Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 106

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 130 Discussion/131 Predictions

  1. #91
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    697
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 130 Discussion/131 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    We at least got a clear evidence that Apple made Koon's team get into a trap. She's either with FUG or working for them.
    Or she saw the photo and hired someone to kill Koon while Ran/Novic were distracted with Cassano. (given that Koon said he was going to catch him, the chance of it being resolved peacefully and thus there not being a situation in which he could be killed while everyone was distracted is almost zero)

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Of course, I won't say it's impossible that she's with FUG but it seems like an awfull lot of trouble to go through to do things Ha Jinseng or Hwaryun could do themselves.
    It was a bad plan whoever it was meant to catch, but it is infinitely shittier if it was meant for Koon.

    A friend of Viole's teammate is the ONLY way you can set up an ambush for Koon?
    How exactly are they to know and stop Viole/Horyang/team Tangsooyook from getting involved?
    Xia Xia sends Horyang directly to the scene to cause issues then leads Viole there?
    Last edited by Reclaimer; February 07, 2013 at 09:25 PM.

  2. #92
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,100
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 130 Discussion/131 Predictions

    I agree some details are lacking here. Faceless man (Karaka most likely) is enough of a connection for me. I won't say that the plan is ridiculous until I find out what was the real goal and if there were some other things we don't know about that were a factor.

    Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!


    (thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

  3. #93
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    Winterfell
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    988
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 130 Discussion/131 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Or she saw the photo and hired someone to kill Koon while Ran/Novic were distracted with Cassano. (given that Koon said he was going to catch him, the chance of it being resolved peacefully and thus there not being a situation in which he could be killed while everyone was distracted is almost zero)


    It was a bad plan whoever it was meant to catch, but it is infinitely shittier if it was meant for Koon.

    A friend of Viole's teammate is the ONLY way you can set up an ambush for Koon?
    How exactly are they to know and stop Viole/Horyang/team Tangsooyook from getting involved?
    Xia Xia sends Horyang directly to the scene to cause issues then leads Viole there?
    That makes no sense, where would Xia fit into this then?

  4. #94
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    697
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 130 Discussion/131 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    That makes no sense, where would Xia fit into this then?
    Other than setting up a scenario to catch Horyang or Viole? (Horyang being the only one that makes any sense and there are severe problems with)

    Yeah, I forgot that the person who tried to kill Koon said that a girl with bunny ears hired him, but that doesn't really change much. If Apple hacked into Koon's lighthouse and was observing what he was seeing, she could have noticed the guy hiding underground and shut down the lighthouse to hopefully prevent Koon from seeing him and thus allowing him to be ambushed and killed. In that case it is more of a crime of opportunity than convoluted scheme, but either way, it was taking advantage of a situation rather than creating a situation.

    That makes infinitely more sense than Apple working with FUG. There are serious holes in the plan whoever it was intended to ensnare, but it being a plan to ensnare Koon is magnitudes worse than it being a plan to ensnare Horyang or Viole.
    Last edited by Reclaimer; February 08, 2013 at 03:33 PM.

  5. #95
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    Winterfell
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    988
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 130 Discussion/131 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Other than setting up a scenario to catch Horyang or Viole? (Horyang being the only one that makes any sense and there are severe problems with)

    Yeah, I forgot that the person who tried to kill Koon said that a girl with bunny ears hired him, but that doesn't really change much. If Apple hacked into Koon's lighthouse and was observing what he was seeing, she could have noticed the guy hiding underground and shut down the lighthouse to hopefully prevent Koon from seeing him and thus allowing him to be ambushed and killed. In that case it is more of a crime of opportunity than convoluted scheme, but either way, it was taking advantage of a situation rather than creating a situation.

    That makes infinitely more sense than Apple working with FUG. There are serious holes in the plan whoever it was intended to ensnare, but it being a plan to ensnare Koon is magnitudes worse than it being a plan to ensnare Horyang or Viole.
    Sorry but I'm getting confused, are you saying that Apple hired someone to take Koon out or not? If yes then that would mean that she must have hired Xia who hired the assassin and is working with Cassano, so she would have links to Cassano and didn't just stumble upon his photo. If you're saying that she didn't hire Xia/the assassin and is simply an opportunist then that doesn't make sense either, she would have had to find the picture and hoped that it was a trap since even with her interference she would have had no guarantee at all that Cassano on his own would take out Koon, Novick and Ran.

    I don't see what these serious holes are in the plan considering we don't even know what the true plan was, I'd say it's much more likely that the plan was to ensnare Viole but what the purpose of Koon being there was we don't know. But what does make sense is FUG sending someone to spy on Koon's team, YHS should know what Koon's character is like and I'd find it surprising if he didn't send someone to check up on him.

  6. #96
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,720
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 130 Discussion/131 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    How do you know that FUG has more members? Has that been mentioned anywhere? Walhaiksong has Urek and Baek Ryun, both of whom are ranked higher than Mirchea, they can probably quite easily take him out and with him gone, no one else is really a threat, Urek could probably wipe out the High rankers in FUG by himself
    It hasn't been mentioned, but you can definitely infer it. FUG doesn't seem to be hurting for members, whereas Hachuling didn't even have any direct underlings that he could pass the job of watching Baam off onto.

  7. #97
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    Winterfell
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    988
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 130 Discussion/131 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    It hasn't been mentioned, but you can definitely infer it. FUG doesn't seem to be hurting for members, whereas Hachuling didn't even have any direct underlings that he could pass the job of watching Baam off onto.
    That's not much evidence for it, it could just be that Hachuling didn't want any underlings, he doesn't seem like the type of person who'd be bothered to keep track of them. It could even mean that hachuling is one of the lower ranked members of the organisation, it doesn't make much sense for Urek to give the job of simple recon of a regular to one of his higher ranked members. Why is it that Walhaiksong is allowed to exist and retain such influence whilst FUG has to hide in the shadows? That could be an inference of Walhaiksong being a more powerful organisation than FUG. Even if their goal isn't to kill Zahard, one would expect Zahard to try to crush such an influential organisation spearheaded by a powerful irregular which could easily set its sights on him in the future.

  8. #98
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,720
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 130 Discussion/131 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    That's not much evidence for it, it could just be that Hachuling didn't want any underlings, he doesn't seem like the type of person who'd be bothered to keep track of them. It could even mean that hachuling is one of the lower ranked members of the organisation, it doesn't make much sense for Urek to give the job of simple recon of a regular to one of his higher ranked members. Why is it that Walhaiksong is allowed to exist and retain such influence whilst FUG has to hide in the shadows? That could be an inference of Walhaiksong being a more powerful organisation than FUG. Even if their goal isn't to kill Zahard, one would expect Zahard to try to crush such an influential organisation spearheaded by a powerful irregular which could easily set its sights on him in the future.
    I've argued that Walhaiksong is stronger than FUG overall because in ToG, your strongest members are what really count, but the FUG has more members. The FUG also seems a lot more willing to accept new members, even if they're not all directly approved, such as when Karaka just acquires members left and right.

    Well, Urek gave the job to Yuje, but Yuje ditched it off to Hachuling. I actually think that Hachuling's only a Ranker, not a High Ranker, because while we didn't get to see him fight Lero-ro, Lero-ro didn't seem immediately outclassed, although Hachuling could be a High Ranker because he might be great as a Scout/Lightbearer, even if he's not amazing at combat. Even if Hachuling's only a Ranker, he could still be a high ranking member of Walhaiksong.

    Well, Zahard's not active in the Tower, nor has Walhaiksong expressed a desire to fight/kill Zahard. Also, it wouldn't be so easy to crush Walhaiksong when they have Urek and Baekryun.

  9. #99
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    697
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 130 Discussion/131 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    If you're saying that she didn't hire Xia/the assassin and is simply an opportunist then that doesn't make sense either, she would have had to find the picture and hoped that it was a trap since even with her interference she would have had no guarantee at all that Cassano on his own would take out Koon, Novick and Ran.
    I am saying she was an opportunist rather than hired the assassin. Also, it was guaranteed that there was going to be a fight if Koon found Cassano. He said so himself.

    And Cassano doesn't have to defeat the 3 of them alone. Suppose:
    Cassano attacks Koon who tries to stop him by using his lighthouses to freeze him. Koon, however, finds out that his lighthouses have just been shut down so instead of freezing Cassano, nothing happens allowing Cassano to hit him and kill him.

    If no situation like that comes up, it isn't a huge loss because more opportunities to kill him will arise.

    Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    I don't see what these serious holes are in the plan considering we don't even know what the true plan was, I'd say it's much more likely that the plan was to ensnare Viole but what the purpose of Koon being there was we don't know.
    I don't need to know the plan to see massive holes in it.

    If the plan was to snag Horyang or Viole, how were they going to stop the entirety of team Tangsooyook from showing up? It would be impossible to predict that Horyang would leave the team and go alone, especially since Cassano hasn't seen Horyang for years and I doubt he really knows much about him as a person. (Yes, he knows he is more introverted, but basing the entirety of your plan on that is absurdly retarded)

    If the plan was to snag Koon, why send Horyang/Viole to him? Why use a tool that is almost certain to garner interest from Team Tangooyook.

    Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    But what does make sense is FUG sending someone to spy on Koon's team, YHS should know what Koon's character is like and I'd find it surprising if he didn't send someone to check up on him.
    If FUG has a spy in Koon's team, I'd put Rachel as a much more likely candidate than Apple, even considering the apparent betrayal.

    Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    That's not much evidence for it
    And there is not much evidence against it.

    Reason, however, dictates that they do have a lot of members.
    1) The goal of overthrowing Zahard cannot be accomplished without serious numbers considering you'll have to contend with the 10 families.
    2) Since there are quite a lot of reasons for people to have severe problems with how the tower operates, I doubt they have too hard of a time finding people to join.

  10. #100
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,720
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 130 Discussion/131 Predictions

    The Company got their scan of the chapter up. http://www.batoto.net/read/_/155812/...by_the-company

  11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  12. #101
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    Winterfell
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    988
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 130 Discussion/131 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    I am saying she was an opportunist rather than hired the assassin. Also, it was guaranteed that there was going to be a fight if Koon found Cassano. He said so himself.

    And Cassano doesn't have to defeat the 3 of them alone. Suppose:
    Cassano attacks Koon who tries to stop him by using his lighthouses to freeze him. Koon, however, finds out that his lighthouses have just been shut down so instead of freezing Cassano, nothing happens allowing Cassano to hit him and kill him.

    If no situation like that comes up, it isn't a huge loss because more opportunities to kill him will arise.
    Well yes it is a huge loss because then Koon would have been suspicious as to why he couldn't use his lighthouse, and if Apple got to know Koon at all since the time she joined the team then she'd know that he's very cunning and would eventually find out. The scenario of Cassano being able to do that is much less likely than the scenario of him being destroyed by Novick and Ran, especially when you consider the possibility of Koon just leaving the battle to Ran and Novick which would fit with his character.

    Most importantly of all though, how do you explain this line from Xia: "we planted a spy on your team, and eventually succeeded in luring you to this place." Whatever way you look at it, Apple has links to Xia.


    I don't need to know the plan to see massive holes in it.

    If the plan was to snag Horyang or Viole, how were they going to stop the entirety of team Tangsooyook from showing up? It would be impossible to predict that Horyang would leave the team and go alone, especially since Cassano hasn't seen Horyang for years and I doubt he really knows much about him as a person. (Yes, he knows he is more introverted, but basing the entirety of your plan on that is absurdly retarded)

    If the plan was to snag Koon, why send Horyang/Viole to him? Why use a tool that is almost certain to garner interest from Team Tangooyook.
    Who cares if Team Tangooyook came? The end result would have been the same, Cassano could have still had an opportunity to injure Horyang and Viole would have been forced to leave the team. Viole could have taken out Xia and Cassano without his team anyway

    If FUG has a spy in Koon's team, I'd put Rachel as a much more likely candidate than Apple, even considering the apparent betrayal.
    That's assuming that there's only 1 spy

    And there is not much evidence against it.

    Reason, however, dictates that they do have a lot of members.
    1) The goal of overthrowing Zahard cannot be accomplished without serious numbers considering you'll have to contend with the 10 families.
    2) Since there are quite a lot of reasons for people to have severe problems with how the tower operates, I doubt they have too hard of a time finding people to join.

    1) Battle power does not equal the number of members you have, considering what we saw with Urek, once you get to the top tier it's irrelevant how many rankers you have under you
    2) Yes there are a lot of people who are dissatisfied with the tower, but that does not mean that they're willing to risk their lives and go against the establishment, if it was as simple as that then dictatorships would cease to exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    I've argued that Walhaiksong is stronger than FUG overall because in ToG, your strongest members are what really count, but the FUG has more members. The FUG also seems a lot more willing to accept new members, even if they're not all directly approved, such as when Karaka just acquires members left and right.

    Well, Urek gave the job to Yuje, but Yuje ditched it off to Hachuling. I actually think that Hachuling's only a Ranker, not a High Ranker, because while we didn't get to see him fight Lero-ro, Lero-ro didn't seem immediately outclassed, although Hachuling could be a High Ranker because he might be great as a Scout/Lightbearer, even if he's not amazing at combat. Even if Hachuling's only a Ranker, he could still be a high ranking member of Walhaiksong.

    Well, Zahard's not active in the Tower, nor has Walhaiksong expressed a desire to fight/kill Zahard. Also, it wouldn't be so easy to crush Walhaiksong when they have Urek and Baekryun.
    Hachuling barely knew lero-ro and quant, yet he offered to make them members should they help him with his task. Karaka gained members because it was just part of his plan, that doesn't suggest anything about FUG's recruiting process in general.

    When it comes to protecting Viole and co, Walhaiksong would just have to take out the higher ranked members of FUG then place a High Ranker to protect them because as we've seen, the number of weaker members you have doesn't mean much when you get to the top tier. As you said that they're a more powerful organisation so they should be capable of that.

    Walhaiksong hasn't expressed a desire but that doesn't mean that they never will. Baam never expressed a desire to kill Zahard but that didn't stop him being targeted.
    Last edited by abc1233; February 09, 2013 at 11:51 AM.

  13. #102
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Slovakia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,454
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 130 Discussion/131 Predictions

    There's no way FUG could crush Walhaiksong, especially if Urek went for the kill. We saw that he's not the type of guy to hold back. Mircea? Plz, Urek would use his irregular badassery to wipe the floor with him (not easily, but he'd win alone in the end). Plus, if FUG went after Walhaiksong, then Zahard's army would ally with Walhaiksong...
    Erfworld

    Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

  14. #103
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    697
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 130 Discussion/131 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    Well yes it is a huge loss because then Koon would have been suspicious as to why he couldn't use his lighthouse, and if Apple got to know Koon at all since the time she joined the team then she'd know that he's very cunning and would eventually find out.
    Seeing as she wouldn't be knocking out a lighthouse unless a situation with an extremely high likelihood of Koon getting killed arises, I'm not sure what your point is. Sure, there is a chance that it would fail like the attack that actually took place in the series did, but there is absolutely no way to kill someone without taking ANY chances. And unless she knows the extent of his skills, there is no way she could know he could trace her. (Anyone hacking a lighthouse has to be skilled and would assume they could cover their tracks)

    Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    The scenario of Cassano being able to do that is much less likely than the scenario of him being destroyed by Novick and Ran, especially when you consider the possibility of Koon just leaving the battle to Ran and Novick which would fit with his character.
    Well, if it never happens, then there is no loss. As I said, there will always be more opportunities and I don't think there is an immediate need to kill Koon, especially since her working for Rachel or Rachel being the one doing it makes a lot more sense to me than her being connected to FUG.

    Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    Most importantly of all though, how do you explain this line from Xia: "we planted a spy on your team, and eventually succeeded in luring you to this place." Whatever way you look at it, Apple has links to Xia.
    What is Xia Xia doing that entire conversation? Bullshitting.

    Why would I assume that she is telling the truth there when everything else she is saying is a lie and the whole claim that this was a trap for Koon is absurd? (She's also so batshit crazy she makes Rachel look normal. Though I think Rachel is a lot less crazy than people think.) It is also really easy to claim that you have a spy in someone's organization when you don't. (If they have a spy in Viole's group, you'd be just basing your claim on what you already did elsewhere)

  15. #104
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Chile
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    879
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 130 Discussion/131 Predictions

    If Baam talks to Koon while the red box has the voice mode on, it means it his red box, isn't it?

  16. #105
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    697
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 130 Discussion/131 Predictions

    Not necessarily. If Xia knows about Baam and Koon's relationship (the 2 friends comment makes it sound like she does), she could want to keep Baam's identity hidden.

New Reply
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts