Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 597 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mihawk

32 55.17%
  • Dragon

26 44.83%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Quarterfinals: Match 2: Mihawk vs. Dragon

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sachsenhesse's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Quarterfinals: Match 2: Mihawk vs. Dragon

Quote Quote:
    A fairly good fight.
    What? How do you come to this conclusion without even knowing dragons skills. D: It could be a total stomp, but also a devastating loss for dragon.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I would go with Dragon on this. For me Whitebeard, Shanks, Akainu, Aokiji and Dragon are in a league apart from others. Mihawk is strong but from what we saw in the war Luffy was able to avoid his attacks and Mihawk didn't go easy on Luffy. I wouldn't say it would be the same (pre time skip) if its Akainu or one in the above leauge. Even though nothing more about Dragon was shown except stopping Smoker, I would say Dragon is stronger than Mihawk. He even gained powerful alies like Kuma, ivankov etc.,

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara4343 View Post
    I would go with Dragon on this. For me Whitebeard, Shanks, Akainu, Aokiji and Dragon are in a league apart from others. Mihawk is strong but from what we saw in the war Luffy was able to avoid his attacks and Mihawk didn't go easy on Luffy. I wouldn't say it would be the same (pre time skip) if its Akainu or one in the above leauge. Even though nothing more about Dragon was shown except stopping Smoker, I would say Dragon is stronger than Mihawk. He even gained powerful alies like Kuma, ivankov etc.,
    Man, Shanks is in pair with Mihawk xD.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member leshrak's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Mihawk probably wins. He's supposed to be as strong as Shanks and that's pretty strong. Besides, we saw almost nothing of Dragon.
    "There are some qualities, some incorporate things,/ That have a double life, which thus is made/ A type os twin entity which springs/ From matter and light, evinced in solid and shade"
    - Edgar Allan Poe, "Silence"

http://pandatoryu.wordpress.com/ Brazilian blog about anime, manga and games

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Fight goes like this

Mihawk spots Dragon

Dragon: ....
    Mihawk: ....

off paneled

Mihawk on the floor all worn out, sword broken, and spewing bubbles from mouth

Dragon did not bother to take off his hood.
    Dragon: ( Some strong pirates eh?) ...

lol

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GomuGomu_Getsuga's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I vote Dragon because well...He is Luffy's dad and I don't see anyone but the absolute strongest beating him.

Hype is such a powerful thing.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Arashi View Post
    Man, Shanks is in pair with Mihawk xD.
    Whitebeard said that its still new to his ears about the daily duels between Shanks and Mihawk. That means its a long time ago, it was never mentioned that Mihawk is on par with Shanks. Its like buggy and shanks are buddies in the Roger crew and we now know how they turned out. I am not saying Mihawk is weak but he is not in league with Shanks.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara4343 View Post
    Whitebeard said that its still new to his ears about the daily duels between Shanks and Mihawk. That means its a long time ago, it was never mentioned that Mihawk is on par with Shanks. Its like buggy and shanks are buddies in the Roger crew and we now know how they turned out. I am not saying Mihawk is weak but he is not in league with Shanks.
    Oda said Shanks with only an arm it has the same capacities than two. Mihawk doesn't want to fight with a man in that state though. You are implying they became rusty, think better what you're saying.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DRAGON-PEIN-SAMA's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Dragon will most certainly take this one. Simple reasons being are Kuma, who can easily be considered as strong as Mihawk, was Dragon's subordinate. During the marineford fight, almost all of the famous pirates/marines were shocked to hear Luffy was Dragon's son, not due to Luffy's fame. however, Dragon's. Smoker, who is not afraid to challenge Shichibukai Hancock when she stopped him attacking the same person as Dragon did, did not dare to even face off Dragon. Mihawk is definitely one of the top tier characters, just not the toppest like Dragon.
    Dragon-D-Pein-Sama

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Leonsagara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON-PEIN-SAMA View Post
    Dragon will most certainly take this one. Simple reasons being are Kuma, who can easily be considered as strong as Mihawk, was Dragon's subordinate. During the marineford fight, almost all of the famous pirates/marines were shocked to hear Luffy was Dragon's son, not due to Luffy's fame. however, Dragon's. Smoker, who is not afraid to challenge Shichibukai Hancock when she stopped him attacking the same person as Dragon did, did not dare to even face off Dragon. Mihawk is definitely one of the top tier characters, just not the toppest like Dragon.
    There's no proof of what passed between Smoker and Dragon after Luffy ran off. Please don't assume that Smoker wasn't willing to face off against Dragon.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leonsagara View Post
    There's no proof of what passed between Smoker and Dragon after Luffy ran off. Please don't assume that Smoker wasn't willing to face off against Dragon.
    Come on, Smoker was shit back then compared to bigshots, facing off against Dragon would be insane
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Leonsagara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    Come on, Smoker was shit back then compared to bigshots, facing off against Dragon would be insane
    Says who? We know precisely zero about Dragon's power level. We don't even know that much about Smoker's strength. The only possibly serious fight we've seen him in is against Vergo, and it doesn't seem like he was really trying to win, but pursue a strategy that would let him reclaim Law's heart. Anyway, Smoker's strength isn't the issue here. I'd prefer this fight to go to Mihawk, who we have actually seen to be crazy powerful.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Dragon should be at least around Admirals level. Otherwise, he wouldn't have been a threat to the WG.
    And I actually think that Mihawk would be weaker than Dragon. Still, it's not good to post a character we don't know much about as a fighter.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DRAGON-PEIN-SAMA's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leonsagara View Post
    I am not undermining Smoker, we all know he is one of the bravest characters around as he has faced atleast 3 Shichibukais so far. However, we all saw that he stood ideal/still as watched Dragon seeing off Luffy, when clearly Dragon should have been the higher priority for Smoker to apprehend rather than Luffy.

True we should not judge on characters we have not seen in real battle. But indication towards Dragon's ability isnt just based on his title as the "Most wanted man". There are many hints towards his powers.
    Dragon-D-Pein-Sama

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hm, finally a fight where lack of feats triumphs over hype
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast