Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 277

Thread: Naruto is Getting Closer to the Sage of Six Paths!

  1. #76
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,499
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto is Getting Closer to the Sage of Six Paths!

    Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    That's an assumption, I guess. The chakra paper was said to react on a chakra to know someone's element. If oonoki would use that chakra paper, then it will react to his three elements. As simple as that.

    How naruto would know which elements to give oonoki? The same way he did on how he recognized kakashi's chakra. If oonoki is a KT, then that's his unique trait as an individual. So if naruto can mold kurama's chakra to match everyone's unique trait, does it mean that naruto mold kurama's chakra to match oonoki's chakra/unique trait as a KT?
    How would that paper react to more than one elements? Kakashi doesn't use a single element, but when he touched the paper, only one effect was visible. I believe that was the case with affinity being only a single element and not multiple elements, but we have already discussed that.

  2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #77
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member samsiufan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Behind you..that's my Kage Bunshin
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,688
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto is Getting Closer to the Sage of Six Paths!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    How would that paper react to more than one elements? Kakashi doesn't use a single element, but when he touched the paper, only one effect was visible. I believe that was the case with affinity being only a single element and not multiple elements, but we have already discussed that.
    Agreed - The paper will react only to the user's dominant element and therefore his affinity as per that particular test. It does not mean the user can't use other elements.
    Focus on your circle of influence and not your circle of concern
    Jiraiya: Right, I need a title for the next book..Ah...Got it....
    THE TALE OF UZIMAKI NARUTO SASUKE
    About Pain: Yahiko provides the ideals and Nagato is the means

  4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #78
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    70
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto is Getting Closer to the Sage of Six Paths!

    Seems pretty obvious Oonoki's dominant element is Earth, just like Kakashi's is Lightning. The only difference is that, while each of them can use at least three elements, Oonoki can combine those three into a new element.

  6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #79
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,812
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto is Getting Closer to the Sage of Six Paths!

    Quote Originally Posted by rlinfamous View Post
    Seems pretty obvious Oonoki's dominant element is Earth, just like Kakashi's is Lightning. The only difference is that, while each of them can use at least three elements, Oonoki can combine those three into a new element.
    With Kekkai Genkai users you must obviously have a degree of control and affinity for all the elements involved in order to fuse them. However, you will likely have a greater degree of control and affinity for one element over all others, it just so happens that the degree may be so small it may be unable to be measured or noticed.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  8. #80
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    70
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto is Getting Closer to the Sage of Six Paths!

    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    With Kekkai Genkai users you must obviously have a degree of control and affinity for all the elements involved in order to fuse them. However, you will likely have a greater degree of control and affinity for one element over all others, it just so happens that the degree may be so small it may be unable to be measured or noticed.
    I don't think it's too small a difference to be measured... we've watched Oonoki go all-out against multiple S-class opponents and Madara (who is in his own tier). Oonoki uses almost exclusively Earth release / Dust Release, and rarely uses his other elements outside of Dust Release. Stone Golems, stone fists, making things light/heavy... pretty much sums up Oonoki.

  9. #81
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,812
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto is Getting Closer to the Sage of Six Paths!

    Quote Originally Posted by rlinfamous View Post
    I don't think it's too small a difference to be measured... we've watched Oonoki go all-out against multiple S-class opponents and Madara (who is in his own tier). Oonoki uses almost exclusively Earth release / Dust Release, and rarely uses his other elements outside of Dust Release. Stone Golems, stone fists, making things light/heavy... pretty much sums up Oonoki.
    Not disagreeing per say, but just take a moment and look what those other techniques are, wind and fire, offensive techniques.

    Dust element is not only faster, but far stronger than those.

    Likewise, earth element jutsu are most defensive, so he'd have a reason to use those. He hasn't had much of a reason to use fire or wind jutsu, and if he did, they'd be useless because they wouldn't hit anyone or do enough damage to be worth it IMO.
    Last edited by Delbi; January 28, 2013 at 03:04 PM.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  10. #82
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,361
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto is Getting Closer to the Sage of Six Paths!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    How would that paper react to more than one elements? Kakashi doesn't use a single element, but when he touched the paper, only one effect was visible. I believe that was the case with affinity being only a single element and not multiple elements, but we have already discussed that.
    That's odd. The manga never said that kakashi is a KG user, does he? And he even said that every jonin in the konoha has two or three elements. So, does it mean that the entire jonin is composed of KG and KT users?

    The chakra paper reacted on kakashi's lightning element because he's a lightning user. And if kakashi is KG user, then that chakra paper would react to his two elements.

    The thing is, kakashi stated that the chakra paper would react to anyone's chakra to know anyone's element. So basically, if someone is A KG /KT user, that paper would react to his/her elements. And naruto and kakashi aren't established in the manga as a KG users. Maybe if yamato did try to use the paper, then maybe we'll know the true answer.

    Honestly, for me, kakashi's statement about the chakra elements contradict the manga. How come he said that the konoha's jonin has at least two or three elements? Whereas in the ninja world, that kind of ninjas are kinda rare? DD I get the right? Or my interpretation is kinda wrong?

  11. #83
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,499
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto is Getting Closer to the Sage of Six Paths!

    Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    That's odd. The manga never said that kakashi is a KG user, does he? And he even said that every jonin in the konoha has two or three elements. So, does it mean that the entire jonin is composed of KG and KT users?

    The chakra paper reacted on kakashi's lightning element because he's a lightning user. And if kakashi is KG user, then that chakra paper would react to his two elements.

    The thing is, kakashi stated that the chakra paper would react to anyone's chakra to know anyone's element. So basically, if someone is A KG /KT user, that paper would react to his/her elements. And naruto and kakashi aren't established in the manga as a KG users. Maybe if yamato did try to use the paper, then maybe we'll know the true answer.

    Honestly, for me, kakashi's statement about the chakra elements contradict the manga. How come he said that the konoha's jonin has at least two or three elements? Whereas in the ninja world, that kind of ninjas are kinda rare? DD I get the right? Or my interpretation is kinda wrong?
    Kekkei Genkai means using them through combination. Kakashi can use multiple elements, but only separately. That's the difference
    As a side element, he can learn more. It's not limited, but it takes too much time. Say, when Naruto trained for his wind element, he used two hundred clones to speed up the learning process. That's quite a number. Without it, that was going to take a ton of time and that's for his primary element. God knows how much time would Naruto need if he was to train any other element at that point (=

    In the training, Yamato molded water chakra in one hand, earth in the other, combining both to use Mokuton. Basically, the reactions would be based on that. If he molded water chakra, it would react to that. If he molded earth chakra, the same would happen with it. But I don't know if he basically concentrated like Naruto did, because it was an unconscious molding as far as elements concerned.

    Kekkei Tota is extremely rare, because using three elements is relatively achievable, but combining all to manipulate something new is an extreme task. That's why Jinton is so cool

  12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  13. #84
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto is Getting Closer to the Sage of Six Paths!

    Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    That's odd. The manga never said that kakashi is a KG user, does he? And he even said that every jonin in the konoha has two or three elements. So, does it mean that the entire jonin is composed of KG and KT users?

    The chakra paper reacted on kakashi's lightning element because he's a lightning user. And if kakashi is KG user, then that chakra paper would react to his two elements.

    The thing is, kakashi stated that the chakra paper would react to anyone's chakra to know anyone's element. So basically, if someone is A KG /KT user, that paper would react to his/her elements. And naruto and kakashi aren't established in the manga as a KG users. Maybe if yamato did try to use the paper, then maybe we'll know the true answer.

    Honestly, for me, kakashi's statement about the chakra elements contradict the manga. How come he said that the konoha's jonin has at least two or three elements? Whereas in the ninja world, that kind of ninjas are kinda rare? DD I get the right? Or my interpretation is kinda wrong?
    Let me help you. In the manga, there are basic elements, and advanced elements. Light, earth, water, wind, and fire are basic elements and each hidden village is specialized in one of them. This basic elements are in the chakra of the shinobi.

    Now, some people can combine any of them to create an advanced element. Wood, Lava, dust are all advanced elements. People who have achieved this combination are called KKG user, but not to be confused with KKG such as Sharingan, Byakugan, or Kimmimaru's bones stuff. Actually, the word the manga used was that they are considered as KKG.

    Thus, as you can see, the paper cannot react to wood, because wood is not present in one's chakra. Similarly, the paper cannot react to dust. Moreover, the paper detects only the elemet towards which the chakra leans.

    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    With Kekkai Genkai users you must obviously have a degree of control and affinity for all the elements involved in order to fuse them. However, you will likely have a greater degree of control and affinity for one element over all others, it just so happens that the degree may be so small it may be unable to be measured or noticed.
    As far as the manga goes, each person has only one affinity. Depending on their chakra and life force, they can be able to combine them. There have not been shown any requirement to have the same amount of presence of the element that are being combined. I would rather say that you need to combine a certain ratio of each element.

    For example, logically, Water +earth should give mud. Thus, I agree that in order to give wood, you need something else. This something has not been specified by Kishi. In Hashimara's case, I think it is life force because Naruto's life force gave trees on contact with wood.
    Last edited by so6pww; January 28, 2013 at 05:31 PM.

  14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  15. #85
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,463
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto is Getting Closer to the Sage of Six Paths!

    Kyuubi's life force, not Naruto's. And you don't need life force otherwise Yamato wouldn't have been able to do Mokuton. I guess Kishi changed the whole thing, as in Part I it was originally forbidden jutsu, if I recall.

  16. #86
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto is Getting Closer to the Sage of Six Paths!

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Kyuubi's life force, not Naruto's. And you don't need life force otherwise Yamato wouldn't have been able to do Mokuton. I guess Kishi changed the whole thing, as in Part I it was originally forbidden jutsu, if I recall.
    Every human being has a life force. The Senju/uzumaki who are descendent of the younger son inherited the Sage body with a strong life force. Chyo used part of Naruto's life force to revive Gaara when she run out of her own. The shinobi dies when his life force his gone.

    Please, do the following: (1) discuss when you have learned something from the manga and stop spamming rebuttal based on nothing, and (2) Stop complaining about Kishi because he is not doing what you want. Sasuke will have his time, and then you will be happy.

  17. #87
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,463
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto is Getting Closer to the Sage of Six Paths!

    I'm pretty sure you're a troll. Either that or you love making up facts and refuting the manga.


    We see Naruto himself be surrounded by Yamato's Mokuton many times. Yet he's never done anything to the Mokuton. Explain how, after stealing Kyuubi's chakra and going in Kyuubi Chakra mode, he was able to give life to Mokuton? Simple, because of Kyuubi's chakra. If you read the manga.. wait, if you actually bother to think you'd realize this.

    And Chiyo used Naruto's chakra, not life force, to revive Gaara. Why did she say she didn't have enough chakra, then? If it was life force, then she'd have said so. A shinobi can also die when he's out of chakra, as we saw with Kakashi. Nagato used all of his life force and aged considerably, but Kakashi used all of his chakra without aging. Chiyo, when she was revived, didn't look any older, so she didn't use her life force.


    Please, do the following:

    1) Actually read the manga adn think. I'm sure you're incapable of understanding what's written, no matter how clear it is, but you have people to help you. Plenty of things you've said directly contradicted the manga, like Minato's soul being Naruto (ridiculous theory ftw).

    2) Actually read discussions and what people say. Where did I complain about Kishi not doing what I wanted? Or that I wanted Sasuke to have his time? You are very deluded, based on your posts. Either that or you cannot read English well. Because I still haven't seen where ANYONE has said Sasuke should solo Madara, despite what you said. And if you did read the posts or discussions that went on, you'd KNOW that people said they wanted to see Naruto AND Sasuke fight together.

    3) Stop pretending as if you stopped replying because you think we can't understand. Admit that you stopped replying because you realized you were wrong. And stop acting butthurt that people go against what you say, considering you're wrong in most cases.


    Cuz seriously... Naruto being able to give life to Mokuton? lolol, didn't happen until he used the Kyuubi's chakra without its will attached. Accusing people of wanting Sasuke to solo Madara and Juubi when you're the only one who even mentioned that? Riiiight.

  18. #88
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    70
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto is Getting Closer to the Sage of Six Paths!

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I'm pretty sure you're a troll. Either that or you love making up facts and refuting the manga.


    We see Naruto himself be surrounded by Yamato's Mokuton many times. Yet he's never done anything to the Mokuton. Explain how, after stealing Kyuubi's chakra and going in Kyuubi Chakra mode, he was able to give life to Mokuton? Simple, because of Kyuubi's chakra. If you read the manga.. wait, if you actually bother to think you'd realize this.

    ....

    Cuz seriously... Naruto being able to give life to Mokuton? lolol, didn't happen until he used the Kyuubi's chakra without its will attached.
    It's also possible that the Kyuubi's chakra somehow amplified Naruto's own unique traits. For instance, the Kyuubi chakra has been known to heal Naruto's wounds at dramatic rates, such as when it repaired the hole Sasuke's Chidori put in his chest. However, we don't see the same results from, say, the Hachibi's chakra; the Hachibi sat around bleeding for a while after being wounded by the Five Tails. We also don't see Bee entering any variations of Chakra Mode, or gaining a unique power from the Hachibi comparable to sensing hatred or impacting Mokuton. The Kyuubi's chakra has given Naruto all sorts of "Rikudou-esque" powers that other Jinchuuriki lack; he even gained a Rikudou-like form while in Chakra Mode / Bijuu Mode, which may not be 100% a result of the Seal used (which, it turns out, is ALSO the same one used by the Rikudou).

    Basically, there's something fishy about Naruto's powers while wielding the Kyuubi's chakra that could suggest there's more at work than simply the Kyuubi chakra; it's possible that a different Jinchuuriki would not get the same results, even if they made friends with the Kyuubi and could gain the same access to its chakra that Naruto has.

    So far, every time Naruto has revealed exceptional "Life Force", healing powers, sensory powers, etc, these have been attributed to the Kyuubi's chakra... however, they are also traits associated with the Uzumaki clan. This is particularly evident when you look at Kabuto's analysis of Karin's ability, which he claims gave him automated healing. She's not just a trained medical ninja, her chakra/life force make her a natural healer. It's true that Naruto lacks these powers when he's not using the Kyuubi chakra to some degree, but it's possible that the Kyuubi's amplification helps him unlock them to a higher degree.
    Last edited by rlinfamous; January 29, 2013 at 12:28 AM.

  19. #89
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,463
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto is Getting Closer to the Sage of Six Paths!

    That's Kyuubi's chakra though, it has nothin to do with Naruto. Wasn't it able to heal Kakashi and Gai as well? As we saw with Ichibi, bijuu have different powers. Kyuubi can heal and boost abilities, naturally, while pure chakra can give life and sense emotion. Ichibi can control sand and use fuuton.

    Rikudou-like form is apparently created because of Rikudou Sennin's chakra, but I'm not too sure on this. I seriously don't think it has anything to do with Naruto or his chakra, it's just a wish it was.

    Might be, or they could get the same results. Naruto's never done anything healing or sensing. Karin's the only one who's healed, and she was known for sensing. Mito was known for detection emotion AFTER sealing the Kyuubi in her, according to Tobi. Kushina showed no such power.

  20. #90
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    70
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto is Getting Closer to the Sage of Six Paths!

    Nagato is also a confirmed sensor type, despite sensing abilities not being a confirmed power of the Rinnegan (Madara/Obito don't have sensory capabilities that we know of). Could be an Uzumaki thing.

New Reply
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts