Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 113

Thread: Are women in the Naruto world weak?

  1. #91
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    400
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Are women in the Naruto world weak? ( part 2 spoilers!! )

    I don't recall Sakura doing anything other than what she was told to during the fight with Sasori. She didn't fight by making her own decisions. Chiyo told her everything she should do and controlled almost all of Sakura's actions. That doesn't show Sakura is good. Sasori would kill her in under a minute if she was by herself.

    Btw, DMS, I don't think Sasori is one of the lower ranks. You still seem to forget that Sasori let himself die. He could of dodged the attack and if he did, he would have easily won and the only thing he would have to do is do some puppet reconfiguration.

    Sakura is overall weak. Having impressive strength means jack squat if she's slow as hell. Who is she gonna hit? Naruto would destroy her. Let's see her medical jutsu do anything when the RasenShuriken blows her to pieces.

    The only medical ninja I respect in this manga is Kabuto (Oh yea notice how Kabuto schooled Shizune and Tsunade, WHILE taking a full blown Rasengan to the gut).

  2. #92
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Underworld University
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Posts
    753
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Are women in the Naruto world weak? ( part 2 spoilers!! )

    Quote Originally Posted by PredatorNar
    I don't recall Sakura doing anything other than what she was told to during the fight with Sasori. She didn't fight by making her own decisions. Chiyo told her everything she should do and controlled almost all of Sakura's actions. That doesn't show Sakura is good. Sasori would kill her in under a minute if she was by herself.

    Btw, DMS, I don't think Sasori is one of the lower ranks. You still seem to forget that Sasori let himself die. He could of dodged the attack and if he did, he would have easily won and the only thing he would have to do is do some puppet reconfiguration.

    Sakura is overall weak. Having impressive strength means jack squat if she's slow as hell. Who is she gonna hit? Naruto would destroy her. Let's see her medical jutsu do anything when the RasenShuriken blows her to pieces.

    The only medical ninja I respect in this manga is Kabuto (Oh yea notice how Kabuto schooled Shizune and Tsunade, WHILE taking a full blown Rasengan to the gut).
    You seem to forget that even though Sakara wasn't knowledgeble about Sasori's attack at start by the end she was dodging his moves WITHOUT Chiyos help even Sasori complimented her saying she wasn't a brat to to take lightly, because she was reading the puppets movement just by looking at his hand movement.


  3. #93
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Are women in the Naruto world weak? ( part 2 spoilers!! )

    Tsunade taught Sakura to dodge like that. That's one of Sakura's skills, since a dead medic-nin can't help/save her teammates. Sure's she's not as strong as Naruto or Sasuke, but one has a demon fox sealed inside him and the other has a bloodlimit. Since Sakura has nothing but her own hard work that perfected her chakra control and her brains, which she trained to be smart enough to read her enemies' movements, I think she's a great character, on par with Rock Lee, who showed that talent can only get you so far but it's hard work that makes you good.

    No one mentions Sakura's foresight in bringing antidote for Sasori's poison. If she didn't do that, Chiyo wouldn't have lived. Sasori didn't just acknowledge Sakura for her dodging skills, or her incredible strength, but he himself said that she had done something he couldn't: Not only did she figure out the antidote to his poison, she made it from scratch. Sasori said himself that if he didn't have the ingrediants and the exact dosages for what was needed, even he - the creator of the poison and antidote - would not be able to make the antidote correctly.

    So what if Sakura isn't as skilled as Naruto or the guys at ninjutsu or taijutsu (I'm not counting genjutsu because I waiting for actual evidents that she's going to FINALLY get a chance to learn some :P and excel in something she has both the chakra control and brains for!), she's good at things they're not. We don't need everyone to be good at the same things. And another amazing skill she has is that she's very good at reading her teammates too, which is one reason why her and Chiyo worked so well together. Sakura, unlike her male counterparts, doesn't vie for attention or boast about her skills. She's usually far more focused on the importance of the mission.

    Just because Sakura and the rest of the girls are not "strong" like the guys doesn't mean they're not strong in other ways that are also needed in battle. Being predictably weak, being underestimated and surprising the enemy, that's also an asset. Being a ninja isn't always about fighting, there's spying, infiltrating, information gathering, sabatoge, and hell, half the time your opponent could be stronger than you, but being able to beat them up fairly doesn't mean in a real fight that person will lose to you. Everyone got their own skills and people grow and change all the time. (Ex. Pre-timeskip, Naruto wouldn't have been able to beat Kiba up fairly, but his farting gave him an advantage - so, as you can see, luck also has an importance in a fight. Things happen.) And keeping your teammates alive and healthy enough for them to continue to fight, is also something that is needed - example, Naruto after sprouting tails would not have been able to heal fast enough to continue with the mission of following Orochimaru if Sakura had not been there to heal him. And her running after him when he lost control, just a reminder, no one informed her or the team that Yamato had the skills to stop Naruto from going berserk. I can see it's perfectly reasonable for Sakura to lose her head when she thinks that no one can help Naruto and that if she could just get through to him that he doesn't need to become like that to keep his promise to her by himself, than her running to him isn't as foolhardy. She's also never seen him lose control, so she doesn't know that he can't be reached at that time.

    Just saying.
    Last edited by blueweber; July 04, 2007 at 03:04 PM.

  4. #94
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,803
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Are women in the Naruto world weak? ( part 2 spoilers!! )

    Actually I'd put Sakura on par with Sasuke in terms of Taijutsu. Sasuke might have speed over her, but in terms of actual skill they are on par. With some offensive Medical Ninjutsu she could render Sasuke temporarily blind or paralyzed limiting his ability to fight. Not to mention her raw physical strength. Fighting a Medical Ninja in close combat is tantamount to commiting suicide as demostrated by Kabuto. You can't afford to get any physical contact between yourself and a Medical Ninja or risk damaged muscles, nerve endings, shattered bones, severed ligaments etc....

    For example Sakura could slam the ground knocking Sasuke off his feet and follow up by severing the hamstring on his left leg. Or if she learns the right technique use a contact poison that she has already taken the antidote for and the moment Sasuke hits her he is poisoned....

  5. #95
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Alterno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,708
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Are women in the Naruto world weak? ( part 2 spoilers!! )

    Nope they are not...


  6. #96
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member 3shinkyo3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    London
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    323
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Are women in the Naruto world weak? ( part 2 spoilers!! )

    Quote Originally Posted by Miso View Post
    We have so many characters and several of those are really strong and cool.
    But when I look at the females among them I somehow feel disappointed.

    Let's scroll through:
    Ino, Tenten, Hinata....they all are nothing compared to their male companions. They might have their own special techniques and strengths but you would never compare them to Lee, Neji, whoever. Even Shikamaru is cooler. He may not have so much phyiscal strength but he uses his techniques well and is much smarter.
    Sakura...she was kind of useless in part 1 (no offense! ). Although her chakra ability control is top-notch she couldn't fight very well. Chuunin exam, forest: I thought she would shine against the Sound nins while Naruto and Sasuke were knocked out. But bah....only Kawamiri No Jutsu...so lame. Credits to her that she even tried.
    Part 2: Finally, she has some insane strength due to Tsunade's training. I was so happy and thought she could rip some enemies apart. And now we see her childish behaviour in chapter 296. This is not how a shinobi should be.
    So overall in terms of what a good ninja in a fight might determine she is more of a disappointment.
    Temari...she is not weak but not the strongest either. Something in the middle. Doesn't blow me away.
    Tsunade...finally someone who is even a Sannin and super strong. Regarding physical strength noone can compare. But even she isn't as cool as Oro or Jiraya. In the great Sannin fight we saw she slacked off because seeing blood. Although it is understandable considering her painful past it is somehow "uncool". Typically girlish behaviour. Kishimoto kills his female characters with such trivial shortcomings.

    The male characters in comparison might have their own weaknesses and they also lose sometimes but overall it doesn't derogate their toughness.
    For example, Kakashi: He terribly lost against Itachi facing the Tsukiyomi. Does anyone think now that he is weak? NO.

    Let's think about this:
    Is there any girl who could be a serious opposer to Naruto? Nope.
    Boys? Enough. Neji, Gaara, Sasuke, Shino... I don't deny that Naruto has beaten Neji and Gaara but both times it wasn't easy. Now lets imagine a Tenten - Naruto fight.  Haha...this is a joke, isn't it?

    I haven't seen any male character failing in a fight because of trivial matters. But the females....perhaps it's the typical view of how japanese women should be: nice, girlish, someone you should protect.

    I'm desparately waiting for a female character who is really tough. She might lose but she will not sink in my respect.

    What do you think?
    Please convince me that Naruto's females are not weak! Gimme some facts so that I can consider a female character in Naruto really tough and strong!

    i've added "( part 2 spoilers!! )" to the title, because you mentioned sakura's actions in part 2 - K

    I agree with your point as i too feel that the girls of the series are made to come across weak. None of them IMO would be able to beat their male counter parts. Thought the series we have seen the girls being knocked out or having to wait for a guy to come along and save them prime example would be sakura pre time skip in missions all you heard was protect the client. I know i may be over generalising slightly but it was a similar scenario with the girls of the other teams expect temari (she can hold her own). Also due to the obvious power restraint that kishi gave them you would at least expect them to have decent battles between each other, but of what i did see these battles were more for comical effect than anything else.

    Please don't get me wrong i would really like to see the female ninjas being improved onas they come across more as cheer leaders. I really didnt like sakura for that reason but know i am just annoyed with kishi for showing her fight seriously earlier as the sasori fight i loved, for once there was a strong female chacter taking a hit and getting back up and giving it right back. For the first time sakura came across IMO as a ninja in her own right and not just as a supportive side kick, both sasori and chiyo (spelt wrong) commented on how talented she really was, but up untill that point we all had to just assume that she was capable witout seeing any proof. I really hope that kishi shows the groth of some more of the female ninjas as could only improve on an already great manga.
    Quote Originally Posted by blueweber View Post
    Tsunade taught Sakura to dodge like that. That's one of Sakura's skills, since a dead medic-nin can't help/save her teammates. Sure's she's not as strong as Naruto or Sasuke, but one has a demon fox sealed inside him and the other has a bloodlimit. Since Sakura has nothing but her own hard work that perfected her chakra control and her brains, which she trained to be smart enough to read her enemies' movements, I think she's a great character, on par with Rock Lee, who showed that talent can only get you so far but it's hard work that makes you good.

    No one mentions Sakura's foresight in bringing antidote for Sasori's poison. If she didn't do that, Chiyo wouldn't have lived. Sasori didn't just acknowledge Sakura for her dodging skills, or her incredible strength, but he himself said that she had done something he couldn't: Not only did she figure out the antidote to his poison, she made it from scratch. Sasori said himself that if he didn't have the ingrediants and the exact dosages for what was needed, even he - the creator of the poison and antidote - would not be able to make the antidote correctly.

    So what if Sakura isn't as skilled as Naruto or the guys at ninjutsu or taijutsu (I'm not counting genjutsu because I waiting for actual evidents that she's going to FINALLY get a chance to learn some :P and excel in something she has both the chakra control and brains for!), she's good at things they're not. We don't need everyone to be good at the same things. And another amazing skill she has is that she's very good at reading her teammates too, which is one reason why her and Chiyo worked so well together. Sakura, unlike her male counterparts, doesn't vie for attention or boast about her skills. She's usually far more focused on the importance of the mission.

    Just because Sakura and the rest of the girls are not "strong" like the guys doesn't mean they're not strong in other ways that are also needed in battle. Being predictably weak, being underestimated and surprising the enemy, that's also an asset. Being a ninja isn't always about fighting, there's spying, infiltrating, information gathering, sabatoge, and hell, half the time your opponent could be stronger than you, but being able to beat them up fairly doesn't mean in a real fight that person will lose to you. Everyone got their own skills and people grow and change all the time. (Ex. Pre-timeskip, Naruto wouldn't have been able to beat Kiba up fairly, but his farting gave him an advantage - so, as you can see, luck also has an importance in a fight. Things happen.) And keeping your teammates alive and healthy enough for them to continue to fight, is also something that is needed - example, Naruto after sprouting tails would not have been able to heal fast enough to continue with the mission of following Orochimaru if Sakura had not been there to heal him. And her running after him when he lost control, just a reminder, no one informed her or the team that Yamato had the skills to stop Naruto from going berserk. I can see it's perfectly reasonable for Sakura to lose her head when she thinks that no one can help Naruto and that if she could just get through to him that he doesn't need to become like that to keep his promise to her by himself, than her running to him isn't as foolhardy. She's also never seen him lose control, so she doesn't know that he can't be reached at that time.

    Just saying.
    I agree that there are many different kinds of strengths and even supportive characters have their role to play in the grand scheme of things but i also belive that a chacter should be able to depend on their own strengths and not just rely on the strengths of others. Medical-nins are very useful as they are need to carry out missions with minimal casulaties, however look at kabuto or even tsunade incomparison to sakura and ino, just because they are medical nins doesnt mean they shouldn't have or need offensive jutsus if anything being a medical nin would make them more deadly, but the naruto generation girls seem to have none, sakura i now like and hope she learns more but ino!! come she does very little at best.

    I am rooting for sakura to be a water element user and to perfect a jutsu that is water based but poisons at the same time, she would be great, i have kinda given up hope for ino i'm starting to think it is a lost cause but tenten and hinata i am holding out for them to really being improved on

  7. #97
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,803
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Are women in the Naruto world weak? ( part 2 spoilers!! )

    The only fight we have seen Sakura participate in was against Sasori. Offensive Medical ninjutsu would be wasted on puppets.

  8. #98
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member alias85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    94
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Are women in the Naruto world weak? ( part 2 spoilers!! )

    the only strong female characters that i've seen naruto are Tsunade, and Temari. Sakura could be strong, but I've haven't seen any fights to lead me to concluding that she is. Most of the time, she's just a back up imo. When comparing their strength to their own class levels of genin, chuunin, and jounin, females I'm afraid to say will never be the strongest, maybe sub par---above average within the ranks, with the exception of Tsunade although I still believe is weaker than Jiraiya and Oro. so to answer your question YES imo.

  9. #99
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Are women in the Naruto world weak? ( part 2 spoilers!! )

    well i read the first post and in my opinion its wrong because ok ino is so lame i'll give him that... but temari we don't know to much about never saw her fight also hinata haven't seen her yet....

  10. #100
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Alterno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,708
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Are women in the Naruto world weak? ( part 2 spoilers!! )

    They are not weak, most of them fought against their worst enemy ever for the kind of kunouchi that they are.

  11. #101
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    318
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Are women in the Naruto world weak? ( part 2 spoilers!! )

    temari, tsunade and sakura are the only 3 that have been shown to hold their own. sakura could not compete with sasuke and naruto in a fight because their speed and ninjutsu level is way above hers.

  12. #102
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fxrznaruto23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    214
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Are women in the Naruto world weak? ( part 2 spoilers!! )

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayah View Post
    I believe Deidara is a man, un!
    yay he is a man.

  13. #103
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NSW, Australia
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    69
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Are women in the Naruto world weak? ( part 2 spoilers!! )

    well now that we know the unnamed member of akatsuki is in fact ((((( SPPPOOILLLERRR))))

    (SPOILER WARNING) Read at own risk of exposure to Naruto Chapter 363.

    female she is probably kick ass as she was assigned by the leader to capture naruto alive
    plus she also said that they needed to recruit members stronger than previous ones. saying something so derogative about other members probably means she could easily kill them. as she was assigned to capture naruto just now probably means she hasnt captured her own bijuu although this really doesnt mean much as itachi hasnt either.


    she also has an odd name. dunno what thats got to do with anything. (Pein)

  14. #104
    Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Soul Society
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,150
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Are women in the Naruto world weak?

    Quote Originally Posted by Miso
    Please convince me that Naruto's females are not weak! Gimme some facts so that I can consider a female character in Naruto really tough and strong!
    They are not weak - but seems weaker than male shinobis, that's all.
    But by all means I don't say that there aren't any strong kunoichi; for example Tsunade is/was Hokage, just by this it means she's really strong; not only that, she is one of the best <if not the best - actually it was said that she's the best> medic in the world and can heal on great scale actually, it's a really strong trait.

    Quote Originally Posted by blueweber
    Just because Sakura and the rest of the girls are not "strong" like the guys doesn't mean they're not strong in other ways that are also needed in battle. Being predictably weak, being underestimated and surprising the enemy, that's also an asset. Being a ninja isn't always about fighting, there's spying, infiltrating, information gathering, sabatoge, and hell, half the time your opponent could be stronger than you, but being able to beat them up fairly doesn't mean in a real fight that person will lose to you.
    True.

    Besides, it's not like women are weak in Narutoverse, it's rather that it's shounen where's no actually for kunoichi more space than for men, it's as simple as that. I, for example, see Tsunade and Temari as strong kunoichi, who can fight on par probably with most of the shinobi <of course excluding "top trier", seriously xP> But because Kishi-sama tends to show us only men - that's the way of this manga.

    btw. nope, Konan didn't prove to be so strong, but I admit I like her design. It's sad that she didn't have a proper fight <like, for example, with Aburame 4 members - Kishi could show that fight, and now the only way to see it is by fillers by Pierrot, which.. oh well, I don't have too much hope in termes of quality for that xd> Actually Tayuya seems "more capable" than Konan in some way <yeah, she fought just a "chuunin", but you know: overall image was stronger than Konan's after all xd>
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

  15. #105
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Arctigor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Are women in the Naruto world weak?

    Anko looks pretty strong. She's a special jounin after all, so I think she can beat all the female ninjas(except tsunade and mizukage).

    We must not forget about Shizune. Altough we only see her holding that pig, she's tsunade's pupil and I think she's at least a special jounin with many skills.
    Last edited by Arctigor; September 08, 2009 at 05:13 AM.
    http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/a/image/1354/36/1354363077873.jpg

New Reply
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts