Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128

View Poll Results: Would you like fillers if there is no manga updates?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 34.62%
  • No

11 42.31%
  • Undecided - Depends - Mandatory Third Option

6 23.08%
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Madhouse fillers?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Madhouse fillers?

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    I honestly can't believe how anyone likes Anita and Emo Killua stuff.

Mostly when it's completely incoherent with his character and that becomes awfully evident in Chimera arc.
    Not to mention that filler ruined!! Netero's awesome game

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

"That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I did say, in my opinion. I liked the addition of Anita because it was nice to see someone affected by the actions of Killua and his family. It humanized it a bit for me, which is why I personally enjoyed the addition. As for emo Killua, I didn't really find him to be all that emo to begin with. Moody at times or down in the 1999 anime at times (like all of our main characters), but not completly "emo". Besides, seems that was dropped really fast, unless my memory is failing me, or either it was so underplayed that it didn't leave a big impression on me. He has issues trying to resist his natural instinct to kill. This is something that I wish the manga would've touched up on, because it was interesting to me and would've added even more depth to Killua's already, in my opinion, deep character, given his upbringing... I liked the idea of his trying to fight the urge to kill if he could help it.

I also found that more interesting than Netero's game...then again, I was never a big fan of Netero to begin with, so maybe it's bias on my part. :-P

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Riruru's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

What about an AU (alternate universe) spinoff series? I know I put One Piece out there a lot, but they had a few episodes dedicated to stuff like Oyabun Luffy. I wouldn't mind something like that after HxH 2011 ends just for the laughs. Then the writers wouldn't have to worry about things like mucking up the storyline. They wouldn't have to contact Togashi all the time either.

Quote Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
    I did say, in my opinion. I liked the addition of Anita because it was nice to see someone affected by the actions of Killua and his family. It humanized it a bit for me, which is why I personally enjoyed the addition. As for emo Killua, I didn't really find him to be all that emo to begin with. Moody at times or down in the 1999 anime at times (like all of our main characters), but not completly "emo". Besides, seems that was dropped really fast, unless my memory is failing me, or either it was so underplayed that it didn't leave a big impression on me. He has issues trying to resist his natural instinct to kill. This is something that I wish the manga would've touched up on, because it was interesting to me and would've added even more depth to Killua's already, in my opinion, deep character, given his upbringing... I liked the idea of his trying to fight the urge to kill if he could help it.

I also found that more interesting than Netero's game...then again, I was never a big fan of Netero to begin with, so maybe it's bias on my part. :-P
    That would've been interesting...if he actually had one. Personally I find that he can move past the killing whenever he wants an even more scary and complex quirk of his character. Rather than just adding, I see it more as shoving aside one of his canon traits for a typical and less imaginative one. That's the reason Emo Killua pisses readers off more than most people think.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Yuyunarutoballz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Last time we got MADHOUSE writing a story by themselves (that i remember) we got Claymore's ending. No gracias. When they do add-ons that's fine, but stories completely made up by them? ehhhhh

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Invertroid View Post
    How long has it been since Togashi started this most recent hiatus?
    Less than a year. He began his last hiatus mid-March, 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Netero View Post
    When they eventually catch up with the anime (which will probably be next year) Madhouse should just pause the anime for a year or two or when Togashi's close to finishing the series, and then continue and finish the anime. I don't really want any filler arcs...
    That is actually the most likely scenario, even more likely than filler. They are better off ending this anime with the Ants, then continuing every year or two with one or two cour anime, or movies (depending on the arc). That is commonplace enough nowadays, and basically how they are doing the Magi anime.
    Last edited by Kaiten; February 13, 2013 at 11:44 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DraMas26's Avatar
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Less than a year. He began his last hiatus mid-March, 2012.
    We all know by Togashi's logic wiriting 2 chapters for the Kurapika one shot counts as coming back from hiatus Thus Togashi has only been on hiatus for about 3 months

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

As others have mentioned, I think MH will stop on ch339 (if they get that far). But if HxH 2011 proved to be popular and the higher ups wanted it to continue, fillers galore OR make a deal with Togashi to just continue HxH via anime. Either way, it all boils down to what the executives wanted to do with it. Those who have the money have the say after all.

Quote Originally Posted by DraMas26 View Post
    We all know by Togashi's logic wiriting 2 chapters for the Kurapika one shot counts as coming back from hiatus Thus Togashi has only been on hiatus for about 3 months
    No doubt. So he's still have 9 more months to play DQX :P
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic168866_1.gif

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the only filler ive seen so far are the two recap episodes
    some people consider recap episodes filler and some dont, to me i just watch them anyway

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member souhail's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

we have seen that mad house started with fillers already in the c.a
    Spoiler show

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Eh we'll see as the arc progresses but I don't think they're trying to slow the pace down completely. On episode 52 they had "filler" for half of the episode because Silva/Zeno vs Chrollo couldn't be 30 minutes without dragging. I think this is the case again, they're doing the things they are for pacing purposes so the scenes can play out naturally in an anime format that couldn't be achieved had they just copy/pasted manga panels. Madhouse has my faith in knowing how to adapt a story into a different medium. The audience needs time to get to know Kite before shit really hits the fan and the impact of events to come to hit the viewer as hard as it does. I was expecting 2 episodes* before the Ants set events in motion similar to how it took 2 eps for Gon/Killua to get into Greed Island.

*Based on the Episode 78 Title Rapid X Breeding that seems the case

If they're already releasing promotional material for Morel, Knov, Knuckle, and Palm that means we're going to be seeing them in the near future. It's not like they're showing Bizef the Secretary or Ikalgo yet

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Jaimini626's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

who says that hxh anime isnt popular last i checked it was like the top 8 or 9 coine above toriko , which is also watched by many people (idk why but it has more anime fans than the manga fans)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaimini626 View Post
    who says that hxh anime isnt popular last i checked it was like the top 8 or 9 coine above toriko , which is also watched by many people (idk why but it has more anime fans than the manga fans)
    Toriko anime has good ratings because it is paired with One Piece and uses popularity of One Piece to become famous

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Jaimini626's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@future frog i dont think thats the case , what if toriko airs in the same hour as one piece that doesnt make people watch toriko , i think toriko is pretty popular with the kids , but idk why there are more viewers than readers , may be because the anime is toned down and the parents think that the manga is bad for the kids or something ?.?

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3