Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: How would you rate this week Magi's chapter?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awful

0 0%
  • Boring

0 0%
  • Good

8 61.54%
  • Excellent

5 38.46%
  • Top 10 in Magi

0 0%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Magi 172 Discussion/173 Predictions

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Magi 172 Discussion/173 Predictions

This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Magi.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi 172 spoiler Thread

Chapter 172 translation is out by aegon-rokudo : http://mangahelpers.com/t/aegon-rokudo/releases/36912

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

...Original state?
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

^Maybe, because he/his body can't take magoi from the rukhs just like before. This must happened because his body became accustomed for not using the rukh's magoi from his surroundings, and relied on the magoi of his own body...

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Not exactly the crazy awesome unveiling I thought it'd be...but oh well.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Really liked the teamwork displayed by the magicians and now I can't to wait to see Aladdin kick some asses, considering that he's returning to his original state.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, such a bother with Aladdin and his body get in form to a great scale of Rukh. Although in the next chapter it will show his nature, suppose then it's going to have a meeting with Scherezade xD.

The scenes with water and electricity were superb, it really catch me even though i already mentioned.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

It a was good chapter, I kinda like that Aladdin is not the one to curbstomp the Fanalis and have instead some help for other magicians. Even so, the ones who reached the land are safe and those will be problematic, mostly Mu and his households.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    It a was good chapter, I kinda like that Aladdin is not the one to curbstomp the Fanalis and have instead some help for other magicians. Even so, the ones who reached the land are safe and those will be problematic, mostly Mu and his households.
    completely agree. Even though I want to see Alladin's growth i didnt want it to be an easy mode for alladin either. Like he has to work to achieve victory. Gotta say these Fanalis are quite sugoi,magicians are having a rather hard time.Next chapter should be epic imo

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been wondering and bitching the whole time why they never bothered to use the terrain to their advantage using magic see how much more effective it is at actually repelling the attack they could've done more had they initiated the siege at sea. I'm with Zat not the unveiling I expected but oh well looks like that unveiling should hopefully be revealed next chapter. And I'm glad Aladdin pointed out what I've been griping about with Scherry, well Mogamett too but we already knew the root cause of that was his racism, in that she is one arrogant lil lady who really has overstepped her boundary as a Magi.

End of the day though the problem will be what will happen to the Magnostadt because after this battle their profile will definitely be increased so Reim and Kou will either want the country on their side or destroy it entirely it'd have to ally itself somehow if it wants to survive - which is the real interest for me that I've been talking about. Wonder what is the off chance of it deciding to ally itself with the island nations of Sinbad, technically they'd be the furthest away from Magnostadt and wouldn't have to be in the same proximity of influence that they would be with Kou or Reim plus Sinbad is a man whose magoi is something even Mogamett had to take notice of.
    Last edited by Hamy; February 03, 2013 at 06:15 PM.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree. I really enjoyed seeing Professor Myers and team work together to attack the Fanalis in an innovative manner. Although I don't agree with Mogamett's ideals, I do have to commend the strong sense of camaraderie between Aladdin and fellow magicians. And Aladdin brings up a very good point about Sherry.

I can't wait to see what Mu's equip looks like, and I'm still wondering when Alibaba's going to show up.
    Last edited by kindredxiuxiu; February 03, 2013 at 06:07 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Great Chapter even though I know the Fanalis will have a hard time against Alladin I don't expect the teamwork with Myers and even if Alladin will regenerate his powers next chapter it will not be one sided in favor for the magicians and I expect Alibaba to have a grand entrance to make a talk no jutsu ^^ after Alladin regenerate his powers

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zoro #1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi 172 Discussion/173 Predictions

Maybe its just me but I don't like the fact that Alladin is helping one side. I guess the author wants to drag the war till the Kou empire arrives. As for the Fanalis they still haven't used their metal vessels so we should count them out.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi 172 Discussion/173 Predictions

Ahhh... why do I felt like this chapter was too short?
    Anyway, it's still a great one even though Aladdin wasn't able to use fully his true powers. I really love Myers here as much as I love lightning magic (I'm afraid of lightning, but I always wanted to have a power like that).

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast