Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: DGM Hang Out Thread - Part 1

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DGM Hang Out Thread - Part 1

If they plan to touch the anime again I too would prefer a reboot. The first anime had some good instances here and there, but just wasn't really up to scratch enough for me. The animation quality was too inconsistent and some episodes that you'd think the animators would put a little more effort on they just didn't. On top of that the first animators' attention to story detail was shitty at some points which really kinda threw off some logic.If you all were paying attention to the episode where Allen and Bookman were fighting the level 3's for example. Did anyone stop to ask "how the hell was Bookman killing level 3's in masses when a couple episodes ago he couldn't even face one?". This may seem small but to me stuff like this just really got underneath my skin. Lastly i'd just ask for not as much fillers in the new adaptation. D gray man has a really tightly wrapped story so certain fillers could even become highly contradictory.

I'm actually happy the oneshot has nothing to do with d gray man. It gives me a rare opportunity to see just how versatile Hoshino is as an artist and an author. I highly anticipate its release + the dude in the kimono looks cool

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member yukilove21's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, even if they do decide to reboot the anime, it'll be after it's finished probably. They probably won't touch it now that it's on hiatus and the chapter every other month thing. I'd like to see it happen too, though.

Current obsessions: One Piece and D.Gray-man.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure I've read that Hoshino said herself she would probably allow an anime to be made again *after* she's finished the series.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Niko_kun's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys, could somebody please translate what's saying here about dgm? http://jumpsq.shueisha.co.jp/mangasyou/sc2/index14.html thank u!!!
    visit my brazilian D.Gray-man fan site. - www.dgraybr.blogspot.com

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I can translate it if you want but it's just that Hoshino's been selected to judge Jump SQ's "Big Prize" contest to find 10 new "star" mangaka, and she gives her general comments on what she's looking for. She has very high writing standards (her comments focused more on story than on art). Just as I'd expect. :')

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not about DGM. The page contains the result of a certain manga contest in which Hoshino is judging along with other mangakas and JSQ' editors.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post
    I hope so! I'm hopeful we'll hear something in the next few months. Besides her health, it's probably also the colour pages and extras for Volume 24 that have gotten her falling behind.
    That would be awesome but I'd be just as happy if they did a reboot from the start, like with FMAB.

The translation of the title "Ayakashi no Ou" is essentially "King of Spirits." I expect it has absolutely nothing to do with DGM. The only one of her one shots that does would be the pilot for DGM, Zone.
    i agree with the reboot, that would be epic, although there wasnt that much filler in the original anime, so that probably isnt likely
    as long as they dont do what inuyasha the final act did and try to summarize and abbreviate the manga into one season , i am assuming that if they do finish the story with an anime they will probably wait until the manga is complete

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Crazy thought:
    Unless Hoshino just wants to give us some Lavi tortured, why didn't Sheryl bring Wisely out to read what Bookman had in his record ?

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

No, that's an interesting thought-- not crazy at all. I suspect that Wisely's mind-reading powers just can't beat a full-fledged Bookman's mental powers. Maybe Wisely's ability would work on Lavi (like Road's did), but he clearly doesn't know about what Sherill is trying to find out.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner TokoroTennosuke's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool, another one shot manga to read from Hoshino-sensei (the other one called "Kaiten!" I also loved despite its wacky plot). Is it safe to assume that we will get the new volume of DGM by the end of April or the start of May?

Though I forgot about DGM since January, a dream about Allen and the 14th noah made me to dig today the internets and stumbled on this cozy corner, choke with information I didn't know about DGM and most importantly, about Hoshino's whereabouts and status (seriously, you need a Twitter account or something sensei, we can't wonder about your status forever - I feel like a stalker when I look up your name and surname on Google).

At least I'll rejoice on the idea that the series wasn't cancelled but merely pushed forward due to lack of pages and other editorial stuff I can't fathom.

Quote Originally Posted by non-chan View Post
    Crazy thought:
    Unless Hoshino just wants to give us some Lavi tortured, why didn't Sheryl bring Wisely out to read what Bookman had in his record ?
    I thought the same but then I assumed that Wisely was needed elsewhere and/or Sheryl doesn't want him to know that he's forcing himself to know about Neah because the Earl neglected to fill him about the past of the former 14th noah's host (poor Lavi, taken hostage since 2 years (?)
    Last edited by TokoroTennosuke; April 08, 2013 at 08:52 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

well, that's two years our time, 3 months in 'verse, but
    ya i do find it to be pretty weird that they didn't just have Wisely check out their heads instead of this rather illogical interrogation attempt with Sheryl (tho i dunno about Sheryl trying to keep it a secret that he's holding the Bookman captive, i mean they all seem to be around the ark quite a lot and i feel like it'd be difficult to keep secrets when there's literally people present who can read your mind at any given time); i mean, he was busy i guess, if we can count that brief moment we saw him out in the field with Tyki way back in chapter 211, but really

it's real strange that they wouldn't use him in that way, unless Sheryl's obsessiveness is kind of stopping them from being able to? He might be so far gone that he won't let anyone else have at the two Bookman...at this point, his goal, at the very least, might just be using them as an outlet to take out his rage (and so Hoshino can get whatever pleasure she gets from drawing Lavi in pain) over Road's disappearance and her "relationship" with the Fourteenth, and less about getting information about it?

or it might just have been happening "offscreen" and they're being held hostage as a possible gambit in the war as well, idk :'D

but heh ya wouldn't it just be great if Sensei had a fucking twitter or something ;v; i know she's more of a private person, but it'd be nice to hear how's she's doin and if she's, you know, NOT DYING or anything ;v;

it'll be cool to see this one-shot that she's been working on tho, i'd like to see if her art style has changed at all over the last few months, as it seems to be ever evolving

Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: Just some of Kakumeiki Valvrave staff's interview  show

Source: http://animeanime.jp/article/2013/04/11/13652_2.html

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Not surprisingly, it seems the producers and staff for Valvrave are huge fans of DGM. They kind of gush about how the characters of Hoshino's shounen series are loved by all ages and sexes. :P

19. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by non-chan View Post
    Spoiler: Just some of Kakumeiki Valvrave staff's interview  show

Source: http://animeanime.jp/article/2013/04/11/13652_2.html
    Well, that explains why the first episode of Valvrave went from what you'd expect in a Gundam show to......................WHAT THE!!?!?!?!!?!??!?!?! If any of you guys saw it, let's all celebrate(?) Hoshino's mind-twisting influence on Valvrave's staff's imaginations. 『D.Gray-man』が大好きな人たちが indeed.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mango-chan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Between Valvrave and the Urobutcher's Gargantia, Spring 2013 is the season of epic mech animes. Haven't been this pumped for mech since Code Geass.
    Now if only I had access to a computer so I could watch Hoshino's fanboy baby. :c
    Edit:
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Mango-chan; April 12, 2013 at 10:52 PM.

Auto-correct is a double edged sword.

New Reply
Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast