Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
223. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

4 1.79%
  • 2] Average

1 0.45%
  • 3] Good

12 5.38%
  • 4] Great

78 34.98%
  • 5] Epic

109 48.88%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

19 8.52%
New Reply
Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 698 Discussion / 699 Predictions

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 698 Discussion / 699 Predictions (NEXT CHAPTER IN 1 WEEK!)

I REALLY don't like where this whole "CoC" thing is going. I mean, it's like everybody has it except for Blackbeard!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SirJack View Post
    I REALLY don't like where this whole "CoC" thing is going. I mean, it's like everybody has it except for Blackbeard!
    There are only like 7 people that we know of that are still alive. One in a million has it. Alabasta alone has population of 10 million.

And I thnk Blackbeard could easilly have it as well. And it's not like everyone has it. We're talking about leaders, people who are well respected or feared in the world. It would really be unfair if only good guys had it and Doflamingo's COC was well hinted during PH arc.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    There are only like 7 people that we know of that are still alive. One in a million has it. Alabasta alone has population of 10 million.
    One in a million doesn't have it, one in a million has to go through lot of shit to develop it, and maybe rigorous training, and then they might be diagnosed with CoC.

by this logic no native alabasta person will have CoC.
    Last edited by DLord.Van.Buuren; February 14, 2013 at 07:33 AM.
    "[I]If you think I'm gonna sit here idly by and do nothing, then you're right, because that's what I do here.[/I]"

Steven Hyde

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dark lord View Post
    One in a million doesn't have it, one in a million has to go through lot of shit to develop it, and maybe rigorous training, and then they might be diagnosed with CoC.
    Nitpick much?

That's what I meant, professor. Not everyone has a potential. One in a million has it. Some develop it and some don't.
    Last edited by Razh; February 14, 2013 at 07:42 AM.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

CoC is not developed, either you have it in you or not. You can train it once you have it but you can not train yourself to develop it. Ace was still a kid with no noteworthy training but he still triggered it.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner d_ace_shines's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: One Piece 698 Discussion / 699 Predictions (NEXT CHAPTER IN 1 WEEK!)

don't know if someone mention this before..

zoro

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

And I hope its more useful than just knocking out fodder.. I am hopeful it enables ranged haki attacks as well, but we'll see. From the explanation of it, its the ability to impose your will on things around you. So the stronger your will the stronger the effect. So far its just not that impressive. But no I wouldn't say everyone has it, just the big players in the world so far. And even then not all of them have it. I would expect Zoro has it too, sort of what he used to make Snow lady piss herself in fear.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 100

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by d_ace_shines View Post

zoro
    Yes, it was. That would have to be fixed in the volume release.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by d_ace_shines View Post
    zoro
    You are the first one to use a blue circle. Also post #71, #81 and #109.

Quote Originally Posted by llamapie View Post
    And I hope its more useful than just knocking out fodder.. I am hopeful it enables ranged haki attacks as well, but we'll see. From the explanation of it, its the ability to impose your will on things around you. So the stronger your will the stronger the effect. So far its just not that impressive. But no I wouldn't say everyone has it, just the big players in the world so far. And even then not all of them have it. I would expect Zoro has it too, sort of what he used to make Snow lady piss herself in fear.
    What exactly do you mean with "ranged"? Like CoC already does, like CoA is already used by the Kuja, like the three admirals defended themself and Ace in the Marineford war? I hope you don't intend to make it into a shitty hypnotic power, that's what it never will be or hinted to be at least.

Here is the thread for the haki talk: Use(s) of haki
    Last edited by Schabrak; February 14, 2013 at 11:56 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ssiko View Post
    Hello ,

I would also like to make a statement regarding alliances and of course regarding the last chapter.

For the last chapter , i don't really see aokiji and dd fighting , maybe a short exchange of attacks . since they are both probabily evenly matched . DD has no time left if law get's away he's screwed anyways so why should he waste time with aokiji.

for the alliences , i don't really see this as something special if 9 or 10 pirate crews attack Kaido at once and manage 2 win . But it would be great if a small alliance of 2 would manage to draw him out and take him down. That's why I would not really enjoy the alliance getting bigger.

have a nice day !
    welcome on MH! . I actually think aokiji and dd will fight,it'd be a shame if oda prevented this fight from happening,as we are all looking forward to witnessing it. I dare say oda can show us that fight to make the story even better! furthermore,keep in mind that dd should be slowed down,to let rufy and law attack dressrosa and free kinemon's comrade. Dd will be screwed,as he will lose both cc and his position as a warlord.
    finally,I don't think is that easy taking down an emperor,if the alliance is made of 10crews or more : these guys are the only pirates who could keep up with WB back then,and they have got a lot of strong men too (such as Marco and Ben Beckman, at admiral level,or jaws and ace ecc.). In fact I think it's still to soon for them to fight kaido,they must get rid of joker first!

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Would you mind going into more detail about what you mean by "everyone"? Only seven characters have been identified as CoC users, one is dead. Why a problem with Dofla, of all characters, having CoC abilities? He's been depicted as elite since he was first introduced at Jaya.

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/13916/o...y_mangarule/15

CoC can not be acquired by training. It's an innate ability; you either have it, or you don't. CoC is the user's spirit (will power, resolve) manifest, and can only be strengthened through personal growth. Literally, only one person in a million have the ability.

Quote Quote:
    He was trying to illustrate the population of the One Piece world as a whole. There are seven known CoC users in the manga (six living), and ten million citizens of Alabasta. The ratio of CoC users to citizens of Alabasta is less than one to one million, meaning the ratio of known users to world population would be far below that ratio. Given the nature of the power, if anyone from Alabasta could use CoC, they would be very well known throughout the One Piece world (see the link above for Rayleigh's explanation). Because this is not the case, and knowing how rare a power it is, we can conclude that until someone is revealed, there are no CoC users present on Alabasta.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Uh, I believe that both Ace and Whitebeard could use CoC, so that would be a total of eight users.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    Uh, I believe that both Ace and Whitebeard could use CoC, so that would be a total of eight users.
    Shanks, Boa, DD, WB, Ace, Rayleigh, Luffy. 7 characters so far. Who is supposed to be the eighth?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Shanks, Boa, DD, WB, Ace, Rayleigh, Luffy. 7 characters so far. Who is supposed to be the eighth?
    I think the guy accidentally counted the non-canon character.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    welcome on MH! . I actually think aokiji and dd will fight,it'd be a shame if oda prevented this fight from happening,as we are all looking forward to witnessing it. I dare say oda can show us that fight to make the story even better! furthermore,keep in mind that dd should be slowed down,to let rufy and law attack dressrosa and free kinemon's comrade. Dd will be screwed,as he will lose both cc and his position as a warlord.
    finally,I don't think is that easy taking down an emperor,if the alliance is made of 10crews or more : these guys are the only pirates who could keep up with WB back then,and they have got a lot of strong men too (such as Marco and Ben Beckman, at admiral level,or jaws and ace ecc.). In fact I think it's still to soon for them to fight kaido,they must get rid of joker first!
    I'm not sure we will see this fight. I don't think DoFlamingo wants to fight someone like Aokiji. Especially since retrieving Law is more urgent, a strategical retreat would be wiser in my opinion.

New Reply
Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast