Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: DGM Hang Out Thread - Part 1

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DGM Hang Out Thread - Part 1

Quote Originally Posted by MSofAofCOCA View Post
    187 was supposed to be out on 15th? of August. So, September issue then? If I remember correctly.

On another note, another month is coming to a close, so there's hope yet!
    You must be right, i finally had the time to dig into the discussion threads and this is the point when the scanlation was out.
    Note that the raws were out a few posts before that one, so it might be really 15th.
    And then another small break and another chapter in November, the first one in Jump SQ.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

According to 「ティムのしっぽ」 (a Japanese DGM fansite I've found to be fairly reliable for info) & Shueisha themselves, no chapter in the August edition of Jump SQ. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
    Next year is DGM's 10th anniversary year so I imagine it will be a good year to be a DGM fan!
    Someone mentioned Volume 24 was coming out in January 2014? If so, they may have a big 10th Anniversary spread (like that 50-pager) in the magazine to coincide with the volume release and relaunch the series. It will drive me insane as a fan to wait that long but from the Publishers' POV I can totally see that happening as it's great PR. Especially if they've found some way Hoshino can better manage her illness while still drawing the series (digital drawing?).
    Last edited by kannazuki; June 26, 2013 at 12:31 PM.

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

JSQ has only announced series with color pages in the next issue. But I don't see DGM will return next month (my brain always tells the opposite of what I hope).

Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post
    Someone mentioned Volume 24 was coming out in January 2014? If so, they may have a big 10th Anniversary spread (like that 50-pager) in the magazine to coincide with the volume release and relaunch the series. It will drive me insane as a fan to wait that long but from the Publishers' POV I can totally see that happening as it's great PR. Especially if they've found some way Hoshino can better manage her illness while still drawing the series (digital drawing?).
    It was according to Amazon.jp and nothing can be sure, but the price is goddamn high compare to others.

btw, Hoshino had made Allen push his Innocence to its limit for the first anniversary. I will take it as an coincidence, though, still I wonder what is her plan for 10th anniversary.
    Last edited by non-chan; June 26, 2013 at 01:17 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't really blame Hoshino for putting DGM on hiatus anymore. If this is indeed the moment where the Mana/Earl/Allen stuff comes to light, Hoshino really needs to get it right. Next chapter could possibly be one of the defining moments in the manga. As she said, she knew who the Earl was from the beginning. She's been building up to this for 9 years. The last time she went on a long hiatus she formally introduced us to the Noah family, gave us the beginning of Kanda's long-awaited backstory, and showed us the Earl's true form. This hiatus is longer, so the upcoming chapters will probably be even more important than the massive Chapter 187.

It raises the question of why Hoshino goes on hiatus in the first place. Why doesn't she just keep producing shoddily-made 20-page chapters? My guess is that she goes on hiatus before important events because she doesn't trust herself to do them justice in her current state.

Things should be better for her now that she draws electronically though. It's a lot less strain on her hand and back.

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys are making the wait even more difficult!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner anyoneforthe's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Its been like 6 months since the last release yet the DGM hurt still happens at this time of month, each month without fail. its like my period This suspense is killing me. I wish I knew when wait would end

But I want Hoshino to recover Does anyone know if her illness is curable? or is her health gonna to get worse over time?

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anyoneforthe View Post
    Its been like 6 months since the last release yet the DGM hurt still happens at this time of month, each month without fail. its like my period This suspense is killing me. I wish I knew when wait would end

But I want Hoshino to recover Does anyone know if her illness is curable? or is her health gonna to get worse over time?
    Ahahaha! So true about the regularly-scheduled (sometimes erratic) monthly pain.

Although truth be told, although this is the first month I actually thought there might be something up until recently, as of a week or two ago, I somehow didn't expect anything. Now I'm preparing myself to hold out for January (hopefully at the latest). What would be really awesome is if it does start to come out soon, and leads up to a particularly big/important chapter for the January or February edition of JSQ. But I'm not getting my hopes up for that...

Don't quote me on this as I can't say for certain but if what I've seen on various sites is true, the illnesses she has are painful, crippling, and exacerbated by drawing, but not life-threatening.

*EDIT*
    btw NICE AVY!!!
    Last edited by kannazuki; June 27, 2013 at 07:10 AM.

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dlanor_A.Knox's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Anything new about dgm? I saw that Claymore already came out.
    They have slaughtered millions of Teemos... Pentakill is coming!!!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing on 2ch so it's still on hiatus.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

so yeah 6months passed again with no chapter... now I seriously dont know what kind of illness she has that would keep her that long in bed...at least they could give a small info about her health status to see if we can expect chapter anytime soon or wait till next year... anyway in the menatime hoshino should draw the chapters...pach each 2-3days so when shes better she would have like 2-3chapters ready to print ^^

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if this appropriate to ask... given the amount of time its been missing, and the fact that this is the hang out thread, but....
    wasn't there a CharaGray (or Charagure) thread in this forum?
    Last edited by anyoneforthe; July 01, 2013 at 03:45 PM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you mean this or something else?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    Do you mean this or something else?
    Nah.. There was another one. You know, for the last character poll done. I am sure it was called CharaGray or Charagure.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I vaguely recall seeing a post with the pics of a popularity poll in it (hard to be sure as I've seen those images all over the place), but I'm pretty sure it was named something else. It didn't have CharaGray as part of the title of the thread, or so I remember. Did you try the archived threads?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member verduister's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, there was a CharaGray thread. I posted a lot of translations in it, but it seems to be gone now. When I search my own posts, the CharaGray posts won't appear anymore.

New Reply
Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast