Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: What fight would you like to witness&

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Toriko vs Starjun

2 15.38%
  • Sani vs Tommyrod

0 0%
  • Coco vs Grinpatch

0 0%
  • Setsuno vs Chiyo

1 7.69%
  • Setsuno vs entire Bishokukai presented on Cooking Fest

4 30.77%
  • Setsuno vs traitor

2 15.38%
  • Mansam vs everyone

0 0%
  • Shigematsu finally showing up

1 7.69%
  • Zebra finally getting to kick ass

2 15.38%
  • Zonge finishing this War

1 7.69%
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Toriko 221 Discussion Thread

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 221 Spoiler Thread

Maybe Elg is nearly Sous-Chef level ? I remember he was sometime ago the only Branch Chef at Gourmet World level (lately we saw Jerry Boy and Yuu in Gourmet World too)..

I hope so cause if he doesn't I'm afraid it'll be too one sided the fight between him and Buranchi, even with the implied release of power for the next chapters.
    Last edited by FerreiraDaSilva; February 05, 2013 at 09:40 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I taught Zonge will be the one to shine or Mansam but Setsuno is the one that shines the most!... From that statement by Setsuno I think Zaus will probably the one that will fight him or she will be double or triple teamed or be trap by someone I can't still figure out how the enemies will battle against Setsuno given that he gave Alfaro the right hand of the Boss of Bishokukai wet his pants in Ice hell

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shadoguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a pretty cool chapter, but somehow, I don't think this will end well for the IGO. Though all the good guys were showing some pretty cool moves, they've mainly only faced the small fry golems. We've yet to see any real action from the main members of the Bishokukai and higher class golems. Also, it is usually the case that those who show their cards first are generally the ones who end up losing, and I doubt an organization as large as the Bishokukai would attempt such a large and public invasion without a decent and subtler plan up thei sleeves. However, in the end, my personal prediction is that the Bishokukai will be driven off, capturing very few chefs, but amongst them is Komatsu.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoguardian View Post
    However, in the end, my personal prediction is that the Bishokukai will be driven off, capturing very few chefs, but amongst them is Komatsu.
    I don't think Komatsu is one of them but I think there will be big names chef that will be captured... Because I think Komatsu will need to get stronger and with him being captured it will not help him in any way

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

So many things happened in this single chapter! You won't even notice that the continuation to Star and Toriko's fight is missing. Shima is really good at satisfying his readers.
    Can't wait to see Setsuno get really serious. And Mansam is a real badass! He was a former bandit and only the president was able to stop him. And Buranchi just 1-hit KOed a 1st division chief! I'm sure Yuda's knife is from Melk. It looks as badass as the president's. Only smaller.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

It was nice to see the chefs in action, and of course Mansam. The thought of Setsuno getting seriously involved is getting me excited. I'm beginning to wonder what surprises are going to be brought along by the Bishokukai. At the moment it seems as though the combined might of the IGO, chefs, and allies should be more than enough to handle what the Bishokukai have to offer. The question is what is the precise goal of the Bishokukai?

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

The main goal for the attack is to get as much strong chefs as possible. Second is to decrease IGO's strength in the Gourmet World.
    I have a bad feeling about Setsuno in the upcoming chapters. I'm thinking that she would show her superb power but would be stopped before she beats all of Bishokukai in the area. I'm feeling someone would knock her unconscious and she'd get kidnapped. Or the enemy would use someone close or important to her as hostage and she would be forced to surrender to them.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llydnarz View Post
    The main goal for the attack is to get as much strong chefs as possible. Second is to decrease IGO's strength in the Gourmet World.
    I have a bad feeling about Setsuno in the upcoming chapters. I'm thinking that she would show her superb power but would be stopped before she beats all of Bishokukai in the area. I'm feeling someone would knock her unconscious and she'd get kidnapped. Or the enemy would use someone close or important to her as hostage and she would be forced to surrender to them.
    Setsuno being kidnapped or killed for me is a huge twist if it will be done but I highly doubt that the Bishokukai will want to face an angry Jirou if they will touch Setsuno ^^

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

EPICNESS under the form of a chapter; guess I've said everything with this.
    Can't wait to see the battles ahead and I hope that Match and Takimaru will give an excellent performance against the Bishokukai.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tobeulp View Post
    Setsuno being kidnapped or killed for me is a huge twist if it will be done but I highly doubt that the Bishokukai will want to face an angry Jirou if they will touch Setsuno ^^
    If they're ready to face the President and the whole IGO, then I guess they're also willing to face Jirou. As long as they're going to benefit from it. Having the top living chef in the whole world would give them a huge lead.
    Honestly right now, I think Jirou is the weakest among the three disciples of Acacia.
    But I have this wild thought that Jirou could be a part of a third faction. His absence in all of the commotion that happened is really making me think.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llydnarz View Post
    The main goal for the attack is to get as much strong chefs as possible. Second is to decrease IGO's strength in the Gourmet World. .
    The problem is from what the Bishokukai has shown so far, those goals seem out of mind. With the available combatants at the Fest, there is little chance of winning the battle for the Bishokukai. In terms of stealing chefs, the Bishokukai have already effectively captured a substantial number of chefs using other more effective methods; surely one-on-one attacks on the chefs would be far more effective. Some of the chefs the Bishokukai have gained are undoubtedly going to lose their lives in this battle, as are some of the Fest chefs. I don't see how the Bishokukai end up with a significantly higher, or more impressive, chef count than they had before their invasion. Which is why I question that that is motivating the attack. This method is clearly not very effective at completing that goal. And as for reducing IGO's strength within the Gourmet World, that's not particularly achieved either. The vast majority of IGO's strength lies with the members that met at the 0th Biotope, only one of those individuals is at the Fest, and he wasn't meant to be. The only Gourmet World level IGO fighters at the Fest are Mansam and the Four Heavenly Kings, and maybe a few of the chefs might also meet that classification. The IGO's strength in the Gourmet World should barely be affected by the events here, regardless of the outcome. And there is also the fact that if the Bishokukai sustain losses equal to or greater than the IGO, the battle becomes meaningless or a loss for them. And that result seems likely based on who has shown up. Unless they have some ridiculous cards to lay down as the battle goes on to face up against the likes of Yuda, Mansam, Buranchi, and Setsuno, or to capture the whole lot of chefs in one swoop, this would be one of the most ridiculous ways of achieving the two goals you mentioned.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What a chapter! I can't even put it into words. I think I've been blinded by pure awesomeness.

Did someone say handsome? All that power and he hasn't really done any "special" moves yet, just plain punches really (even though the hits are named).
    And check out Rin at the end of her section. Did I see an ominous aura forming around her as she was about to get serious? I know she's fighting the underlings, but she's still by herself and probably one of the weaker IGO members. It's time for the author to give her some shine.

I liked all the cooks moves but I like Yuda and his sword/knife the best. And Setsuno...just awesome! This is getting very interesting but I don't think its gonna drag on with each chef getting a chance to shine like I previously thought. Outside of the 4 Kings fights, I think we'll get another chapter like this one where the Gourmet Knights and maybe the Gourmet Yakuza show off a little bit. And I think Setsuno will get some time to shine, but there's been a trend that I hope Shima doesn't follow.
    In other mangas, when a strong "old timer" showed their strength, they either die or get severely injured...Whitebeard, Yamamoto, Tsuchikage, the other kage for that matter, etc. (I have other examples but don't know how popular those mangas are)
    But this makes me think that not only will the IGO side get banged up, but a few chefs that we didn't think would get captured, will get captured.

I think all the chefs showed in this chapter except Yuda and Setsuno will be kidnapped. And I think Setsuno will be severely injured. As much as I'd hate to see Setsuno hurt, the wrath of the Knocking Master is something I would very much like to see.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    The problem is from what the Bishokukai has shown so far, those goals seem out of mind. With the available combatants at the Fest, there is little chance of winning the battle for the Bishokukai. In terms of stealing chefs, the Bishokukai have already effectively captured a substantial number of chefs using other more effective methods; surely one-on-one attacks on the chefs would be far more effective. Some of the chefs the Bishokukai have gained are undoubtedly going to lose their lives in this battle, as are some of the Fest chefs. I don't see how the Bishokukai end up with a significantly higher, or more impressive, chef count than they had before their invasion. Which is why I question that that is motivating the attack. This method is clearly not very effective at completing that goal. And as for reducing IGO's strength within the Gourmet World, that's not particularly achieved either. The vast majority of IGO's strength lies with the members that met at the 0th Biotope, only one of those individuals is at the Fest, and he wasn't meant to be. The only Gourmet World level IGO fighters at the Fest are Mansam and the Four Heavenly Kings, and maybe a few of the chefs might also meet that classification. The IGO's strength in the Gourmet World should barely be affected by the events here, regardless of the outcome. And there is also the fact that if the Bishokukai sustain losses equal to or greater than the IGO, the battle becomes meaningless or a loss for them. And that result seems likely based on who has shown up. Unless they have some ridiculous cards to lay down as the battle goes on to face up against the likes of Yuda, Mansam, Buranchi, and Setsuno, or to capture the whole lot of chefs in one swoop, this would be one of the most ridiculous ways of achieving the two goals you mentioned.
    The Bishokukai still hasn't shown their full force. If the IGO had these much strong guys that were only introduced in the last chapters, I'm sure the Bishokukai has their own aces to show too in the following chapters. And these guys wouldn't mind playing it dirty as long as they achieve their goal. So I'm sure they got a nasty strategy that the IGO wouldn't expect and would ensure their goal.

And I agree with VashDaStampede. That's the same bad feeling I'm having on Setsuno. But I'm hoping she wouldn't get killed.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 221 Discussion Thread

What a great chapter...the battle is shown in it's frenzy, but even so, the author manages to bring the humor...entertainment at its best...I have to say that I missed the awesomeness of Zonge, so he was a welcome sight, but what got to me, and I didn't notice him before...

3 lenses...just how much cooler can a character be?

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast