Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 587 by BadKarma , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29

Thread: Minato, Jiraya, and Naruto: That Jutsu.

  1. #1
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Minato, Jiraya, and Naruto: That Jutsu.

    This is pure speculation, and I am not going to impose a conclusion because I don't have any. However, I would like to know what the likelihood of my thought is.

    I hope everyone remember a discussion on some Jutsu Minato wanted Naruto to perfect with. Most people refer to it as "That Jutsu".

    To some people, it was FRS, but given that Minato gave Kyuubi to Naruto in order to perfect that Jutsu, FRS was rooted out of the list.
    In most discussion, one of the greatest candidate that usually countered all possibility was Kyuubi himself - that is that Jutsu was actually mastering control over Kyuubi's power.

    While I accept that Kyuubi's power great, I also have another hint I want to suggest.

    1. Minato thought Tobi was dangerous, and his premonitions led him into sealing Kyuubi in his baby.

    2. During the battle, the only thing that intrigued Minato the most, and the only problem he had was defeating Tobi's S/T Jutsu.

    3. We also know that when Naruto fought Obito, Naruto's only problem was Obito's S/T jutsu.

    4. I am convince that no matter how powerful Naruto is, Naruto cannot beat Tobi if he cannot defeat the S/T Jutsu.

    From all these, I think the Jutsu Minato wanted Naruto to perfect was a space-time Jutsu. Minato said that Tobirama had one, and Tobi's was greater than theirs. Now, what would be a good basis for a S/T jutsu for Naruto?

    My guess is the FTG. Interestingly, it turns out Minato's FTG was feared as much as Sharingan is feared, if not more than the sharingan. I also think that unlike normal speeding up such as the one Naruto is using, FTG cannot be counter once it is lunch because it is an instant teleportation.

    So I would like to know if you guys also think that Minato knew the next level of FTG that he wanted Naruto to perfect. What would be that level?

  2. #2
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,805
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Minato, Jiraya, and Naruto: That Jutsu.

    That jutsu was likely the control of the Kyuubi via the seal that Naruto learned how to do. When he activated the seal, and trapped the Kyuubi Naruto took full control of it's power (granted with the Kyuubi able to take some of Naruto's chakra as well).

    IMO, we know it is this and nothing else for a few reasons:

    1) During the time skip, Naruto trained with Jiraiya most exclusively on one thing: His use of the Kyuubi chakra. So, logic would tell us that "That Jutsu" is related to Kyuubi chakra.

    2) Jiraiya knew of the workings of this jutsu well enough that he could help Naruto learn it. Jiraiya being a Seal Master himself would be ideal to help Naruto train how to use the seal on his stomach. Jiraiya had no knowledge of Space/Time techniques to our knowledge, so how exactly would help Naruto learn one?

    3) Jiraiya warned Naruto about using "that jutsu" (Kyuubi transformation) because it not only posed a threat to him, but to others. S/T jutsu doesn't pose this risk.

    4) Naruto has never mentioned, or shown he is capable of using an S/T jutsu. If anything, he would learn Hirashin, or advance that (if that is even possible) and yet he has shown no inclination to do so, or even being capable of doing so.

    5) "That Jutsu" hasn't been mentioned in years, and thus is no longer relevant. It lost steam around the time Naruto learned Sage Mode. A coincidence? No, because at the time Naruto had given up on using the Kyuubi's power and leanred Sage Mode thus "That jutsu" was no longer needed.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  3. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
  4. #3
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,596
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Minato, Jiraya, and Naruto: That Jutsu.

    That jutsu was mentioned after sage mode tho

    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v52/c489/14.html

    If it was just a seal then it would have said seal

    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v41/c370/10.html
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v41/c370/11.html

    We know Naruto is supose to complete a jutsu using the nine tails chakra
    And if it was just controlling the ninetails power he wouldnt have said, "He isnt even capable of controlling the nine tails power"
    With that said "that" jutsu is a jutsu that is partially complete and the frog was even wondering does naruto have a need for it in the first place. They thought that since naruto couldnt even control the nineatils power learning "that jutsu" is out of the question. So that jutsu is still likely to come back in play towards the end of the story


  5. #4
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member samsiufan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Behind you..that's my Kage Bunshin
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,685
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Minato, Jiraya, and Naruto: That Jutsu.

    I still have hopes that "that jutsu" has not been seen yet. I go by what Jiraiya said (http://www.mangapanda.com/93-375-10/...apter-370.html). The Kyuubi was left to Naruto as a "clear sign that Minato wanted Naruto to complete that jutsu".....

    The frog then says " has Naruto got a need for that in the first place?" ...He isn't even capable of controlling the the Nine-tail's chakra"...


    I read that as the Kyuubi's chakra is part of it but not all of it...i read that as the Kyuubi chakra is required to complete that jutsu...

    Also, how did Jiraiya know about what Minato wanted unless they had spoken about it before or unless Minato left something for Jiraiya before he died? I suppose that one can be answered easily...
    Focus on your circle of influence and not your circle of concern
    Jiraiya: Right, I need a title for the next book..Ah...Got it....
    THE TALE OF UZIMAKI NARUTO SASUKE
    About Pain: Yahiko provides the ideals and Nagato is the means

  6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  7. #5
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Minato, Jiraya, and Naruto: That Jutsu.

    As I said, this topic has been discussed a lot in many forums, and I personally avoid it, usually. The reason I brought the FTG is that FTG is a Jutsu that was the only technique that help Minato counter Tobi. Of course, Kakashi is around to fight Obito as for now. However, when speaking of something that Jiraya would warn Naruto of using, there are two possible candidate: (1) Sealing - Uzumakis were killed because of it, and (2) FTG because Naruto did not take his father's name due to its power.

    Imagine Naruto with all these chakra/stamina and a higher level of teleportation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    That jutsu was likely the control of the Kyuubi via the seal that Naruto learned how to do. When he activated the seal, and trapped the Kyuubi Naruto took full control of it's power (granted with the Kyuubi able to take some of Naruto's chakra as well).

    IMO, we know it is this and nothing else for a few reasons:

    1) During the time skip, Naruto trained with Jiraiya most exclusively on one thing: His use of the Kyuubi chakra. So, logic would tell us that "That Jutsu" is related to Kyuubi chakra.

    2) Jiraiya knew of the workings of this jutsu well enough that he could help Naruto learn it. Jiraiya being a Seal Master himself would be ideal to help Naruto train how to use the seal on his stomach. Jiraiya had no knowledge of Space/Time techniques to our knowledge, so how exactly would help Naruto learn one?

    3) Jiraiya warned Naruto about using "that jutsu" (Kyuubi transformation) because it not only posed a threat to him, but to others. S/T jutsu doesn't pose this risk.

    4) Naruto has never mentioned, or shown he is capable of using an S/T jutsu. If anything, he would learn Hirashin, or advance that (if that is even possible) and yet he has shown no inclination to do so, or even being capable of doing so.

    5) "That Jutsu" hasn't been mentioned in years, and thus is no longer relevant. It lost steam around the time Naruto learned Sage Mode. A coincidence? No, because at the time Naruto had given up on using the Kyuubi's power and leanred Sage Mode thus "That jutsu" was no longer needed.
    I think if Kishi reveals everything in block, there will be no excitement in reading the manga. A few month ago, in another forums, people refuted harshly my argument when I coined that Naruto's timeskip with Jiraya still has to reveal some secrets. Especially, I predicted that Jiraya has passed down the Uzumaki sealing tech to Naruto. Some of the reactions were similar to the above - that is there is no evidence, and we had not seen such things. Then I pointed the fact that Naruto can open and lock the Seal on his stomach, and still some people said it was a mere key.

    Recently, we learned in 617 that Naruto did exactly the same thing Minato did by sealing his chakra into each shinobi of the SA. Where did he learn that seal? My opinion is that Jiraya taught him how to do the Jutsu, and I am pretty sure Kishi will bring a lot of flashback about this timeskip.

    For example, I could ask how Naruto was able to know that he could speed blitz Kisame just a few second after taking Kyuubi chakra? How did he know he could speed up if he has never heard about it?

    Hint: Since Naruto took Kurama's chakra, all the Jutsu he performs are Minato's Jutsu: Rasengan perfected with many variants, tailed beast bomb with hands, speed up just like yellow flash, and now sealing. All these are from Minato.
    Last edited by so6pww; January 28, 2013 at 01:45 PM.

  8. #6
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,782
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Minato, Jiraya, and Naruto: That Jutsu.

    Quote Originally Posted by so6pww View Post
    As I said, this topic has been discussed a lot in many forums, and I personally avoid it, usually. The reason I brought the FTG is that FTG is a Jutsu that was the only technique that help Minato counter Tobi. Of course, Kakashi is around to fight Obito as for now. However, when speaking of something that Jiraya would warn Naruto of using, there are two possible candidate: (1) Sealing - Uzumakis were killed because of it, and (2) FTG because Naruto did not take his father's name due to its power.

