Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)

View Poll Results: How will the battle be fought?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 v 1

9 42.86%
  • Many v 1

11 52.38%
  • Other

1 4.76%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Battle against the yonkou

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member dacookester's Avatar
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

Battle against the yonkou

So i was just wondering whether people believe that when the time comes the first fight against one of the yonkou will be a one on one between luffy and the yonkou or similar to the oars battle were all the strawhats featured.

Personally im hoping for the second option and that we will see Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Law, Bepo and John-Beart fighting against Kaidou.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Battle against the yonkou

I think it'll depend on the story of the arc that involves them. If Luffy goes against Shanks, it'll definitely be 1 on 1...
    Most of the time we get the SH crew face off enemy's crew members first. If it does go many on 1, i still think Luffy will be the one to deal the final blow.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

i think they will attack 1+ vs 1 because yonkou r on different level so if luffy beat them in 1 vs 1 its will be near end of one piece

Shanks is different matter luffy will challenge him only with SHP
    luffy vs Shanks
    Usopp vs Yasopp
    Zoro vs Benn Beckman
    Sanji vs Lucky Roo (maybe)

luffy had told Shank that he will create powerful crew then his crew

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy is not going to fight Shanks. Shanks is Luffy's father figure, it will not be his role to stand in Luffy's way. It can be inferred that Shank's already has stood down. Roger passed his Strawhat down to Shanks, Shanks has passed it on to Luffy. This could symbolically mean that Shank's has abdicated his position in the order of succession, accepting Luffy as the true heir to Roger's legacy. Shank's has stated that he will not meet Luffy again until he is a "great pirate", even declining to see him at Marineford. Shanks has declared Luffy heir to Roger's legacy, and is waiting for him to live up to that legacy. I do not expect Luffy to meet Shanks again until near the end of the series, during the last saga before Luffy reaches Raftel. I expect Shanks to at that time accept Luffy as the future Pirate King, swear his allegiance, aiding the Strawhats in their fight against the Blackbeard Pirates. After Blackbeard's defeat, Shanks will help the Strawhats navigate the final leg of their voyage, leading them to Raftel.

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Luffy will fight, and defeat, at least one Yonkou in a one on one fight. Teach is his chief rival, and probably will be the last enemy standing in Luffy's way before Raftel. Luffy will have to defeat him alone if he hopes to become Pirate King. He will get plenty of help reaching that point, but the actual fight will be Luffy and Teach alone. I also suspect that Luffy will fight Kaido one on one. For plot purposes, Luffy defeating a Yonkou alone would be more of an accomplishment, and better establish Luffy as a power in the New World. Databook stats do not matter in One Piece. Power levels have never been a huge point of emphasis. It is perfectly reasonable to expect Luffy to defeat a Yonkou.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member dacookester's Avatar
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry i should have made it more clear that i was talking about their first confrontation with a yonkou, I am aware that Luffy will have to surpass that level eventually to become PK

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually do think Luffy will fight Shanks. Why wouldn't he fight Shanks, just because he sees him as a father figure? It's not just about relationship, but Luffy does want to beat the Yonkou, including Shanks. Luffy definitely didn't seem to have any problem going against Shanks. What better way for Luffy to prove he's the heir to Roger's legacy than by beating the one who Roger passed his legacy down to? I think it's a lot like Goku beating Jackie Chun or Naruto beating the person who bested and killed his masters.

If not the other Yonkou, I can see him taking on Shanks and winning by himself. Not sure about Blackbeard though, but if Blackbeard's not stronger than Shanks, then he may not be the final opponent.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy and Shanks don't have to fight to death, he's done some great sparring with Sabo and Ace for many years of his life, that situtions wouldn't be any different. I'm more interested in the moment Ussop meets his old man, Yassop.

Why is there no options for "1 VS 1 & 2+ VS 1" ?
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I actually do think Luffy will fight Shanks. Why wouldn't he fight Shanks, just because he sees him as a father figure? It's not just about relationship, but Luffy does want to beat the Yonkou, including Shanks. Luffy definitely didn't seem to have any problem going against Shanks. What better way for Luffy to prove he's the heir to Roger's legacy than by beating the one who Roger passed his legacy down to? I think it's a lot like Goku beating Jackie Chun or Naruto beating the person who bested and killed his masters.

If not the other Yonkou, I can see him taking on Shanks and winning by himself. Not sure about Blackbeard though, but if Blackbeard's not stronger than Shanks, then he may not be the final opponent.
    What if Shanks does not want to fight Luffy? It's a situation that does not need fighting to be resolved, and can come to a more satisfying conclusion if they don't. With Blackbeard the only major opponent left, Luffy and Shanks reunite. Shanks acknowledges Luffy as a "great pirate", and recognizes him as future pirate king. He agrees to become an ally of Luffy, symbolically abdicating his own position as Yonkou (even if that position has lost all real value by that time). Shanks then promises to help Luffy defeat the Blackbeard Pirates, mutual enemies. With that done, he helps lead the way to Raftel. That would be much more satisfying, and far more within plot boundaries, than Luffy having to defeat Shanks in a one on one fight, like he was a common antagonist.

That also would explain what Shanks meant when he said that he bet his arm on the new age. Like Whitebeard, I do not think he wants to become Pirate King. We don't know if Shanks ever reached Raftel, but he was on Roger's ship. The possibility exists that he already knows how to reach Raftel, and knows the identity of One Piece. Buggy too. There is a strong possibility he already knows that he can not reach Raftel himself, and that One Piece is out of his reach. Hypothetically, if the Will of D and ability to hear the voice of all things are needed to reach Raftel, Shanks already knows that he himself can not be Pirate King. That is why he made a bet on Luffy. Though a child at the time, he was still a D, and Shanks might have seen true spirit in him. That would explain why he gave Roger's strawhat to Luffy, why he sacrificed his arm, and why he waits for Luffy to become a great pirate. Buggy may know the same, the reason why he has shown more interest in treasure hunting than becoming pirate king. He might already know Raftel is out of his reach, and that One Piece is not gold and jewels anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Luffy and Shanks don't have to fight to death, he's done some great sparring with Sabo and Ace for many years of his life, that situtions wouldn't be any different. I'm more interested in the moment Ussop meets his old man, Yassop.

Why is there no options for "1 VS 1 & 2+ VS 1" ?
    At best I think they spar, Shanks testing out Luffy's strength. Nothing serious though.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    What if Shanks does not want to fight Luffy? It's a situation that does not need fighting to be resolved, and can come to a more satisfying conclusion if they don't. With Blackbeard the only major opponent left, Luffy and Shanks reunite. Shanks acknowledges Luffy as a "great pirate", and recognizes him as future pirate king. He agrees to become an ally of Luffy, symbolically abdicating his own position as Yonkou (even if that position has lost all real value by that time). Shanks then promises to help Luffy defeat the Blackbeard Pirates, mutual enemies. With that done, he helps lead the way to Raftel. That would be much more satisfying, and far more within plot boundaries, than Luffy having to defeat Shanks in a one on one fight, like he was a common antagonist.

That also would explain what Shanks meant when he said that he bet his arm on the new age. Like Whitebeard, I do not think he wants to become Pirate King. We don't know if Shanks ever reached Raftel, but he was on Roger's ship. The possibility exists that he already knows how to reach Raftel, and knows the identity of One Piece. Buggy too. There is a strong possibility he already knows that he can not reach Raftel himself, and that One Piece is out of his reach. Hypothetically, if the Will of D and ability to hear the voice of all things are needed to reach Raftel, Shanks already knows that he himself can not be Pirate King. That is why he made a bet on Luffy. Though a child at the time, he was still a D, and Shanks might have seen true spirit in him. That would explain why he gave Roger's strawhat to Luffy, why he sacrificed his arm, and why he waits for Luffy to become a great pirate. Buggy may know the same, the reason why he has shown more interest in treasure hunting than becoming pirate king. He might already know Raftel is out of his reach, and that One Piece is not gold and jewels anyway.

At best I think they spar, Shanks testing out Luffy's strength. Nothing serious though.

I just one to point out a few things, after luffy reaches raftel, there will be at least 5 if not more arcs after that

And at some point in punk hazard, forgot where, after law says lets take down kaidou, luffy replies, "no, the first one i must beat is shanks", only a few chapter later he gives in and decided to follow law for kaidou.

It will be a proper full on full out fight, there are doctors on both sides, so there are no problems.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MissSuicideSheep View Post
    I just one to point out a few things, after luffy reaches raftel, there will be at least 5 if not more arcs after that
    Five arcs after he became Pirate King? It will take years to get there, one arc or two at most are fesable/reasonable, should be enough to give it a good ending, final comclusion with the World Government, etc. Don't forget he will have to fight the other Yonkou beforehand.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Five arcs seems a bit excessive. I think that the final battle against the World Government will be after Raftel. That might be a multi-arc saga, but I don't think it will be five. One arc for Luffy to gather the ancient weapons while the World Government maneuvers for war, after that a very long battle Mariejois, then the end. I kind of think Shanks will fight on Luffy's side during the final war.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

he will get to raftel figure out the true story,
    blackbeard,
    gather ancient weapons
    talk make big alliance vs wg or w/e
    War
    What happends after there is no wg
    On the way back, leaving everyone at home
    end.
    each is an arc btw, IMO

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Gurido's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Right now I'm seeing Straw Hat Pirates, Heart Pirates, and maybe X Drake (since he was after Kaido) vs Kaido.
    Apoo, Kid, Hawkins vs Big Mam Pirates, Straw hat pirates will join afterwards.
    Luffy vs Blackbeard near the end of the manga.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Toujou View Post
    Right now I'm seeing Straw Hat Pirates, Heart Pirates, and maybe X Drake (since he was after Kaido) vs Kaido.
    Apoo, Kid, Hawkins vs Big Mam Pirates, Straw hat pirates will join afterwards.
    Luffy vs Blackbeard near the end of the manga.
    Nah you forgot how twisted oda is, I wouldn't be surprised if kidd alliance attacks shanks or BB and fails, or even the luffy alliance

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MissSuicideSheep View Post
    he will get to raftel figure out the true story,
    blackbeard,
    gather ancient weapons
    talk make big alliance vs wg or w/e
    War
    What happends after there is no wg
    On the way back, leaving everyone at home
    end.
    each is an arc btw, IMO
    I don't understand why the Blackbeard fight would happen after Raftel, it's their dream to become Pirate King after all. It should rather be the decisive fight before or at Raftel.
    He is not the type to use ancient weapons, especially one for mass destruction as Pluton, only Shirahoshi might add some force, we will have to see how they repair Noah.
    Should gathering allies take a whole arc, it would be better if Oda used a cover arc for that. Don't forget the Revolutionary Army, they will have to act some time and it will be against the WG too.
    Imo Oda will do it like Toriyama and end it in a short way, maybe a volume at most.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast