Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 277

Thread: Naruto is Getting Closer to the Sage of Six Paths!

  1. #91
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33,633
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto is Getting Closer to the Sage of Six Paths!

    I think it is an Uzumaki thing, actually. Nagato didn't show ability to sense without using that rain jutsu though, did he? But good catch, forgot about Itachi saying that, though it does seem little weird.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

  2. #92
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    290
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto is Getting Closer to the Sage of Six Paths!

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    That's Kyuubi's chakra though, it has nothin to do with Naruto. Wasn't it able to heal Kakashi and Gai as well? As we saw with Ichibi, bijuu have different powers. Kyuubi can heal and boost abilities, naturally, while pure chakra can give life and sense emotion. Ichibi can control sand and use fuuton.

    Rikudou-like form is apparently created because of Rikudou Sennin's chakra, but I'm not too sure on this. I seriously don't think it has anything to do with Naruto or his chakra, it's just a wish it was.

    Might be, or they could get the same results. Naruto's never done anything healing or sensing. Karin's the only one who's healed, and she was known for sensing. Mito was known for detection emotion AFTER sealing the Kyuubi in her, according to Tobi. Kushina showed no such power.
    Can you show a single image where Kyuubi chakra healed wound on Kakashi and Guy. Kakashi used a one shot and he was done. It was only for stamina, and I am actually waiting for Kishi to make it explicit that the healing power is not Naruto's.

    Mito, Karin, Nagato, and now Naruto have all Sensing. Two of them are not Jinchuriki, and one of the jinchuriki wasn't said to be perfect. Why the difference. I believe if Mito was a perfect Jinchuriki, Kushina wouldn't have problem with Kurama.

    I am also expecting any of the shinobi alliance to go yellow flash, super sensor, etc.

    ---- As for now ---

    In my opinion, Naruto never get a chance to distinguish his own power from Kyuubi's. The first time Naruto healed was on his way to confront Zabuza. At that time, there was no collaboration between him and Kyuubi. I have many thread on some forum dealing with this fact: Kyuubi started to eat Naruto's chakra since he was baby. So whose chakra does Kyuubi really have? He ate Mito's, Kushina's and now Naruto's. My guess is all these power Naruto has are Uzumaki power, and Kishi had to explain because we have non-jin Uzumaki with the same power.

    Moreover, I am waiting to see Naruto in Goku's chakra. He is going to be awesome again, then, we will see that everything is from Naruto. Kurama is only giving power source.

  3. #93
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    72
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto is Getting Closer to the Sage of Six Paths!

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I think it is an Uzumaki thing, actually. Nagato didn't show ability to sense without using that rain jutsu though, did he? But good catch, forgot about Itachi saying that, though it does seem little weird.
    Spoiler show

    Spoiler show


    Here are a couple of more recent examples w/out any rain present, and here's the Itachi statement you referred to (for others' benefit).

    Spoiler show

  4. #94
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto is Getting Closer to the Sage of Six Paths!

    Quote Originally Posted by so6pww View Post
    In my opinion, Naruto never get a chance to distinguish his own power from Kyuubi's. The first time Naruto healed was on his way to confront Zabuza. At that time, there was no collaboration between him and Kyuubi. I have many thread on some forum dealing with this fact: Kyuubi started to eat Naruto's chakra since he was baby. So whose chakra does Kyuubi really have? He ate Mito's, Kushina's and now Naruto's. My guess is all these power Naruto has are Uzumaki power, and Kishi had to explain because we have non-jin Uzumaki with the same power.

    Moreover, I am waiting to see Naruto in Goku's chakra. He is going to be awesome again, then, we will see that everything is from Naruto. Kurama is only giving power source.
    lol what?
    Not only you are wrong, you are incredibly wrong:
    The exchange happens only and only when Naruto starts using Chakra Mode, as Hachibi explained.
    Not only that, but Yondaime's seal was made so only a tiny bit of Kyuubi's chakra would leak, and it would kinda defeat the purpose if Yondaime would let the Kyuubi stole the chakra of his son, expecially when he was a baby, right?

    And considering neither Kushina nor Mito were perfect Jinchuurikis, Kyuubi didn't steal a thing

  5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  6. #95
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,980
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto is Getting Closer to the Sage of Six Paths!

    Quote Originally Posted by rlinfamous View Post
    Spoiler show

    Spoiler show


    Here are a couple of more recent examples w/out any rain present, and here's the Itachi statement you referred to (for others' benefit).

    Spoiler show
    While I don't doubt for a second that all Uzumaki's have the ability to sense chakra (Would explain why Naruto can do it so well in Sage Mode, which is jutsu that can only enhance things you already have), the only problem with Nagato is he has the Rinnegan which essentially allows him to do anything, meaning we don't know for sure despite the fact it is highly likely.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #96
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    72
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto is Getting Closer to the Sage of Six Paths!

    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    While I don't doubt for a second that all Uzumaki's have the ability to sense chakra (Would explain why Naruto can do it so well in Sage Mode, which is jutsu that can only enhance things you already have), the only problem with Nagato is he has the Rinnegan which essentially allows him to do anything, meaning we don't know for sure despite the fact it is highly likely.
    Maybe you missed it, a page back when I first cited Nagato as an example of potential Uzumaki sensory powers, I made sure to contrast him from what we'd seen from the two Uchiha Rinnegan users. Because yeah, hard to tell with that eye.

  9. #97
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,980
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto is Getting Closer to the Sage of Six Paths!

    Quote Originally Posted by rlinfamous View Post
    Maybe you missed it, a page back when I first cited Nagato as an example of potential Uzumaki sensory powers, I made sure to contrast him from what we'd seen from the two Uchiha Rinnegan users. Because yeah, hard to tell with that eye.
    Thing is, he sensed chakra at one point, and then the pressure around Itachi's eye or whatever. Those are two different sensing powers. And the only ninja who can do what he did with Itachi's Amaterasu was Zetsu, who received his power from a Rinnegan user.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  10. #98
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33,633
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto is Getting Closer to the Sage of Six Paths!

    Quote Originally Posted by rlinfamous View Post
    Spoiler show

    Spoiler show


    Here are a couple of more recent examples w/out any rain present, and here's the Itachi statement you referred to (for others' benefit).

    Spoiler show
    I'm talking about before the war though, not during the war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    While I don't doubt for a second that all Uzumaki's have the ability to sense chakra (Would explain why Naruto can do it so well in Sage Mode, which is jutsu that can only enhance things you already have), the only problem with Nagato is he has the Rinnegan which essentially allows him to do anything, meaning we don't know for sure despite the fact it is highly likely.
    I don't think all Uzumaki do. Kushina, it seems, may not have had the ability as she never noticed Tobi invading. Tsunade doesn't seem to have the ability to sense either, and she's half or 1/4 Uzumaki. Mito, from what we know, could sense only because of the Kyuubi, since Kyuubi's associated with emotion sensing. Karin is the only one known to sense based on her own ability, not on the Kyuubi or theorized on Rinnegan.

    I do think Nagato himself could sense, considering Madara and Tobi aren't able to sense even with Rinnegan. Doesn't look like a RInnegan thing, but more the ability of the shinobi him/herself. Naruto getting Rinnegan wouldn't make him able to sense. I'm pretty sure Kyuubi or Sage Mode isn't enhancing his abilities like healing and sensing, but giving him new abilities. It'd make sense.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

  11. #99
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Poke-france.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,824
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto is Getting Closer to the Sage of Six Paths!

    Quote Originally Posted by rlinfamous View Post
    It's also possible that the Kyuubi's chakra somehow amplified Naruto's own unique traits. For instance, the Kyuubi chakra has been known to heal Naruto's wounds at dramatic rates, such as when it repaired the hole Sasuke's Chidori put in his chest. However, we don't see the same results from, say, the Hachibi's chakra; the Hachibi sat around bleeding for a while after being wounded by the Five Tails. We also don't see Bee entering any variations of Chakra Mode, or gaining a unique power from the Hachibi comparable to sensing hatred or impacting Mokuton. The Kyuubi's chakra has given Naruto all sorts of "Rikudou-esque" powers that other Jinchuuriki lack; he even gained a Rikudou-like form while in Chakra Mode / Bijuu Mode, which may not be 100% a result of the Seal used (which, it turns out, is ALSO the same one used by the Rikudou).
    That still brings up questions if that is the case, since the ability to regenerate and sense isn't a trait of either the Uzumaki or Senju clan.

    We've seen the Hachibi's chakra heal Kirabi, in his fight with Sasuke, healing the hit from Chidori and later his burnt away skin. On the otherhand, we've never seen a Bijuu heal damage to themselves. And Naruto got a variation because he used a special sealing technique. Naruto's own traits had nothing to do with it, else it would have happen long before.

    Quote Originally Posted by rlinfamous View Post
    Basically, there's something fishy about Naruto's powers while wielding the Kyuubi's chakra that could suggest there's more at work than simply the Kyuubi chakra; it's possible that a different Jinchuuriki would not get the same results, even if they made friends with the Kyuubi and could gain the same access to its chakra that Naruto has.
    Not really. Mito didn't need to befriend the Kyuubi to gain it's hatred sensing ability, and from what we saw with the wooden dragon, Mokuton sprouting is it naturally absorbing the Kyuubi's chakra.

    Quote Originally Posted by rlinfamous View Post
    So far, every time Naruto has revealed exceptional "Life Force", healing powers, sensory powers, etc, these have been attributed to the Kyuubi's chakra... however, they are also traits associated with the Uzumaki clan. This is particularly evident when you look at Kabuto's analysis of Karin's ability, which he claims gave him automated healing. She's not just a trained medical ninja, her chakra/life force make her a natural healer. It's true that Naruto lacks these powers when he's not using the Kyuubi chakra to some degree, but it's possible that the Kyuubi's amplification helps him unlock them to a higher degree.
    Healing and sensory abilities haven't been attributed as traits to the Uzumaki clan. Karin is the only Uzumaki to display such an ability, while Nagato was shown lacking it and Tsunade needed to create a whole new technique to replicate the ability. We know Naruto doesn't naturally have regeneration, because when Kabuto purposely cut off the Kyuubi's chakra, Naruto was gonna die had Tsunade not stepped in and saved him.

    And only Naruto and Mito possess the ability to sense hatred, instead of the regular chakra sensory that everyone else holds, including Karin.

  12. #100
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto is Getting Closer to the Sage of Six Paths!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    That still brings up questions if that is the case, since the ability to regenerate and sense isn't a trait of either the Uzumaki or Senju clan.
    I distinctly remember Madara telling the Kages that Hashirama could heal without seals and Kabuto telling the bros his high-regenerative abilities came from Karin's Uzumaki blood

  13. #101
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,980
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto is Getting Closer to the Sage of Six Paths!

    Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    I distinctly remember Madara telling the Kages that Hashirama could heal without seals and Kabuto telling the bros his high-regenerative abilities came from Karin's Uzumaki blood
    Both are true, but it remains to be seen if Karin can actually heal herself.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  14. #102
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Poke-france.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,824
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto is Getting Closer to the Sage of Six Paths!

    Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    I distinctly remember Madara telling the Kages that Hashirama could heal without seals and Kabuto telling the bros his high-regenerative abilities came from Karin's Uzumaki blood
    Hashirama's healing apparently came from his Mokuton ability, which was unique to him not the Senju clan, and Kabuto just says he got it from her, before going on to mention the Uzumaki clan having a strong life force. Nothing about the entire clan possessing regeneration, which fits with what we have seen.

  15. #103
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    72
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto is Getting Closer to the Sage of Six Paths!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    Hashirama's healing apparently came from his Mokuton ability, which was unique to him not the Senju clan, and Kabuto just says he got it from her, before going on to mention the Uzumaki clan having a strong life force. Nothing about the entire clan possessing regeneration, which fits with what we have seen.
    It's never even been implied that Hashirama's healing came from his Mokuton. Madara even distinguished between the two when he scoffed at Tsunade for lacking the Mokuton and even being an inferior healer.

    However, the fact that Kabuto used to the Uzumaki Clan's exceptional Life Force essentially to explain where Karin's healing powers came from DOES imply a connection. The only unrelated bit of information he gave was that the Uzumaki all have red hair, which I feel was in part Kishi justifying the "big reveal" that Karin is an Uzumaki. However, it's pretty clear the Life Force is the reason for automated regeneration. I'm not saying everyone would get the same results as Kabuto, since his body can also liquify, but it stands to reason Karin could be an abnormally fast healer.

  16. #104
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Poke-france.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,824
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto is Getting Closer to the Sage of Six Paths!

    Quote Originally Posted by rlinfamous View Post
    It's never even been implied that Hashirama's healing came from his Mokuton. Madara even distinguished between the two when he scoffed at Tsunade for lacking the Mokuton and even being an inferior healer.

    However, the fact that Kabuto used to the Uzumaki Clan's exceptional Life Force essentially to explain where Karin's healing powers came from DOES imply a connection. The only unrelated bit of information he gave was that the Uzumaki all have red hair, which I feel was in part Kishi justifying the "big reveal" that Karin is an Uzumaki. However, it's pretty clear the Life Force is the reason for automated regeneration. I'm not saying everyone would get the same results as Kabuto, since his body can also liquify, but it stands to reason Karin could be an abnormally fast healer.
    It was solely attributed to Hashirama, not the Senju clan, in a conversation about his Mokuton abilities. And Yamato too possesses said healing. The only thing the three have in common is Mokuton.

    It can't be, because aside from Karin, we've never seen any such regeneration. Both Nagato and Naruto have been shown heavily wounded, Naruto was shown not being able to heal without the Kyuubi's chakra, and Tsunade had to create a whole specialized technique in order to gain such regeneration. Heck, we even saw Kushina bleeding without any sign of healing going on. The strong life force allows them to live longer then a nomal person, but there's not a single sign that it grants them the ability of regeneration.

  17. #105
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    72
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto is Getting Closer to the Sage of Six Paths!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    It was solely attributed to Hashirama, not the Senju clan, in a conversation about his Mokuton abilities. And Yamato too possesses said healing. The only thing the three have in common is Mokuton.

    It can't be, because aside from Karin, we've never seen any such regeneration. Both Nagato and Naruto have been shown heavily wounded, Naruto was shown not being able to heal without the Kyuubi's chakra, and Tsunade had to create a whole specialized technique in order to gain such regeneration. Heck, we even saw Kushina bleeding without any sign of healing going on. The strong life force allows them to live longer then a nomal person, but there's not a single sign that it grants them the ability of regeneration.
    It wasn't in a conversation about the Mokuton, it was just about Hashirama and his healing abilities vs Tsunade's.

    Spoiler show

    Spoiler show


    However, good catch pointing out Yamato's technique. While Yamato needed seals to perform it (unlike Hashirama's alleged healing jutsu), it certainly could be proof that Hashirama's healing is pretty much straight-up Mokuton. I hadn't really considered that panel.

    Spoiler show


    I still think Hashirama's jutsu is more indicative of his incredible Senju/Uzumaki Life Force, which is what grants his Mokuton all of its unique properties; it's not the wood itself that is amazing, it's Hashirama's chakra that can use the wood as a conduit. That's why strapping his face on your arm lets you wield 10 transplanted Sharingan, or why having his genes gives Obito/Madara the power to link with the Mazou. I also believe it's why his healing techniques are so incredible.

    I think a Senju/Uzumaki could do the same things as Hashirama with an element other than Mokuton if they had the same level of power; if Tobirama had been as much of a badass, he could have probably just used his water, but for whatever reason his chakra must have been inferior, because you don't see people transplanting his genes for stamina.

    It's a shame that Kishi has created so many overpowered Uchiha characters with unique eyes and powers that follow the theme of Yin/Spiritual Energies, etc, but only one dominant Senju character to represent Yang/Physical Energies. While Nagato/Naruto are chakra beasts and can handle the Rinnegan/Kyuubi, etc, it's hard to distinguish their own powers from those "borrowed" powers. Hashirama didn't need the Kyuubi to be a badass, he was badass enough to control the Kyuubi. He didn't need the Rinnegan, he was a necessary component for Madara to even awaken the Rinnegan... I wish we got more answers about the mysterious Senju clan and why we don't see any of them.

New Reply
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts