Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: DGM Hang Out Thread - Part 1

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DGM Hang Out Thread - Part 1

Quote Originally Posted by Kitchel View Post
    ps: tgirl... you're pretty awesome. lol x3 Always defending DGM, and being so patient with the series as well as people.
    Welcome to MH! This is a pretty active DGM community. More people to talk DGM with, the better. (We do get a little dead in-between chapter release/hiatus periods, but we always bounce back up.) ^_^ And thanks, although, I think there are people here who definitely deserve to be awesome. (Not me. I'm just one of the ordinary optimistics here.) Furthermore, there are plenty of others here, who's as/almost as patient as me. Some probably won't be that outspoken, but I know they're there.

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    I didn't disagree. I guess my post was in response to what you deemed "corny". There is something to be said about maintaining a commitment though. I think the frustration is just compounded by her not releasing the series regularly and with a similar amount of pages. That this isn't only about her having hand problems, but her choosing to work on something else. That's her prerogative though, tons of mangaka do what she does. Some even have multiple series in different magazines. But most don't have a supposed ailment that impairs his/her work and then chooses to do other things instead. I think that's what people react to. Personally, I don't get invested enough to get emotional over it. I still like reading DGM, and will take what is given (thought I haven't read the last two chapters on purpose I guess ).
    I see. Yeah, I wasn't sure if I was understanding your last post correctly, or not, but thanks for clarifying it further. (Well, I wasn't disagreeing with it either. ^_^)

I get what you're saying. You hit the dot on the nail. She has a health issue, but she still works on some other things. It definitely gives a wide variety of reactions from people, who see that and try to figure it out. A lot of them get the "I want more now" syndrome, but that's with any fan group. (Recently, an impatient Trails in the Sky --video game-- fan in unnamed forum wrote a lot of his posts in slang demanding a localized sequel to the game. =__=; That's the most headache induced poster I've ever seen in any forum I've been to...)

Yeah, I don't get emotionally invested in it either, which is why I'm not all "nooooo!! No DGM = end of the world!! Complain complain..... Forget DGM!! I'm going to some other story!"
    I just take what I see in front of me for what it is. Not for what's not there.

That's interesting that you didn't read the last two chapters. Take a break right after a less of an impact ending than a stronger cliff-hanger. I like your strategy. <3 (I'm use to strong cliff-hangers, so if there's a long waiting period between a story, I'd just simply theorize to pass the time.)

Quote Originally Posted by TitaniumChloride View Post
    ! Sorry, the project is only going to be in Miracle Jump -- which is actually a special edition of Young Jump -- that will be out later in April.
    Ok, that made more sense, because you added this other "project" that no one else was talking about before. I thought, Weekly Young Jump...? Wait.... But, I see now that you were just a bit confused due to Miracle Jump's past. ^_^ It's ok, Titanium.
    Last edited by tgirl; March 05, 2013 at 02:21 AM.

Horrible Person 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tgirl View Post
    That's interesting that you didn't read the last two chapters. Take a break right after a less of an impact ending than a stronger cliff-hanger. I like your strategy. <3 (I'm use to strong cliff-hangers, so if there's a long waiting period between a story, I'd just simply theorize to pass the time.)
    To be honest, a lot of that has to do with not realizing a chapter is out this month or not . But that happens with any irregular series I read.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^ I see I see. Well, good then. If you can hold on until Hoshino releases the next chapter, whenever that is, I think you're good to go. ^o^

I'm like that too, but mostly for weekly released manga, which are very few on my reading list. When it comes to weekly, their stories are just not as deep/interesting as the monthly/bi-monthly ones. So, I kind of know what to expect from the weekly releases and are easy to forget about them for an extensive long period of time. I may not go back to them for a couple of months or so. (I think I can ignore Detective Conan for an year, without seeing any of the new chapters. Ignorance and annoyance of the plot is bliss...)
    Last edited by tgirl; March 05, 2013 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Changing "to" to "too". *head desk* I made that mistake...

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks like Hoshino will be following in Amano's (Reborn!) footsteps with the Miracle Jump thing. She published a oneshot in the most recent issue. Coincidentally, she also did the character designs for Psycho Pass, a recent anime. Reborn! concluded months ago however. Interesting though.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Niko_kun's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    It looks like Hoshino will be following in Amano's (Reborn!) footsteps with the Miracle Jump thing. She published a oneshot in the most recent issue. Coincidentally, she also did the character designs for Psycho Pass, a recent anime. Reborn! concluded months ago however. Interesting though.
    Does that mean shes gonna finish DGM too? Haha just kidding... I guess this oneshot is why DGM was absent last issue.
    visit my brazilian D.Gray-man fan site. - www.dgraybr.blogspot.com

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fuff's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

i hate how the manga is alway on hiatus, personally i think she should maybe end the manga so that the anime could come out!! or instead of ending it, it becomes weekly again
    Last edited by fuff; March 06, 2013 at 05:00 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fuff View Post
    i hate how the manga is alway on hiatus, personally i think she should maybe end the manga so that the anime could come out!! or instead of ending it, it becomes weekly again
    Isn't that how she ended up in the current position in the firwst place? How does that solve anything?

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that was wishful thinking more than based in reality

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sensei42's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi there, hoping to cheer people up a bit even if it's just a quick giggle. What do the DGM character do when they don't have a chapter? They moonlight of course! And what better way than to advertise well known products.

Spoiler show

12. Like 9 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member descendant's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

D.Gray-man seems to be appearing in my dreams lately
    I pray for a new chapter everyday before going to bed
    currently following these manga/manhwa:
    Spoiler show

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by non-chan; March 14, 2013 at 12:36 AM.

16. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yay, great news! If I still lived in Japan I'd be right in the bookstore on 5/2 to buy my copy. (#^_^#)

*edit*
    BTW I mean "great news" because we can get a fresh idea how sales go. If the last few chapters don't sell well then I don't know what will...
    Last edited by kannazuki; March 13, 2013 at 10:38 AM.

Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems volume 24 gets delayed (again)

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner shiuso's Avatar
    Country
    Ecuador
    Post Thanks / Like

Crying Re: DGM Hang Out Thread - Part 1

Quote Originally Posted by non-chan View Post
    It seems volume 24 gets delayed (again)

Last edited by shiuso; March 22, 2013 at 02:10 AM.

Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know, the pre-order site which was posted a little while ago for volume 24 suddenly disapears, leaves behind the sentence "この本は現在お取り扱いしておりません。
    "

New Reply
Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast