Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fate of Vice Admiral Vergo

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vagabond87's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Fate of Vice Admiral Vergo

So I started this thread to discuss/ speculate on what will happen with Vergo after being cut up by Law, being left in SAD room that exploded few chapters ago.
    It would be nice to talk about how Oda can use him in the future chapters- I dont believe that Vergo died, for me its matter of time before we get him back to story, he has gotten way too much screen time to get off-panelled by explosion.
    So what might be his future? What is his ability? Food sticks to him, as well as spoon, he seems harder than anyone seen so far beside Jozu(I have theory but I wont post it here, it would be nice to see ideas of other people).
    What with G5 base commanding?

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fate of Vice Admiral Vergo

I thought about opening this thread but I wanted to make a poll (hint, hint) and I didn't have time at that moment so I gave up.

Anyway, I think he could have coated himself in hardening like he did when he was a whole. Doesn't matter he was in pieces, Law's fruit doesn't work like that. He could have survived the explosion but how long could he stay protected and what would happen after he isn't?

Anyway, some options:
    1) he's dead
    2) he survived due to his Haki/DF and combined himself because the fence was destroyed by the blast
    3) he survived due to his Haki/DF and is still in pieces
    4) he survived but got covered in Shinokuni and is petrified
    5) he survived but the SAD mutated him into some kind of a monster (lol, just had to put it in)

That's all I can think of for now. Too bad that it seems we won't find out what happened for a while, unless the focus of the story switches to Doflamingo for a chapter or 2.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

He's still alive don't worry, this is Oda we're talking about

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I will make some poll tomorrow- I just doubted that many people will discuss this subject Razh.

Lol at Vergo mutated by SAD thought that he is already stong enough and becoming a Zoan-monster is bit too much
    I think that Doflamingo will make to Punk Hazard and put Vergo back from pieces. If I am right about my prediction of his ability he is fine, If I am not right then he is still fine thanks to his haki.
    Lets be honest, Franky gone through worse and somehow he was alive at the end

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ankit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Dead more than likely

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ankit View Post
    Dead more than likely
    Why?

Oda kept Smoker vs Vergo offscreen, same with Smoker vs Law- I think that most of those fight were done offscreen to save Smoker abilities for later.
    Somehow I feel same about Vergo, we didnt saw much from him, few attacks and thats all- even Monet showed us more of her fighting powers.
    Vergo has nice style of fighting and seems to be REAL tank(beside getting cocky against Laws power) so he can be good villain for Oda to use later on for some other character show-off(Sanji for example- I think that he would have lost if fight continued with one of his legs cracked, but with healthy leg and starting fight at 100% not after Nami getting beaten up in his body by Cesars gastanet- he and Vergo would be equal threats to each other).
    Sanji would have to use quite a few attack to get through Vergos haki thats why I do think that Oda will keep Vergo alive, build up- tension and then we will get Vergo back for some role to play- most likely to get beaten by someone to hype up that someone.
    To kill him like that is wasting Shichibukai level fighter without real good show-off.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

ODA DOES NOT KILL ANYONE.....Vergo is alive. Doflamingo will go to the island and put his crewman back together, then he will becomea pirate again

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kulugo's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i hope he's dead, along with Monet.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Now when I think about it Vergo already played special role in Punk Hazard and One Piece after time skip- Oda used him to mess with how we see strength of Strawhats, Law and Smoker
    We saw Vergo fighting Sanji, Smoker and Law but we still cant measure their strenght with precision.
    For me there was some very slight differences between those guys strenght in Punk Hazard Arc. For me Vergo, Law and Sanji are all pretty close as it was seen in their fight against Vergo - Sanji was only one of those who fought Vergo on Punk Hazard that underestimated him(he tanked his heavy kick, he stood before taking it on his leg with his hand in pocket and other hand on a cig, he was too cocky - but Law and Smoker knew Vergos strength from the start, they knew him for years, maybe they knew about his DF ability that we dont know yet(if he has any).
    Smoker went all out against Vergo, when he started to feel that he will loose to him he went to Vergos pockets for Laws heart, If he could beat his commander he would do it and then give Laws heart back to owner, but he wasnt capable of beating him. What Law shown us is as I believe one of his strongest if not THE STRONGEST of his attacks, just at start of fight without taking any chances with trying to fight even a little, he used Vergos arrogance against him.
    So I wonder will Oda use next Vergos fight to clear things up? It would help but to me its somehow clear now. But knowing Oda he can(for example) make Vergo fight and win against some top dog from Kaidos crew and hype us up with strenght of people that fought Vergo before. I do think that he is around Marco/ Jozu/ Ace level with Doflamingo being very close to Admiral fighting capabilities.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chess4 View Post
    ODA DOES NOT KILL ANYONE.....Vergo is alive. Doflamingo will go to the island and put his crewman back together, then he will becomea pirate again
    Jeez stop this dumb myth finally. Countless people died... And Monet is pretty much toast...
    Last edited by Dekker; February 02, 2013 at 02:33 AM.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    Jeez stop this dumb myth finally. Countless people died... And Monet is pretty much toast...
    Would you be kind enough to explain what dumb myth is?

Picture deleted, it was misunderstanding
    Last edited by vagabond87; February 02, 2013 at 03:25 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

That post was ment to chess4 about noone ever dieing in one piece. Didnt realize I had the tab open so long. Though I thought it would be pretty clear with my Monet comment. But I guess you rather make fun of people then to elaborate...
    Last edited by Dekker; February 02, 2013 at 02:34 AM.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, than sorry
    Well It looked like response to my post, dont take it too personal.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

While we do know that Oda usually doesn't kill off people without purpose...
    In this case there is a motive for sure, and well it would just make sense for Vergo to be dead...
    If not dead at least no longer a viable combatant....

Law is no fool and I'm sure based on his previous fears of Vergo, he'd have a plan for taking him out.
    There's really no way a split up and blow up guy should be able to make it....
    Also based on how DD, said what sounded like "final goodbyes" to Vergo I'd say Sayonara Vergo San....

I'm personally thankful if that's the case.. F that guy.

It's on. Like Donkey Kong

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea, he beaten Smoker so F that guy Im just joking

Well Doflamingo said thanks for all the hard work and stuff but I think that Vergo shouldnt die with smile on his face and we didnt saw yet how Law was beaten by Vergo before, I still think that we will get flashback of young Law in Doflamingos crew and how he ended up with "Vergo-trauma".
    I would be glad if Monet is dead but not if Vergo died in SAD room explosion.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast