Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Taiyou no Ie by Taamo

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Taiyou no Ie by Taamo

Title: Taiyou no Ie (House of the Sun)
    Author: Taamo
    Year: 2010
    Serialization: Dessert (Kodansha)
    Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance, Shoujo, Slice of Life

Summary:
    “Back in the day, that place was a house filled with magic—a place where you ended up smiling even if you were crying. Surely, an invisible wizard must have lived there. Or so I thought.”

What’s a young child to do when her mother leaves her father for another man? Or when her father remarries a woman who brings along a child from a previous marriage? Or when her childhood neighbor friend invites her to live with him?

Personal Thoughts:
    I enjoyed the story although it may not be very special. I'm especially fond of the graphic. It's very simple -- maybe a bit too simple, you can see that the eyes of the female lead is just a random spiral -- but because of that it makes you feel relaxed. Other than that, the plot's pace is pretty slow like usual shoujo but still enjoyable for me. The relationships of the characters grow steady. I'm still a bit in the beginning so I haven't seen much, but so far so good.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member windy van's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Shoujo] Taiyou no Ie by Taamo

Waa.. No one here?? And I thought this manga is one of my favorite..
    Read this one, it's really cute and heartwarming.. I like Taamo art as well as her stories..
    It's not about steamy romance and nothing really dramatic is happening, but I like it so much..

'What one can do, what one cannot do, what one must do.. All These one must decide by oneself.'
    Bokura no Kiseki

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windy van View Post
    Waa.. No one here?? And I thought this manga is one of my favorite..
    Read this one, it's really cute and heartwarming.. I like Taamo art as well as her stories..
    It's not about steamy romance and nothing really dramatic is happening, but I like it so much..
    Exactly because it doesn't emphasize in romance for me. It's about Mao growing up and accepting things and changing what she can with the help of people around her. I'm mostly curious about how she'll reconcile with her family though I'm also curious about her romance life, hehe.

Finally I found someone who reads it too! Yay!

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup, I wonder why this thread is so quiet..
    Phio-chan, have you read the last translated chapter? Did you think
    Spoiler show

'What one can do, what one cannot do, what one must do.. All These one must decide by oneself.'
    Bokura no Kiseki

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup, I wonder why this thread is so quiet..
    Phio-chan, have you read the last translated chapter? Did you think
    Spoiler show
    Yeah, I read it up to the latest chapter. Haha, I know, right?! Mao and Hiro are just for one another. Their interaction is so sweet. I wasn't expecting Daiki to even come in the love circle, but I guess this makes things fun a bit. Mao wouldn't expect Daiki to have feelings for her so she'd run to Daiki from Hiro. Ooh, I smell jealousy very soon. As for Oda... He's lost literally, lol. Wishing him luck with Chihiro!

---------- Post added August 07, 2013 at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was July 21, 2013 at 02:40 PM ----------

Goosh, seriously, this series is quickly rising as one of my favorite shoujo! Chapter 26 is simple and sweet. Well there's always that usual love triangle you have in shoujo series, but this one is cute and fresh, ehehe~ Daiki is so awesome. And Hiro is getting very funny with his going back and forth about Mao. I really can't wait for more! <3

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Goosh, seriously, this series is quickly rising as one of my favorite shoujo! Chapter 26 is simple and sweet. Well there's always that usual love triangle you have in shoujo series, but this one is cute and fresh, ehehe~ Daiki is so awesome. And Hiro is getting very funny with his going back and forth about Mao. I really can't wait for more! <3
    My God, I don't check this one for a while coz new chapter was released not that long ago, and when I read your post, I checked them to found out that chapter 27 is released as well. Wow, 2 chapters in a row. I'll read them now!!

Bokura no Kiseki

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

My God, I don't check this one for a while coz new chapter was released not that long ago, and when I read your post, I checked them to found out that chapter 27 is released as well. Wow, 2 chapters in a row. I'll read them now!!
    You're right! Aw, I'm so happy to have two chapters released together~ And chapter 27 is another funny and sweet chapter. Yay for a fight growing between Hiro and Daiki over Mao, muahaha. Both tries their best to catch Mao's attention, haha. I also think Mao's father is pushing her a bit too much although I understand his reason from before. But that doesn't justify what he's doing, boo.

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Finished reading. Waa.. Daiki is so cutely aggressive. That holding hands scene.. I bet he have his contacts. It's just his excuse.
    Daiki.. What a confidence you have, for thinking that Hiro will support you. In chapter 27, Hiro already show his feelings that bothered by Daiki.
    This is getting more interesting. I can't be sure if it is fresh, but I'm sure this love triangle is sooo cute!! Can't wait what will happen when Mao and Daiki at home alone when Hiro have retreat. It will be funny!!
    Mao's father is so twisted. He can act as loving father for Yui that's his stepdaughter, but so cold to Mao that's his biological daughter. But Mao finally could decrease the distance with her family. I'm happy for her.

Bokura no Kiseki

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Finished reading. Waa.. Daiki is so cutely aggressive. That holding hands scene.. I bet he have his contacts. It's just his excuse.
    Daiki.. What a confidence you have, for thinking that Hiro will support you. In chapter 27, Hiro already show his feelings that bothered by Daiki.
    This is getting more interesting. I can't be sure if it is fresh, but I'm sure this love triangle is sooo cute!! Can't wait what will happen when Mao and Daiki at home alone when Hiro have retreat. It will be funny!!
    Mao's father is so twisted. He can act as loving father for Yui that's his stepdaughter, but so cold to Mao that's his biological daughter. But Mao finally could decrease the distance with her family. I'm happy for her.
    Isn't it obvious that Daiki was lying about the contact lenses? He just wanted to protect Mao and got an excuse to hold her hand, muahaha. And I absolutely loved it when Daiki openly mentioned about dating Mao and Hiro with his anger only answered with one word: "Why?". You can feel his jealousy right there, kyaa kyaa~

Ah, it's fresh for me because it's the first time I read this kind of plot, meaning a boy taking care of a girl running away from home and then complications come. It becomes special because this boy has to stay 'professional' as the one who taking care of the girl but also can't help falling in love with her. XD

The scene with little sister is sweet and touching. All that's left is the father, eh.

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahaha.. That's real sweet and funny..

Hoo..., you should read Yumemiru Taiyou by Takano Ichigo. It's about girl leaving home and living with guys too for the same reason, her parent's remarriage. I don't finished it though coz idk, back then I didn't really like it. Don't know if I will read it again though as my waiting to read list is mounting..

Yes, that is really sweet. Her father is tsundere, so we should know how it will turn out.

---------- Post added August 23, 2013 at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was August 08, 2013 at 09:00 PM ----------

New chapter is out!!
    Waa... Daiki is so cute.. He made a move!! Kyaaa.... I do switch over him now.
    Hiro is so dense for Radical, poor her. He's so sweet for Mao though.
    Okay Daiki, There's not really much chances for you, so go for it now!! Hahaha...
    Last edited by windy van; August 09, 2013 at 02:49 AM.

Bokura no Kiseki

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I. cannot. stop. smiling. HIRO!!! <33333 What a funny but sweet story. I laughed hard at Daiki getting pissed off by his brother's call the same way Hiro getting mad and kept on checking on Mao and Daiki. So funny. And Mao and Hiro's moments together... How can it be so sweet? *__* I can't wait to see how Mao helped Hina to return to the family, and how Hiro will solve the case of Sugimoto, fufufu.

I'm still in such a high mood. *__*

---------- Post added September 19, 2013 at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was August 30, 2013 at 10:31 PM ----------

Chapter 30. I laughed at the way Daiki always said "Just go to hell, Hiro." LOL~ I know he's not in a super good relationship with his brother but Mao makes things worse and it just complicates things. XDD Hiro seems to be thinking so far to the future, though. Everyone is standing still with their feelings, I wonder if any would change... Can't wait to see interesting things in the trip. :3

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just managed to catch up with Taiyou no Ie, and I had forgotten how sweet this story much... So many things happened up to chapter 36 now. People changed, feelings are growing. So wonderful. The thoughts and feelings are natural, in my opinion. Because that's what you would do in real life, making things difficult but that way you won't regret it, at least. Can't wait to see how Hiro and Mao would work things out with their families and with each other.

I'm just wondering about the HUGE scene between Hiro and Mao and the hints after that... I mean, seriously, Mao still doesn't get it? Because I feel like sometimes they act like friends but at other times like lovers.

Either way I'm still happy.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Nuts Re: [Shoujo] Taiyou no Ie by Taamo

Wahh taiyou no le!! I love this series!
    I just started reading it and love it! Im also very curious about how she will make up with her family and will she be able to confess to hiro!? Radiacal and mao like the same person I cant beleive its so interesting though not popular! > n <

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by polly View Post
    Wahh taiyou no le!! I love this series!
    I just started reading it and love it! Im also very curious about how she will make up with her family and will she be able to confess to hiro!? Radiacal and mao like the same person I cant beleive its so interesting though not popular! > n <
    Welcome, welcome! Yay, another TnI fan! I thought I was alone (again), haha. Have you read chapter 37? Finally, that big moment we have been waiting for. Now that everything is laid out in the open, I wonder how the boys will fight and how the girl will react, muahaha. What is your theory?

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel that this series needs more fans. It's a great series after all!

I like the current development, so to say. I think it's time for the characters to move forward and get things changed for better. I'm so used to Mao staying with Hiro and Daiki that them returning to their "right" places will be a very interesting factor to get those feelings move forward, hoho.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast