Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: DGM Hang Out Thread - Part 1

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DGM Hang Out Thread - Part 1

I don't remember how, but the thread got deleted

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, it must be when the server crashed. I'll check with the admin to see if it could be recovered. ^^

Does anyone remember the title of the thread?

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 AM ----------

Bad news - we couldn't get the thread back so the only option I could think of is to start all over again.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

About what I said ealier that volume 24 would come out in January 2014:
    When I checked the Amazon site again, I found out that it's in German language.
    Something is really off

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm. Well Shueisha has nothing listed about volume 24, unfortunately. It's just all the previous volumes up for grabs.

Also, this is just a fan's site but this person claims to have called Shueisha and this is the latest update s/he has on the matter of vol 24's publication:
    Quote Quote:
    Quote Quote:
    ※3月18日訂正…m(__)m

ディーグレイマン 24巻 発売延期!!
    Dグレ 24巻の発売が延期されることになりました。
    集英社に電話して確認したところ現在発売日は未定だそうです。
    凄く残念ですね…。
    星野先生が早くお元気になられることを心から祈っています!
    http://skijump-db.net/archives/315
    3/18 correction: m(_ _)m

Sale of D.Gray-Man volume 24 is delayed!!

DGM 24 sales have been postponed. When I called to confirm with Shueisha, the date was "pending." That's such terrible news isn't it...? From the bottom of my heart, I pray Hoshino-sensei can heal up quickly!
    I'm guessing this strangely expensive German language "release" of volume 24 is a fraud. Shame Amazon hasn't done anything about that...
    Last edited by kannazuki; July 05, 2013 at 05:54 PM.

6. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

I really hope she will get well, for her own sake, and not just to get on with the story.
    However what's killing me is the absurd lack of information to fans like us, what is going on?

I can wait, sure, I got no problems with that, but keeping us all in the dark is in my opinion arrogant (I don't think it's Hoshino's own choice to keep us in the dark, however).
    Readers and Fans deserves to know what's going on, that's the least they can tell us about Hoshino.

I don't really give much for the strategy of the Magazine to keep silent when you don't know whether the manga will continue or not yet, it's rude as hell to at least not tell us that much.

Similar as we're investing in the Magazine, the Magazine is investing in our interest/quality time in the Magazines, it's a trade, and that's how business works.
    Right now the Magazines are clearly letting us down, they're wasting our interest and quality time waiting, they're really rude, and imo ignoring good business, they're letting down their customers by not telling us what they know, heck even telling us that they don't know if the series will continue because of her health.

As for Hoshino, I never meant any offense or negative words against her, this is clearly directed against the Magazine and it's business.
    I might have missed some information about the manga status out there though, but as far as I'm concerned, this Magazine is clearly ignoring its customers in this case, if not in general.

My personal guess is that Hoshino's hiatus off and on all the time made the Magazine put her on hold for a while, I don't think her health got worse, I think it's the Magazine being tired of the on and off.
    So basically, perhaps they gave the Magazine spot to someone else, and that might be why D.Gray-Man hasn't come out for 6 months, and won't for quite a while to come, until a new spot is open again. I suppose the Magazine is hoping she will get better by then.

But even if this is the case, it's still absurdly rude of the Magazine not to tell us if they did postpone the spot of D.Gray-Man in the Magazine, we're valueable customers afterall, and they seem to completely ignore us.
    Whatever the reason, we're not just machines that will pay up whenever they feel like doing business with us, it's egocentric one sided business strategy, clearly rude and arrogant.

Again, just so no one misunderstands, I highly respect Hoshino, and if she really need time off, then I completely respect that.
    It's just the lack of information/way of business this Magazine is doing that creeps me out.

(Well if you buy Hoshino's works, but I think many of us here do that ).

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Having or not having a spot doesn't worry me cause Bibougami Ga ended in the last issue and there were 2 one-shots.
    Embalming is resuming on next issue and a new series will start.
    To me it looks like there is still one empty spots in the magazine.

Edit: After checking the ToCs. We had 5 series ending and 7 starting so far this year. And two moved to another magazine.
    I guess this is the final count if i only use the editions from jan 4th till now.
    Last edited by Asclepius; July 18, 2013 at 11:06 AM.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quantized View Post
    I might have missed some information about the manga status out there though, but as far as I'm concerned, this Magazine is clearly ignoring its customers in this case, if not in general.
    At least, Jump SQ did leave a courtesy message in one of their past issues stating they don't know when DGM will come back due to Hoshino's health. (it's alright if you missed that one.) That's all we can go by for now, and it will probably still be like that for some time. ^___^

I agree that it would be nice if Jump gave us a small update, but even they probably don't know much from Hoshino. They probably call her a a few times per month just to check up on her health. If her doctor says she needs R&R for several months, I don't really know what else Jump can say about that in any future issue. Hoshino is a very private person so she doesn't even do what a lot of other Japanese people have done, which is, working on a blog.

If Hoshino had a Twitter account, I can easily imagine all her Twit Pics to be just like the omakes at the back of some of her manga. Her sense of humor is addicting to read when she makes fun of herself, her staff, editor, and family members.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fuff's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

any news if its still on hiatus?

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It's still on hiatus.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mango-chan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm fairly convinced that old message in SQ was a polite way of saying "we're dropping Hoshino, she's too flaky". Half of the haitus could currently be Hoshino needing to land a new slot in another magazine or build up enough content to be regularly present in SQ again.

Auto-correct is a double edged sword.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Antxon Kolokon's Avatar
    Country
    Basque Country
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mango-chan View Post
    I'm fairly convinced that old message in SQ was a polite way of saying "we're dropping Hoshino, she's too flaky". Half of the haitus could currently be Hoshino needing to land a new slot in another magazine or build up enough content to be regularly present in SQ again.
    It actually says in a polite way to "wait patiently until she recovers, which she eventually will" and they beg for understanding.
    It says that she'll keep working when she is able to, that she is trying hard with the Miracle Jump One Shot.
    So there is no cancellation, there is no kicking her out from SQ, there's nothing.
    Just wait until she gets well.
    Source:

16. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

DGM's section is still active in JSQ's website. I don't think the series has been "politely" canceled.
    Next issue of JSQ will be out exactly on my birthday, so I'll keep my hope for a new chapter (actually, it has been 3 years since the first time I read DGM, and there were no chapter released in August)

whatever, I'll just dump some Hoshino's sketches for Valvrave
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by non-chan; July 26, 2013 at 12:09 PM.

18. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mango-chan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If she's doing oneshots and Valvrave characters she can work, just not fast enough to make SQ's deadlines on a regular basis without killing herself over it is what I'm getting at. The idea that at least part of DGM's long absence is SQ wanting a decent backlog of material (made at Hoshino's own pace) to fall back on before putting it back into the magazine isn't that far fetched.

Auto-correct is a double edged sword.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fuff's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

whats miracle jump? is that a crossover?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a monthly magazine that took the place of Monthly Young Jump.

New Reply
Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast