Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Frankenstien & Rajak VS The Elders: What kind of fight will it be?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Frankenstien & Rajak will destroy the Elders.

5 35.71%
  • It'll be a very close battle but Franky will prevail.

7 50.00%
  • In a shocker, the Elders will previal (Until Raizel shows up and stomps them.)

0 0%
  • Other (please post)

2 14.29%
New Reply

Thread: Noblesse Chapter 269 Review

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Noblesse Chapter 269 Review

Last week poll was on how the RK-4 out fare against Team Yuri. Jury is still out on this one.

Now onto the review!

Chapter Summary

Oh, look it's raining.

This week begins with M-21 giving Tao's fake data to Mark and Yuri at the school in exchange for Shin Woo and his friends safety. The swap goes about how you'd expect with Yuri trying to double cross them and have the kids killed only to be blinded by flashbombs and find both the kids and M-21 gone. Having been made to look quite the fool Yuri, Mark, and Kelvin head out in pursuit.

Back at the big battlefield Franky sets Seira down and does a little trash talking with Siriana until the 5th Elder, who seems amused by the whole thing, pretty much declares Frankenstein the winner of the trash talking contest. Then Seira regains consciousness. As she rises Frankenstien asks if she's alright she replies that she's ok (how exactly?) and admits her emotion had gotten the better of her, and apologizes to her teacher for it. Franky assures her that her opponent would have been difficult regardless and that even he sometimes has trouble with such things. Which causes Seira to avoid eye contact to hide her profound lack of surprise.

Frankenstein then tells Seira to rest a bit and unleashes a volley of destruction on the elders. Using the cover provided by the dust and smoke to get close to them, he unleashes the dark spear in their midst. Then he goes after the 8th Elder until he's forced back by Siriana soul weapon only to deflect it into hitting the fallen 8th Elder (See this is why I hate rope darts). Then he uses the new wave of dust to try and get a shot in on the 5th Elder, the Lady Werewolf. She blocks it easily but is impressed by his style and toughness. As she faces him Frankenstein mentions that her kind know, and speak highly of, him and now that she sees him in person she knows they were right to be impressed.

As they face off the 8th Elder digs his way out of the rubble and furiously charges at Frankenstein. As the 8th Elder closes the distance the Lady Werewolf compliments Franky y's skill but questions the wisdom of coming to try and fight by himself like this. To which Siriana adds that Franky was always arrogant. But, before the 8th reaches Franky, cuts appear all over the 8th Elder's body and his charge is deflected to the side.

Frankenstein smugly informs the Elders that he has no idea what they are talking about because he didn't come alone; and Rajak appears beside him.

Chapter Review

Hahaha, you don't say?!

Substance

I was expecting that we'd get more Frankenstein action than we really did this week. This first stage of his showdown with the Elders seem like more talking than fighting. Now that Rajak's here hopefully things can get a little more serious.

I'm not going to make any big conclusions yet on how serious a fight this is going to be for Frankenstein because nobody seems to be getting serious just yet. The 8th Elder is an enhanced human but hasn't shifted form. Siriana has been swinging around his soul weapon but hasn't done anything "big" with it. Then there is the 5th Elder, the Lady Werewolf, who didn't launch a single attack at Frankenstein or Seira and seems completely unconcerned by the whole situation. In fact she even appears to be enjoying herself.

One thing that I must mention as a negative though is how uninjured Seira suddenly is. She looked beaten half to death and, after a one minute nap, now seems fresh as a daisy. I mean, come on now.

For those that enjoy Yuri looking like an idiot *reviewer raises hand* this chapter provided an excellent moment. In losing his hostages to a well times flashbomb team Yuri went from having the advantage to being faced with a much more even battle. Because there is really only one place RK-4 could be taking Shin Woo and his friends, and that's to Frankenstien's house. Where Tao would get added to RK-4's fighting force. Which makes the impending battle a much prettier picture for the RK-4; and it all happened because Yuri was careless.

Presentation

I heard this chapter was a late release because the author and artist were sick and some of the art makes me see why it was late. The combat art was solid, for the most part but the detail work and lighting and shading touches were noticeably absent in most panels and Siriana's soul weapon looked downright ugly at times. Which is probably a direct result of struggling with illness and the deadline.

Pacing was not as fast as I'd wished for. Starting the chapter with the RK-4 as opposed to Frankenstein was an interesting choice but I think it worked out. Especially since that scene was very fast paced. Frankenstein's fight also seemed to me to have overdone the dialogue a bit. I have no objection mid-fight banter but the pauses seemed too drawn out at times.

Overall Rating

A bit of a letdown, honestly. This chapter wasn't so much an epic battle as it was skirmish as the story works it's way up the epic battle. It also had more than it's share of presentation issues, mainly artwork. Still, it was an enjoyable read.

I give it a 3 out of 5

Predictions Section

New Prediction

Can't think of anything interesting this week, sorry.

Old Predictions: (22 Wins/ 27 Losses)

None proven or disproven.

Spoiler: Ongoing show
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

2. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Chapter 269 Review

I agree with everything you've said but didn't the 5th elder outright said that Franken is tougher than them??

I wonder how Franken is actually able to keep cool even though he is facing someone who betrayed his master.
    Rajak's entrance was cool and like I said he and Franken will make a great tag team.Evn though Rajak is a new clan leader his speed is not healthy for any opponent.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mohsen View Post
    I agree with everything you've said but didn't the 5th elder outright said that Franken is tougher than them??

I wonder how Franken is actually able to keep cool even though he is facing someone who betrayed his master.
    Rajak's entrance was cool and like I said he and Franken will make a great tag team.Evn though Rajak is a new clan leader his speed is not healthy for any opponent.
    She did say that but that statement is more vague than it might sound. I can't say for certain what the original Korean phrasing is but as it was phrased in all three translations it seems highly unclear exactly what she means.
    • Does she mean tougher than all of them together or individually?
    • Does she mean tougher as in "can take more punishment" or tougher as in "stronger"?
    • Does she mean tougher as in "more bold" for fighting all three up close?
    • In saying "tougher than we are" did she mean "tougher than a union elder" or "tougher than a werewolf"?

See the comment is actually more vague than it might seem. At least in English it is. For now I take it to mean she's complimenting him but I'm not taking too much else out of it just yet. Don't get me wrong I figure Franky is probably stronger than them, at least individually, but I'm not at all sure that's what she was actually saying. Especially considering a moment later she turns around and seems to suggest that, even strong as he is, fighting all three of them alone was terrible a mistake.
    Last edited by Jammin; January 29, 2013 at 01:24 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member strixflash's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review!
    Yes. I think she just wanted to praise him by saying he's tough, but in no sense she meant that she was weak. It was just a play of words.
    When I first saw the artwork, I was disappointed mainly because of the lack of details used for dark spear. Also, from last few chapters, 8th elder has lost the smoking tubes on his face which he once had. But, I think the news of artist's health was more shocking..... Hope he gets well soon.

Franky made a good move by staying (or pretending) calm. He didn't let Zarga find out about his reunion with his master. If he had acted like a berserkr, then Zarga would have realized that Franky knows about the events of 820 years ago, and ultimately about the existence of Rai.

I would be disappointed if Franky & Ragar overpowers the traitor clan leader and werewolf elder.

On side note: Do you think M-21 will awaken in this arc after realizing about Mark & seeing his friends in danger? Will he meet 5th Elder?

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for another review Jammin -

Regarding
    Quote Quote:
    the question of I agree with everything you've said but didn't the 5th elder outright said that Franken is tougher than them??
    I think the meaning is lost in translation or probably hard to convert from the original. I think Jammin hit the possible scenarios well in the points he mentioned.

I thought she was saying that line in reference to Frankenstein 'aggressiveness' in the battle. Namely, attacking all three elders, which is rather bold or being tough. Perhaps its also something like even the warevolves dare not do. So she says he is toughger than us. At least that was my take on in reference with the battle. Otherwise - the translation just doesn't hold much water.

For the poll I went with # 2 option - I'd like to see a nice tough battle. Thus-far, the union has been getting themselves beaten too easily.

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mister K's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the post, Jammin.

I thorougly agree with the mentioned flaw of having Seira's clothes suddenly unharmed despite the shock she received in the previous chapter, I found it ridiculous. Also, how can remain so many buildings intacted? The whole zone should be devastated after what we've saw in the previous chapter.

However, despite some people critiquize it sometimes, I like some talk brakes instead of full action as long as this chat provide some infout about the characters, but it doesn't seem quite to be the case, I found this chapter completely previsible excepting the move of RK4, I just loved to see Yuri pissed off since I'm used to see always his giggle.

I've been always wondering why all the battles are held on the roof of the buildings in the middle of the city at night? It is always the same scenario, it is one of the main flaws I find in Noblesse: the author never tought of changing the scenarios. At this rate, the whole Seoul will be erased including PSY district preventing them from making the world to suffer another 'Gagnam style'

Hope the artist get well soon
    Last edited by Mister K; January 29, 2013 at 03:11 PM.

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Thanks for another review Jammin -

Regarding
    I think the meaning is lost in translation or probably hard to convert from the original. I think Jammin hit the possible scenarios well in the points he mentioned.

I thought she was saying that line in reference to Frankenstein 'aggressiveness' in the battle. Namely, attacking all three elders, which is rather bold or being tough. Perhaps its also something like even the warevolves dare not do. So she says he is toughger than us. At least that was my take on in reference with the battle. Otherwise - the translation just doesn't hold much water.
    The translation is fine, but before the mention of his "toughness" she first refers to his combat style. A "tough combat style" is rather different than calling him tough as a whole. It sounds to me she's just saying how ruthless he is compared to the calculating and strategical methods used by the elders. So yes, aggressiveness is a right word to use in that context.

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Blackdynamite410's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still undecided on the poll. I have no doubt that Franken is stronger than Zarga, he might be stronger than the fifth but I honestly don't think that Rajak can match either one. Zarga treated Seiras father like a child so Im not syure how much better a clan leader with an incomplete soul weapon will do.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I was right that Rajak shoved the 8th Elder aside, although I expected Rajak to kill the 8th Elder quickly.

Zarga was unimpressive with getting fooled with by Franky in a scene reminiscent to how Franky was duping the 10th Elder and Bonerre into attacking the 11th Elder.

I liked the review and you made some good points this week. It was disappointing that Seira seems to be more or less healed now. Rajak's clearly much stronger than Seira, but I could see it being Franky vs Zarga and Rajak and Seira against the Lady Werewolf. Originally, I'd thought that Franky would take both Zarga and the Lady Werewolf, but now that two Clan Leaders are there, probably not. Rajak may fare better against the Lady Werewolf than he could've against Franky, who is quite the perceptive combatant. I don't know if she could just break his Cloud Invisiblity move, which Franky had actually broken immediately when Rajak's father had used it.

Unfortunately, Franky never really has tough battles. Rajak, the 12th Elder, and the 11th and 10th Elders weren't on Franky's level. He just screwed around and wasted time. I would hope that this battle is significantly tougher, but as Franky could still play around with Zarga's Soul Weapon, I don't know. It does appear that the Lady Werewolf is the strongest opponent, so logically, Franky should face her, but last round, Franky killed the 11th Elder while leaving Seira to face the 10th Elder, although Seira didn't finish the battle.

You'd think that Seira and Rajak would want to kill Zarga, but I don't know if that'll work out for them, so I think it makes more sense for them to face the Lady Werewolf and either lose narrowly or end up at a stalemate, and then have Franky, Rai, or someone else finish off the Lady Werewolf.

There is a prediction that you can make, Jammin. Will Yuri survive this battle? He's survived every time so far, but this could possibly be the one where he dies. In truth, as he appears to be Crombell's chief lieutenant, the chances of Yuri dying to someone other than Franky are pretty low. I still think that Yuri's probably around the level of the 10th Elder.

Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdynamite410 View Post
    I'm still undecided on the poll. I have no doubt that Franken is stronger than Zarga, he might be stronger than the fifth but I honestly don't think that Rajak can match either one. Zarga treated Seiras father like a child so Im not syure how much better a clan leader with an incomplete soul weapon will do.
    Seeing Franken being at ease and knwoing about Rajak's strength I think it is safe to assume that Rajak will do great against any of his opponents. I mean Rajak like his father forced Franken to loose control and make the DS take Franken over. SO someone who fared pretty well against Franken even in his Berserk form will do good against any creature he will face.

Franken even said that Ragar can rest at ease with a successor like Rajak.

About the point that the 5th and 7th elder could be further enhanced. I doubt it cause the Union would have to have found an enhancement that would be superior to a SW. Seeing that the elders don't even know what the DS is tells me that the Union doesn't have something that surpasses a SW. This leads me to believe that it wouldn't make a clan leader stronger to enhance themselves with soemthing which is inferior to their already aqquired power.

The elders are screwed Franken got the better of them by still being considered being sane. As soon as Franken activates his I have to kill the ones who harmed my master mode the elders will wish that they would have never met Franken in their life.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Blackdynamite410's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Good points made about Rajak. I still expect Lady Werewolf to be a big threat but Rajak should be able to put on a good showing. Maybe oart of Zargas advantage is that he already knows the techniques of the clan leaders. If Rajak has come up with something original then it would do him some good, especially since Franken already saw through his techniques when they fought.

Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

It seemed to me like the lady werewolf meant Franky was stronger than each of them individually, but she thought it was a mistake of him to try to take on all 3 of them at once.

New Reply