Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: What is awaiting Unohana in the future?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Death

30 28.57%
  • Back to her spot as 4th Squad Captain. No more fighting.

22 20.95%
  • She will get to fight a Quincy and show us what that Bankai is.

30 28.57%
  • She will be given an off-paneled victory against the Quincy the way Kenpachi was given.

1 0.95%
  • Training is not over yet. She will heal herself to showcase more skills.

8 7.62%
  • Training is not even started yet. They will now begin working on sword styles.

14 13.33%
New Reply
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 526 Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 526 Spoiler Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Render View Post
    Rule of iron: don't use poetry in your shonen manga. Don't try to do something even a little higher than the clichéd whacky training. Don't try to exploit the medium you are working to its full extent, making use of the space as a narrative tool. Don't for the love of Zeus, try to be subtle and meaningful.

People will hate you.
    I'm more bothered by the fact that her entire role here was to be an older version of Kenpachi but meant to die to give him a boost. Poetry aside, she really needs to set her priorities straight and become more than fodder after, I dunno, 400 chapters of hype? Knowing Kenpachi, Unohana's role will end up being inconsequential unless he does mature a bit after this fight, but his influence in the plot and story is already minuscule, he hasn't done enough to warrant a place among those characters that have influenced the fleshing out of the story.
    This might come in handy. Maybe one in more analysis to come:

The Thousand Year Blood War buildup and recap:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post3091160

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Toby_Temple's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I do not understand Unohana's bankai!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
    NO to KUROSAKI ICHIGO USING a BOW!!!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Firebird0ne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree that if this is the end of Unohana, the most mysterious, unexplained and awesome FEMALE character in Bleach (read 'not loud, obnoxious, domineering or ridiculous damsel in distress'), it is a complete waste in that it really accomplished nothing. Great, Kenpachi got stronger, but the Gotei also just lost a powerful captain and their best healer. The quincys should attack now and level the remaining captains. They wouldn't stand a chance, even with the 'new and improved' Kenpachi. I can't believe I stayed up to read this annoying waste of pages.

I really hope he gets back to Ichigo, Renji, Byakuya and Rukia in the spirit dimension now. That Unohana/Kenpachi battle was a real disappointment.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sky Render's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Try to read between the goddamn lines, for crying out loud.

This chap is the reason I read Bleach and not Fairy Tail.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 526 Discussion / 527 Predictions

http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/526/11
    For the moment, i was expecting a Kenpachi's Zan name to be revealed, but oh well.

Nothing is over yet, but now i realy think she's gonna die, so Zaraki will have a moto to beat the crap out of Bah ( or whoever his nemesis in this arc) with impresion like "She didnt died for nothing."

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member StarkPoseidon's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

You have completely and utterly misunderstood me, I fear.
    Hm? I thought I understood you perfectly.

I was just saying the mind-reading was stupid (not poetic, dunno why I wrote that) and a bankai explanation would have been better in its place. That bit adds absolutely nothing to the chapter or to the plot as a whole.

That comment of mine had nothing to do with your comment lol, just my impression of that page(s). I, for one, could have done without that specific portion of the chapter.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

who wants to bet her bankai is a dream... would explain the instantaneous healing after deaths that zenpachi experienced and why he was talking about dreaming in the chapter

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't really believe Zaraki killed her til it's actually confirmed, and even then I think I would doubt it a little. But more importantly, what exactly did Unohana's Bankai do? It look like it just turnt bloody.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sky Render's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Just so you know: when Kubo draws the characters melting away, he's trying to do a visual methaphor that echoes this chapter.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Try to read between the goddamn lines, for crying out loud.

This chap is the reason I read Bleach and not Fairy Tail.
    This chapter will add nothing in the long run unless a miracle happens, it barely even had any new character development even, just reaffirmed to the absolute maximum that the Kenpachi really loves to fight. Kenpachi will have to step up and do something that influences the story or characters, and live up to his War Asset status and not just because of strength alone, but in the sense Aizen and Ichigo did.
    This might come in handy. Maybe one in more analysis to come:

The Thousand Year Blood War buildup and recap:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post3091160

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Necron's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It is always hilarious to me when Kubo writes as if his manga is a theatrical play, while the actual plot of the manga and the acting of the characters is stupid.

And how many times do I have to say this ... Unohana WILL NOT DIE! Seriously people what the hell are you thinking? This is Bleach and with the miraculous exception of Yamamoto no good character dies in this manga, especially when sparring with another good guy...
    I'm just going to quote something that somebody here posted last week (I just can't remember who, sorry)

"Unohana will not be able to resume her duties as a captain and there is a chance she might not wake up" - Wich translated from Kubo to english means: She will back once the bad guys appear again at the latest.
    My Deviant Art
    But don't expect any Manga drawing here, haven't done that in a long time.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member StarkPoseidon's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NoSalvation View Post
    who wants to bet her bankai is a dream... would explain the instantaneous healing after deaths that zenpachi experienced and why he was talking about dreaming in the chapter
    Lol, I was just about to update my post and write this as a theory.

Perhaps this is a possibility and perhaps Kubo's gonna explain her bankai later on. Considering that even Byakuya had a "Farewell" said to him before and he surivived, I wouldn't be surprised if Unohana survived too and we found out that her bankai had something to do with it.

Dreaming, disintegration of bodies, what the hell is up with her bankai lol...

Well whatever, my rage has passed...now that I think about it, maybe we will see more of Unohana...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

if unohana was part of the very first batch of captains and she was the first kenpachi, and kenpachis must either kill or raise the next kenpachi, and she was destined to raise zaraki kenpachi, then what the fuck happened with the kenpachis who existed between the time frame of yachiru kenpachi and zaraki kenpachi? Something tells me unohana will be zaraki's zanpakuto.
    Last edited by ulquihorror; February 13, 2013 at 03:10 AM.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay...just got mindfucked!!! So did Unohana release her Bankai, or didn't she?!?! It looks from what Kenpachi said that her releasing her Bankai was just something he was imagining, and it didn't really happen! And if she really did, how come her flesh melted away too?

Anyways, I don't think this is the end of Unohana; the "farewell" delivered by Unohana could have equally been for Unohana delivering a fatal blow to Kenpachi. I know she's been delivering fatal blows and then healing him up until now, but perhaps now he needs a fatal blow delivered to him and for her to walk away; this would more-than-likely result in him begging for her to heal him again, to which she'd say "I'm not going to fight an opponent who doesn't go all out", tipping him over the edge and causing him to release his subconscious shackles completely...
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member meeedoooz's Avatar
    Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

this doesn't make any sense , and why does either of them has to die ?
    a story that can reach the hearts of people all around the world no matter what their culture or background is and be their favorite is truly and definitely a masterpiece . i hope you last a bit more Naruto. thanks Kishi for the most epic manga

New Reply
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast