Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
223. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

4 1.79%
  • 2] Average

1 0.45%
  • 3] Good

12 5.38%
  • 4] Great

78 34.98%
  • 5] Epic

109 48.88%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

19 8.52%
New Reply
Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 698 Discussion / 699 Predictions

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 698 Discussion / 699 Predictions (NEXT CHAPTER IN 1 WEEK!)

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    I'm not sure we will see this fight. I don't think DoFlamingo wants to fight someone like Aokiji. Especially since retrieving Law is more urgent, a strategical retreat would be wiser in my opinion.
    that's why oda should stop him now,as he would get in law's way. Imo,oda should make dd in troubles by making law and luffy in advantage,that will also make dd in a hurry and pissed off,which will make the story more interesting.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    I'm not sure we will see this fight. I don't think DoFlamingo wants to fight someone like Aokiji. Especially since retrieving Law is more urgent, a strategical retreat would be wiser in my opinion.
    If it would be a fight or not, doesn't depend on Doflamingo's hurries only. It could be true that, right now, Kuzan doesn't has motives to fight Doflamingo. But if that would depend on Smoker judgement, well, he surely would like to imprison that major broker. And he could ask his powerful friend to catch that criminal, and Kusan could have been ready to help him.

But with the children experimentation, to me, it wouldn't be believable to see Aokiji and Smoker waving good bye to a safe Dofla... because he was covering up the whole crime.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

No matter what the next chap will be amazing . I tend to believe Aokiji and DOFlamingo will fight for a while and then somehow DoFlamingo will cleverly slip by him and hurry to Dressrosa ...maybe he'll receive a call from there informing him of Law's arrival there *shrugs*`
    Last edited by matzik1212; February 14, 2013 at 04:35 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    No matter what the next chap will be amazing . I tend to believe Aokiji and Smoker will fight for a while and then somehow DoFlamingo will cleverly slip by him and hurry to Dressrosa ...maybe he'll receive a call from there informing him of Law's arrival there *shrugs*`
    Why would Aokiji fight Smoker? Didn't you see the part where he stopped Doflamingo from killing Smoker because he's his friend?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    If it would be a fight or not, doesn't depend on Doflamingo's hurries only. It could be true that, right now, Kuzan doesn't has motives to fight Doflamingo. But if that would depend on Smoker judgement, well, he surely would like to imprison that major broker. And he could ask his powerful friend to catch that criminal, and Kusan could have been ready to help him.

But with the children experimentation, to me, it wouldn't be believable to see Aokiji and Smoker waving good bye to a safe Dofla... because he was covering up the whole crime.
    Just like you said, it does not only depend on DD whether they will fight or not. It would surely be disadvantageous for DD to start a fight in this moment, especially against an opponent he probably would not win, even in a long fight. The thing is, we still do not know Kuzan´s motives. Why is he on PH? What did he do the last 2 years? The only thing we can say for sure right now is that he is still a friend of Smoker which is obviously helpful for the latter. More than a fight, i really hope for more information about Kuzan.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    Why would Aokiji fight Smoker? Didn't you see the part where he stopped Doflamingo from killing Smoker because he's his friend?
    Sorry i meant DoFlamingo (corrected that)

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Law here says that brokers try to not get noticed by Marines, make deals in the shadows.
    So this + info from New World Times
    "Crocodile is managing to elude any Marines searching for him."
    Makes me think that he has to be one of brokers right now.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

2 things can happen: either doflamingo escapes during the fight (as he has no chance of defeating aokiji),or he gets frozen by kuzan. I'd love to see that,though he will likely escape. I can accept that,but only if that happens after a clear statement that dd can't keep up with an admiral.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I do hope Doflamingo escapes. I think the honor of taking him down belongs to Luffy. He's been a force that's caused effected the Seven Warlords for quite awhile. Think about it: he defeated two, befriended two others (even asked one of them to join his crew), got help from a fifth, and earned the respect of another, and has formed alliance with one more. I'd say he's the only one who can have a massive effect on them. So why not let him have the privilege of taking down the most fearsome of the Warlords?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SHeeDeD's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 698 Discussion / 699 Predictions (NEXT CHAPTER IN 2 WEEKS!)

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    You are the one to disagree, so you are in need to provide other possibilities... why should he do your work?
    im playing teacher role but u have nothing o do with this are u his lawyer?:P and im giving him chance to respond he can ezly say "no" in one of hist long posts

SRSLY i love ur posts Schabrak but plz give the man a chance to reply himslef

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SHeeDeD View Post
    im playing teacher role but u have nothing o do with this are u his lawyer?:P and im giving him chance to respond he can ezly say "no" in one of hist long posts

SRSLY i love ur posts Schabrak but plz give the man a chance to reply himslef
    When I disagree I at least explain why and then provide an alternative. You might try to do the same. Helps keep the discussion going. Of course, all options were covered in previous posts, so I don't know what you wanted from me. If you disagree, then that's that. But here, since you gave me a chance to respond...

Smoker was either knocked completely out by 5 wirse slashes or Doflamingo captured him with his wires and prevented him from moving. Since people in One Piece don't get completely knocked out by minor slash injuries and Doflamingo fights binding people with his wires, I tend to believe in the second option. I think most of the people who were paying attention during Smoker's and Doflamingo's fights should agree.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Leonsagara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Shanks, Boa, DD, WB, Ace, Rayleigh, Luffy. 7 characters so far. Who is supposed to be the eighth?
    Roger had it for sure, so that makes three dead characters with it and 8 total.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Smoker was either knocked completely out by 5 wirse slashes or Doflamingo captured him with his wires and prevented him from moving. Since people in One Piece don't get completely knocked out by minor slash injuries and Doflamingo fights binding people with his wires, I tend to believe in the second option. I think most of the people who were paying attention during Smoker's and Doflamingo's fights should agree.
    I cant agree with going for second option.
    For me Smoker got hit to the face just at start of the fight. Doflamingo was pissed off and took him by suprise using his Haki on those strings. Thats why Smoker looked lot weaker than him. He is weaker but not THAT much. This scene made me remember Marv vs Kevin from Sin City, Kevin blinded Marv for a moment with cuts to the face and KOed him in next move with hammer to the face.

I dont believe that Doflamingo can catch logia with wires, even using Haki. Smoker would have to look like that

For strings to totally restrain him
    Even after Luffy catched Cesar when they first meet, he wasnt able to make him solid and unable to move his entire body.
    Maybe being heavily wounded/being near death handicaped Smokers DF usage at the moment.
    Last edited by vagabond87; February 14, 2013 at 06:20 PM.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond87 View Post
    I dont believe that Doflamingo can catch logia with wires, even using Haki. Smoker would have to look like that

For strings to totally restrain him
    Even after Luffy catched Cesar when they first meet, he wasnt able to make him solid and unable to move his entire body.
    Maybe being heavily wounded/being near death handicaped Smokers DF usage at the moment.
    I think you're forgetting something. Doflamingo doesn't need to wrap Smoker in a coccoon with his wires. It's enough to put a couple of wires around him, maybe arm, leg, neck... So, he uses Haki on them as well. What would happen to Smoker if he tried to get away in his smoke form? That's right, couple of cuts if he's lucky, couple of lost limbs/head if he's not.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leonsagara View Post
    Roger had it for sure, so that makes three dead characters with it and 8 total.
    Yeah but we are talking about confirmed users. I would not be surprised if Kaidou and BM or even Mihawk have it, too but it is still not confirmed and in Roger´s case it may never be.

New Reply
Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast