Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mihawk

32 55.17%
  • Dragon

26 44.83%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Quarterfinals: Match 2: Mihawk vs. Dragon

Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quarterfinals: Match 2: Mihawk vs. Dragon

This thread wont have a poll until one day of discussion. This is to avoid one-liners and allow a bit more of discussion on each fight, as well to allow you to change your mind while discussing it. Thanks for your understanding.

Quarterfinals: Match 2

MIHAWK VS DRAGON

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Quarterfinals: Match 2: Mihawk vs. Dragon

I don't think I could vote for Dragon without even knowing how he fights and what kind of power he has. Except Conqueror Haki, that much is evident, but that's not much help against someone like Mihawk.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    I don't think I could vote for Dragon without even knowing how he fights and what kind of power he has. Except Conqueror Haki, that much is evident, but that's not much help against someone like Mihawk.
    It wasn't stated that he has a conqueror haki was it?

His greatest feat shown on the manga was stopping Smoker, I would also go for Mihawk here since he could par Shanks in a swords fight.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Leonsagara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah for Mihawk!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Mihawk wins by logic, Dragon wins by hype and mystery.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPeon View Post
    It wasn't stated that he has a conqueror haki was it?
    Iwankov gave a clear hint here. It's not exactly 100% confirmation, but we don't have to act like it's not obvious what he meant.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

actually, mihawk's character was ruined at my eyes after this scene : http://www.mangareader.net/103-44810...apter-570.html . he used to keep up with shanks,but the latter wasn't an emperor yet,hence his strength was much lower. mihawk was proclamed the strongest swordsman only because shanks lost an arm,imo. Dragon is stronger than garp,imo,that's why I think he would defeat mihawk.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Mihawk wins, he's really a powerhouse enough to withstand Monkey D.'s bloodlines in a battle, the world's best swordsman could put a decent fight on anyone, and beats mysterious skills like Dragon might have.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Arashi View Post
    Mihawk wins, he's really a powerhouse enough to withstand Monkey D.'s bloodlines in a battle, the world's best swordsman could put a decent fight on anyone, and beats mysterious skills like Dragon might have.
    In the manga i doubt Mihawk would beat Dragon, based on Dragons status i dont think there is a lot of people who could currently beat him based on the hype.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Leonsagara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if I buy Dragon being all that strong. Certainly not Admiral level. I'm sure he's fairly strong; a given since he apparently managed to make Smoker back down. I think his success has to do more with his intelligence than sheer strength.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

It's really hard to say who would win. We know Mihawk is ridiculously strong. But we also know he's not the "Strongest Man In The World," that title belonged to Whitebeard. But Mihawk has the title of "Strongest Swordsman." And titles do count for something in One Piece. Dragon's the "Most Wanted Man In The World," so as far as bounties go, that's above even the Yonkou. Now, that doesn't necessarily mean he's stronger than the Yonkou, but my feeling is that he is definitely at least as strong, if not stronger.

Mihawk didn't go toe-to-toe with Whitebeard, he was held back by Vista. Of course, he was probably not being very serious. But the fact remains he's the strongest swordsman, but not necessarily the strongest overall. And based on what Whitebeard said, Shanks didn't lose any power after losing his arm. And Shanks and Mihawk always fought to a draw.

So if Dragon is slightly more powerful than a Yonkou, then he'd win this fight. So I'll vote for him based on that reasoning.

...Although I'm sure many people will rage about "voting on hype" ... that's all we have to go on, so I'm going to do it! Hahaha.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Iwankov gave a clear hint here. It's not exactly 100% confirmation, but we don't have to act like it's not obvious what he meant.
    Also, Garp one chapter later says he knew he had that in him. He does not really say it out loud, but this further strengthens the thought that Dragon has it, too

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leonsagara View Post
    I don't know if I buy Dragon being all that strong. Certainly not Admiral level. I'm sure he's fairly strong; a given since he apparently managed to make Smoker back down. I think his success has to do more with his intelligence than sheer strength.
    instead,I believe he has either a metereological paramisha(which would allow him to rule over weather,better than nami),or a dragon mythological zoan,which could also involve the weather,as oriental dragons are said to be able to control weather.

The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

A very close decision here, I changed my vote from Dragon to Mihawk to Dragon, very confusing, but I do have hope for Dragon, I admit it may just be blind hope. But Oda just can not disappoint on Dragon. That would be like disappointing on one of the yonko, which have been hyped so much in the New World. I do admit that Mihawk can take this one, we have seen a lot from him plus him training Zoro, but he is it the strongest swordsman, but certainly there people stronger then him generally.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

A fairly good fight. I can't say who owns who. But to vote I'd say Dragon wins. This fight surely will be interesting. But to say that Dragon is not Yonko level or Admiral level is fairly an understatement to me, I'd say currently Dragon is on top 5 of the strongest in One Piece, Mihawk can be anywhere around top 15.

Though fights don't go strong owns weak, but generally it still holds.

Edit:

Let's put it this way, to say that Dragon is weaker than Mihawk is saying that Revolutionary Army is not a real threat to World Government. Because Mihawk can single handedly own the Revolutionary army, or any Admiral or 2 can stop this non existent threat.

Since this is not the case, because RA is the greatest threat (reflected by Dragon's bounty) to the World Government.
    Last edited by astute_azure; January 28, 2013 at 08:33 PM.

21. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast