Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: What is awaiting Unohana in the future?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Death

30 28.57%
  • Back to her spot as 4th Squad Captain. No more fighting.

22 20.95%
  • She will get to fight a Quincy and show us what that Bankai is.

30 28.57%
  • She will be given an off-paneled victory against the Quincy the way Kenpachi was given.

1 0.95%
  • Training is not over yet. She will heal herself to showcase more skills.

8 7.62%
  • Training is not even started yet. They will now begin working on sword styles.

14 13.33%
New Reply
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 526 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 526 Discussion / 527 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post
    I don't know, if 5 Royal Guards add up to more than 1 Yamamoto, 1 Unohana, Sasakibe, 11 other Captains, 12 other VCs etc, etc, I'm inclined to think they must at least be on Unohana's level. They're more likely even stronger imo. But you have a point in that if the RG rose from the Captains, which at least one of them did, and Unohana has always been the 2nd most powerful Captain, they should be weaker than her. But then, the title of Kenpachi doesn't automatically go to the strongest guy around. They have to actually take the steps of challenging and killing the current Kenpachi. It's possible stronger individuals have come and gone who simply weren't interested in being Kenpachi, because the life of fighting with brute force didn't suit them. Yamamoto and Unohana are examples of it, albeit special cases. Hikifune may well have been stronger than the 10th Kenpachi and Unohana, but been more devoted to researching the technology she eventually created that led to her becoming a RG in the first place. Another possibility is that the Soul King actually does something to the RG when they are inducted that makes them so powerful, similar to how Aizen turned Hollows into Arrancar. SK may have bestowed them with new powers in some way.
    Didn't kyoraku outright state that the first generation of G13 is unsurpassed. If this is true then 5 RG members could really be> G13. I mean if Yama-jii and the other captains fight together than most of the G13 captains would get killed by Yama-jiis power. The only ones I can see surviving the power of Yama-jii and able to stand near him are Shunsui,Ukitake and Unohype. The other captains would simply be burnt to ashes.Then we know that Shunui's ban release is not fit to being used when there are a lot of people cause it might effect them too in some way.

In the end it would be RG vs. Yama-jii,Shunsui,Ukitake and Unohype.So it really is true that the RG are together stronger than the G13 members. I mean the power of the RG's could compliment each other but the power of Yama-jii is not compatible besides with strong characters around him. Everyone else would bite the dust.
    Last edited by Mohsen; February 15, 2013 at 12:26 PM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Yama-ji and Unohana are two of the original founders to the Gotei 13. As Kubo wrote it, based on what Juha Bach revealed, they were just "Divisions". Therefor, each person had something to contribute to the actual group. Yama-ji happened to be the "strongest" of the entire group to a point that he was unrivaled by the others. And, Kubo never said or revealed that the other original members died or if, any others might've became "Royal Guard" members. It is possible, that some of them did die, because once your part of the organization you either, retire, take leave of absence, exiled or your promoted to the "Royal Guard". As we learned in the "Turn Back The Pendulum Arc".

To say that, Unohana doesn't deserve the title of "Kenpachi" is ridiculous, being that the idea of it was founded by her. Plus, she not only created the 11th Division for the said title, but left it for someone else to take over. The real question is, why did Unohana become the 4th Division Captain later on?. Was it because of her encounter with the younger Zaraki and the joy she felt during that fight. And because said "joy" or whatever, was never felt again?.

Unohana is being written here with the same character traits as Zaraki. The difference between the two is, Zaraki continued to seek fights because he "forgot" his original self as a youth, where as, Unohana never lost it or forgot it. What kind of person Zaraki will be now, after this battle is over, will be something else to see. I wonder if, Zaraki and Ichigo will have their rematch and if, Unohana really, really dies (i so hope not), who will take over the 4th division....?.

p.s., I think, Kubo planned this a long time ago, because I re-read Bleach: Chapter 114 and after Zaraki loses to Ichigo, Yachiru comes down and tells him Unohana is quickly on her way to him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FetherMan View Post
    p.s., I think, Kubo planned this a long time ago, because I re-read Bleach: Chapter 114 and after Zaraki loses to Ichigo, Yachiru comes down and tells him Unohana is quickly on her way to him.
    It was definitely planned. Yachiru was mentioned 400 chapters ago before appearing, and Unohana hasn't had a fight or a scene with Kenpachi in the entire manga. Anyone who says otherwise is just butthurt. Doubly so for those who say Unohana isn't fit to be Kenpachi. She just killed the current one more times than we can count.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe that the title Kenpachi is given to a being who is strongest in the sword fight WITHOUT using shikai and bankai! If Shunshui CAN'T use both his shikai and bankai then he is no doubt weaker than Zaraki from my point of view. However in the battle death or alive, people are forced to use bankai vs bankai, and Unohana's bankai is no where close to old man Yam's bankai or maybe even Aizen's bankai & Shunshui's bankai.

In the latest chapter, I believe that both Unohana and Zaraki get killed if they fight the transcendental beings like Isshin, Ichigo and Aizen (almost achieved transcendental status) or Yam with his bankai. As someone stated the RG members got their upgrade power from the soul-king, I think especially the head of the RG (big fat monk) maybe have the power equivalence to Aizen with hogyoku or FGT Isshin/Ichigo and even Yam's bankai couldn't reach this new level of power. I mean old man Yam stopped his evolution when he took control of SS, he only refined his bankai and he failed to reach a higher new dimensional plane of transcendental power because no one could challenge him. He might be the strongest of the last few thousand years but not the strongest being of all time.

I realized that I am merely a conscience programmed into a game.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member im over hyped's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

long time lurker. i was biting my tongue throughout the years with all the BS that happens in the big 3 manga. i hate when a character is hyped, then end up being fodder and dying a shit "death". i guess claymore is the only manga where women are strong and cool. with all the injuries people go through in bleach simple stab wounds shouldn't be fatal. if retsu is not dead she better redeem herself so she doesn't have the same dishonor as horribel and konan. if retsu dies then her only use is hentai.

p.s

this was a terrible first post [im sorry], i was just mad typing it. i just hate when strong female characters don't get enough respect or mishandled by authors.
    Last edited by im over hyped; February 15, 2013 at 10:36 PM.
    I used to be a great female character, but then i took a sword to the chest twice by a imbecile .

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mohsen View Post
    Didn't kyoraku outright state that the first generation of G13 is unsurpassed. If this is true then 5 RG members could really be> G13. I mean if Yama-jii and the other captains fight together than most of the G13 captains would get killed by Yama-jiis power. The only ones I can see surviving the power of Yama-jii and able to stand near him are Shunsui,Ukitake and Unohype. The other captains would simply be burnt to ashes.Then we know that Shunui's ban release is not fit to being used when there are a lot of people cause it might effect them too in some way.

In the end it would be RG vs. Yama-jii,Shunsui,Ukitake and Unohype.So it really is true that the RG are together stronger than the G13 members. I mean the power of the RG's could compliment each other but the power of Yama-jii is not compatible besides with strong characters around him. Everyone else would bite the dust.
    Well, I don't think anyone has that scenario in mind when they say RG>G13. In a straight fight on a small battlefield, Yama's Bankai would render Hitsugaya's useless and probably roast all VCs and lower ranks accidentally, and probably any Captain who got too close for too long. Shunsui's Bankai is supposed to be troublesome. Soifon's Bankai would explode in everyone's face, Byakuya's would mince people who got in the way, Komamura's would probably step on someone and Mayuri's would poison anyone lucky enough to survive all that. Phew. Anyway, what I'm saying is that in that kind of situation the G13 would just ruin themselves, but you couldn't really credit the RG with any of it. When they say the RG are more powerful, I think it literally means they pack more power than all the Captains, VCs, seated officers and grunts, all between the 5 of them. None of them technically have to be any stronger than Yama for that to be the case, either.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FetherMan View Post
    Hmm, now I don't know about that...

Unohana was the resident healer at the time so isn't to be expected that she comes to heal her teammate? More notably a fellow Captain injured by a strange Ryoka? Plus the translation I read said Yachiru called her up so...yeah, I don't know about that.

I don't doubt that something was planned out with "Yachiru" and Kenpachi, but this was sort of dropped on us and makes this whole thing a little hard to believe this specific outcome was planned. A hint at there relationship sprinkled somewhere throughout the 400 chapters would have made this a much easier pill to swallow. Hell, they both were in Huenco Mundo, he could have hinted at something then, either during the Kenpachi vs. Nnoitra fight or right before she leaves with Ichigo. Both would have been prime real estate to set up or hint at a relationship.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

the name Zaraki gave to the 2nd Yachiru should have given this away from pretty much the start we also know from the name that its a women's name so actually yes this was planned, pretty much since we 1st learned anything about Zaraki.
    Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sky Render's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

If I remember correctly, Kubo did say that he wanted to write kenpachi's backstory for a long time.