    Imagine Naruto with all these chakra/stamina and a higher level of teleportation.
    Combined with Kage Bunshin, Hiraishin would be, like....the coolest thing ever. He could call it......Kage Hiraishin.
    Also, Naruto could learn that explosive clone jutsu Itachi once used. That could be useful. This is kind of a digression but it's always fun to fantasize.

    Personally, I think "that jutsu" refers to Naruto's control of the Kyuubi. But I like the idea that "that jutsu" might be some sort of seal.
    Perhaps Minato's insight was so great that he anticipated the revival of the Juubi (O_O) and knew someone would need to be able to control Kurama's power in order to seal/fight/defeat/control it.

  9. #7
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    ~Nyaa
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,190
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Minato, Jiraya, and Naruto: That Jutsu.

    FTG could be cool. Although Naruto in Kyuubi Mode is probably near on par with Raikage in terms of speed, which could mean an improvement in speed could be the last thing Naruto needs right now. So, I find it unlikely to be an improvement. A new elemental jutsu or a new sealing technique could be even cooler or something defensive. Naruto doesn't have versatility in his arsenal, so, it could come from anywhere.

    Anyway, I don't expect such a callback to an ancient reference at today's time. Naruto would have used a jutsu of that degree before had he mastered it during his time with Jiraiya. No hints were given about even an initiation of a technique development, though.
    Naruto can come up with something new, perhaps with the Kyuubi giving him some information or someone else leading him to it if the war takes a short pause, but as I said, I don't expect a reference to the past. It wouldn't mean much for me, anyway. Whether Kishimoto reveals everything in block or not, there isn't and there won't be any excitement in reading the manga. Personal opinion. Not bending anyone else to this by any means.

  10. #8
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Minato, Jiraya, and Naruto: That Jutsu.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    FTG could be cool. Although Naruto in Kyuubi Mode is probably near on par with Raikage in terms of speed, which could mean an improvement in speed could be the last thing Naruto needs right now. So, I find it unlikely to be an improvement. A new elemental jutsu or a new sealing technique could be even cooler or something defensive. Naruto doesn't have versatility in his arsenal, so, it could come from anywhere.

    Anyway, I don't expect such a callback to an ancient reference at today's time. Naruto would have used a jutsu of that degree before had he mastered it during his time with Jiraiya. No hints were given about even an initiation of a technique development, though.
    Naruto can come up with something new, perhaps with the Kyuubi giving him some information or someone else leading him to it if the war takes a short pause, but as I said, I don't expect a reference to the past. It wouldn't mean much for me, anyway. Whether Kishimoto reveals everything in block or not, there isn't and there won't be any excitement in reading the manga. Personal opinion. Not bending anyone else to this by any means.
    Speed cannot pass obstacle. This is the shortcoming of any speed - that is there can be collision. With teleportation, you cannot be stopped or slowed down because you are in a different space.

  11. #9
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,952
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Minato, Jiraya, and Naruto: That Jutsu.

    It's most likely just the Kyuubi chakra control, since Jiraiya stated himself that he and Naruto were focusing on nothing more than that during training. If it was any jutsu at all, it would be Bijuudama since 1: it requires Kurama's chakra and 2: Rasengan resembles it's initial formation and mastering it would put Naruto at step one when it comes to Bijuudama creation.

    And as Hakuteiken said, it's such a fargone reference that there's no reason to even bring it up now. Powerscales have reached a level where anything Jiraiya thought Naruto was skilled enough to master waaaay back then would be far to inferior in sheer destructive power to be of any worth in the current battle.

    ---------- Post added at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by so6pww
    Hint: Since Naruto took Kurama's chakra, all the Jutsu he performs are Minato's Jutsu: Rasengan perfected with many variants, tailed beast bomb with hands, speed up just like yellow flash, and now sealing. All these are from Minato.
    The Bijuudama wasn't fired by Minato. He used a Hiraishin kunai and teleported the Bijuudama that was fired at him away to a nearby tag. Likewise, Naruto's fuuinjutsu doesn't come from his own mastery since it's ingrained into his body and didn't require him to actually learn how to perform the jutsu. He can't use sealing jutsu practically. He only has the one that was already set up for him to perform.

  12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  13. #10
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Minato, Jiraya, and Naruto: That Jutsu.

    You bought Ni no Kuni, ninjabot? Damn you

    On topic, didn't last chapter shed some light on the issue?
    With Kyuubi saying that Yondaime wanted Naruto to learn what he did, you know, making Konoha the army an army of Kyuubi chakra empowered clones?
    Probably Yondaime wanted for Kushina to do the same ( accept Kyuubi and be accepted by her village ), and it also fits with the whole "aknowledged by everyone" thing:
    everyone would accept Kyuubi's chakra, thus would in turn intrinsically accept Naruto as a Jinchuuriki as well.
    Control over Kyuubi is only the first step.

    Kinda anticlimatic, but people underestimate just how powerful chakra-sharing is, expecially with Naruto's own properties and gargantuan chakra reserve:
    he made Hinata, a Chunin-level ninja, air-palm the Juubi to the point its handtail was blown back with no chance for a counter, while Hiashi achieved less with 2 air-palms ( the Juubi could counter with the Mokuton thingy ).

  14. #11
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Yugoslavia
    Age
    38
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    169
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Minato, Jiraya, and Naruto: That Jutsu.

    ni no kuni! damn you... i dream about pc+japanese version

    i thought it was bijudama before, but now it might be this chakra sharing, all kishi would need to do is put flashback of jiraya and were done.

  15. #12
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Minato, Jiraya, and Naruto: That Jutsu.

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    It's most likely just the Kyuubi chakra control, since Jiraiya stated himself that he and Naruto were focusing on nothing more than that during training. If it was any jutsu at all, it would be Bijuudama since 1: it requires Kurama's chakra and 2: Rasengan resembles it's initial formation and mastering it would put Naruto at step one when it comes to Bijuudama creation.

    And as Hakuteiken said, it's such a fargone reference that there's no reason to even bring it up now. Powerscales have reached a level where anything Jiraiya thought Naruto was skilled enough to master waaaay back then would be far to inferior in sheer destructive power to be of any worth in the current battle.

    ---------- Post added at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------



    The Bijuudama wasn't fired by Minato. He used a Hiraishin kunai and teleported the Bijuudama that was fired at him away to a nearby tag. Likewise, Naruto's fuuinjutsu doesn't come from his own mastery since it's ingrained into his body and didn't require him to actually learn how to perform the jutsu. He can't use sealing jutsu practically. He only has the one that was already set up for him to perform.
    Always continuing to make claim from your own opinion. Where did Jiraya say that they focused on kyuubi chakra control. We barely had a flashback where Jiraya was injured. In fact, Jiraya did not even know how to control it.

    When Nagato was revived, he knew that Naruto has overcome his own hatred. This showed that Nagato knew how to control it. I would love if you could bring some reference to show that they focused on that. However, obviously, you are wrong because Naruto can also do sealing.

    As for Bijudama, it is not Naruto's Jutsu. It is Kyuubi's natural ability. Even when Naruto did the flash Bijudama with Kurama, he used the Sharingan technique.

    On the other end, show me any single Jutsu Naruto has performed that is not connected to Minato apart from KB.

  16. #13
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    ~Nyaa
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,190
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Minato, Jiraya, and Naruto: That Jutsu.

    Quote Originally Posted by so6pww View Post
    On the other end, show me any single Jutsu Naruto has performed that is not connected to Minato apart from KB.
    Harem no Jutsu
    Joking aside, show me a jutsu Naruto uses other than Kage Bunshin and Rasengan variations first, so that we could talk about the connection with Minato.
    And Bijuudama is used by Naruto, so, it could be considered Naruto's ability. That's why Hachibi thought Naruto would fail again when he countered the Bijuu's combined Bijuudama. Naruto trained for it himself.

  17. #14
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    70
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Minato, Jiraya, and Naruto: That Jutsu.

    Quote Originally Posted by so6pww View Post

    As for Bijudama, it is not Naruto's Jutsu. It is Kyuubi's natural ability. Even when Naruto did the flash Bijudama with Kurama, he used the Sharingan technique.

    On the other end, show me any single Jutsu Naruto has performed that is not connected to Minato apart from KB.
    There's no such thing as a "flash Bijuudama"... that was a separate word on the same page, translated by others to say "Like a flash!" or just "Flash!"... it was just a Bijuudama.

  18. #15
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Dhaka
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,179
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Minato, Jiraya, and Naruto: That Jutsu.

    So far the only jutsu naruto is yet to complete is hiraishin. In broader sense, one might say he's yet to learn sealing jutsu at its best yet as well, seeing how kyuubi mentioned something about sage of six path's technique when naruto sealed him in. However chakra sharing is an awesome jutsu and i'll love it if this is confirmed to be 'that jutsu'.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts