Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread: DGM Hang Out Thread - Part 1

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DGM Hang Out Thread - Part 1

There is national health insurance in Japan, but it's complicated. If I recall correctly, it mostly covers percentages and not full amounts. That may depend on income however. As for Hoshino having a job, she has been doing smaller projects for Shueisha under the Jump banner since before the hiatus began. There was the one shot, art for Valvrave, and she judged a contest for new mangaka as well, presumably before redrawing pages and doing extras for volume 24. I don't think she did any of those things for free. Then there would be royalties from merchandise (though it might not be that much). Can't tell for sure without seeing it for myself, but it seems to me like they're accommodating her illness as best they can over there. In the meantime, although I'd say it's highly unlikely she could find something to do that wouldn't involve her hands, who knows if she has other work? We have no way of knowing that. I just hope she's getting better.

*edit*

Forgot to say: it's not the same number of pages between weekly and monthly magazines, and the pacing is very different. I would much rather she stuck with monthly pacing, tbh, let alone strain herself drawing twice the pages a month.
    Last edited by kannazuki; December 28, 2013 at 01:33 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    That rumor is a fake.

Someone translated the page about D.Gray-man going to take hiatus differently. So, you don't really worry about that.
    Her oneshot and other work conflict with that anyways. So dont need a translation to know its fake. lol.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member candy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

okay so from what i just did a paper on for my class, everybody in japan has insurance whether or not they have a job. if they're unemployed or can't pay for it the government "picks up the tab" so to speak. if you work for a small company you pay half of the insurance fee and the employer pays the other half. and if employer has trouble paying half of the insurance fee the government will pick up a small percentage of their fee, meaning you still have to pay your half. if you work for a big company (which i'm betting shueisha is) you pay half and the employer pays the other half of the insurance fee with NO government subsidy at all.

now with this reported illness, i believe it was ca12nag13 (please correct me if i'm wrong, i was too lazy to look through all the pages) who said she had tendinitis. now tendinitis is a general term used to describe inflammation in the tendons. now since its affecting her ability to draw for long amounts of time its probably tendinitis in her wrist. tendinitis is painful but can be greatly reduced by icing it, taking anti-inflammatories (ex: motrin NOT tylenol [acetominophin]), resting it (which she's pretty much been doing this entire year), a cortisone shot in the wrist area, and physical therapy. now if there's so much inflammation it can lead to carpal tunnel syndrome which is when the inflammation causes the tissues in the wrist area to pushe down on the nerves there which can cause a lot of pain. wearing a wrist brace helps but in cases where it is extremely painful they will go in and do surgery. recovery times after surgery before she's able to draw again i don't know.
    Last edited by candy; December 28, 2013 at 08:11 PM.

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quantized View Post
    Oh :0 but then technically they can move it to weekly again? If it's Shueisha that is behind both magazin releases, then that should be possible without too much hassle (perhaps).
    I mean, D-Gray-Man has been gone for so long now, it's probably just as easy to market it back in a weekly magazin, than through the monthly, probably easier through the weekly considering D.Gray-Man will appear more often? Just speculating here, assuming her health gets optimal :0
    How do you expect Hoshino can handle weekly serializing even she cannot even handle monthly serializing.

Horrible Person 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome isn't just painful, it also gradually weakens your hands as well.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it's just the wrist. I remember Hoshino said there are times that it was painful just moving her own body during hospitalized (2009 hiatus).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post
    There is national health insurance in Japan, but it's complicated. If I recall correctly, it mostly covers percentages and not full amounts. That may depend on income however. As for Hoshino having a job, she has been doing smaller projects for Shueisha under the Jump banner since before the hiatus began. There was the one shot, art for Valvrave, and she judged a contest for new mangaka as well, presumably before redrawing pages and doing extras for volume 24. I don't think she did any of those things for free. Then there would be royalties from merchandise (though it might not be that much). Can't tell for sure without seeing it for myself, but it seems to me like they're accommodating her illness as best they can over there. In the meantime, although I'd say it's highly unlikely she could find something to do that wouldn't involve her hands, who knows if she has other work? We have no way of knowing that. I just hope she's getting better.

*edit*

Forgot to say: it's not the same number of pages between weekly and monthly magazines, and the pacing is very different. I would much rather she stuck with monthly pacing, tbh, let alone strain herself drawing twice the pages a month.
    Now that's a lot of yummy information, thank you
    and indeed, lets hope she gets better, even if D.Gary-Man does not return.

How do you expect Hoshino can handle weekly serializing even she cannot even handle monthly serializing.
    You my friend, should read more carefully before saying things like that. I clearly explained my thoughts, and clearly I was missing the fact that she had an illness she apparently can't recover from with current level of medicine and technology.
    Its pretty easy to see that I missed that part, no? I clearly said "..assumung her health gets optimal" in what you quoted

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Carpal Tunnel Syndrome isn't just painful, it also gradually weakens your hands as well.
    Oki that sucks :/ I suppose in that case that it will affect the whole body too?
    I guess I'm off to google it, it doesn't sound very nice though..

Horrible Person 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quantized View Post
    Oki that sucks :/ I suppose in that case that it will affect the whole body too?
    I guess I'm off to google it, it doesn't sound very nice though..
    I don't think that's the case, unless it's related to some larger condition.

Well, I think people are getting ahead of themselves since it's only ever been called tendinitis, which doesn't necessarily need to be related to it.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member leiatte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ao no Exorcirst has nothing to do with Shounen Jump since it is not Shounen Jump series.
    I know this post is a bit old, but it kind of bothered me a little, because Ao no Exorcist actually has a lot to do with Shonen Jump, its practically the Flagship series of Jump SQ, which is Shonen Jumps monthly magazine, just felt like saying that.

D. Grayman's probably going to be running for a long time, hoping Hoshino will get better soon.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by leiatte View Post
    I know this post is a bit old, but it kind of bothered me a little, because Ao no Exorcist actually has a lot to do with Shonen Jump, its practically the Flagship series of Jump SQ, which is Shonen Jumps monthly magazine, just felt like saying that.

D. Grayman's probably going to be running for a long time, hoping Hoshino will get better soon.
    Where people are referring to "Shounen Jump" above, they mostly mean Weekly Shounen Jump (WSJ) specifically and not any of the other Jump magazines. This kind of confusion is why I generally prefer to call it WSJ. (Not as likely for people to get it mixed up with the Wall Street Journal, now is it? )

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by leiatte View Post
    As Kannazuki mentioned, that game is for just Weekly Shounen Jump and not other Jump magazines (like Jump SQ, V Jump, Saikyou Jump, etc.). So, Ao no Exorcist has nothing to do with that game.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner sk6723's Avatar
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

Today I say somebody wrote on Facebook, manga will return at 2014 August. Anybody knows something about this?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Antxon Kolokon's Avatar
    Country
    Basque Country
    Post Thanks / Like

Hard to believe anything got leaked a day such as today... Is there any source?
    Those things usually appear in SQ

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sk6723 View Post
    Today I say somebody wrote on Facebook, manga will return at 2014 August. Anybody knows something about this?
    Umm...source please?
    I find it hard to believe. If DGM would really return at 2014 August, then this information got leaked out too much soon. I doubt Jump SQ editor department would plan something that far with Hoshino, unless she is really ready.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the person may have seen that a translation of volume 24 is to be released around that time and thought that meant there were new chapters. I've seen a lot of people getting that impression across the web.

New Reply
Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast