Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: Wrath of the zanpaktou

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Wrath of the zanpaktou

Last weeks chapter left us with Ichigo and Renji about to get attacked by a bunch of Asauchi with emotional problems -(one of them had tears.)

I am wondering if this training/ experiment/ reforging process that they are going through has the potential to go horribly wrong.

Im thinking that one of the asauchi attacking ichigo will start to absorb the aspect of his soul that is hollow and possibly hollowfy.
    Im thinking Ashichigo. lol.

if that happens, he doesnt have a sword how is he supposed to fight. I suppose he could pull a Matrix and grab another asauchi by the foot and swing them like a club like Neo did to agent smith.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wrath of the zanpaktou

I doubt we would actually see Ichigo's Hollow side at this point, since he merged his Shinigami and Hollow powers during his last training. Thus I can't see, why it would happen now.
    He doesn't seem to have Mask anymore. It seems that the boost from his Hollow side is always on.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    I doubt we would actually see Ichigo's Hollow side at this point, since he merged his Shinigami and Hollow powers during his last training. Thus I can't see, why it would happen now.
    He doesn't seem to have Mask anymore. It seems that the boost from his Hollow side is always on.
    I disagree, they are not always on- IF ichigo was in the same form as he was post Dangai training where his bankai was fuzed with his arm and the long chain wrapped around to his shoulder then yes, I would say its always on.

However, he has his old bankai state, I have no doubt that if he wanted to he could manifest a visored mask and fight using the mask with the two vertical black stripes.

Be proud, that after receiving my blade you still retain the shape of a human.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

DarkBankai
    Well, unless we actually see him using the mask, he doesn't have it.
    Otherwise, what was the point of him fusing his Hollow and Shinigami powers?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I am of the idea that ichigo did not quite lose his former hollow powers but rather they simply took another form. Ichigo got a change in looks thanks to his fullbring recently. His new armor, which is incorporated into his standard form, being directly related to fullbring has the implication that ichigo is actively using hollow powers. He does not have a mask anymore but instead his hollow powers are incorporated into his standard forms. He has no need to wear a mask anymore because his most basic form already incorporates his hollow powers. Things taking this turn would explain just why ichigo seems to be that much stronger than before. During the HM arc and FKT arc he needed either bankai or mask to kinda match a shikai captain or base form arrancar to a very large degree. Right now it in turn it does seem as if his shikai and bankai meet the expectations of what a catpain class bankai or shikai should be.

New Reply