Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fate of Vice Admiral Vergo

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fate of Vice Admiral Vergo

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond87 View Post
    Yea, he beaten Smoker so F that guy Im just joking

Well Doflamingo said thanks for all the hard work and stuff but I think that Vergo shouldnt die with smile on his face and we didnt saw yet how Law was beaten by Vergo before, I still think that we will get flashback of young Law in Doflamingos crew and how he ended up with "Vergo-trauma".
    I would be glad if Monet is dead but not if Vergo died in SAD room explosion.
    Just to be specific.. Smoker had a plan to steal Law's heart back from Vergo, this was part of his deal with Law. He completed his task and this directly lead to Vergo's defeat... So who lost that fight???????

I wish that my supposition was based on my fandom of Smoker, but in this case it's more based in predictive logic...
    Regardless of my own feelings, the mood set by Oda is that Vergo has been taken out.. Dead or not, he's out of action.
    There's no way DD spoke so solemnly to Vergo, without due cause........ IMO at least...

I'd also like to know more about why Vergo was so feared, but he doesn't really need to be alive for us to know that...
    Like Vergo said Law's undoing will be his lack of knowledge of DD's past...
    There's a perfect time to learn more about Vergo.. and why Law was so intent on taking him out as a early part of his plan....

There are much bigger fish to fry at this point with two Yonkou and a pissed off Shichibukai...
    I won't cry if I'm wrong.. But I can't see a plausible way that guy is still alive....

It's on. Like Donkey Kong

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we might get a pretty good hint at Vergo's fate when the shadow figure (Aokiji?) makes his way to PH. At this point there is really no one left at PH and that guy seems to be heading there. So either hes going to get there and we're gonna see what happens or he may meet the SH's on his way there and not bother going after he interacts with them.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poneglyph420 View Post
    Just to be specific.. Smoker had a plan to steal Law's heart back from Vergo, this was part of his deal with Law. He completed his task and this directly lead to Vergo's defeat... So who lost that fight???????

I wish that my supposition was based on my fandom of Smoker, but in this case it's more based in predictive logic...
    Regardless of my own feelings, the mood set by Oda is that Vergo has been taken out.. Dead or not, he's out of action.
    There's no way DD spoke so solemnly to Vergo, without due cause........ IMO at least...

I'd also like to know more about why Vergo was so feared, but he doesn't really need to be alive for us to know that...
    Like Vergo said Law's undoing will be his lack of knowledge of DD's past...
    There's a perfect time to learn more about Vergo.. and why Law was so intent on taking him out as a early part of his plan....
    I cant agree with you.
    Smoker went all out against Vergo, when he started to feel that he will loose to him he went to Vergos pockets for Laws heart, If he could beat his commander he would do it and then give Laws heart back to owner, but he wasnt capable of beating him. Thats my point of view on their fight, even Smoker himself wasnt sure that he can beat Vergo so he left his right hand with G5 marines in case if he falls. Vergo lost vs Law+Smoker. Thats a manga fact.

And taking Vergo out as early part of his plan- Vergo wasnt part of early stages of Laws plan as he said himself that Vergo is his one and only miscalculation. Law would have died if not for Smoker getting his heart back.

@ Zerocooldx - It would be nice of Doflamingo if he search for his subordinates bodies at Punk Hazard, we will see. I sure hope that Monet is dead so Oda can add revenge motive to actions of Doflamingo and I sure hope Vergo. I still hold to my theory about Vergo having metal paramecia to be revealed, so his coming back and confirming my theory would be more than nice. I didnt wanted to bring it here but I do think thats and argument for Vergo getting back into action.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Dofla's goodbyes to his mates don't mean anything. Pell also had a nice goodbye. Before he went to his death, he had feelings not very much unlike those of Vergo and Monet. It was a good closure. And we all know how it ended up.

Alive until proven dead. OP gold rule. Oda shows proof of death when he doesn't want to leave doubt. If the death isn't shown, based on experiences so far, character is most likely alive.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner 31TeV's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond87 View Post
    So I started this thread to discuss/ speculate on what will happen with Vergo after being cut up by Law, being left in SAD room that exploded few chapters ago.
    It would be nice to talk about how Oda can use him in the future chapters- I dont believe that Vergo died, for me its matter of time before we get him back to story, he has gotten way too much screen time to get off-panelled by explosion.
    So what might be his future? What is his ability? Food sticks to him, as well as spoon, he seems harder than anyone seen so far beside Jozu(I have theory but I wont post it here, it would be nice to see ideas of other people).
    What with G5 base commanding?

I'm confused. I thought it was already clear that Vergo was using CoA Haki to harden his body and bamboo stick. Can anyone tell me why he might have a DF?

As for the food and spoon sticking to his face, this is One Piece and I don't think it's stretching it too far if that happens to someone without a DF.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

surely he isn't gonna die,he will be saved somehow by dd or his men, and he will fight again in the main fight of this arc (his opponent will be either zoro or sanji)

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Vergo is dead, but his role in the story is certainly over. Maybe he will get a cover story or appear in a flashback concerning Doflamingo's past. However, the recent chapter had his captain arrive at Punk Hazard along with Baby 5 and Buffalo being mobile again- we never know, he might be active again.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Well sadly for me it looks like Vergo is out of story... at least for now.
    Hope that he will suprise Joker and Us with sudden unexpected comeback to Dressrosa during next arc.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see Vergo dead. Because that would make much more believable Doflamingo story. I'll explain myself: Dofla subordinates seems to have a close and caring relationship with his captain. And he seems to be worried about all of them and sad when he was losing them. Now we know that he just left Punk Hazard with out going for Vergo. And we know that he listen on the den den sushi the explotion of the SAD room. So, if he is alive, it would be pretty sad to see that his captain, after all didn't take care of him enough.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Buffalo is absent in last two chapters so maybe he was ordered by Joker to go once again on Punk Hazard and look for Vergo and Monet.
    We will see. For me it would be shocking if we see their dead bodies in future.
    So ill stick with Vergo being alive just slowed down.
    If he died its like Doflamingo lost his Ace(pun intended) at start. I would like to think for now that Vergo is stronger than those seated guys that we saw some glimpses in chapter 700.. we will see sooner or later.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2