In any case, please remember that serialized shonen manga is a very limited medium. You can't plan 400 chapters ahead without making that plan a very sketchy, thinly foreshadowed one. I mean, Kubo didn't know if his manga would make it to this point. There were plans to end Bleach after Aizen's defeat, with this page being the very last one of the manga.

Which makes you think how the actual manga is going to end. Expect a LOT of loose ends.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The problem I see is: How can Unohana move her hand to heal herself, when her nerves in the neck are severed? :P We saw with Hyori that she is a great healer, even if she could not clean the reiatsu impurities of Byakuya and Ichigo, but heal herself after getting a 1 hit K.O. to the neck like Zaraki recieved earlier on, that's another story. Her bankai could have an auto-Phoenix Down ability though.

Mohsen:
    Unohype? More like Unoread? She killed the acting Kenpachi hundreds of times already, all the while he got stronger and stronger. How can there be hype, if we have evidence of her performing extraordinary?
    Last edited by Schabrak; February 16, 2013 at 07:21 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

since they are currently in the mugen,I think we are going to see aizen again. it'd be cool if he told unohana something about her legendary strength,or the fact he deceived juha bach.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

If only Aizen was a good guy this could all have been a illusion that brought Kenpachi up to his ability. That is wishful thinking though. I am kind of disapointed inn one aspect and that is that Unohanas hinted at personality was on display for such a short while. I would like it for both to return to the surface and if she had to die, at least it would be while putting fear into the Quincys.
    This chapter though was great for me, the visual art was some of the best I have seen so far and the training method was refreshing. Instead of taking short cuts to a skill that would be unobtainable they simply brought up what was inside of Kenny. A dark and lovely ending to that story.
    Meh

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MBVC View Post
    I believe that the title Kenpachi is given to a being who is strongest in the sword fight WITHOUT using shikai and bankai! If Shunshui CAN'T use both his shikai and bankai then he is no doubt weaker than Zaraki from my point of view.
    Yeah, pretty much this. It's about basic raw strength. In this day and age you can still be a master swordsman, but people with guns are very likely to beat you anyway.
    A title for the strongest brute combatant.

Besides, the title Kenpachi is just an official title, if you're the champion of for example the UFC or whatever, that doesn't mean you are necessarily the strongest/best.

Is Unohana dead though? Let's wait and see, she used her Bankai so maybe it won't be that easy. If she has to die just let it be against the Quincy.
    And I don't see how her Bankai would be explained as she's dying. Or does Kubo think it's already been hinted at enough?
    Then again she did say goodbye so I'm not getting my hopes up that much.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member im over hyped's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    The problem I see is: How can Unohana move her hand to heal herself, when her nerves in the neck are severed? :P We saw with Hyori that she is a great healer, even if she could not clean the reiatsu impurities of Byakuya and Ichigo, but heal herself after getting a 1 hit K.O. to the neck like Zaraki recieved earlier on, that's another story. Her bankai could have an auto-Phoenix Down ability though.

Mohsen:
    Unohype? More like Unoread? She killed the acting Kenpachi hundreds of times already, all the while he got stronger and stronger. How can there be hype, if we have evidence of her performing extraordinary?
    im pretty sure all the captains can kill kenpachi one way or the other hundreds of times. the only difference is that kenpachi will stay dead since the other captains aren't healers [well, if you consider the malpracticing 12th squad captain a healer lol]. retsu has been hyped throughout the series by way of everyone fearing her. retsu has shown nothing worth while in my opinion currenly. her filler fight with her fake self was more entertaining [i loved the fake retsu's evil laugh]. maybe if retsu was alucard like while grinding fear deep into his bones while crushing his body to mush to show him how foolish he is. my fear is kenpachi will becoming goku and make everyone else useless.

p.s

i love retsu's character, its just how she is being handled currently that making me mad. im preparing myself for the worst.
    Last edited by im over hyped; February 16, 2013 at 11:08 AM.
    I used to be a great female character, but then i took a sword to the chest twice by a imbecile .

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Marche's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Can someone post me what Kubo said about Unohana in the interview that happened at the beginning of this last arc???
    I even want to know in which chapter she showed her shikai, when she healed the vice-captain.
    Can someone help me????

New Reply
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast