Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Ki types of manga characters

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ki types of manga characters

Well, the manga has recently given a lot of focus as to the ki types of several characters. The manga has shown it is actually possible to learn how to use both ki types however it does seem as in general characters will lean towards either one. The point of this thread is to speculate what type of ki each manga character will have and why a particular type of ki would suit him or her.

This is my take on a few disciples:

Freya: Sei
    Kisara: Obvious dou
    Thor: No clue, could go either way.
    Seigfried: Obvious Sei
    Chikage: Sei would make the most sense with her style although I don't think her style is necessarily limited to sei
    Renka: dou
    Rachel: Dou
    Natsu: He strikes me as a sei
    Shiratori: No clue
    Kano: I lean towards him being a dou user although perhaps the apparent calmness he had which made him good at seidogyo suggests he was a sei user mainly. No clue.
    koukin: Dou

Any thoughts?

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ryuzaki L's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ki types of manga characters

Thor: would be Sei
    Hermit: Dou
    Kanou: probably Sei
    Berserker: he can use a Seikuken, but ii think he's a Dou (Ogata trains his pupils to use both Ki)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Kano: I lean towards him being a dou user although perhaps the apparent calmness he had which made him good at seidogyo suggests he was a sei user mainly. No clue.
    Hmmm...I know the Wiki isn't always right but, it's stated in their page that Kano awakened both his Sei and Dou ki.

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

I also think that Koukin is a Sei type. He doesn't come across as a Dou at all. Lastly, I see Natsu as a Dou type due to his aggressive Nature.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, as a seidougyo user kano could indeed use both types of ki and so could ryuto. That is besides the point though, the thread is meant to discuss the ki type characters would have an affinity towards to so to speak. Take rimi too, she mained in dou so to speak but she was also able to use sei although she was not quite actually good at it.

Perhaps sei does fit koukin a tad more, he did spend a decent amount of time and plot points through the manga reading people.

Berserker is a confirmed dou user if I recall, his berserker mode is actually dou ki going rampant if I recall.

I can't imagine hermit as a dou user to be honest. He seems to be more of a calmed fighter for the most part. While sei and dou are not necessarily limited to defense or offense respectively I do think the core personalities of each fighter can show an inclination so to speak. Hermit has not quite actually shown to be the type to just release his emotions and anger in battle. He seems to even fight better when calmed down as seen against that former yomi.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The way Renka was able to guide Kenichi through the Apachai vs Assassin fight makes me think she's a sei user. Also, Koukin always fights with calm/clear head while analyzing opponents, so I'm going to assume he's a sei user too. Furthermore, we've never seen Koukin fight with anger before except for the time his master fell.

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

I think Natsu might be a Dou user, but I need to look at some of his past fights before I pass final judgement.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

New Reply