Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
223. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

4 1.79%
  • 2] Average

1 0.45%
  • 3] Good

12 5.38%
  • 4] Great

78 34.98%
  • 5] Epic

109 48.88%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

19 8.52%
New Reply
Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 698 Discussion / 699 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 698 Discussion / 699 Predictions (NEXT CHAPTER IN 2 WEEKS!)

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Now, which Yonkou will gonna fall first? Big Mom or Kaidou.
    Knowing Oda, I'd say.... Both at once. He's introduced two supernova pirate alliances so far. I don't expect anything less for an 9 crews all supernova alliance to fight both Big Mom and Kaidou together...

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

The cover-story isn't about Jinbe, so no problem at all, ahem. But he is a nakama at heart already.

Now, which Yonkou will gonna fall first? Big Mom or Kaidou. If it's the first, Jinbe could join the crew to fight Kaidou, which would be pretty nice and give him some needed time to interact with the Mugiwaras. I can see them take down one more major enemy, DD?, than Oda could give a cover-story to the Killer alliance, while simultaneously we see Luffy and co move towards Kaidou.
    Circumstances might emerge that allows Jinbe to join the Strawhats and Fishman Island to fly their Jolly Riger before Mam is challenged. Hypothetically Luffy defeats Kaido, prove his strength, convincing Neptune and Jinbe to break their allegiance to Big Mam without fear of reprisal. The other consideration is Caribou. As part of this saga he could lead either Drake, Kaido, or both to Fishman Island hoping to gain control of Poseidon. If that happens, and the arc climaxes with the defense of Fishman Island, it is possible they break alliance with Mam then and there, choosing instead to fly the jolly roger of their two time defender.

Does anyone else think Drake could be an ally of Kaido? At the time it seemed he was trying to position himself as an enemy of Kaido. That of course remains a reasonable expectation. But based on what we know now, couldn't it be possible that he was hoping to form an alliance with the Yonkou? We know now that you simply do not request an audience with one of the Yonkou, not if your a New World rookie, like Drake was at the time. What if by ceasing one of Kaido's islands, Drake wanted to prove himself a worthy ally, and strong enough for Kaido's crew? What better way would there be to do this? I think it would be more interesting if Drake ended up as an enemy this arc, a subordinate of Kaido.
    Last edited by Kaiten; February 10, 2013 at 11:37 AM.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NEMO View Post
    All then that would left is BlackBeard, Raftel, and the big war of Dragon vs WG. The remaining pages of One Piece would be left white.
    Nobody said it's gonna happen in the next one or two years nor does Oda intend to keep writing this manga for the next couple of decades. Meaning: Your argument makes no sense. What about Mugiwaras vs WG, Marines vs any Yonkou, A full RA saga, something we don't expect at all? We simply don't know what will happen or what Oda intends to do with his manga yet, any prediction could go wrong or end in dozens of differen scenarios.
    Last edited by Schabrak; February 10, 2013 at 11:08 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Does anyone else think Drake could be an ally of Kaido? At the time it seemed he was trying to position himself as an enemy of Kaido. That of course remains a reasonable expectation. But know what we know now, couldn't it be possible that he was hoping to form an alliance with the Yonkou? We know now that you simply do not request an audience with one of the Yonkou, not if your a New World rookie, like Drake was at the time. What if by ceasing one of Kaido's islands, Drake wanted to prove himself a worthy ally, and strong enough for Kaido's crew? What better way would there be to do this? I think it would be more interesting if Drake ended up as an enemy this arc, a subordinate of Kaido.
    Which may bring up an interesting question as well: Why join Kaidou? What Drake knows about the WG to leaves the marines and rush to the Yonkou?
    He was talkin 'bout Robin.
    He was talking about Nami and Robin. Jinbei was left out of those circumstances.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Which may bring up an interesting question as well: Why join Kaidou? What Drake knows about the WG to leaves the marines and rush to the Yonkou?
    Good question, but hard to say. There are many logical reason for Drake wanting to become ally of a Yonkou, rather than enemy. Drake may have some goal that requires freedom of movement to accomplish. Fighting a Yonkou would be an unnecessary waste of time and energy, restricting his movement. An alliance would give him the protection he needs, and freedom to travel relatively unmolested, necessary to accomplish his goal. What he wants might be in Kaido's territory, making an alliance with him more beneficial than with one of the other Yonkou. There are a lot of other possible explanations. Drake might just be a bad dude who, unlike Luffy and Kid, is perfectly content letting someone else be the boss.
    Last edited by Kaiten; February 10, 2013 at 12:01 PM.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I see Kaidou more as a long term enemy. Would be a shame for arguably the most mysterious living character in One Piece to be the first emperor to go down.

Logically, I'd go with Big Mom. Hints were given that her forces are not in best shape. I mean a "rookie" is sinking her allied ships and there seems to be a shortage of funds. By the looks of it, her most important goal is to get more candy and stuff herself with it (or people if there's no candy). On the other hand Kaidou is working actively to make his battle force stronger and Blackbeard is on a devil fruit hunt, which means he's taking out enemies with strong devil fruits at the same time. Only mystery here is Shanks, but I don't think he's the alcohol version of Big Mom. I doubt he'd be partying while Blackbeard is running wild.

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Quite logical since all of the SHs joined the arc they were introduced^^
    There were plenty of enemies who were followed in cover stories after they were beaten. Some of those events shown may tie in with the main story and some of them don't have to. Caribou isn't more likely to become SH just because he has his cover story is what I meant.

EDIT: V TLNSWR
    Last edited by Razh; February 10, 2013 at 12:43 PM.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tonix View Post
    ^I tried to read that but it was way too long, some paragraphs (and maybe something interesting to say) would really help.

Yeah, we don't even know if Kaido poops yet, his character still has too much mystery for Oda to 'kill' him off yet. I would also like to see Big Mom dealt with before Kaido is brought down.
    even if luffy and co defeat him i dont think he will be killed
    did luffy killed anyone ? i did not read all one piece so i dont know but in all i read luffy never killed anyone luffy's only one opponent is dead and DD kill him

Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    He was talking about Nami and Robin. Jinbei was left out of those circumstances.
    I totally forgot Nami's past

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

Nobody said it's gonna happen in the next one or two years nor does Oda intend to keep writing this manga for the next couple of decades. Meaning: Your argument makes no sense. What about Mugiwaras vs WG, Marines vs any Yonkou, A full RA saga, something we don't expect at all? We simply don't know what will happen or what Oda intends to do with his manga yet, any prediction could go wrong or end in dozens of differen scenarios.
    Yes, I know, to you particularly. The way thing are, what I said makes sense(some of it anyway, for I was half serious).

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by enmymiguel View Post
    After i see DD fighting....man law or luffy are not in hes level.
    the one who act in a different level then luffy and law is zoro.. He act all cocky and he dont fear nobody. What is wrong with him.
    Since timeskip. He has not been touch.
    Remember when Hodi caught him and put him in a cage with Usopp and Brook? He could've wounded him anyway he liked. And he would've been touched
    Last edited by NEMO; February 10, 2013 at 02:12 PM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Drake might just be a bad dude who, unlike Luffy and Kid, is perfectly content letting someone else be the boss.
    He shouldn't have a problem with that considering he was a marine for some good time of his life before turning pirate.
    Yes, I know, to you particularly. The way thing are, what I said makes sense(some of it anyway, for I was half serious).
    You mentioned to like smilies, that would have been the perfect time to mark it with one to make it not seem like a serious comment. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    I see Kaidou more as a long term enemy. Would be a shame for arguably the most mysterious living character in One Piece to be the first emperor to go down.
    Logically, I'd go with Big Mom. Hints were given that her forces are not in best shape. I mean a "rookie" is sinking her allied ships and there seems to be a shortage of funds.
    Most mysterious to you. Aside from not knowing his appearance, I know around as much about him as about Dragon or Big Mam.

And that's why we may see her being in a worse situation[power wise]. If she took Beries instead of candy, there might be enough funds for a bigger fleet, that doesn't turn herself and her crew any weaker though. Remember how one of her man came back from destroying a country?
    Last edited by Schabrak; February 10, 2013 at 03:00 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

He shouldn't have a problem with that considering he was a marine for some good time of his life before turning pirate.
    Beneath the rank of VA too. He should be comfortable taking orders, at least based on what we know now. Speaking of mysterious characters: we barely know anything about Drake. Other than Law and the Strawhats, how much do we really know about any of the Supernova?

Quote Quote:
    Most mysterious to you. Aside from not knowing his appearance, I know around as much about him as about Dragon or Big Mam.

And that's why we may see her being in a worse situation[power wise]. If she took Beries instead of candy, there might be enough funds for a bigger fleet, that doesn't turn herself and her crew any weaker though. Remember how one of her man came back from destroying a country?
    Mysterious has never meant much in One Piece. Oda loves shadowy, mysterious villains, and has the habit of obscuring their face when they do appear. Look at how he handled CC, Gekko Moriah, and Crocodile too. He loves introducing characters a long time before they actually appear. Jinbe was first mentioned in chapter 69. I'm not sure why he thinks it would suddenly matter that Kaido was somehow mysterious. That actually could be a clue he is the next big boss. We have been learning about his operation the last few chapters, and his connection to Dofla. All indications are that he is next, and Mam is being saved for later.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardMNixon View Post
    Re: Green Bit vs. Dressrosa. I see four possibilities
    1. He lied
    2. Dressrosa is a city/place on/in/at Green Bit (e.g. Windmill village in the Goa Kingdom) or vice versa.
    3. Law is going to Green Bit while the Straw Hats go to Dressrosa
    4. Green Bit is their ultimate destination with a few stops along the way.
    Is it just me who's thinking there is a possibility Green Bit is a nicknmae to a certain island ?

I don't think Law lied to Smoker . He's clever enough to see the connection Smoker has with the SH's

Quote Originally Posted by ShishiSonson View Post
    Smoker got already a scar, no need to add more.

Hi guys, I'm new ^^
    I've been following this forum for almost a year now xD
    Hi Glad that you decided to join the talk . I hope you enjoy your time here

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

It's my cat's name
    Has it ever occurred in One Piece. I mean that an island had a nickname?
    Well maybe i didn't express myself correctly .I was thinking more like a code name or something along those lines

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Where, where? xD
    Kuzan, the shadow on the "bird shaped" object.
    edit: You had to see it coming.

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    Is it just me who's thinking there is a possibility Green Bit is a nicknmae to a certain island ?
    Not you alone, there was a short discussion about it being the truth or not, the reason for a lie and against, etc.^^

The order of the posts here make me confused, what's going on?

Other than Law and the Strawhats, how much do we really know about any of the Supernova?

All indications are that he is next, and Mam is being saved for later.
    It's due to their origin that we know so little about them, IIRC they were created just before the Shanbody arc, which was a preperation for the Marineford arc, so Oda had no time to make up a background for any of them, just scatter a couple of possible hints and I doubt we will get one for each one of them, Bonney seems to be the only one with a need for one once her connection to the WG/Marines will be revealed finally.

As far as the plot goes, both could easily fall at the same time.
    Last edited by Schabrak; February 10, 2013 at 04:09 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Not you alone, there was a short discussion about it being the truth or not, the reason for a lie and against, etc.^^

I am well aware of all that talk But i saw no one thought of this possibility of Green Bit being for example Wano ?

I don't think Law lied . He knows that sooner or later DoFlamigo will figure out his plan so i think he said that maybe to receive a back up from him? Anything is possible

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Atleast you know what Dragon and Big Mom look like. Kaidou was first mentioned like 350 chapters ago and all we saw is a piece of mustashe (can't trust that old pic of Yonkou from Water 7).

I'm just describing things how I see them. Maybe she is strengthening her crew, but based on what we've seen so far, her crew goes around collecting candy-tax and destroying islands that can't meat demands. When I see any indiciation that she's actually doing something to boost her power, I'll be convinced.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

New Reply
Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast