Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Will Luffy face Big Mam?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Will Luffy face Big Mam?

SO u All remember when Luffy talked threw the snail phone and pissed her off so will he have to face her and also im still confused on when Luffy said fisherman island is now under his control and how she didn't protect it from Hody and how Neptune said he wants to use The Straw Hats flag to protect the island instead of big mam also do u think he would accedently land on that candy island and face her.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ankit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will Luffy face Big Mam?

It's more than likely. The question is when.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes... why wouldn't he? Big Mom threatens Fishman Island, and Luffy wants to liberate and protect it, so he has to eventually fight Big Mom. I don't think we'll see someone else defeat Big Mom, otherwise Luffy challenging Big Mom would be pointless.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

If they don't even meet, him challenging her on FI would have been meaningless. It was a set up for some kind of encounter later.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it might possible that Luffy and Big Mam face sooner than we expect. Law doesn't know that Luffy already challenged her, and he also does not know that Luffy accidently send her a bomb. On top of that, Pekoms and Tamago have seen Law being allied with Luffy. Once the bomb explodes in Big Mam's face, Laws initial plan has to change, because I doubt he wants to take on two Yonkou at the same time.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Luffy VS BigMam will happen soon. IMHO Laws plan was to take from a yonkou is advantage (Smile) and hand it over to another. Originally, I thought it was BigMam who was using them, but it works as well with Kaido. Kaido will be very upset with DoFlamingo for failling to protect the production of Smiles, and probably would have taken is anger on him if CC had been killed. However, it's much more worrying for Kaido, that the smile be handed over to another Yonkou, he will probably feels that he has no choice but face that yonkou before he/she is able to raise the overall strenght of his/her crew. And so, two yonkou are about to clashe over control of Smile production. It will probably leads to the fall of one and the weakening of the other, making the remaining one an interesting target to all the pirates crew in New World who constantly fight the yonlou. To add to the mess the other two Yonkou aren't likely to stood by and watch, they will probably start moving themselves, and as a result the whole New World will be set in chaos. Just like Law wants.

After the struggle I imagine between Kaido and BigMam, Luffy's crew will come across BigMam and their fight will take place.
    My One Piece Predictions

Spoiler show

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Course it will happen , especially since he sent that box with a freaking bomb in it I would love to see that moment

Besides Luffy is always keeping his word so when he said he'll kick her ass that is for certain already

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

We never know that by the time luffy faces Big Mam, how big name he might make for himself... and seeing his determination and reputation that time Big Mam would not want to fight him directly and go for some diplomatic path... Or will congrats him on the defeat of Kaidou and says "Thanks for taking him out... I was looking forward to see u mugiwara" ... Or also there is a possibility that when luffy meets Big Mam, he ends up helping her rather than fight against her for the injustice he heard (has happened before... Hancock)

EDIT : forgot to answer the thread... Yes!! I do think that the meeting is bound to happen

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

My only question is if Luffy will fight first Kaidou or Big Mom.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably yes, but I hope not. Defeating Kaido and Mam seems so unnecessary. Taking down one is great, becoming a Yonkou himself would be even better. In Paradise he was a rookie, challenging veteran Pirates. Making him a power in the New World would be great, it would add a lot to the story and the character. Defeating both would do nothing. It wouldn't put him any closer to becoming Pirate King. He'll have to defeat Blackbeard too, at some point, probably before he can become Pirate King. Defeating three Yonkou seems so unnecessary.

I'd rather Kid defeat and replace Mam, possibly with the help of Luffy. Kid could then become the Whitebeard to Luffy's Roger; a friendly rival he can both fight, and share sake with. That's what I hope will happen, at least.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

After what Luffy said to her back at FI, I guess that their clash is inevitable, but I don't think that it will happen soon.
    Perhaps after Kaido will have been taken care of, Luffy will fight her.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member modoki's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

When Nami pulls the vivre card out, that's where the battle will end.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner 31TeV's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting question. The obvious answer would be yes. As Razh says, there has been a setup for a fight, and I would feel kind of trolled if Luffy and co. didn't fight Big Mom and her crew at some point.

On the other hand, Kid, Apoo and Hawkins are forming an alliance, and it's been hinted at that their target is Big Mom:
    1. Kid destroyed some ships belonging to Big Mom's subordinates.
    2. When Law made his speech after cutting Vergo, Big Mom was shown along with the aforementioned Supernovas.
    3. If Luffy and Law are going after a yonko, wouldn't it be strange/disappointing if Kid, Apoo and Hawkins aren't going after a yonko or an equally impressive target as well? (this doesn't hint at their target specifically being Big Mom, though)
    So it's possible that Kid, Apoo and Hawkins will be the ones to defeat Big Mom, not Luffy and Law. And wouldn't it be a massive disappointment if, after all this hype, they didn't take down or at the very least severely weaken her? And if that's the case it makes a clash between Luffy and Big Mom less likely.

Kaiten also makes a good point. Luffy deafeating yonko after yonko has a danger of becoming repetitive and predictable. This might be less of a problem if, for example, Luffy defeats Kaido with Law's help and then later beats Big Mom on his own. As for Blackbeard, well, he might be in a whole different league from the other two because of his two devil fruits. And let's not forget that there's plenty of other potentially just as dangerous enemies too, like the Marines and other Supernovas.

So, in answer to the question, I reckon there is a good chance of either happening; Luffy might or might not fight Big Mom.
    Last edited by 31TeV; February 04, 2013 at 03:02 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RichardMNixon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Kid could then become the Whitebeard to Luffy's Roger; a friendly rival he can both fight, and share sake with. That's what I hope will happen, at least.
    I could see that for Law. I can't see Luffy becoming friends with this fellow though.
    Spoiler show
    The Grain Pirates. Scourge of Spelt, Corsairs of Corn, Rogues of Rye, Buccaneers of Barley, the Freebooters of the Farmland.
    What reason is there to stop a man from sailing?

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

Will Luffy face Big Mam?

-Yes, he will help Eustass Kidd's Alliance

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast