Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 66 of 84 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 990 of 1248

Thread: Madara thread

  1. #976
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Xiraiya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cloud Village
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,590
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How many times has Madara technically died now lol?

    Well why put effort into surviving/dodging if you'll just regenerate, I don't think we can really assume he was beaten fairly by anyone because of the fact edo-tensei will naturally cause someone to fight differently purely because the threat of death is not there.

    It's true that Lee with Kyuubi cloak etc. definitely just "killed" him but it's one of those things, if Madara had been mortal I'd bet that kick wouldn't have done nearly as much, I'm not saying it wouldn't damage him, I'm saying I don't believe he'd let it even come close to killing him.

    So being immortal and receiving "fatal" blows that you'll just regenerate from I don't believe you can say he was outclassed/beaten/killed/defeated.

    If we were seeing him constantly being outclassed and kept being killed and killed over and over then yeah I'd agree, but no he clearly doesn't give a shit.

  2. #977
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,752
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How many times has Madara technically died now lol?

    Quote Originally Posted by shafagh View Post
    and plot armor doesn't allow him to finish all of his opponent in 2-3 chapter with ease ....
    pfffft chapters? Try pages or panels. Lol

  3. #978
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jessie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    542
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How many times has Madara technically died now lol?

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    Madara has yet to be hit by an attack that could defeat him that he didn't allow to happen. Plot is working more against him than it is for him, as the alliance should be dead ten times over by now.
    Well since these characters aren't real, and only exist in the mind of a 38 year old guy who then draws them with the help of some assistants, plot sort of dictates everything they do. Plot doesn't work for or against Madara.

    And everything that happens to Madara, and the Alliance, is exactly as the author intended.

  4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #979
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ryr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    728
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How many times has Madara technically died now lol?

    Actually, when he first came out of the coffin, Madara has already stated that Edo Tensei was meant to be used in a suicidal manner, i.e. attacking everyone with total disregard for defense due to the fact that you are essentially immortal.

    The only time when Madara put up a proper defense is when the Kages tried to seal him, which is when he whipped out perfect Susanoo.

    The rest of the alliance's attacks, regardless of how flashy they are, are not worthy of warranting an action from Madara, because, they simply will not work on him.
    Last edited by Ryr; January 27, 2013 at 01:47 AM.

  6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #980
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member IChallengeYou!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    873
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How many times has Madara technically died now lol?

    Yeah, and yet we still haven't seen him doing anything suicidal (other than meteor and it does explain why he did it...large AoE damage+far range), because he knows if he gets hit he is susceptible to sealing. So naturally, defense would come first right? Yeah, and it did actually, hence the use of Rinnegan, Susano, and Warfan, but for some ridiculous reason that gets thrown outta the window in this fight particularly, just to give Alliance a chance.

    Madara's stupidity is balanced by Alliance's stupidity tho as I have explained earlier.

  8. #981
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    tolerance land
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    586
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How many times has Madara technically died now lol?

    why should he put the effort into dodging if he knows that he will just regenerate?

    How many jutsu did he use??? where sasuno?? where perfect sasuno? where is his fire jutsu??? Simply put the guy is not trying.

    Also, you do realize that madara is the only one in this damn fight who as not gone all out yet. He was trying more against the kages, my guest is that he won't do anything until sasuke arrives.
    Last edited by Silvers Rayleigh; January 27, 2013 at 09:54 PM.
    Minato is the male barbie .Barbie is popular for being pretty and Minato for being cool. Power wise compare to the top is just

  9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  10. #982
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,074
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How many times has Madara technically died now lol?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessie
    Well since these characters aren't real, and only exist in the mind of a 38 year old guy who then draws them with the help of some assistants, plot sort of dictates everything they do. Plot doesn't work for or against Madara.

    And everything that happens to Madara, and the Alliance, is exactly as the author intended.
    Well, yeah, this is true. But anytime you see posters complain about something called "plot no jutsu" or "plotkai", it's basically us explaining annoyance at a character surviving a seemingly insurmountable situation just because of Kishimoto's divine intervention. Almost as if his story got away from him and he had to bring something out of left field to get things back on track.

    I was replying with this mentality in mind. Some people would claim that he isn't as dangerous as he's made out to be because his immortality is what's preventing him from losing. As if he couldn't have simply gone all-out from the get go and whiped out the characters he was actually facing. In my opinion, the characters he's facing are the ones that have been allowed a free pass from Kishimoto, as a Madara who wants you dead is far more scary than a Madara that can't die.

  11. #983
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    70
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How many times has Madara technically died now lol?

    Madara died when he severed his link to the Gedo Statue after teaching his techniques to Obito.

  12. #984
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,200
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The 3rd Hokage is PROBABLY stronger than Madara

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    Then Sasuke is > the Kages and sannins, since he has the statements attesting to it too.
    There is no such thing.

    Quote Quote:
    The series does revolve around that. Without it, there would be no Bijuus, no Akatsuki, no Uchiha/Senju rivalry, no ninjutsu at all. Every single current event started due to Madara's actions of attaining the Rinnegan. And I gave you said statement of that very thing, here.

    ...Why would they go after a weaken Nagato and have to deal with huge chakra cost instead of grabbing a stronger Uchiha and not having any chakra cost?
    That and having the whole series revolving around the RS are two entirely different things. And he said he wanted to learn his secret, that's it. The Rinnegan is not his secret. Unless you have a page or a source saying they sought the Rinnegan, then it's an assumption, and with that I win.

    They could just take his eyes.

    Quote Quote:
    Since that word was never used in the series, databook, or anime, then clearly there was only a single source you could have gotten it from.
    I misunderstood. I thought you meant the first source of all my informations is the Wiki. But if it's only about that term, then yes, I did take it from the Wiki.

    Quote Quote:
    How does it not prove anything when we got direct prove that it's wrong/been reconned? It was said to be nothing but chakra, which was why the chakra being visible was so impressive, and Amateruas's databook entry outright states it burns as hot as the sun. And as mentioned, chakra flow is not an individual technique. Naruto, Sasuke, Kirabi, Itachi, and Kakashi all showed this. And you need better reading comprehension...
    They weren't proven as mistakes, and even if they were, are we to make everything in the Databook, a lie ? It was not said that it's nothing but Chakra, and nothing about it being visible is an impressive feat. I didn't argue that it does not burn as hot as the sun, simply said it takes too long to burn. When did I say chakra flow is an individual skill ?

    I think you need it much more than me...

    And why did you bring me what was said about Kimimaro ? Are you hoping to win by giving me an answer that has nothing to do with the question ? And once again, nothing about ASUMA'S use of weapon was stated. Or if using a weapon is Taijutsu for that matter. I don't even understand why I bother, when Taijutsu itself means "Body technique" and when it's in real life Ninja means, empty handed combat style.

    Quote Quote:
    Yamato never mention there being six release, in fact he was the one who made it clear that Yin-Yang was not included with the others. Bloodline limits are based upon a combination of the basic five, which is the point.
    But they are still chakra elements, even if they are a combination of others. And if Yin and Yang is not a chakra element, then what is it exactly ? We have the second Mizukage clearly saying he is a Yin element user, so it's an element, be them together or not.

    Quote Quote:
    Don't see the prove? Then you're purposely ignoring the proof I gave you. The one statement about Orochimaru was clearly shown false, and there's no a single statement saying the Kyuubi wasn't back to 100%. In fact, I gave you a statement informing us that the Kyuubi had it's full power back. The fact that you're trying to claim to be right while openly ignoring the very evidence you asked for says plenty.
    Now I'm sure you have no idea what's the difference between Proofs and opinions. And again, it simply says how desperate you're. There is a actually several statements about that, you're just ignoring them. And again, you're lying. You never gave a statement of him regenerating his power.

    Quote Quote:
    Yeah you did, you're whole argument about Sarutobi supposedly being stronger was built upon that.
    Ah...no. I didn't. And it was not built upon that. You need to check back before spouting nonsense.

    Quote Quote:
    And that has no barring upon the unsealed half. Not a single statement anywhere in the series suggesting the Kyuubi didn't regenerate it back.
    Okay, I win. You don't have a proof to back up your claim. I do.

    Quote Quote:
    If it's of even size and was cut in half, then logically it would be smaller then the others Bijuus. No, the Toads said that opening the seal would allow Naruto to tap into the Kyuubi's full power, possibly allowing the Kyuubi to be reborn. Nothing about "what would come out" as you;re attempting to claim. Heck, we outright saw that the seal didn't have to be open for the Kyuubi to flood Naruto with it's chakra, as shown during Pain's invasion.
    It's not of even size. Tap or not, doesn't change what the toad says. Nothing about what comes out ? Do you know what "leak" mean ? If you do, then you're more desperate than I thought.

    Quote Quote:
    To summon the complete Juubi, they need the full Hachibi and Kyuubi. The current Juubi isn't complete... My answer isn't random. He outright mentions sealing the complete Kyuubi isn't possible.
    Yes, but he's out. Sure not complete, but the fact that he's out without the QB and Hachibi just destroys your point. And your answer is beyond random, he said he can't seal the Kyuubi completely, what does that have to do with the original question ? Why would he kill himself to seal something that would regenerate in a while ?

    Quote Quote:
    Life force is the only other source on can draw upon to fuel techniques. And Itachi didn't die from using Susanoo, he died from running out of chakra.
    Yes, but if Susanoo draws upon life force, he should have suffered the same thing. And we don't know what they need to draw upon their life force in order to fuel an attack.

    Quote Quote:
    I'm not the one who made it a fact, Kishi did by greatly expanding upon what they were truly capable of.
    Not being at their best and not showing everything are two different things, Mr."You need better reading comprehension".
    Last edited by KingOfNight; January 28, 2013 at 07:45 AM.

  13. #985
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,516
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The 3rd Hokage is PROBABLY stronger than Madara

    Am I the only one who noticed there is no word of Hiruzen in the thread anymore?

    To clarify a few things..

    *Are Kekkei Genkai also considered chakra natures?
    No. Yamato states that there is no such thing as a wood element. They are not considered chakra natures by definition.

    *Why didn't Orochimaru go after Nagato/Pain who already had the Rinnegan?
    It's simple. He can't defeat a Rinnegan user on his own. By taking over a Sharingan user, he can develop his own Rinnegan. The reason why he bothered to go after Itachi/Sasuke was because they were kids who he assumed he could defeat with relative ease. If he knew Nagato possessed the Rinnegan as a kid, he would go after him.

    *Does the Susano'o use life force instead of chakra?
    This isn't clarified well, but I'd say no. That databook reference is probably stating the huge amount of chakra you need to keep Susano'o up. Nagato is a different case. He channeled his own force to the King of Hell to revive other people's life force. It's not a regular technique. It resides beyond the realm of life and death.

    *Are "not being at best" and "not showing everything they have" different?
    Slightly, since the former denotes an incapability. Though, even if they were are at their best and they weren't using their skills they would normally do, it also means they were incapable of fighting as Shinobi they were once back in their lifetime. Then, it matters little, since both the former Hokage didn't utilize their abilities. As an instance, the Shodaime not using Mokuton clones is something similar to Naruto not using Kage Bunshin.
    Last edited by Hakuteiken; January 28, 2013 at 08:07 AM.

  14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  15. #986
    Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    909
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How many times has Madara technically died now lol?

    Let's forget the obvious...this thread is to find how many times this guy's been killed. Please provide the manga image with your post.

    Feel free to rant about Madara too if you want lol

  16. #987
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    70
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How many times has Madara technically died now lol?

    Quote Originally Posted by narutotheory View Post
    Let's forget the obvious...this thread is to find how many times this guy's been killed. Please provide the manga image with your post.

    Feel free to rant about Madara too if you want lol
    I count:

    1. His own meteor technique (obviously intentional, as stated by Madara himself).
    2. The Five Kages' combined attack (he didn't have time to absorb, was forced to use Complete Susano'o).
    3. Possibly Guy's afternoon Tiger, had Madara been alive.
    4. Rock Lee's kick.

    Nearly all of these could have been avoided by any of Madara's jutsu, but the plot doesn't allow him to use any of them more than once. I can understand how there been be a limited number of viable asteroids near Earth, but there's no reason why someone should have no problem spamming Susano'o for 20 chapters and still have a problem revealing the complete Susano'o more than once.

  17. #988
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Poke-france.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,810
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The 3rd Hokage is PROBABLY stronger than Madara

    Spoiler: KingOfNight;3272361 show


    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    *Does the Susano'o use life force instead of chakra?
    This isn't clarified well, but I'd say no. That databook reference is probably stating the huge amount of chakra you need to keep Susano'o up. Nagato is a different case. He channeled his own force to the King of Hell to revive other people's life force. It's not a regular technique. It resides beyond the realm of life and death.
    Don't forget Sasuke also mentioned how using Susanoo caused pain in the cells of his body, something that doesn't happen just from using chakra.

  18. #989
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,516
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The 3rd Hokage is PROBABLY stronger than Madara

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    Don't forget Sasuke also mentioned how using Susanoo caused pain in the cells of his body, something that doesn't happen just from using chakra.
    As I said, I'm not sure about either scenario being true. Life force usage will potentially mean shortening of the user's lifespan. I don't remember it clearly, to be honest. Was anything regarding this stated about MS techniques or Susano'o in special?

  19. #990
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Poke-france.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,810
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The 3rd Hokage is PROBABLY stronger than Madara

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    As I said, I'm not sure about either scenario being true. Life force usage will potentially mean shortening of the user's lifespan. I don't remember it clearly, to be honest. Was anything regarding this stated about MS techniques or Susano'o in special?
    About shortening their lifespan, no. But so far, situations involving cells have normally affected the user's lifespan too. Naruto and Tsunade have been affected by said situations too.

New Reply
Page 66 of 84 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts