Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread: DGM Hang Out Thread - Part 1

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DGM Hang Out Thread - Part 1

@ Verd: Thanks. I learn something new with kokoro no tomo.

Edit below: ToC is added in a spoiler tag.

Edit 2: Consolidated the first quote into a spoiler tag to make the post smaller.

----

Until we get the ToC, I'm blinking my eyes like crazy seeing this here in the SQ thread. (Although, I think DGM fans, over at the DGM section, got a little antsy looking for any "sign" of SQ information that they'll do anything by scouring the internet.)

I'm going to think in big realistic terms that this poster means volume 24, unless,...otherwise, because of the responses below it. SQ subscribers should've obtained their issues by now. It seems pretty slow on getting the spoilers out (meaning ToC and some other series other than the usual like Claymore and Owari).

Just going to observe these people with a looking glass (for now).

Spoiler show

ToC for Jan 2014 issue (Dec. 4)
    (Courtesy of #753 of the SQ spoiler section.)
    Spoiler show

Here's to another month of waiting as usual. Remember to be patient, everyone. ^^;
    Last edited by tgirl; December 03, 2013 at 01:43 AM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I hate to say it but those are just a bunch of posts generally complaining about Hoshino's art style having developed to look too BL-like (as well as wondering where female characters like Lenalee went), calling it gross, and wishing she'd pay someone else to draw the series. They discuss whether she'd have the funds, and then decide of their own accord that she must supposedly have the money from all the sales (referencing the number of volumes sold), and merchandise (while conveniently forgetting how spread out those sales are and not considering that she isn't necessarily receiving the lion's share of profits from those). This is why I don't care to read boards like those.

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Right. That's why I put down "they just need to understand", but I appreciate your clarification. They aggravated me somewhat. I just couldn't help posting some of them here, since I've rarely seen people talk about DGM this much in that particular board. If only we were in Japan, I would probably dare risk a 2ch moderation (if there was such a thing) of saying, 「ばかね!!男人はかっこいいよ」 to these guys. Gahhh... Now that you mentioned it, I think I've seen other posts in the SQ board about some guys worried about SQ becoming more "BL"... *head desk*

I'm glad there are male readers, who do appreciate the quality/style of Hoshino's manga. Just wish the rest of the male SQ readers be happy with their Claymores/To Love-Rus and leave Hoshino alone. >__< Of course, it's never that simple and it's best to simply ignore them... *sighs*
    Last edited by tgirl; December 03, 2013 at 12:41 PM.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member meepers4982's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

sigh another month of waiting. its been a year now from the last chapter. hopefully she's feeling better but does anyone know whats wrong with her? a year break for any artist is a very long time (im going into an art career myself) hopefully shes not overworking herself in anyway.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by meepers4982 View Post
    sigh another month of waiting. its been a year now from the last chapter. hopefully she's feeling better but does anyone know whats wrong with her? a year break for any artist is a very long time (im going into an art career myself) hopefully shes not overworking herself in anyway.
    What i understood is that she was having a condition to her sinews called tendinitis and what i know about it is that if you need surgery for it it can take up to 12 months for full recovery. Now we know she did some minor work so she could be ok. But with such things your always carefull because if you get it back its worse. Its just that i heard she suffered from it im not sure. But it would explain the long hiatus.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The 2013 MH Yearbook is coming out soon so if you want to submit anything, please go HERE. ^^

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I apparently miss D.Gray-Man so much that I dreamed a chapter came out last night...

13. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tgirl View Post
    ^ Right. That's why I put down "they just need to understand", but I appreciate your clarification. They aggravated me somewhat. I just couldn't help posting some of them here, since I've rarely seen people talk about DGM this much in that particular board. If only we were in Japan, I would probably dare risk a 2ch moderation (if there was such a thing) of saying, 「ばかね!!男人はかっこいいよ」 to these guys. Gahhh... Now that you mentioned it, I think I've seen other posts in the SQ board about some guys worried about SQ becoming more "BL"... *head desk*

I'm glad there are male readers, who do appreciate the quality/style of Hoshino's manga. Just wish the rest of the male SQ readers be happy with their Claymores/To Love-Rus and leave Hoshino alone. >__< Of course, it's never that simple and it's best to simply ignore them... *sighs*
    So here I am, a male reader who appreciates Hoshino's quality. I've often felt very inspired by her art. Still, for me it's a little much. Like that unnecessary blushing and the lovey-dovey eyes. I mean, some bromance is fine and all, but yeah...not to a point where I think Allen and Jonny are going to make out any second.

15. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner mcwhirlpoolinc's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have always loved the fact that Hoshino would change up art styles for me it's what makes her unique and not once has any of the styles she's incorporated into her series have made it worse for the eyes.
    http://www.youtube.com/mcwhirlpoolinc

Here's a list of manga's I review: Hunter x Hunter (when out)
    One Piece,Toriko,D.Gray-Man (when out),Shingeki no Kyojjin/AttackonTitan,OnePunch-Man (arc reviews)
    Beelzebub,BASTARD!! (when out),Akame Ga Kiru,Magi the Labyrinth of Magic,Naruto,Bleach,Vinland Saga
    Claymore,Nanatsu no Taizai,UQ Holder!

17. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Allen's dare I say infamous "embarrassed" (???) blush in chapter 215 was a bit much, I'd agree. Personally, I find the melancholy (even in one case, angry) blushing in the chapters immediately prior to that understandable though.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Mangahere told me that a new chapter was out so I was excited.... turns out that it was a rescan of Chapter 90 instead. False alarm! I can't believe it's been a year already.

Regarding Hoshino's art style: I think her latest style is more shoujo than BL, but it doesn't change the fact that I still enjoy her art. I think the next chapter will provide us with a different style than what we've seen from the latest chapters.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    So here I am, a male reader who appreciates Hoshino's quality. I've often felt very inspired by her art. Still, for me it's a little much. Like that unnecessary blushing and the lovey-dovey eyes. I mean, some bromance is fine and all, but yeah...not to a point where I think Allen and Jonny are going to make out any second.
    Hmm, i don't think that's her intention, last chapter you see that the earl is hanging over them and it prompt a flashback from Mana and Nea, they are both brothers. So her true intention is to create the brotherly vibe. Maybe but sadly it might come across as BL. But it doesn't seem the intent.
    She however does sugarcoat scenes a lot, when seeing Tyki in his human form he does give the BL character look, same for Kanda. The adessing Tyki makes towards Allen calling him Shonen. Every scene of close friendship is either overly sugarcoated (Allen with Road or Allen with Lenalee) or its tsundere (Allen and Kanda). Hoshino tends to go overboard on the emotions which might give the wrong idea about the relation between the 2 characters.

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    Mangahere told me that a new chapter was out so I was excited.... turns out that it was a rescan of Chapter 90 instead. False alarm! I can't believe it's been a year already.

Regarding Hoshino's art style: I think her latest style is more shoujo than BL, but it doesn't change the fact that I still enjoy her art. I think the next chapter will provide us with a different style than what we've seen from the latest chapters.
    For it to be shoujo hmm, i disagree. Mostly the girls in shoujo are looking up to the male characters and the male characters are larger then life. True Lenalee Miranda and Road who are the main girls in the story have tragic pasts they definitely are not shoujo type females. Neither are they captivated by a male. Actually Road is the aggressive type of female. Lenalee empowers herself by thinking of her comrades, and Miranda tries her best to be no longer the gloomy useless person.

If i dare say DGM is a manga that defies all genres and is hard to label. It doesn't follow a path of BL shoujo or typical shonen. This can be a blessing as well as a curse when placing it in a magazine. But still i think it has a right to shine and that has been acknowledged. To be moved out of WSJ to SQ alone is rare. Usually if an artist cant keep up it gets canceled. It just means DGM is alive and i'm thankful for that.

22. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member candy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

with all this news about DGM coming out, the new volume and such, what are the chances that a new DGM chapter comes out in a couple of weeks as a sort of surprise?

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    with all this news about DGM coming out, the new volume and such, what are the chances that a new DGM chapter comes out in a couple of weeks as a sort of surprise?
    a volume and real chapters is not the same thing, also that added content with the questions its nice but nothing really serious. I shrug over it. So its far from having hoshino back working on DGM. If she did restart cool. And i look forward to it but i dont expect it. I let myself be surprised.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    When I see blushing in shounen manga between guys (and yes, DGM isn't alone in the blushing category), it's usually a brotherly or a simple embarrassment blush to me. I don't really see it beyond that. As a female reader, I really can't stand BL, GL, shounen-ai, shoujo-ai, yaoi, etc. In some shoujo manga, they make BL sometimes happen to the side characters. I can somewhat tolerate that a little, but, if it was something that involved the main characters, I would stop reading immediately. Thankfully, most shounen manga do not go to the level of having side character girls have some romantic quality time to each other.

Also, .....

Quote Originally Posted by ca12nag3 View Post
    Hmm, i don't think that's her intention, last chapter you see that the earl is hanging over them and it prompt a flashback from Mana and Nea, they are both brothers. So her true intention is to create the brotherly vibe. Maybe but sadly it might come across as BL. But it doesn't seem the intent.
    She however does sugarcoat scenes a lot, when seeing Tyki in his human form he does give the BL character look, same for Kanda. The adessing Tyki makes towards Allen calling him Shonen. Every scene of close friendship is either overly sugarcoated (Allen with Road or Allen with Lenalee) or its tsundere (Allen and Kanda). Hoshino tends to go overboard on the emotions which might give the wrong idea about the relation between the 2 characters.

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

For it to be shoujo hmm, i disagree. Mostly the girls in shoujo are looking up to the male characters and the male characters are larger then life. True Lenalee Miranda and Road who are the main girls in the story have tragic pasts they definitely are not shoujo type females. Neither are they captivated by a male. Actually Road is the aggressive type of female. Lenalee empowers herself by thinking of her comrades, and Miranda tries her best to be no longer the gloomy useless person.

If i dare say DGM is a manga that defies all genres and is hard to label. It doesn't follow a path of BL shoujo or typical shonen. This can be a blessing as well as a curse when placing it in a magazine. But still i think it has a right to shine and that has been acknowledged. To be moved out of WSJ to SQ alone is rare. Usually if an artist cant keep up it gets canceled. It just means DGM is alive and i'm thankful for that.
    I agree with this. DGM is definitely a manga that defies all genres. It's definitely not typical shounen. It's shounen due to the main characters being mostly guys, but it can appeal to both genders, who enjoy a good story. I sometimes think of DGM as a shounen/seinen/josei hybrid due to the focus being centered more on the plot than filler stuff. If DGM was BL shoujo, heh, I wouldn't be here. ^__^

Quote Originally Posted by Naomidee View Post
    I apparently miss D.Gray-Man so much that I dreamed a chapter came out last night...
    Lucky.
    Last edited by tgirl; December 18, 2013 at 06:46 PM.

26. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast