Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: What is awaiting Unohana in the future?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Death

30 28.57%
  • Back to her spot as 4th Squad Captain. No more fighting.

22 20.95%
  • She will get to fight a Quincy and show us what that Bankai is.

30 28.57%
  • She will be given an off-paneled victory against the Quincy the way Kenpachi was given.

1 0.95%
  • Training is not over yet. She will heal herself to showcase more skills.

8 7.62%
  • Training is not even started yet. They will now begin working on sword styles.

14 13.33%
New Reply
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: Bleach 526 Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member StarkPoseidon's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 526 Discussion / 527 Predictions

Can someone tell me why the discussion has moved to Unohana's age? Too lazy to look back and read lol...

Predictions:

-We're gonna cut to Ichigo and Renji.
    -There will be more revelations on Zanpuktous and Asauchi.
    -These revelations will lead back to the Unohana vs Kenpachi fight....perhaps ending with Kenpachi's Zanpuktou finally revealing its name to him.
    -Kenpachi then refuses to finish Unohana off. She then heals herself or something...I dunno...

I want to say that we'll find out why Ichigo's bankai cannot be stolen...although, come to think of it, the reason for that could just be the same reason for why only Bach could steal Yamamoto's bankai...

Would be a boring reason...

Quote Originally Posted by DraMas26 View Post
    Found the interview. I think it was in UNMASKED:

So yeah looks like the 10th Divison captain or whoever Kubo was referring to is alive.

Oh yeah then Kubo tooks about another XXX or whatever who may be the same person:

Somebody typed this all up on another forum from Unmasked and I just copy pasted it BTW.
    Like Morlun said, all this just SCREAMS Isshin. Although, my prediction was that Isshin was a former Royal Guard (thus explaining Ichigo's insane power levels).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

So yeah looks like the 10th Divison captain or whoever Kubo was referring to is alive.

Oh yeah then Kubo tooks about another XXX or whatever who may be the same person:

Somebody typed this all up on another forum from Unmasked and I just copy pasted it BTW.
    I'm guessing it was Isshin with Kuukaku Shiba, notice how she's missing an arm and is an outsider of SS?

We're predicting you Kubo, we are predicting you.

I'm guessing the Shiba got in trouble for whatever reason, like Isshin having an illegitimate child with a Quincy or whatever. In the resulting chaos Kuukaku lost her arm and Isshin fled.

And if so, what if SS would find out about Ichigo being that illegitimate child? Bach would step in and remind him he is a half-Quincy and should join them.
    On top of that, what if Bach is related to Masaki, or atleast knew her?
    The situation would be even more difficult for Ichigo.
    Last edited by Notak; February 19, 2013 at 03:44 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for taking your time finding this interview, I hope Kubo shows this mysterious ex-captain of 10th division.

Kubo: Uh-huh. XX is XX. XXX is who was assistant captain of 10th Company at the time was a candidate to be promoted to captain, but...

And is I understand from this sentence, he also had a lieutenant who was captain material, and that means one more Bankai character

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

oh thanks. But at this point,if the previous 10th captain is alive holds no meaning,it may be isshin but its very unlikely. I doubt we will have infos from the royal guards, maybe nor from the shinigami. Since szayelaporro is involved with hitsugaya's predecessor,I guess we will have to wait for the hueco mundo!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    oh thanks. But at this point,if the previous 10th captain is alive holds no meaning,it may be isshin but its very unlikely. I doubt we will have infos from the royal guards, maybe nor from the shinigami. Since szayelaporro is involved with hitsugaya's predecessor,I guess we will have to wait for the hueco mundo!
    How did you determine this?
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lee.J.Baxter View Post
    How did you determine this?
    Probably something from the novel, so 100% filler.^^
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Or he really merged with his Zanpakuto, thus, can use its ability without even having the sword.
    Actually, I think an explanation of how Aizen is using his KS without his Zanpakutou will be explained shortly via the Ichigo & Renji vs Asauchi subplot. As far as we know, Shinigami haven't always fought with Shikai and Bankai (not until the Asauchi was invented); so the question is, how did a Shinigami fight back then?

Well, the way I see it is that a Zanpakutou acts as a conduit to a being's core powers, just as a Hollow mask does; both of these objects provide a manifestation of their user's core powers (where a Zanpakutou provides a Shikai, Bankai and Resurreccion, whereas a Hollow Mask manifests the powers as a physical transformation to the user's body). However, it may be possible to access these core powers without either of these objects. I think Aizen has learnt how to manifest his powers in the same way that the ancient Shinigami did.

For example, Yamamoto displayed this to some degree whenever he released his spiritual pressure; even though his Zanpakutou was in its sealed form, he could still use his core powers to some extent as his Reiatsu was emitted as flames. I bet that he could have learnt to fully manifest his core powers without a Zanpakutou had they not been invented.
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

8. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

This might be a stupid question but do we know why Ichigo's bankai can't be stolen?

Coz I reckon we'll find that out too through the Renji + Ichigo vs Asauchi fight...

Although, having said that, I think Ichigo's bankai can't be stolen coz he hasn't had an opponent who's powerful enough. Bach had already used up his medallion on Yama.

But Haschwald didn't even try to use his medallion on Ichigo, so I'm thinking that's not all there is to it....

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StarkPoseidon View Post
    But Haschwald didn't even try to use his medallion on Ichigo, so I'm thinking that's not all there is to it....
    The only possible explanation would be that Haschwald already knew his power was inferior to that of Ichigo's, but I'm not really sure if that was the case.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The only possible explanation would be that Haschwald already knew his power was inferior to that of Ichigo's, but I'm not really sure if that was the case.
    Yea, I agree. I don't think any regular person can cut a Bankai, let alone Ichigo's bankai. On that basis, I'd say Haschwald is Ichigo's equal at least (would that be a stretch?).

I want there to be more to it than just about power overcoming power.

Another thing the Asauchi fight can reveal is the method of how the Medallions can steal Bankais. I reckon the Asauchi themselves are the basis for the stealing spell.
    Last edited by StarkPoseidon; February 19, 2013 at 11:21 AM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea, I agree. I don't think any regular person can cut a Bankai, let alone Ichigo's bankai. On that basis, I'd say Haschwald is Ichigo's equal at least (would that be a stretch?).

I want there to be more to it than just about power overcoming power.
    I don't think that's a stretch. I think Haschwald is an important character and he could even end up fighting Ichigo in the end.
    My far-fetched theory was Haschwald being a Quincy prince, son of Bach or something, but I guess that's just an utopia

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that's a stretch. I think Haschwald is an important character and he could even end up fighting Ichigo in the end.
    My far-fetched theory was Haschwald being a Quincy prince, son of Bach or something, but I guess that's just an utopia
    I keep visualizing him vs Ukitake.

Just imagine that...you'd be hard pressed to figure out who's who during the fight! Although, I reckon it'll be Shunsui vs Haschwald in the end. Or maybe another Ukitake, Shunsui tag vs Haschwald? That would be mouth-watering.

Actually, I have a theory for why Ichigo's bankai became so prone to being cut (apart from the fact that its Haschwald who cut it)...I think his Quincy powers are interfering with his Shinigami powers, now that they are activated.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Although, having said that, I think Ichigo's bankai can't be stolen coz he hasn't had an opponent who's powerful enough. Bach had already used up his medallion on Yama.

Bach wants to brainwash Ichi and make him fight for them, and is confident enough to beat Ichi without having to steal the bankai, so there's no need to. But I still believe his bankai can't be stolen because the quincy within blocks all quincy superpowers (Kirge's cage, medallions etc.).

A single quincy should be able to carry multiple medallions and steal multiple bankais, anyway. At least, Ass Knot talks about stealing Renji's bankai http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...6-page-16.html when he already has Byakuya's.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

This might be a stupid question but do we know why Ichigo's bankai can't be stolen?

Coz I reckon we'll find that out too through the Renji + Ichigo vs Asauchi fight...

Maybe it is because ichigo is part quincy? It is a loose explanation which does not actually explain the situation in even the shallowest of levels however kubo already used that one to explain ichigo escaping from kirge's jail.

I don't think a difference in power would account for kirge not being able to steal ichigo's bankai. I am the first to point out kirge never did anything to suggest he was particularly powerful however going as far as saying that the difference between him and ichigo is that overwhelming that he can't even handle ichigo's bankai is a bit much.

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    Bach wants to brainwash Ichi and make him fight for them, and is confident enough to beat Ichi without having to steal the bankai, so there's no need to. But I still believe his bankai can't be stolen because the quincy within blocks all quincy superpowers (Kirge's cage, medallions etc.).

A single quincy should be able to carry multiple medallions and steal multiple bankais, anyway. At least, Ass Knot talks about stealing Renji's bankai http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...6-page-16.html when he already has Byakuya's.
    Well, the topic of a quincy having multiple medallions is an interesting one. My first thought would have indeed been that there is no particular reason for a quincy to not have several medallions however that would also depend on how exactly the medallions work to begin with. Here is my crackpot theory on the matter: The medallions work as zampakuto substitutes. And this is the main reason I think that might be the case.
    In that link we see hitsugaya desperately trying to get a response out of his zampakuto. The entire implication of that is that alongside his abilities the quincy also took the spirit within the zampakuto.

Now, something we have to consider her is that at large shinigami only get one zampakuto themselves. Shinigami have two hands so why not give them two zampakuto? Best case scenario would suggest they get two abilities and two powerful weapons. Even if the abilities are similar (due to how zampakuto are made) to some degree 2 is still better than 1. Still, the shinigami seem to be limited to one zampakuto each. So if what the quincy are stealing is the spirit within the zampakuto then it would make sense that the medals they use are, well, essentially zampakuto as they are doing the exact same thing as normal shinigami swords do, hold zampakuto spirits. So if the medals are in principle zampakuto then wouldn't a quincy have the same limitation in regards to zampakuto possession as shinigami? If that is the case then a quincy potentially could not even give his badge to another as the badge being a zampakuto has the implication that it is bonded to the quincy who uses it. Perhaps a medallion can steal a bankai from another medallion though.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Shinigami have two hands so why not give them two zampakuto?
    Because they like fighting with one sword, normal or short, as most non-action movie swordfighters do? :P Ukitake and Kyoraku are the only ones depicted with the famous short and long sword combination of samurai, maybe Kubo just wanted them to look like those without overcomplicating things. Tbh, I would like to know the reason myself, maybe, just maybe we will get to know the truth once we are back to Ichigo and Renji.
    Last edited by Schabrak; February 19, 2013 at 04:12 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

New Reply
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 LastLast