Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)

View Poll Results: What fight would you like to witness&

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Toriko vs Starjun

2 15.38%
  • Sani vs Tommyrod

0 0%
  • Coco vs Grinpatch

0 0%
  • Setsuno vs Chiyo

1 7.69%
  • Setsuno vs entire Bishokukai presented on Cooking Fest

4 30.77%
  • Setsuno vs traitor

2 15.38%
  • Mansam vs everyone

0 0%
  • Shigematsu finally showing up

1 7.69%
  • Zebra finally getting to kick ass

2 15.38%
  • Zonge finishing this War

1 7.69%
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Toriko 221 Discussion Thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 221 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    What a great chapter...the battle is shown in it's frenzy, but even so, the author manages to bring the humor...entertainment at its best...I have to say that I missed the awesomeness of Zonge, so he was a welcome sight, but what got to me, and I didn't notice him before...

3 lenses...just how much cooler can a character be?
    Wait until you see his trinoculars.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SK-Hao's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Such a great chapter hard to say anything it was so good. Foremost I'm so glad Rin got some panel space she is so badass she really needs to shine more seeing as she is the only hot prominent female character plus she looks like a sexy ninja, the outfit could be better though I'm thinking something like Shigure from Kenichi.

Last page was so badass. Setsuna could end this in an instant but Bishoukai must have know about that and have a countermeasure waiting. (Zaus?) I dont think anyone could have predicted how cool Mansam would be, I want to hear more about his past.
    Basically theres so much going on I diddnt even care about seeing the conclusion of Torikos fight we can get to that.
    Devour this Manga

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

The chapter was absolutely awesome!

All the Chgefs showed some incredible powers.
    And I especially liked Yuda's sword techs and Buranchi's Lightning moves. He is quite strong taking down Elg in one shot. Still, I think Elg will come back.

And Setrsuno, saying that she will end this in an instant. That's interesting. I do believe she can easily end this. But I think it won't be that easy. I think she might start taking down Bishokukai, when she will face a traitor (Kousairou or someone else) with the help from Chiyo and Setsuno will be busy with them for some time.

Mansam was damn badass.) He is such a baddie. So Ichiryu was the one who sealed his enormous power and recruted him to IGO. Now we will witness the power of the third man in IGO.
    And we should not forget about Shigematsu.

Also finally a fight, where Rin can shine. And looking at her... anyone remembers Mortal Combat? Milena or Kitana?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Toriko : The first manga I ever read in which the villain character/group of the manga is actually so much weaker than the protagonist character or group... Reading Setsuno's line really made me believe that she can finish them all by herself, and at the same time I was like 'man this Bishokukai is really loosing their mind coming to enemy's territory only with that kind of fire power.

Well actually if we look further, Bishokukai vs Igo, man this Bishokukai really have to step up their game big time. I mean look at Igo, they have 0th Biotope. I would say Igo have 20 of Starjuns (or maybe stronger than him). Ok let say Midorima has gotten stronger than the president. But the president + Jiro would be enough for Midorima and his entire gang, consider president was actually stronger than all the members combined (minus Midorima). And I haven't mentioned Setsuno....

But anyway, maybe this so unusual villain vs protagonist balance of power is the thing that make this series so interesting. Still waiting for more aces of Bishokukai though, to shift the balance little bit. Or maybe the third party?
    Last edited by senewe; February 07, 2013 at 02:43 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 221 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by llydnarz View Post
    If they're ready to face the President and the whole IGO, then I guess they're also willing to face Jirou. As long as they're going to benefit from it. Having the top living chef in the whole world would give them a huge lead.
    Honestly right now, I think Jirou is the weakest among the three disciples of Acacia.
    But I have this wild thought that Jirou could be a part of a third faction. His absence in all of the commotion that happened is really making me think.
    Even if Jirou is the weakest among the 3 he's still so far above everyone else.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the feel that all this showcasing of IGO's power is just a setup for Bishokukai's big comeback and triumph. It's hard to believe they rushed in blindly just to be annihilated. Most probably it has something to do with the traitor, as previously said, Zaus has probably switched sides, and 0th Biotope guys are yet to do a thing. Author might have misled us into believing Starjun is the leader of the invasion force, and their strongest members (Kuromado, Alfaro, Dores, Niceny) are waiting hidden just to jump in and make a sweep. I'll make a wild guess that even Boss himself is nearby, waiting for chefs to be weakened and grouped together to take them and Bishokukai away with his teleportation ability. No one would see that coming and they would be utterly powerless to stop it. Without some crazy teleportation ability or transport beast no way they are getting away from the battle all the way to the GW with a bunch of chefs.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 221 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by llydnarz View Post
    If they're ready to face the President and the whole IGO, then I guess they're also willing to face Jirou. As long as they're going to benefit from it. Having the top living chef in the whole world would give them a huge lead.
    Honestly right now, I think Jirou is the weakest among the three disciples of Acacia.
    But I have this wild thought that Jirou could be a part of a third faction. His absence in all of the commotion that happened is really making me think.
    They know the top guys from IGO are in the Gourmet world and the president is there also only mansam and a few are there at the event and one is still a misery if he is an enemy already... Jirou can end this arc if he wants to even if he is the weakest of the three he is still one of the three strongest and with Jirou and the President hunting the boss of bishokukai it will turn bad for the bishokukai that is the point I want to make.
    Jirou is a friendly guy he just wants to drinks his booze for me if Jirou had a faction it will just be him with his friends wanting some action and boozeI doubt he will want to battle IGO he is to friendly and good guy to backstab or be an enemy for me.

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy View Post
    I have the feel that all this showcasing of IGO's power is just a setup for Bishokukai's big comeback and triumph. It's hard to believe they rushed in blindly just to be annihilated. Most probably it has something to do with the traitor, as previously said, Zaus has probably switched sides, and 0th Biotope guys are yet to do a thing. Author might have misled us into believing Starjun is the leader of the invasion force, and their strongest members (Kuromado, Alfaro, Dores, Niceny) are waiting hidden just to jump in and make a sweep. I'll make a wild guess that even Boss himself is nearby, waiting for chefs to be weakened and grouped together to take them and Bishokukai away with his teleportation ability. No one would see that coming and they would be utterly powerless to stop it. Without some crazy teleportation ability or transport beast no way they are getting away from the battle all the way to the GW with a bunch of chefs.
    This is why this arc is crazy exciting because we all know the some of the top guys are here mainly Setsuno and the top 10 rank chefs with Mansam and the Gourmet Judges are also strong I really want to know what the enemy is going to do.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

All I want to see is the bishoukai top members and the traitor from 0th Biotope maybe zaus ganging up on setsuno, and when it look like they are going to do a major attack that would kill her, which connect and they thought oh she die, suddenly they see two shadow in the smoke and jirou was there to protect her, man I can't wait to see all of them start wetting their pants when that happen.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3