Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Would you like fillers if there is no manga updates?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 34.62%
  • No

11 42.31%
  • Undecided - Depends - Mandatory Third Option

6 23.08%
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Madhouse fillers?

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Madhouse fillers?

I would love if they follow the Heaven's Arena plot with Zushi and Wing. It's something that is nice and I believe it wont affect a lot the main plot and the main characters.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally I'd actually prefer it if Togashi would just quit the manga and continue the series with the anime. He wouldn't have to draw that way! However that's not going to happen for a multitude of reasons.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrudeCross View Post
    Personally I'd actually prefer it if Togashi would just quit the manga and continue the series with the anime. He wouldn't have to draw that way! However that's not going to happen for a multitude of reasons.
    I don't think it's just he is picky when it comes to his art. All of the arcs in HxH are quite different from each other and he likes to keep things fresh not only between the arcs of his own manga but differentiate himself from other shonen manga. I think his hiatus are honestly there mostly giving him time to think and fester of new ways to take the story. That and he has no need to work around the clock like other mangaka since HxH sells like crazy anyway plus is married to the author of Sailor moon so he can do/does things as he pleases

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The Invertroid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HybridBloodsZak View Post
    T
    If I were Madhouse I would finish the Election Arc then end the anime since that's a nice cut off regardless of the fact there isn't new material. Then years down the line once Madhouse knows HxH is almost finished they can start the anime back up and finish it around the same time as the manga ( a la FMA: Brotherhood )
    How long has it been since Togashi started this most recent hiatus? I really would hope that there is at least some new manga content for MadHouse to adapt by the time they reach the end of the election arc. I mean, that has to be over a year away from now. Togashi can't possibly be that lazy.

Who knows, maybe Togashi can plan room for some constructive filler in his next chapters. Then again, it's entirely likely that he wouldn't care enough to do that.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

When they eventually catch up with the anime (which will probably be next year) Madhouse should just pause the anime for a year or two or when Togashi's close to finishing the series, and then continue and finish the anime. I don't really want any filler arcs...

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

"That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GingFuriksu View Post
    Or maybe if Madhouse didn't rush/skip shit we wouldn't have this problem. I don't understand how that makes any sense... you adapt a manga that goes on hiatus for months, even years, and you're going to make it a fast paced anime... LOL!
    That's one of the things I hated the most among other things done by madhouse, I feel like the super fast paced way they're running through Hunter x Hunter is damaging the overall quality of Hunter x Hunter

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't really feel that fast paced though. I mean yeah, there was one or two episodes in G.I. that rushed things, but other than that the pace has been fine. The best pacing was in Heaven's Arena in my opinion, so it would be cool to see the rest of the anime follow that pace.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Riruru's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cipher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GingKuriksu
    Or maybe if Madhouse didn't rush/skip shit we wouldn't have this problem. I don't understand how that makes any sense... you adapt a manga that goes on hiatus for months, even years, and you're going to make it a fast paced anime... LOL!
    That's one of the things I hated the most among other things done by madhouse, I feel like the super fast paced way they're running through Hunter x Hunter is damaging the overall quality of Hunter x Hunter
    The only real extremes of that were episode 48 and 62.

To be frank, even if Madhouse did adapt 2 chapters/episode and slowed down their pacing, that wouldn't make up for the hiatus' Togashi's been and will continue to be on. The anime would still end at some point. Just a few months later. Yeah it sucks, but slower pacing has limited effect on keeping the show from ending.
    Last edited by Riruru; January 27, 2013 at 04:18 PM.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I mainly don't like it because it's pretty detrimental to the build-up of suspense, there's no sense of tension or anything apart from a few instances, I for one really love feeling that tension so the 2011 version comes off as a bit disappointing, of course that's a personal opinion and I'm not trying to start another 1999 vs 2011 flame war.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Cinnabar's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know... I think the pacing is pretty good overall. There were still a lot of heart-stopping moments in the anime, like the scene where Gon and Killua were tailing the Spiders and got caught. I kinda like the fast pace. It brings a different kind of tension.

Heaven's Arena was definitely the best adaptation of all the HxH arcs thus far for me. Everything there was just perfect.

I don't want filler arcs but... I'd still be interested if MH decides to do something like a spinoff series.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't want any fillers. For the most part, I feel like they do more good than harm. I wouldn't mind the manga stopping (at chapter 339 or something), and then Madhouse doing an OVA special side story about some of the other characters, with Togashi's consultation or something.

Other than a couple episodes I haven't felt the pacing was too fast. They're likely aware of Togashi's hiatuses, but it could be due to other reasons they're cutting things out... budgeting? Maybe they have to complete GI arc in a set number of episodes to keep up with the anime season? Maybe they only have so much they can spend on this arc? Other than 62, I don't feel like they've been going too fast, actually, and although the ant arc is long, I hope they go back to doing 2-3 chapters per episode or something after GI is over.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Has there ever been an occasion that a Mangaka gave scripts or ideas to the continuation of a series or tell the staff how to finish an arc before it was published in manga form?

I recall one such case which is Gash bell and I think that maybe if Togashi has the arc planned out he might give Madhouse his story to animate before it's drawn and then you have a real continuation after the election arc.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by susanoo13 View Post
    Has there ever been an occasion that a Mangaka gave scripts or ideas to the continuation of a series or tell the staff how to finish an arc before it was published in manga form?

I recall one such case which is Gash bell and I think that maybe if Togashi has the arc planned out he might give Madhouse his story to animate before it's drawn and then you have a real continuation after the election arc.
    I somehow doubt he'll end up doing that, Togashi seems like the kind of artists that changes his mind a lot when working on things (such as the scrapped work that ended up as the HxH movie), that and Madhouse would end up getting too far ahead of him, which might end up as another gantz anime ending, and the HxH fanbase probably doesn't want that.
    Last edited by cipher; January 28, 2013 at 02:11 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Invertroid View Post
    Togashi didn't stop Nippon from adding filler to their adaptation. Of course, we all know how that serie's anime-only content turned out. Foxbears started using nen, Killua started having angst, and most of the less objectable padding was rather forgetable, such as Gon meeting Leorio before boarding the ship to the Hunter Exam. While Madhouse seems to have a better grasp of the souce material, I still would want Togashi to give them feedback with any filler.
    I agree and disagree with this. Foxbears or whatever they were called having nen powers was silly, but Gon meeting Leorio before boarding, I thought was a nice addition and more interesting than the manga. I also like how it foreshadowed Kurapika too, when it showed him reacting to a spider and killing it. I've always liked that in stories in a general sense. I also liked the added in stuff with Anita. I also enjoyed the addition of Killua resisting the urge to kill. IMO, Killua has a good reason to occasionally be "emo". Seems anything extra involving character interactions didn't bother me...only if plot points were completely changed or completely ignores canon.

That aside, your filler ideas are pretty cool.

QUOTE]

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I honestly can't believe how anyone likes Anita and Emo Killua stuff.

Mostly when it's completely incoherent with his character and that becomes awfully evident in Chimera arc.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

20. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast