Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: DGM Hang Out Thread - Part 1

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DGM Hang Out Thread - Part 1

The last chapter had 20 pages, so that was probably a warning sign... I noticed how she usually goes on hiatus after 20-page chapters (with massive cliffhangers). But on the bright side, the next chapter should have 30 pages as post-hiatus chapters usually do.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
    The last chapter had 20 pages, so that was probably a warning sign... I noticed how she usually goes on hiatus after 20-page chapters (with massive cliffhangers). But on the bright side, the next chapter should have 30 pages as post-hiatus chapters usually do.
    Well not to discredit what you've said, but actually D gray man February issue is usually always around 20 something pages.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mango-chan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's all that sweet love in the air, Hoshino and Co. are too busy stuffing their faces with candy from fans to make a longer chapter. ..... and now they all have terrible stomach aches.

Going to kill my mild disappointment with groaning about the Water Temple (The map.... it does nothing! D: ) and Psycho-Pass.

Auto-correct is a double edged sword.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

off topic: shouldn't this thread's title be DGM Hang Out Thread Part 2? since the first one is already closed... :\

on a side note, its already February, and I'll be having another month with NO DGM with the previous chapter had given me a hell of confusion, I wonder if there would be more mysteries to be unfolded...

for the mean time, I think I'll go back and read the other mangas i've missed for so long

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner practically's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh man, I almost totally forgot Hoshino designed the characters for a new mecha anime from Sunrise, and the website for it just updated with their designs, a few voice actor credits, and the first look at the main characters' voices! @3@

W-would there be any chance of a quick peek by one of the translators here at the character design notes? ;3;
    And I wonder if this has been part of why she's been taking quite a few breaks!

7. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Niko_kun's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by practically View Post
    Oh man, I almost totally forgot Hoshino designed the characters for a new mecha anime from Sunrise, and the website for it just updated with their designs, a few voice actor credits, and the first look at the main characters' voices! @3@

W-would there be any chance of a quick peek by one of the translators here at the character design notes? ;3;
    And I wonder if this has been part of why she's been taking quite a few breaks!
    Oh wowww, if you are a dgm fan you could say she made their design even if you didn't know that already!! It looks exactly like her new drawing style *-* i loved it )
    visit my brazilian D.Gray-man fan site. - www.dgraybr.blogspot.com

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice! I'm looking forward to a new anime, and I've been wanting to try mecha for a while so I'll check it out. Of course the main reason is because Hoshino is the character designer, ha ha.

I love how the characters have a Hoshino touch to them but is different at the same time. The main reason is probably because they seem to be from the future whereas DGM is set in the past. Hopefully a character sketch will be released of what she actually drew. :3

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Slightly DGM related news, I guess?

I stumbled upon a Japanese blog that took a photo of the ToC of the recent Miracle Jump issue. (ANN info about Miracle Jump)

Blog: Link

The blogger took note that the next issue's cover image will feature DGM as indicated by that small image of Allen on the back of the front cover (indicated by the red circle with the Japanese word for "here"). The image was then blown up below. Interesting to note, Miracle Jump is a bi-monthly magazine.

The blogger wonders if Hoshino is a superwoman for being able to draw a cover illustration for Miracle Jump. At the end of the post, the blogger hopes Hoshino draws a color cover for a book such as Jump SQ. (The blogger worded that a bit funny to me. I think he/she should've gone for the direct way of saying: "I want a DGM cover for SQ!!!" ^__^ Hehe...)

Now, I can see why Hoshino had a bit of a health problem last month. She was responsible for the anime character designs, Miracle Jump cover, and possibly (as fans speculate), some work on the next DGM volume. Hoshino definitely deserved the one month break for all the other projects even if she was healthy. @_@
    Last edited by tgirl; February 27, 2013 at 05:51 PM.

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tgirl View Post
    Hoshino definitely deserved the one month break for all the other projects even if she was healthy. @_@
    Hm not really.
    But it's nice to see she's still alive.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^ I can see why you would say that, but for me----since I'm pretty patient, I think I would rather have a well-rested 100% fit mangaka than a stressed out one. ^_^ The less side projects Hoshino has to deal with, the better. If she gets those out of the way, she can probably crank out more pages depending on her schedule.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mango-chan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Jump's got a new magazine coming out every other month? Nice. Maybe D.gray-man can switch over to it if Hoshino can't handle SQ in the future.

(goes back to lurking for spoilers)

Auto-correct is a double edged sword.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that I think about it, why is she working on other stuff anyway? She doesn't even manage to do her job, so why accept other jobs? I'd understand the change of pace thing if DGM was a weekly manga, but DGM is more like a quarterly manga nowadays, so yeah...it's not like she's doing her fans a service by creating some designs for an anime or posters or whatever. Not meaning to shit into everybody's cereals, but I don't want to be 50 when DGM's finished.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    Now that I think about it, why is she working on other stuff anyway? She doesn't even manage to do her job, so why accept other jobs? I'd understand the change of pace thing if DGM was a weekly manga, but DGM is more like a quarterly manga nowadays, so yeah...it's not like she's doing her fans a service by creating some designs for an anime or posters or whatever. Not meaning to shit into everybody's cereals, but I don't want to be 50 when DGM's finished.
    Money.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Niko_kun's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Im happy to see that she is doing a lot of different things... maybe dgm will move to miracle jump p
    visit my brazilian D.Gray-man fan site. - www.dgraybr.blogspot.com

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Money.
    That crossed my mind, but I don't know how much they actually pay in comparison to JumpSQ. Though even if they paid the same, I guess it's much easier to get 10 bucks for some character design than for several pages of a manga that actually require research and effort. Still, it's a shame.

New Reply
Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast