Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128

View Poll Results: Which Path Would You Choose?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pirate

17 39.53%
  • Marine

5 11.63%
  • Revolutionary

10 23.26%
  • Cipher Pol Agent

1 2.33%
  • Bandit

2 4.65%
  • Police

0 0%
  • Explorer

8 18.60%
  • Prison Staff

0 0%
  • Neo-Marine

0 0%
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Which Path Would You Choose?

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

One Piece Which Path Would You Choose?

In the vast world of One Piece we've seen various factions and that is more than just Pirates and Marines.
    So if you were in One Piece and were put in at a decent level of strength in one of the Blue Seas where you stand out as strong than most in that area (for examples Luffy, Zoro and Sanji were for the Blue Seas).
    with the aims to head into the Grand Line and so forth:

Which sort of path would you choose?
    Pirate and lead or join a crew and venture across the world?
    Marine and keep the peace that Pirates and Bandits disturb?
    Cipher Pol and become a government agent in one of many units from 1-9?
    Revolutionary and stop the Government's corruption?
    Police like Laffite was or those on Loguetown?
    BountyHunter like how Zoro lived before being caught by marines?
    Be an Explorer like Norland where you get to enjoy seeing the world without meeting violence or corruption?

Personally, simply because the series has shown that the Strawhats are unique in being genuinely good people but the Marines who stop them work with the World Government who are extremely corrupt, I would follow Monkey D. Dragon and become a Revolutionary.
    Last edited by Airgrimes; March 19, 2013 at 05:20 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which Path Would You Choose?

Hmm, I like this topic and question. I've always where I'd fall if I were in the One Piece world, but I don't really have a real extreme like most in the series. I feel like I'd probably be an explorer. Pretty neutral to the going ons in the world. I do wonder if I'd still be considered a pirate for showing interest in One Piece or Raftel.
    Last edited by eefrit; March 19, 2013 at 01:56 PM.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest, It depends, Most people would say it out for adventure and just coolness, however you have to think, that luffy's crew survived because of the plot, pirates death rate must be exceptionally high. If i wanted to have fun and friends, I would be a pirate HOWEVER, it all depends, If I was born not on the grand line, I'd be very careful, depends in the kind of situation I'm born in, I'd feel much safer going out if I had a devil fruit, and depends on the people I meet on the way, it's a very hard question tbh.
    I don't think pirates kill that many marines, so If you were a marine, your chances of survival and living a long life are higher, but once again it all depends, on the situation I'm raised in.
    I'm gonna go ahead and say, I'll be optimistic and search for a devil fruit before becoming a Pirate, if I don't I'd probably join the marines, until I get strong enough, and then go rebel like Drake did.
    Then Again, If I'm born in the new world, I'd probably attempt to join, Shanks/Kaidou's Crews,(Big mom looks dangerous as fuck, too many risks) Grow with them, and then perhaps attempt to have my own nakama.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Either pirate or Revolutionary, but probably Revolutionary because I'd probably hate the Government.

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Organizized's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

There's already a thread pretty much like this in the One Piece playground (where it belongs, since this doesn't have to do with the plot of the manga). Link here.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Pirate or adventurer. I don´t like to listen to orders while i would not be a revolutionary because i don´t care about the big picture

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Organizized View Post
    There's already a thread pretty much like this in the One Piece playground (where it belongs, since this doesn't have to do with the plot of the manga). Link here.
    Except its rather outdated. It was made at a time before we really knew of the other paths like Cipher Pol and Revolutionary.
    The world of One Piece is extremely vast.
    If for example you were born in the Grand Line, or a weak island in the Blue Seas, there's a chance that a Pirate terrorized your village.
    You'd probably join the Marines or Cipher Pol to help stop other villages experiencing what you went through.
    But then as you rise up the ranks you'd realize how much corruption there was and side with Monkey D. Dragon.

Personally, I can't help but think about Crocodile and how he intended to just terrorize Alabasta for his own greed. To stop Pirates like those I'd join Cipher Pol.
    But after the Robin situation and other corruption I'd probably side with Dragon.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Roarchu's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Revolutionary for sure

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Pirate. I share the same idea as Luffy. Pirates are the people with the greatest treasure...Freedom.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    Pirate. I share the same idea as Luffy. Pirates are the people with the greatest treasure...Freedom.

also the ones with the shortest life span, good luck, hope you can manage past 25.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Pirate FTW I can't imagine a more interesting life than that of a pirate , especially with a captain like Luffy

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MissSuicideSheep View Post
    also the ones with the shortest life span, good luck, hope you can manage past 25.
    Depending on what type of pirate I'm. Beside, who cares how long I live ? I'll just enjoy my life to it's fullest...

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    Depending on what type of pirate I'm. Beside, who cares how long I live ? I'll just enjoy my life to it's fullest...
    Idk, in my opinion life has much more to offer over a longer lifespawn, but thats just me. ^_^

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Anduren's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I'd prefer to be a pirate with the restriction that its the same kinda pirate that Luffy is (as opposed to Blackbeard). One Piece gives two distinct diverging paths for pirates: one that goes down the road of raiding/pillaging and living off of other people's hard work (Bellamy comes to mind). The other is as Luffy said to Rayleigh: to be free from authority.

I don't have a personal desire to overturn governments unless they blatantly go out of their way to cross me (like Ennies Lobby incident) so I wouldn't care much to be a revolutionary that much. As long as I'm free to follow my own code, I wouldn't mind staying out of trouble. That maybe a little like the bandits which makes me wonder.... the bandits in One Piece have been shown less as law breakers and more as just gangs. Still, I'd go with pirate (Luffy style) just because bandits don't have the explorer flavor; and explorers are for the most part bound by law and authority (which I don't care all that much for). I'm not really inclined to kill or maim anybody so that leaves out bounty hunter and cipher poll work. I guess self defense is a different matter though.

Anyways, a short life full of adventure is way more valuable to me than a long life of following orders which I just can't stand to do (unless its like Garp, but even that I dunno). Ideals are still worth risking life and limb for even if it means going against forces that way outnumber/overshadow me.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    Pirate FTW I can't imagine a more interesting life than that of a pirate , especially with a captain like Luffy
    In relation to the One Piece world, how would you go about enjoying your life?

For example, the Pirate Path is unquestionably the most wild and free.
    Sure you would want to adventure, but what are the chances of getting crew members who also simply want to follow their dream and explore?
    What if your whole crew said they wanted to gain wealth? The vast majority of Pirates in One Piece simply want wealth and fast.

How would you react if your crew members went around killing and severely injuring anybody in there way? Something that a lot of Pirates seem to do in One Piece.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast