Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210
New Reply

Thread: Monster Trio (SHs) vs. Monster Trio (DPs)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Monster Trio (SHs) vs. Monster Trio (DPs)

Monkey D. Luffy, Roanora Zoro, Sanji

vs.

Donquixote Doflamingo, Tralfalgar Law, Vergo

Little bit of info about Film Z that inspired me to make this thread
    Spoiler show

--Lemme say this though, I'm not trying to find out who wins as much as I am trying to see where you think the monster trio stands right now...

The fight takes place on an island full of empty buildings, trees everywhere, it's very stormy, very foggy, full of caves and crevices, and no other sign of life besides the six fighters

They don't have to fight in groups, you can start them outside in the rain or inside a building, or in a cave... Bend the scenario to fit your imagination...

Due to respect for his opponents, Law won't switch their bodies...

>>Poll after a bit of discussion<<
    Last edited by RezzieThaRapper; January 26, 2013 at 03:29 AM. Reason: Spoiler Tags
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Monster Trio (SHs) vs. Monster Trio (DPs)

I'm seriously doubting that the Monster Trio would be able to handle Doflamingo, Law, and Vergo. Although, there are some difficulties in gauging this battle. I'd say we haven't seen the Monster Trio get serious since the timeskip, so it's difficult to grasp there ability. Also Doflamingo's actual ability remains largely unknown. But even so, I'd say that the Monster Trio shouldn't be capable of handling these three. Law is ridiculous, Doflamingo is probably as problematic, and Vergo, although he got taken out with relative ease by Law, pretty much destroyed Smoker. I think the Monster Trio does put up quite a fight. I'd say Vergo might be taken out.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

The way I see it, Doflamingo's gang stomps.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know... I think Zoro is superior to Law, I think he'd be able to block his ability with CoA and out do him in terms of swordsman ship... Sure the teleporting and electric shocks are deadly but it doesn't mean Zoro can't survive it... the biggest threat for Zoro is losing his heart, and I'm assuming that even that won't knock him unconscious seeing what Zoro has done before...

Sanji was at a disadvantage due to being injured by Ceaser while Nami had his body when he fought Vergo, so I'm sure Sanji could at the very least hold off Vergo given the chance to fight at full power... his biggest threat is COA Covered Vergo, he has Diable Jambe and Spectrem and a few Rokushiki techs but I don't think Vergo will land a finishing blow on Sanji

Luffy's combination of CoA and CoO give him a good defense against Dofla's invisible strings, and I'm sure he can dish out punches strong enough to make Dofla think twice about just tanking... I believe Luffy has superior speed and strength but loses in DF ability, but it doesn't matter if Dofla cannot grab Luffy... at the very least Dofla and Luffy should fight a pretty long time, enough for Zoro to defeat Law IMO to go help Sanji overwhelm Vergo, then it's 3 on 1 and I'd give this to the Strawhat Trio with Grievious injury...

Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RezzieThaRapper View Post
    I don't know... I think Zoro is superior to Law, I think he'd be able to block his ability with CoA...
    There is absolutely nothing to suggest that Zoro is superior to Law. And there's definitely nothing to suggest that any of the SHs have sufficiently impressive CoA to block Law's ability. Considering that Vergo was a VA known for his CoA, I seriously doubt that would be the case.

Quote Quote:
    I'm sure Sanji could at the very least hold off Vergo given the chance to fight at full power...
    I think Vergo is clearly the weakest of the three, but I think he's being underestimated slightly. He was able to defeat Smoker. And we simply haven't seen much from Sanji against top tier fighters after the timeskip. I think Vergo, based on what has been shown, is probably favoured against Sanji.

Quote Quote:
    Luffy's combination of CoA and CoO give him a good defense against Dofla's invisible strings, and I'm sure he can dish out punches strong enough to make Dofla think twice about just tanking...
    We lack sufficient information on Doflamigo's abilities to make such arguments. Even his DF remains unknown. What we do know is that he is versatile. If he was capable of manipulating Jozu, it would be probably be simple for him to do the same to the SHs. It is difficult to assess the exact outcome between these two.

With the matchups you've provided, I see two losses for the SHs and an unknown outcome. I think that would translate to a clear loss for the SHs.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sachsenhesse's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

luffy vs law -->win luffy gomu gomu no mi counters laws fruit quite good if you think about it
    zoro vs. dofla --> hate me for it, but zoro would take it... strings vs. swords are never a good idea
    sanji vs. vergo --> vergo takes it

Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sachsenhesse View Post
    luffy vs law -->win luffy gomu gomu no mi counters laws fruit quite good if you think about it
    zoro vs. dofla --> hate me for it, but zoro would take it... strings vs. swords are never a good idea
    How is being made of rubber in any way an effective counter against Law's fruit? And we don't know what Doflamingo's DF ability is, nor do we know the extent of his fighting ability.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sachsenhesse's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Everything that gets cut off of Luffy, he can get back with a a little stretch. Also his gear 2 should be very effective against law. Not to mention that for fighting law u need midrange fighting skills and at this luffy excells truly.

We dont know it for sure yes... but come on. Its obvious from all the actions we saw from him.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

can't wait till Dofla actually cuts loose, so we can really get started

Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sachsenhesse View Post
    Everything that gets cut off of Luffy, he can get back with a a little stretch. Also his gear 2 should be very effective against law. Not to mention that for fighting law u need midrange fighting skills and at this luffy excells truly.

We dont know it for sure yes... but come on. Its obvious from all the actions we saw from him.
    Law has the ability to instantaneously teleport Luffy's limbs anywhere within his area of control, or attach them to whatever he sees fit. I don't see how Luffy's stretching is going to change, or counter, that. Luffy's Gear 2 isn't anymore effective against Law than it is against any other individual. And fighting Law effectively is possible in 3 ways; take him out from beyond the area of his DF ability, have sufficiently strong haki that makes his ability useless, or destroy him before he has the chance to do anything whatsoever. We don't know for sure if Luffy can take Law, but I'm sure that what we've seen so far does not make it obvious that Luffy would take Law. We've barely seen anything from Luffy. The highest level fights in the NW so far have involved Law, Smoker, and Vergo.

Quote Originally Posted by RezzieThaRapper View Post
    Spoiler show

can't wait till Dofla actually cuts loose, so we can really get started
    I am pretty excited to see him go completely insane.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Now I thought about Vergos strenght and it might help in some ways in measuring strenght of those from Monster Trio and "Dolfamingos Gang".

We saw Vergo fighting Sanji, Smoker and Law but we still cant measure their strenght with precision.
    For me there was some very slight differences between those guys strenght in Punk Hazard Arc. For me Vergo, Law and Sanji are all pretty close as it was seen in their fight against Vergo - Sanji was only one of those who fought Vergo on Punk Hazard that underestimated him(he tanked his heavy kick, he stood before taking it on his leg with his hand in pocket and other hand on a cig, he was too cocky - but Law and Smoker knew Vergos strength from the start, they knew him for years, maybe they knew about his DF ability that we dont know yet(if he has any).
    Smoker went all out against Vergo, when he started to feel that he will loose to him he went to Vergos pockets for Laws heart, If he could beat his commander he would do it and then give Laws heart back to owner, but he wasnt capable of beating him. What Law shown us is as I believe one of his strongest if not THE STRONGEST of his attacks, just at start of fight without taking any chances with trying to fight even a little, he used Vergos arrogance against him.
    So I wonder will Oda use next Vergos fight to clear things up? It would help but to me its somehow clear now. But knowing Oda he can(for example) make Vergo fight and win against some top dog from Kaidos crew and hype us up with strenght of people that fought Vergo before. I do think that he is around Marco/ Jozu/ Ace level with Doflamingo being very close to Admiral fighting capabilities.

I would vote for a draw or Doflamingos Gang takes it with like 60/40.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, sanji already showed that he was able to match vergo even though he was in a relatively beaten up state when they just met. Sanji arguably would have done better against him if nami had not taken a beating in sanji's body. As far as weakest links go the strawhats are not behind.

Anyways, I would argue the issue lies in just how strong doflamingo is. In this fight the coherent matchups would be luffy vs doflamingo, zoro vs law and sanji vs vergo. Zoro vs law could go either way as far as I am concerned. Vergo does seem to have some sort of edge over sanji in the end. So the deciding factor would be luffy vs doflamingo. Doflamingo is supposed to be someone of true power and I doubt he could amass such great influence over the underworld if he wasn't insanely strong. To boot his ability seems specially dangerous to some degree, he ripped oz apart rather easily. Luffy has grown strong, enough to be an even match to jinbe however where exactly does doflamingo stand? Luffy has just recently reached true strength however we still do not have enough information to assert just how strong other people are. I am guessing doflamingo would not have an easy time and even if he does win it would not be precisely easy (although it does not necessarily have to be an even fight). I guess I have to go for doflamingo and his crew for now.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a really interesting battle, but seen the layout of the fight, DD's team wins this easily!!!I mean, powerwise they might even be on par (at best), but in such a ground, strategy and tactics would make a huge difference. Luffy is an idiot, Zoro might get lost and end up being ganged up, Law and DD have tricky powers in a Tricky environment with high intelligence!

Now, if it was a one vs one batte in a colosseum, I would give it to the strawhats with the DD vs Luffy, Zoro vs Law and Sanji vs Vergo match-ups, just for a matter of willpower taht it would make a difference even if they r close in power...

New Reply