Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
223. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

    4 1.79%
  • 2] Average

    1 0.45%
  • 3] Good

    12 5.38%
  • 4] Great

    78 34.98%
  • 5] Epic

    109 48.88%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

    19 8.52%
New Reply
Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 555 of 632

Thread: One Piece 698 Discussion / 699 Predictions

  1. #541
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,208
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 698 Discussion / 699 Predictions (NEXT CHAPTER IN 1 WEEK!)

    Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Shanks, Boa, DD, WB, Ace, Rayleigh, Luffy. 7 characters so far. Who is supposed to be the eighth?
    Dragon is heavily implied by Iwankov. I really don't have a reason to doubt it. Garp could have it too, although implications aren't that hard. Garp said he knew Luffy had it in him as well. If his grandson has it, and his son has it...

    Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!


    (thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

  2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #542
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    England
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    569
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 698 Discussion / 699 Predictions (NEXT CHAPTER IN 2 WEEKS!)

    Quote Originally Posted by SHeeDeD View Post
    im playing teacher role but u have nothing o do with this are u his lawyer?:P and im giving him chance to respond he can ezly say "no" in one of hist long posts

    SRSLY i love ur posts Schabrak but plz give the man a chance to reply himslef

    you make a good point but law should take him down because it was law who was an ex-member of his crew and it would be an emotionally and physically hurtful to DD if he gets beaten by law

  4. #543
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,145
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 698 Discussion / 699 Predictions (NEXT CHAPTER IN 1 WEEK!)

    Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    I do hope Doflamingo escapes. I think the honor of taking him down belongs to Luffy. He's been a force that's caused effected the Seven Warlords for quite awhile. Think about it: he defeated two, befriended two others (even asked one of them to join his crew), got help from a fifth, and earned the respect of another, and has formed alliance with one more. I'd say he's the only one who can have a massive effect on them. So why not let him have the privilege of taking down the most fearsome of the Warlords?
    I don't understand this kind of post! Why should a certain enemy be defeated just by the main villain? We already know that dd will be defeated,and that he isn't the strongest character either,so there's no problem if he is defeated by aokiji mow,and in some volumes he falls against luffy too. Moria was introduced as a man who had already list in the NW against kaido,and whose dreams were shattered. Now we have already had the proof that dd would be stomped by kaido,no problems if aokiji owns him too.

  5. #544
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,261
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 698 Discussion / 699 Predictions (NEXT CHAPTER IN 1 WEEK!)

    Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    I don't understand this kind of post! Why should a certain enemy be defeated just by the main villain? We already know that dd will be defeated,and that he isn't the strongest character either,so there's no problem if he is defeated by aokiji mow,and in some volumes he falls against luffy too. Moria was introduced as a man who had already list in the NW against kaido,and whose dreams were shattered. Now we have already had the proof that dd would be stomped by kaido,no problems if aokiji owns him too.
    Still, since Dressrosa is his base, it's obvious that he's the main antagonist of the next arc, and Luffy always fights the main antagonist of each arc.

  6. #545
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vagabond87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Country
    Poland
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,719
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 698 Discussion / 699 Predictions (NEXT CHAPTER IN 2 WEEKS!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    I think you're forgetting something. Doflamingo doesn't need to wrap Smoker in a coccoon with his wires. It's enough to put a couple of wires around him, maybe arm, leg, neck... So, he uses Haki on them as well. What would happen to Smoker if he tried to get away in his smoke form? That's right, couple of cuts if he's lucky, couple of lost limbs/head if he's not.
    Well, If I think about it like that he can immobilize him like that, even example that I gave somehow adds to what you say- If Luffy had hold of Cesar in like few more places at time than just over waist line he would be able to hold him in one place, you are right in this.
    Still for me he gotten immobilized just like Marv by Kevin in Sin City- after first attack that blinded/ handicaped him so he was almost unable to fight back at the moment- and then he hit the ground after next attack(s), next his moves were restrained by Haki imbued wires.
    Last edited by vagabond87; February 15, 2013 at 04:46 AM.

  7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #546
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,145
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 698 Discussion / 699 Predictions (NEXT CHAPTER IN 1 WEEK!)

    Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    Still, since Dressrosa is his base, it's obvious that he's the main antagonist of the next arc, and Luffy always fights the main antagonist of each arc.
    uhm,not exactly: during the war's saga (from vol.50 to vol.61) luffy didn't actually fought the main enemy,had a main enemy been there... this time is a different case too,as there is law's crew and an alliance. I really don't know whether oda will make this saga against dd,leaving kaido for the future,or making all of them join this saga...

  9. #547
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    At miles away from you...:p
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,966
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 698 Discussion / 699 Predictions (NEXT CHAPTER IN 1 WEEK!)

    Okay let's direct all the talk about haki to the right thread shall we There you have http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...ror-haki-users

  10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  11. #548
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Posts
    27,424
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 698 Discussion / 699 Predictions (NEXT CHAPTER IN 1 WEEK!)

    Quote Originally Posted by vagabond87 View Post
    Law here says that brokers try to not get noticed by Marines, make deals in the shadows.
    So this + info from New World Times
    "Crocodile is managing to elude any Marines searching for him."
    Makes me think that he has to be one of brokers right now.
    He is the former leader of a criminal network, it would make sense if no that he is free, he resumes a life of crime.

    Quote Originally Posted by alisdfd View Post
    you make a good point but law should take him down because it was law who was an ex-member of his crew and it would be an emotionally and physically hurtful to DD if he gets beaten by law
    Law is a supporting character. Supporting characters do not defeat the main bad guy of an arc.

    Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    uhm,not exactly: during the war's saga (from vol.50 to vol.61) luffy didn't actually fought the main enemy,had a main enemy been there... this time is a different case too,as there is law's crew and an alliance. I really don't know whether oda will make this saga against dd,leaving kaido for the future,or making all of them join this saga...
    Who exactly was the main enemy in the war? And since Luffy did not defeat them, who did? If there was no main enemy, or they were not defeated at all, how exactly does that support your point?

    ---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    I don't understand this kind of post! Why should a certain enemy be defeated just by the main villain? We already know that dd will be defeated,and that he isn't the strongest character either,so there's no problem if he is defeated by aokiji mow,and in some volumes he falls against luffy too. Moria was introduced as a man who had already list in the NW against kaido,and whose dreams were shattered. Now we have already had the proof that dd would be stomped by kaido,no problems if aokiji owns him too.
    Kaido is the strongest villain of the saga, not the arc. It may be two years before they fight Kaido. In the meantime, Dofla is the strongest villain of this arc. Luffy is currently headed to Dressrosa, Dofla's home base. He well have to be defeated before they move on. Luffy will fight Dofla for the same reason he fought Mr. 3. He was not the strongest villain of the Baroque Works Saga, but he was the strongest of the Little Garden Arc.

    More importantly, beating Dofla let's Luffy level up. Defeating Dofla will announce his arrival in the New World, and initiate his rise as a power, culminating in his fight with Kaido. If anyone else beats Dofla, it's just another fight, no different than Zoro beating Monet. If Luffy beats Dofla, he can begin building his reputation in the New World.
    Last edited by Kaiten; February 15, 2013 at 02:06 PM.

  12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  13. #549
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    South Africa and America.
    Country
    South Africa
    Age
    34
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    966
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 698 Discussion / 699 Predictions (NEXT CHAPTER IN 1 WEEK!)

    If Luffy defeats Doflamingo, he'll not only have Kaidou to deal with it, but the Marines as well. Plus, Akainu, I believe, wants him badly for escaping him from before and there's the great amount attention being drawn to him and his crew. If anything, the events on "Fishman Island" alone, have probably circled throughout the New World by now, let alone the World Government.

    And after this "Punk Hazard" arc ends, I'm sure, the Elder Stars will make their new orders made next. The only thing is, the World Government cannot just roam into New World territory, where their jurisdiction ends.

  14. #550
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Posts
    27,424
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 698 Discussion / 699 Predictions (NEXT CHAPTER IN 1 WEEK!)

    Why would he have to deal with the Marine? Other than already being a wanted criminal.

  15. #551
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    At miles away from you...:p
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,966
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 698 Discussion / 699 Predictions (NEXT CHAPTER IN 1 WEEK!)

    It's possible Marines will intervene in all this fight . I mean everyone knows by now what happened so i suppose they are on the SH's tail

    The fight will become quite lively
    Last edited by matzik1212; February 15, 2013 at 06:10 PM.

  16. #552
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Posts
    27,424
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 698 Discussion / 699 Predictions (NEXT CHAPTER IN 1 WEEK!)

    The Strawhats have already defeated two Shichibukai. The Marine did not pursue them after Alabasta or Thriller Bark. Hina tried to block their escape from Alabasta, but did not follow when they broke through. Kuma was sent to kill them at Punk Hazard, but allowed them to escape. After they escaped neither the Marine nor Government pursued. I doubt they will intervene any more this time. The Marine generally do not seem to like the Shichibukai anyway. Some likely will be happy to see Doflamingo fall, Akainu among them. Luffy's bounty probably will rise into 400million range, but that's all I expect to happen.

  17. #553
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,145
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 698 Discussion / 699 Predictions (NEXT CHAPTER IN 1 WEEK!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    He is the former leader of a criminal network, it would make sense if no that he is free, he resumes a life of crime.
    THAT'S what I said some days ago,though my post was deleted. Crocodile is most likely jack,I wonder what kind of men are under him now.



    Quote Quote:
    Who exactly was the main enemy in the war? And since Luffy did not defeat them, who did? If there was no main enemy, or they were not defeated at all, how exactly does that support your point?
    You didn't understand,I said this exact thing: that guy bet dd will be defeated by luffy,cause he is the main villain and luffy has always been fighting the main enemy in every arc. I told him that things have changed,as in the war's saga there wasn't even a main villain,and this time there's an alliance.new things can imply different ways in oda's mind.


    Quote Quote:
    Kaido is the strongest villain of the saga, not the arc. It may be two years before they fight Kaido. In the meantime, Dofla is the strongest villain of this arc. Luffy is currently headed to Dressrosa, Dofla's home base. He well have to be defeated before they move on. Luffy will fight Dofla for the same reason he fought Mr. 3. He was not the strongest villain of the Baroque Works Saga, but he was the strongest of the Little Garden Arc.

    More importantly, beating Dofla let's Luffy level up. Defeating Dofla will announce his arrival in the New World, and initiate his rise as a power, culminating in his fight with Kaido. If anyone else beats Dofla, it's just another fight, no different than Zoro beating Monet. If Luffy beats Dofla, he can begin building his reputation in the New World.
    thats the point,I think dd is the main enemy of the saga,kaido's turn will come much later.but that's just my opinion,and I'm not sure of it either...
    Last edited by goldb; February 15, 2013 at 08:14 PM.

  18. #554
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    238
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 698 Discussion / 699 Predictions (NEXT CHAPTER IN 1 WEEK!)

    I believe we will see Drake soon because is a 50/50 he is working for kaidou.
    When it comes to DD and Aokiji I think they will fight for a bit then Vergo is going to step in having Aokiji at a disadvantage and he is
    Probably going to stop fighting to take care of other things like making sure the g5 leave the island with smoker.

  19. #555
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Westeros
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,625
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 698 Discussion / 699 Predictions (NEXT CHAPTER IN 1 WEEK!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Dragon is heavily implied by Iwankov. I really don't have a reason to doubt it. Garp could have it too, although implications aren't that hard. Garp said he knew Luffy had it in him as well. If his grandson has it, and his son has it...
    Well, that could be a gold mine for sperm banks.
    Quote Originally Posted by FetherMan View Post
    If Luffy defeats Doflamingo, he'll not only have Kaidou to deal with it, but the Marines as well. Plus, Akainu, I believe, wants him badly for escaping him from before and there's the great amount attention being drawn to him and his crew. If anything, the events on "Fishman Island" alone, have probably circled throughout the New World by now, let alone the World Government.

    And after this "Punk Hazard" arc ends, I'm sure, the Elder Stars will make their new orders made next. The only thing is, the World Government cannot just roam into New World territory, where their jurisdiction ends.
    When Luffy ever cared who was after him? And everyone is after him nowadays. He's on the road to have all the world on his back, so you just wait. Marines aren't that much of treat and so far this new era of Aikanu proved nothing. Seriously. I'm sure Vergo is not the only official in there. There is probably more. A lot more. And I'm sure revolutionaries have some as well.

    And their "official" jurisdiction ends, but they probably have agents for that. As pirates have infiltrators on the marine, I'm sure marine have their own men under some Yonkous.

    Now I'm thinking on Drake as a double agent.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

New Reply
Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts