Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128
New Reply

Thread: Do you want the Earl to be Mana?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you want the Earl to be Mana?

So im sure everyone has seen the Mana/Earl theory and I've seen many people post their ideas to whether they agree or disagree with this theory but I have never seen someone ask this ''Do you actually want the Earl to be Mana?'' I know I do I mean imagine the plotwist:the guy who adopted and possibly loved Allen turns out to be the greatest evil in the series.So how about you guys?

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do you want the Earl to be Mana?

Interesting question... hmmm, considering how convincing the theories in these forums have been lately it would be somewhat less palpable in shock value if Mana really is the Earl, but honestly at this point I find myself more fascinated in how hoshino will choose to explain that conclusion. In that sense I guess I should say yes I would want Mana to be the Earl. Not only for the fact that it brings to my mind the best interpretation of Cross conversation with Allen about eventually killing someone he loves, but also I find that so far that sounds like the most convincing way to emphasize Mana's significance to this entire mess.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner anyoneforthe's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it makes a lot of sense for the Earl to be Mana because.....

in order to use the Innocence to its fullest potential the user has to love in order to save. I'm sorry if this is confusing. But Dark Matter and Innocence are opposites, right? and we have already seen that Dark Matter is powered by Hatred . Evidence below under spoiler tag.
    Spoiler show

Here Alma states that "if you hate, your power flows to the extent of that hatred".

So if they're opposites than that means Innocence must be powered by Love and Allen being the only exorcist to love Akuma (expect maybe Kory) makes him the closest one the innocence (like Apo-chan said in a very creepy way), right?

Which brings me to my next point, Allen saving Noahs.
    I think the main reason Allen couldn't truly hurt Tyki's Noah (save tyki from his noah) when he slashed him is because he didn't love the human enough.

I think if Allen really wants to destory the noah he has to love the human and not a little but by a lot!... and if the Earl is Mana... maybe Allen will love enough to want to save him from his madness.

I'm sorry if this was confusing.

5. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anyoneforthe View Post
    I think it makes a lot of sense for the Earl to be Mana because.....

in order to use the Innocence to its fullest potential the user has to love in order to save. I'm sorry if this is confusing. But Dark Matter and Innocence are opposites, right? and we have already seen that Dark Matter is powered by Hatred . Evidence below under spoiler tag.
    Spoiler show

Here Alma states that "if you hate, your power flows to the extent of that hatred".

So if they're opposites than that means Innocence must be powered by Love and Allen being the only exorcist to love Akuma (expect maybe Kory) makes him the closest one the innocence (like Apo-chan said in a very creepy way), right?

Which brings me to my next point, Allen saving Noahs.
    I think the main reason Allen couldn't truly hurt Tyki's Noah (save tyki from his noah) when he slashed him is because he didn't love the human enough.

I think if Allen really wants to destory the noah he has to love the human and not a little but by a lot!... and if the Earl is Mana... maybe Allen will love enough to want to save him from his madness.

I'm sorry if this was confusing.
    Nah it's okay it's not confusing it makes perfect sense

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner KitforKat's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like it a lot if Mana was the Earl because I think it fits really well with DGM's themes so far. Hoshino has stated that the main idea behind DGM was exploring "grief," and she stated as well that she wanted to write a manga where the final boss was a tired old man. There's also a lot about "grayness" in DGM. As Allen is thrown out by the order and helped by the Noah and we learn more about each of them, the lines separating the two are becoming increasingly blurry. Both have good parts and terrible parts. It would be really fitting if the head of the big Evil Organization was just this sad old guy whose kindness we had seen and that the main character had experienced so personally.

It's probably because I like how it fits thematically so much that I'm such a big proponent of Mana = the Earl. It would be a supremely unsatisfying twist if it didn't.

I like this new spin on the topic a lot! Props, alexgamer!

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't see this thread until now! Of course I agree with all of the above PLUS call me sappy but I really want Allen to hear it from Mana himself that he cared. :')

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dlanor_A.Knox's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry guys!!
    But I wouldn't be happy at all if Mana=Earl!!

I just.... don't like the idea of it >.<
    They have slaughtered millions of Teemos... Pentakill is coming!!!

New Reply