Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Who is Jewerly Bonney ?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • She's Big Mom's daughter

    2 7.69%
  • She's not but still an hostage

    0 0%
  • She's the Gorusei's Fountain of Youth

    16 61.54%
  • Others

    8 30.77%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Jewerly Bonney is the daughter of...

  1. #1
    Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,812
    Post Thanks / Like

    Jewerly Bonney is the daughter of...

    Hi guys, it's been quite a time since we talk about Jewerly Bonney and who she really is. Until then the main theory was that Jewerly Bonney's devil fruit powers were used to prevent the Gorusei from dieing. So here is a new theory about Jewerly Bonney's identity and was she had been under the world government control.


    THE WORLD GOVERNMENT CONNECTION

    Jewerly Bonney was a pirate rookie 2 years ago who reached Sabaody Archipelago as one of the Supernova. After the war, we learnt that she had escaped from the World Government and that it really had scared Admiral Akainu who was glad she came back under their control.

    Why Akainu was personally scared ? We know that Akainu was a Marine Admiral at that time and wanted to become the next Fleet Admiral - this was later proven by his 10 days fight against Aokiji on Punk Hazard. We know he had planned to transfer Marine Headquarters from Marineford to New World and since then he has been growing the Marine's strenght in order to prepare it for some big clash - Law's words.

    So my guess is that Sakazuki was scared the disappearance of Jewerly Bonney could have threatened his big scheme by preventing him to transfer the MHQ. I think that Akainu wants to deal once for all with the New World pirates and the transfer of the MHQ was the first step of his plan. Remember he believes in absolute justice as showed in the Ohana's destruction and the Marineford war.

    That's why the Admiral was personnaly scared by the event and went himself to take Jewerly Bonney back after the Blackbeard Pirates tried to exchange her against a marine battleship. I don't think that Akainu would be scared by anything except his unability to deal with the pirates with his absolute justice. That the world government officials change is none of his business, his role and leitmotiv is to kill pirates.

    So I think that Jewerly Bonney has ties with powerful people and is actually being taken hostage to protect the Marine/WG from a conflict against them. She told Akainu she will never forgive the World Government because since her childhood she has been taken as an hostage and had no freedom. Her words just reflected her personal relationship with the WG.


    THE YONKO CONNECTION

    As far as we know, there are only two kinds of people who are enemies to the WG, the pirates and the revolutionaries, and among the pirates the real dangerous ones are the Yonko. So these are the two groups who can threaten the WG.

    I don't think she is an hostage against the RA because they are active and fighting against the World Government. Dragon is Luffy's father and they already had Ivankov and Inazuma but couldn't do anything to stop the revolutionaries. So the RA would not be affected by the hostage.

    What about the Yonko ?
    • Blackbeard captured Bonney and was a nobody before the beginning of One Piece's story, so he's out.
    • Shanks has a good relationship with Sengoku and Marine and has fun in New World.
    • Whitebeard had a personal story with Bonney but he died and Akainu was still concerned about Bonney - my bet is that Whitebeard could have helped her escape.
    • Kaido seems like an evil guy who is building his smile army in the shadow, so he is a candidate.
    • Big Mom is a crazy Yonko with an unstable mind as showed when she turned berserk for candies and how her crewmates are scared about her reactions, so she is a candidate

    We don't know much about Kaido and Big Mom, so they could both be the one. Kaido could have been building his army in secret - as Law said - because of that hostage. And Big Mom could have been blocked into New World because of that hostage. I'm sure that her madness could have led her to take control of the "Gourmet City" Pucci which is in Paradise (it is connected to Water 7 through the Sea Train). She isn't the one you can reason with as shown with Baron Tamago about the treasure.


    JEWERLY BONNEY AND BIG MOM

    Despite the fact that Big Mom's name is Charlotte Linlin, I think Jewerly Bonney could be linked to Big Mom - the child normally takes the dad's name. The fact she doesn't have any manners could come from a pirate family.

    First, Big Mom and Bonney both eat a lot. We didn't know about Big Mom until Fishman Island and the candies, and Bonney has always been showed as a big eater - when Oda was asked to draw the supernovas in their childhood, Bonney was drawn eating.
    So both were first introduced as gluttonous people.

    Spoiler: Bonney's introduction show


    Spoiler: Big Mom's introduction show



    Secondly, Big Mom and Jewerly Bonney have the exact same hair colour. They both have pink hair.

    Spoiler: Bonney's hair show


    Spoiler: Big Mom's flag show



    Thirdly, the Bonney Pirates ship looks like Big Mom's headquarters. Bonney's ship is a cake just like Big Mom's main island.

    Spoiler: The ship of the Bonney Pirates show


    Spoiler: Whole Cake Island show


    So do you think Jewerly Bonney could be Big Mom's daughter ? Akainu was scared because they had lost control over Big Mom's daughter, and he thought it could lead to a war with the Yonko. Plus, since the Yonko is in the New World, he thought the Marine would lose their historical chance to transfer their headquarters into the New World, which is a strategic move to get rid of the pirates once they will be stronger (the government has given the Marine better means).

    Bonney being an hostage was/is the only way the government found to make sure this Yonko who is a total berserk doesn't turn wild and crazy and attack any island with delicious food. Just as she doesn't care about the Yonko management - treasure and boats - she doesn't care about world balance. What matters is only her candies.
    Last edited by Lord Rayleigh; February 22, 2013 at 10:27 AM.

  2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #2
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ankit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    United States
    Age
    18
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jewerly Bonney is the daughter of...

    Seems plausible. But there's also Lola who seems to look just like Big Mam. And I find the idea of biological brothers in OP to be difficult to believe(meaning every set of brothers that we have met are not actually related by blood).

  4. #3
    Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,812
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jewerly Bonney is the daughter of...

    I think the theory that Bonney is the Gorusei's Foutain of Youth is intesting and cool, but I don't think it's likely. That would mean the Gorusei have been using this power since they were old in the first time. Plus, why would they keep the same appearance instead of getting back their young bodies ?

    I don't know how much old people think the Gorusei is, but if they were born 800 years ago, it would mean they manage to get the fruit under their control since then, either through Bonney (being 800-years-old) or either through all former users. That also requires this DF to be 800-years-old. Plus, they were 20 kings at the beginning of WG: Gorusei is younger than WG as proven by the principle of Tenryubitos.

    And I don't believe Bonney's powers can change age at vitam eternam. I think it works like Foxy's powers: Foxy can slow (not stop) time on a body but the slowing power is only effective for 30 seconds. Bonney's powers should have time-limited effects if she doesn't use them again on her target. So someone turned younger or older by Bonney is not going to stay like that forever after she left: he will come back to his former self on his own.

    So there are basically two theories: the World Government is interested in Bonney because of who she is, or it is interested in Bonney because of her devil fruit. If they are interested in the devil fruit, did they give it to her and why not to a WG officer; why don't they kill her and take back the fruit (assuming it's possible) ?

  5. #4
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Slovakia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,479
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jewerly Bonney is the daughter of...

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rayleigh View Post
    If they are interested in the devil fruit, did they give it to her and why not to a WG officer; why don't they kill her and take back the fruit (assuming it's possible) ?
    There are many plausible answers to this one, I'm sure. If it comes to this, Bonney could've just eaten it Momo/Luffy style (oh, this looks tasty...). Compared to how rare they are, DF seem rather unguarded most of the time
    Erfworld

    Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

  6. #5
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Towson
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    27,268
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jewerly Bonney is the daughter of...

    Bonney's power strikes me as a hito hito no mi model. It reminds me of how Sengoku can turn into Buddha's of various size, or how Chopper can alter his appearance. My guess is that Bonney's fruit works in a similar manner.

    Bonney is too big a mystery. Other than formerly being held by the World Government, I can't even think of any hints regarding her past. Definitely one of the characters I most want to see again. Not the least because arcs about the WG always are among my favorites.

  7. #6
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Colombia
    Posts
    3,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jewerly Bonney is the daughter of...

    Pretty nice prediction. I 'm particularly impressed by the resemblance between BM island and Boeny's ship and also by the fact that both eat a lot. I think it's likely your theory becomes true. I was wondering, assuming your prediction is right, if the three girl eyes is also a hostage and if it's not related with Boney in some way.

  8. #7
    The Viennese Pixie MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Drinking Rum
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,726
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jewerly Bonney is the daughter of...

    Her DF was introduced in a nonchalant way though. Even though it opes up so many possibilities it was kind of a joke the way she used it first. We really do not know the implications and stuff that it brings, and how she may use it. Perhaps Oda was introducing much of the SN so fast? We barely caught an eye to concentrate on one?

    She has some connection to the government of course, though I do expect her to show up in a bigger arc concerning Vegapunk, since she will be a lovely experiment of his. Of course we also saw her in the famous revolutionary robe, so everything is possible.

  9. #8
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    804
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jewerly Bonney is the daughter of...

    I always had it in the back of my mind that she was Akainu's daughter... any other pirate he'd probably melt on sight if they were as bound as her... unless he just has a soft spot for women...
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

  10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #9
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner 31TeV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    England
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    38
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jewerly Bonney is the daughter of...

    Quote Originally Posted by RezzieThaRapper View Post
    I always had it in the back of my mind that she was Akainu's daughter... any other pirate he'd probably melt on sight if they were as bound as her... unless he just has a soft spot for women...
    I know what you mean, but I think he only did that with Ace and Luffy because he saw them as being very big threats and they were running free in a chaotic battlefield. He couldn't just risk failing capturing them or for them to be set free and run away, so it was much easier and less risky just to kill them on the spot. If a pirate is captured with pretty much zero chance of escape, it would probably be best to either take them to Impel Down where they suffer or have them publicly executed, or at least from the point of view of Akainu.

  12. #10
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    804
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jewerly Bonney is the daughter of...

    He melted a marine running from battle... and WB's 10th division commander too... blew up Ohara's civilian ship... but I guess we chalk that up to the Heat of war and the nature of the Buster Call...

    I just like the Idea of there being someone with a personal connection to Akainu... it being one of the Supernova's, and Jewelry Bonney would be icing on very tasty cake...
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

  13. #11
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member stormking1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    147
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jewerly Bonney is the daughter of...

    I like the Idea of Bonney being Akainu's daughter because it would make for a great plot twist if the daughter of the man who killed Ace joined the SH crew.
    So my old signature is gone and I need a new one. so If anyone wants to make me one featuring either Air Gear or One Piece hit me up and ill credit you.

  14. #12
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member StrawHat 13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Country
    United States
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    226
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jewerly Bonney is the daughter of...

    personally i like the connection to big mom. the whole ship/island thing is too suspicious.

    Also, I think BB already took JB's age age fruit power...if she joins the SHs i would love to see her re-invented with the mera mera no mi

  15. #13
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member stormking1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    147
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jewerly Bonney is the daughter of...

    Quote Originally Posted by StrawHat 13 View Post
    personally i like the connection to big mom. the whole ship/island thing is too suspicious.

    Also, I think BB already took JB's age age fruit power...if she joins the SHs i would love to see her re-invented with the mera mera no mi
    WOW I never thought of that, Maybe because she got captured by BB pretime skip and we didn't learn of fruit stealing till after the time skip. I know Jinbei said BB had been killing and stealing the fruits but it didn't say they had to be dead. BB can drap the devil in devil fruit users into his darkness so maybe he can do it while they are alive as well.
    So my old signature is gone and I need a new one. so If anyone wants to make me one featuring either Air Gear or One Piece hit me up and ill credit you.

  16. #14
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,098
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jewerly Bonney is the daughter of...

    Now that we know how a Devil Fruit is created, all Blackbeard need is an apple in his pocket when he kills an ability-user. It all comes down to how he can survive after eating more than one Devil Fruit...
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

    did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

  17. #15
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Vigrid
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,396
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jewerly Bonney is the daughter of...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    Now that we know how a Devil Fruit is created, all Blackbeard need is an apple in his pocket when he kills an ability-user. It all comes down to how he can survive after eating more than one Devil Fruit...
    This is basically what I was thinking. In hindsight though it doesn't make sense as to why BB covered the body of WB though, that is if we are assuming everyone knows how DFs are reborn.

    OT: This is a pretty good theory. If she and Lola are indeed daughters of Big Mam, I can see the Strawhats gaining a powerful ally (if Big Mam forgives the whole declaring war thing). That Vivre Card will hopefully come into play in a few arcs.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts