Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Wano Kuni Discussion

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The backstory of Wanokuni's Samurai - the hints

I think the Wano is in trouble, and Momo took it upon himself to leave the island to help cure the problem. Kinemon came after his son to bring him back. Now as far as whats going on Wano, I think there is a deeper reason why they are sectioned off. I think they are the keeping something from leaving the island.

I think one of the level 6 prisioners is on the island manipulating some type of creature, so the samurai cant fight back. Either way will find out soon enough. I am excited to see the Samurai.

I think that Zoro will shine bright this arc

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

i like the idea of the level 6 prisoners who are holding wano captive. i think the samurai's at the island are not fighting due to the fear towards Dragons or a ritual respect whereby they see the Dragon as God thus they are forced to perform sadistic rituals. i am predicting that it is ruled by a dragon or a mysterious person who have a dragon DF. Also, like Rymua Zoro will defeat the dragon.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    No. The second Romance Dawn one shot is a separate story. In the second version of Romance Dawn, Luffy receives his Strawhat from his Grandfather, who looks like Garp. The character design was merely recycled though, neither of the Romance Dawn pilots are considered canon. Monsters is canonical One Piece. Ryuma, the Samurai from the Thriller Bark arc, is confirmed to be the main character from Monsters. He wants us to see Monsters as the same story as One Piece, Romance Dawn as a separate story.
    Thanks Kaiten, but still i read "stories" a plural meant has been given for those.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

About the place/village in Monsters looking different: Centuries have passed so the architecture could have just as easily too, just like in our world.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    About the place/village in Monsters looking different: Centuries have passed so the architecture could have just as easily too, just like in our world.
    Hmm? So it changed from a western setting in which Samurais exist into feudal Japan? I kind of doubt that.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Aside from doubting it, what's the point of your post? At least Of course it would be to accommodate to the bigger "samurai" theme not that much present in Monsters, making it look distinct from 90% of the rest of OP with normal western wood/brick buildings used in One Piece.

Fact is dragons and swordman were part of the village/s in the "Monsters" world, just as they are/were in Wa no Kuni, but a legend to everywhere else in the OP world. What leads you to think otherwise?
    Last edited by Schabrak; February 02, 2013 at 09:55 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Aside from doubting it, what's the point of your post? At least Of course it would be to accommodate to the bigger "samurai" theme not that much present in Monsters, making it look distinct from 90% of the rest of OP with normal western wood/brick buildings used in One Piece.

Fact is dragons and swordman were part of the village/s in the "Monsters" world, just as they are/were in Wa no Kuni, but a legend to everywhere else in the OP world. What leads you to think otherwise?
    The point of my post is to express my disbelief in your opinion that that town could be in Wa No. First of all, swordsman are known in the town in Monsters but not the existence and behavior of Samurai (they neither knew about the sword sheath nor about the "warrior´s soul"). Second, Ryuuma, who obviously comes from Wa No, did not know about dragons while the entire town knew about their existence. We never saw an island so far that had this much disparity in knowledge concerning a major event and of course a major threat. Third, Wa No seems to always have been a secluded and xenophobic place considering that nobody seems to know what´s going on there. Him killing a dragon in Wa No would probably not become a legend that can even reach the East Blue (Zoro also knew about Ryuuma).

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: LATEST CHAPTER show
    Last edited by Uriel; February 05, 2013 at 11:30 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: RECENT CHAPTER show
    Last edited by Uriel; February 05, 2013 at 11:30 AM.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Moderator message by: Uriel
    Please remember the 24hr spoiler rule to avoid ruining the fun for others.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Seeing the way kinemon and momonosuke behave I would argue wano will be very different from what we saw in the wanted chapter with ryuma. Basically I would expect a samurainification of the country. Where ryuma was is not quite a place which appeared to have strong samurai influence. In terms of history I would argue that by now most of the country is under the influence of samurai.

Anyways, I don't actually expect kinemon's power to be a standard thing i wano. I have made the point before that if the very soldiers in wano are even close to kinemon's power they would be the single strongest military organization in the world by quite a bit. The last arc has shown us that the large forces of the world are on a race to accumulate power for a huge war. The point was made that if the marines managed to turn their soldiers into giants they would effectively take over the world. Kaido has an enormous army of DF users. BB seems to be out and about to collect strong fruits. In any case, I don't actually expect all those potential giants or fake fruit users to be men of actual strength. They could be above average however the point is still that they are aiming for strong militias. As we have seen giants on average are not that strong when compared against actual strong peoples. At least just being a giant is not quite enough so far. Same thing will be the case for kaido's army, just being fruit users won't make the soldiers strong. My idea is that the users will simply be people like the elite marines or pirates who fought the WB war but with fruits or some other ability. In this regard, would we expect a gigantified or zoanified version of either to be a beast? It would definitely be strong however the point will still be advantage in numbers, not in quality. Kinemom, brook or just about any of the strawhats would be stronger than just about any of the regular soldiers who would be given fake DFs or hypothetically made into giants. In particular kinemon seems to be a haki user with a decent bit of strength.

Now, if just giving elite marines or strong pirate militia fruits and giants can make such a huge difference then I don't see how it would make sense plotwise that your average wano samurai would even be a match at all to kinemon. If that was truly the case then wano wouldn't just have a strong army, they would be the single strongest military force in the world by A LOT. If the marines can take over the world by just making marines into giants then wano would be able to take on the marines and the 4 emperors if soldiers of kinemon's strength are common. Kinemon is not necessarily the strongest samurai in wano however his power should still be relevant in comparison to the big shots there at least. He should be at least the equivalent to a vice admiral if he was to be ranked IMO.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like that for me it seems that they were starving from before. I know the whole deal about Monsters, so please don't use that argument. I just think there is something more into it.
    To point the obivous: One Piece DOES NOT include Monsters as part of the same universe, only takes some elements from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    No. The second Romance Dawn one shot is a separate story. In the second version of Romance Dawn, Luffy receives his Strawhat from his Grandfather, who looks like Garp. The character design was merely recycled though, neither of the Romance Dawn pilots are considered canon. Monsters is canonical One Piece. Ryuma, the Samurai from the Thriller Bark arc, is confirmed to be the main character from Monsters. He wants us to see Monsters as the same story as One Piece, Romance Dawn as a separate story.
    No. Monsters doesn't take place, figure that Oda says "In One Piece, Ryuma is..." and all the stuff. It happened mostly the same, but not in the same universe, If I explain myself properly.
    Quote Quote:
    They have problem trusting others
    Well, they're in an isolated island after all.
    Quote Quote:
    Momo thinks that pirates are giant men weighing nearly 400kg and are more violent and strong-looking (this one is nice i think)
    Well, it could be Brownbeard as far as his experience tell us.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully everyone is not expecting every character living in Wano Kuni to be a Samurai. Not everyone in feudal Japan was a Samurai, only the warrior caste. There still were peasants and merchants, nobles, wood cutters, butchers, carpenters, and more. It would also be silly to expect Wano to be some crime free utopia. Just because the samurai are strong does not mean the country is free from schemers and petty criminals. I expect the samurai of Wano will be a warrior elite, not the entire population of the country.

This weeks chapter revealed a clue bugger than anything in the OP. Kinemon seeks to free a comrade imprisoned in Dressrosa. He and Momo both acted quite suspiciously when Kaido was mentioned, something the Strawhats even noted. There is some connection between Wano, Kaido and Dressrosa. Despite their reputation for ferocity, Kin's friend was captured and imprisoned. I wonder if it is possible that Kaido used his army of fruit users to overwhelm Wano Kuni. No matter how weak the fruit users, and how strong the samurai, 500 is to many. Those are overwhelming numbers. If smile production did not begin until after CC's return to Punk Hazard, that would mean Kaido only built is army over the last two years, or less. The fall of Wano Kuni would not have been known by the Srawhats (or audience) due to the timeskip. They still have not been to inhabited island in the New World where they could have heard the news, only the hidden facility of Punk Hazard.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anduren's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Umm.... I noticed something interesting in the last couple of animated episodes that I was curious about. Kinemon's speech patterns remind me a bit of Kenshin in Rurouni Kenshin.

More particularly where he ends most of his lines with "...de gozaru". I guess it translates to "that it is" or something like that when i read the subtitles (I'm no expert on Japanese so correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm mostly curious whether this speech pattern is common in the samurai setting as a formality; something that's being used by Oda as a reference to Rurouni Kenshin; or just something the animators added and not actually in the manga when translated from script.

So if anybody have any ideas about this I'd be very greatful to be enlightened .

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anduren View Post
    Umm.... I noticed something interesting in the last couple of animated episodes that I was curious about. Kinemon's speech patterns remind me a bit of Kenshin in Rurouni Kenshin.

More particularly where he ends most of his lines with "...de gozaru". I guess it translates to "that it is" or something like that when i read the subtitles (I'm no expert on Japanese so correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm mostly curious whether this speech pattern is common in the samurai setting as a formality; something that's being used by Oda as a reference to Rurouni Kenshin; or just something the animators added and not actually in the manga when translated from script.

So if anybody have any ideas about this I'd be very greatful to be enlightened .
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...icon.php?id=36

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast