Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: About Black Beard's Devil Fruit

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Darek Khort's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: About Black Beard's Devil Fruit

I have a theory on this.
    Blackbeard is in fact 3 people.

Hear me out.

I was thinking about that Jacket man in the Coliseum and how he is 'worn' by his more buff brother. What if his brother had a DF? Then effectively they would be a 'single person' with 2 DF abilities. Same with Capone Bege. He can house his mafia inside him. What happens if those mafia inside him have DF abilities themselves? If he doesn't die, then, effectively, wouldn't that mean that in a 'single person' there are multiple DFs?

So what else could provide for this kind of 'loophole' in the 'DF 2x = die' rule? And what about Blackbeard with 2 abilities? That's when it hit me. What if Blackbeard has the Matryoshka-Matryoshka devil fruit?

I.e. Matryoshka dolls.
    Blackbeard could be the 'outer' doll. He probably has 2+ people inside of him. I say 2+ because he is still hunting DFs.

The reason why during the Whitebeard-death scene his crew covered him in a huge black curtain is because he doesn't want people to find out his actual ability and he needed to get one of the dolls inside him to eat the fruit. Either those inside him are 'willing participants' or 'unwilling'. If willing, the fact he can wield the darkness-darkness and gura-gura no mi is because those inside him are wielding it.
    If unwilling, it can be explained by his ability allowing him to wield the abilities of those inside him because they are 'part of him'. Perhaps devil fruits are a matter of "if it's inside you, you wield it". (i.e., perhaps explains how inanimate objects can eat devil fruits like that dog-dog gun...simply because it is 'inside' them. Blackbeard doesn't die because he passes the 1 person, 1 DF rule).

He may have a limit to how many dolls he can have inside him, and perhaps there's a weakness - like perhaps he shares consciousness with the other dolls and he has to constantly fight to be the dominant personality. This might also explain why the Darkness-darkness devil fruit isn't a logia. Perhaps it is supposed to be, but he can't envelope himself in the ability because it would cancel his own ability which is why he is forced to allow himself to get hit physically.

Anyways, that's just my theory. If not something like Matryoshka-Matryoshka ability, then something similar that allows multiple living beings to be in the place of one person.
    Last edited by Darek Khort; August 09, 2013 at 07:17 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackbeard is a very special person in OP. He has the name of D but he is not one of them.
    He has a very strange body also.
    I don't think he is two or more people. It's crazy. And when Luffy tell it's them, he's talking about Champion Guys and the man of the apple.
    I do more think that his fruit is special. First it can "pull" the real body of a DF user, and nullify DF's attacks.
    BB searched it for a long time, because he knows it's very special. Why? Because it's the only DF that can allow you to pull the DF out of the body of its user (after his death, apparently) and that ALSO allow you to get other DF.

BB had a plan that lasted a long time. He was patient and all, but that's not for nothing. He says "it's my area" because he know he has advantage now.
    I think against him, Luffy will take the greatest amoung of damage of all the story.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest my impression of how he got 2 DF is that it has to do with his yami ability. His ability is to suck things in basically, he is gravity. This very gravity is what prevents him from being intangible. Now, when you eat a second DF the scenario is that you explode for whatever reason. But if his yami fruit forces his body to stay together then how could he explode? He couldn't at large, his very ability would prevent it. So the scenario is that BB could eat as many DFs as his yami fruit would be able to resist.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

@kkck it totally make sence. If it's a matter of DF who fight each other, it could fit too since the yami yami no mi could keep them spareted.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member David Rose's Avatar
    Too far from sea to swim. Still inconsistent weather
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well if he can't explode, he can still implode. Even if parts of him can't fly away, due to the strong gravity he would simply collapse. :P

>>David rose to beat the Philistines, with five smooth stones and a sling.<<

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

^ The main reason BB hasn't collapsed yet is bc he hasn't reach the limit of "critical point", besides singularity also has the form/shape of a ring instead of a point. Anyway, BB's df is the 3rd or 4th most powerful I'm able to think of, Luff's df isn't far from behind if he knows how to use it properly, I mean his df can also go into the hax mode if he learns to extend it in a certain way.

I realized that I am merely a conscience programmed into a game.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2