Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2) , Gintama 509 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast

Thread: DGM Hang Out Thread - Part 1

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DGM Hang Out Thread - Part 1

I want Allen to rest in peace after everything...but it's too bad that he won't be able to meet Mana where souls of deads rest, since Mana's soul has already been destroyed

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Coah's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by non-chan View Post
    I want Allen to rest in peace after everything...but it's too bad that he won't be able to meet Mana where souls of deads rest, since Mana's soul has already been destroyed
    What do you mean destroyed? Allen saved Mana's soul that night his Innocence activated and sent him to rest in peace. I don't see why Allen couldn't meet him on the other side.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner anyoneforthe's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Coah. I think if Allen passes away normally he should be able to reunite with Mana. But if he disappears and Neah takes over maybe Allen's soul will be lost. I just hope Mana really loved Allen and wasn't some crazy old man who can't remember anyone.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to be bawling if Mana doesn't end up loving him in the end.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Crown Clown's Avatar
    Country
    Dragonstone
    Post Thanks / Like

That's what it seems to be right now which is just really heartbreaking

I hate my self for saying this but judging his actions squarely on what seems to have happened so far, Mana raised Allen just for Nea. Which is just really sad. Even Cross was hesitant when he found out Allen was just a kid when he picked him up

Is Allen's soul going to be liberated, destroyed, or just oppressed when Nea takes over with full control?
    Last edited by Crown Clown; June 23, 2014 at 10:57 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe it's too soon to judge Mana's true feelings. The man was insane after all. He remembered he had a brother but he didn't know WHO was his brother at the time he was with Allen. He thought Allen was a dog, even treated him like a dog at times. I'm a bit worried though if the past/Mana; before he became the way he was, had something to do with Allen becoming younger/losing his memories before he came to at the circus. And then completely losing his mind and forgetting his own memories.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coah View Post
    What do you mean destroyed? Allen saved Mana's soul that night his Innocence activated and sent him to rest in peace. I don't see why Allen couldn't meet him on the other side.
    Unless an Exorcist uses the Innocence to destroy the soul, the soul will forever be trapped and forced to be the Earl's weapon. Hence, being destroyed = being saved. It's mercy kill
    Spoiler show

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

@anyoneforthe & Coah: I'm positive Mana has feelings specifically for Allen. There's more to their story than what happened at the circus where they met, and I don't think it was because of Nea that Allen was able to call Mana's soul to make an Akuma-- it was because Mana cares for Allen too. imo this is just a source of doubt and despair for Allen (and us) right now that he might not. A suspense-building thing. (And like non-chan said, Hoshino-sensei is evil.)

Unless an Exorcist uses the Innocence to destroy the soul, the soul will forever be trapped and forced to be the Earl's weapon. Hence, being destroyed = being saved. It's mercy kill
    Spoiler show
    He's talking about destroying akuma there, not destroying a soul. Allen wouldn't care about Cross' converted akuma or risk his life to save the one that Road told to self-destruct if he thought they were just destroying souls. Remember Marie warning Allen how everyone at the Order thought differently from him and it could get him into trouble?
    Last edited by kannazuki; June 24, 2014 at 07:42 AM.

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Allen wouldn't care about Cross' converted akuma or risk his life to save the one that Road told to self-destruct if he thought they were just destroying souls.
    I said it has to be killed with Innocence, not just destroyed by other means. Like, if it is killed with Innocence, the soul will be both destroyed and saved from grief and guilty for killing, if not, it just sinks down forever like what happened to those were killed by 3rd and 'that person' (Alma). I believe this connects with what I said before in this post.

Quote Quote:
    imo this is just a source of doubt and despair for Allen (and us) right now that he might not. A suspense-building thing. (And like non-chan said, Hoshino-sensei is evil.)
    It's like she will do anything to make her characters and us suffered. The first thought in my mind when I knew Kanda had returned was "What are you planning, Hoshino? I thought you let him go! Are you going to hurt him more?" and then he was attacked by Apocryphos... She even went that far to killed off Timcanpy just because Tim "has always by Allen's side past 3 months to help him overcome loneliness"

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I said it has to be killed with Innocence, not just destroyed by other means. Like, if it is killed with Innocence, the soul will be both destroyed and saved from grief and guilty for killing, if not, it just sinks down forever like what happened to those were killed by 3rd and 'that person' (Alma). I believe this connects with what I said before in this post.
    Sorry, I still disagree. If that was the case what difference would the Innocence make to Allen? Anyway in chapter 1, Moore speculates that hopefully the souls of her sister Claire and the Akuma (husband) returned to God. Allen answers 「そうですね きっと・・・」 with a happy smile. He doesn't look like he's faking to me, and I don't think he'd have lied at least in this case. He'd been preaching the awful truth about Akuma to her for almost 60-pages already, and he didn't hold back when it came time to tell her that was her sister's soul. I do think he lies sometimes to make people feel better (like with Rohfa & Lenalee), but not about something like this.

Quote Quote:
    It's like she will do anything to make her characters and us suffered. The first thought in my mind when I knew Kanda had returned was "What are you planning, Hoshino? I thought you let him go! Are you going to hurt him more?" and then he was attacked by Apocryphos... She even went that far to killed off Timcanpy just because Tim "has always by Allen's side past 3 months to help him overcome loneliness"
    Well I was glad to have Kanda back, I have to admit. To me it was like he'd paid his dues and so there should be no more trouble for him now. But I don't blame you for having that reaction at all, lol. Kanda will be alright. I expect he'll get Allen and Johnny out of their current pickle (meaning they'll figure something out about getting away from the Earl for now), then something has to be decided about the Fourteenth, and then Kanda will go be a general like he promised. His future looks brighter to me than most, at least until the end of the story anyway. Who knows what might happen then...

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Crown Clown's Avatar
    Country
    Dragonstone
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys,

Sorry I am not sure if what I am trying to ask is off topic or not but if it is I'll stop asking

How do you guys store your d gray man manga? Do you guys have any specific preference or..???

Like I said I'm not sure if this is off topic :/

Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post
    Sorry, I still disagree. If that was the case what difference would the Innocence make to Allen? Anyway in chapter 1, Moore speculates that hopefully the souls of her sister Claire and the Akuma (husband) returned to God. Allen answers 「そうですね きっと・・・」 with a happy smile. He doesn't look like he's faking to me, and I don't think he'd have lied at least in this case. He'd been preaching the awful truth about Akuma to her for almost 60-pages already, and he didn't hold back when it came time to tell her that was her sister's soul. I do think he lies sometimes to make people feel better (like with Rohfa & Lenalee), but not about something like this.
    I miss that point, thanks. I'll think more about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crown Clown View Post
    How do you guys store your d gray man manga? Do you guys have any specific preference or..???
    I usual keep my collection in my work place's bookshelves. If there is any preference, the books are kept in my hand reach for easier to get.

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

I have just got to see the J-Stars Victory Vs game. I didn't play since I'm no good in games but my friends did.

Apparently, it seems that before a match, you have to answer the question given by (seemingly) random Jump character who appears in anime style design. We got Allen, but since no one there knew Japanese, we just randomly chose the answer.

And Allen, despite being supportive character, is a real beast and extremely works well when the playable character is strong at long-range attacks.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

I have just got to see the J-Stars Victory Vs game. I didn't play since I'm no good in games but my friends did.

Apparently, it seems that before a match, you have to answer the question given by (seemingly) random Jump character who appears in anime style design. We got Allen, but since no one there knew Japanese, we just randomly chose the answer.

And Allen, despite being supportive character, is a real beast and extremely works well when the playable character is strong at long-range attacks.[/QUOTE]

Everything I think about that pathetic representation of our beloved main character in that popular game can be summarized by this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=END76LjF4Bg

Seriously D gray man gets no justice even in terms of basic advertisement. Side character or no side character, weekly jump or no weekly jump, they screwed him up. Crown clown is easily one of the coolest designs i've seen for a shonen hero and you mean they couldn't even give him the cape? Not to mention one of the most dynamic in terms of ability choices and all they could do with him was swipe swipe.

Sorry for sounding so negative in such hard times for d gray man fans alike and I hope you guys can understand. Even if your argument is that I should be glad that d gray man is getting any promotion at all considering its current position and the fact that it is no longer weekly jump, my argument against that is simply: "if they weren't going to do a good job then why bother". A large gaming experience like this also serves as a major advertisement medium, I doubt anyone who sees Allen in this game would even think of picking up d gray man. But I digress, sorry for the rant guys I just really had to get that off my chest.

20. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

@capricorn:
    Quote Quote:
    Crown clown is easily one of the coolest designs i've seen for a shonen hero and you mean they couldn't even give him the cape?
    In terms of economic benefits, since it had been decided that supportive characters have only one move and Allen's is Edge End, it's no need to model the cape if it's just going to stand in the way.
    And Hoshino left the cape out once in Alma arc, so I don't think there are much problems.

Quote Quote:
    Not to mention one of the most dynamic in terms of ability choices and all they could do with him was swipe swipe.
    Throughout the series with CC, Allen has 5 offensive moves: one is *cough* supposed to be useless against any Jump character whoever is human, two (Death Balls and Crown Edge) are too overkill, Cross Grave...since it only showed once, I can't really say much but it's not like it's Allen's signature move, so Edge End is the only one left among the candidates. And it's easy to animated

But I agree that the graphic design team should make the attack looks more destructive, even though it already does a lot of damage.

Quote Quote:
    "if they weren't going to do a good job then why bother".
    Aside from advertises, the game main purpose is to commemorate the 45th anniversary of Jump, that's why the developers include all series that used to/is hit, as Neuro is also included. It's already extremely hard to get DGM characters playable in previous Jump game, despite DGM still being its golden time in WSJ by the moment, so it's natural if Allen just stays at supportive character and he is good that way.

Quote Quote:
    I doubt anyone who sees Allen in this game would even think of picking up d gray man.
    The player is required to read, like, all Jump series that included in the game in order to get as many J points as possible to buy items (not sure about the item, but it's needed to gain advantage). But then, there are cheat codes...

About the ranting video, I'm sorry but I can't hear well, not the language matter...

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crown Clown View Post
    Hey guys,

Sorry I am not sure if what I am trying to ask is off topic or not but if it is I'll stop asking

Like I said I'm not sure if this is off topic :/
    Erm... Well, it's DGM related, I guess?

But for me, I usually shove it in with my other manga in a small corner of my bookshelf, since there is no other room for them. All my manga are jumbled up and not in order. Everything from shoujo to josei to shounen in three different languages. @_@ What's worse, on top of the disorder, that's not my entire collection. Haha..... Also, my manga phonebook magazines are stuffed on top of a closet hidden away from the world....

As for an earlier post amongst the batch of later posts in this thread, I think Allen deserves to fight and live out the rest of his life in a natural fashion. His natural death should be something we should never see in the DGM storyline. I want that nice happy ending in the later future for everyone (and the whole world) since they all went through Earl torture. We still don't know much about his past as well as his other "past", so, we're far from over of what's going to be future turmoil for his heart. :>

24. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast