Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
Thread Closed
Page 27 of 113 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 ... LastLast

Thread: MAFIA GAME 22 DEATH NOTE ENDGAME!!

Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: MAFIA GAME 22 DEATH NOTE!

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Vote Kill Faust.

It's perhaps not the best vote I've ever made in the Mafia Game, but my reasoning is that Faust was oddly active with spam and posts about DN lore. It seemed out of character for him and he seemed overly excited. There's a chance that he's a Mafia member, you never know, but it would be a role that he could be more excited with.
    What a stupid reason is that? The last time Faust acted this excited was when he was a bomb.... not liike it's impossible he's mafia but him being a bomb or a vengeful townie seems much more likely if you ask me.

I have my eyes on you, seriously <___< you made 12 posts, which mostly consistent of posts supposed to look meaningful. Talking about the avatars, the role of the lover, some comment about english on the internet, some sentences about milly's behaviour (protecting him in the end), more talk about Death Note lore, saying people should post more (that was your second comment btw, which makes the whole post hilarious) and mentioning that this seems to be an organized game. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about who you suspect, not even discussing with others. All you mentioned were "4 people you might vote for", but you never named them. Then some half-assed reason to vote for Faust out of the blue.
    You're clearly suspicious so please tell me why I shouldn't vote for you?

2. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Welp, it was just a theory for why he's playing the way he is, since he insists he isn't trolling...

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    My premise is that you were saying you're a Lover in hopes that someone will jump at a chance to kill a Mafia...but you're actually a Bomb and hope to clip a Mafia that way right now, or in the future. But they wouldn't want to risk killing their own if you are a Lover. It sounds convoluted, but it isn't really...random yes, but pretty simple.
    So, let me ask you. If you were to be the lover bomb, would you play out this strategy? Because unless it drastically changes the situation towards the end game, I don't think Mafia would like to exchange kills, so, in the end, your initial bait could have lured in a townie in.
    Maybe it's just me, but it seemed a bit off from an ideal strategy for me.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    So, let me ask you. If you were to be the lover bomb, would you play out this strategy? Because unless it drastically changes the situation towards the end game, I don't think Mafia would like to exchange kills, so, in the end, your initial bait could have lured in a townie in.
    Maybe it's just me, but it seemed a bit off from an ideal strategy for me.
    Ehh, probably not. I'm not a risky player unless its an easy bet usually. One time I revealed my role early on and it worked out, but I don't know if it's worth pressing my luck.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't sakura try that, or is that she declared she was the bomb on like day one in the Arrancar game?
    There, another meaningless post which makes it look like you're participating in the discussion <___< If I don't get an answer soon (seeing as you're online), I will definitely vote for you.

I'm surprised no one brought up Frosty yet.

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

We were too caught up with the other issues at hand, so, apparently, no one bothered to take a look at what he was doing.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    We were too caught up with the other issues at hand, so, apparently, no one bothered to take a look at what he was doing.
    Well it's actually a smart way to avoid suspicion, I guess it's not that easy to see if you're busy discussing other things. Still this screams fishy and seeing as I got some likes, it seems people approve. Frosty taking so long to answer doesn't make him look less suspicious too. If anything, I would like to see him getting killed this round as he's the only one who looks really suspicious in my eyes

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

Niichan, I'm impressed. But same could have been said about you, until just now.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    What a stupid reason is that? The last time Faust acted this excited was when he was a bomb.... not liike it's impossible he's mafia but him being a bomb or a vengeful townie seems much more likely if you ask me.

I have my eyes on you, seriously <___< you made 12 posts, which mostly consistent of posts supposed to look meaningful. Talking about the avatars, the role of the lover, some comment about english on the internet, some sentences about milly's behaviour (protecting him in the end), more talk about Death Note lore, saying people should post more (that was your second comment btw, which makes the whole post hilarious) and mentioning that this seems to be an organized game. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about who you suspect, not even discussing with others. All you mentioned were "4 people you might vote for", but you never named them. Then some half-assed reason to vote for Faust out of the blue.
    You're clearly suspicious so please tell me why I shouldn't vote for you?
    Bitter about me killing you last game, NN?

What do you want me to say? That there's absolutely nothing that convinces me one way or the other? That I'm always suspicious of Imp or Gary?

I'm pretty sure that I suspected Faust and I do suspect Imp, but suspecting Imp's more out of habit than anything, not because I truly believe he's a mafia member.

I also said in that post, although not the part that you quoted, that I wasn't sure how much I'd be around today and whether or not DD would end the game early, so I got a vote in. I was also one of the first seven to vote, way before we could suspect too many other people.

The post in its entirety, so not just how you quoted it to support your case.

I was facing the same problem. I probably won't be back online for like 16 hours and as the game began 22 hours ago, I should make it under the 48 hour cap that DD originally gave us, as that only only be 38 hours, but if by chance DD ends it early, I'd be left without having made a vote, which sort of forces me to vote now. I can always change it later.

Vote Kill Faust.

It's perhaps not the best vote I've ever made in the Mafia Game, but my reasoning is that Faust was oddly active with spam and posts about DN lore. It seemed out of character for him and he seemed overly excited. There's a chance that he's a Mafia member, you never know, but it would be a role that he could be more excited with.
    Last edited by FrostyMouse; February 01, 2013 at 08:18 PM.

Spoiler show

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Evil3ye View Post
    Niichan, I'm impressed. But same could have been said about you, until just now.
    Don't forget that was at the start of the day and there hardly was any discussion at that point. Now things look different.

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Evil3ye View Post
    In fact, I suspected his semi-active status and wrote it here pages ago.
    I still suspect him since this could be a well versed plot having read through that. But his argument is much more solid.

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

Either way, I won't be voting for him anymore. After such a strong analysis, there just isn't enough clue to make people get onto a bandwagon to kill him.
    So, niichan is either a skilled townie or a skilled mafia. It won't be easy dealing with him for whichever side he opposes.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Bitter about me killing you last game, NN?

What do you want me to say? That there's absolutely nothing that convinces me one way or the other? That I'm always suspicious of Imp or Gary?

I'm pretty sure that I suspected Faust and I do suspect Imp, but suspecting Imp's more out of habit than anything, not because I truly believe he's a mafia member.

I also said in that post, although not the part that you quoted, that I wasn't sure how much I'd be around today and whether or not DD would end the game early, so I got a vote in. I was also one of the first seven to vote, way before we could suspect too many other people.

The post in its entirety, so not just how you quoted it to support your case.
    What an interesting way to make it look like I'm suspecting you only because of some silly revenge. Sorry to disappoint you, but I totally forgot about that until you just mentioned it.

What I want you to say is quite easy: Discuss matters and suspects with the others, you were online for most of the day and still you didn't participate in a single discussion. All you ever commented about was some meaningless stuff like the lovers role or the state of the game.
    That stuff about always being suspicious of guys like Imp or Gary is just a lame mafia excuse. I know it, because I've been mafia often enough and I know it's pretty tiring to come up with a plausible theory for who is mafia when you know that actually you're the mafia guy.

And I believe this is not your first time playing this game? Have you ever seen DD end a day early if not everyone made their vote? As far as I recall he always waited until everyone made a decision or until the time ran out. Saying you feared the game would end early is just another silly excuse to make a random vote.

---------- Post added at 02:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 AM ----------

Okay, I know I won't change my opinion. Frosty's answer made him even more suspicious so votekill Frostymouse

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    What an interesting way to make it look like I'm suspecting you only because of some silly revenge. Sorry to disappoint you, but I totally forgot about that until you just mentioned it.

What I want you to say is quite easy: Discuss matters and suspects with the others, you were online for most of the day and still you didn't participate in a single discussion. All you ever commented about was some meaningless stuff like the lovers role or the state of the game.
    That stuff about always being suspicious of guys like Imp or Gary is just a lame mafia excuse. I know it, because I've been mafia often enough and I know it's pretty tiring to come up with a plausible theory for who is mafia when you know that actually you're the mafia guy.

And I believe this is not your first time playing this game? Have you ever seen DD end a day early if not everyone made their vote? As far as I recall he always waited until everyone made a decision or until the time ran out. Saying you feared the game would end early is just another silly excuse to make a random vote.

---------- Post added at 02:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 AM ----------

Okay, I know I won't change my opinion. Frosty's answer made him even more suspicious so votekill Frostymouse
    Sure, NN, sure. You're actually the only one who came after me.

You've debated that much? Don't try to switch your inactivity onto me. How is being gone the entire day, getting online about two and a half hours ago, reading the thread, and making a post or two count as me being online the entire day?

You can believe that it's just a falsehood, but in truth of fact, Gary starts out as my No. 1 suspect each and every Mafia Game.

I've never played with DD as a host, only with Evil. Evil has cut phases short on us before.

NN, you misrepresented my post in an attempt to make me look guilty? How does that not make you look suspicious? If I suspected you, wouldn't I have perhaps voted for you?

Spoiler show

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

So, it looks like this is the end of the argument. Regardless of the roles, by an objective evaluation, niichan won it.
    This makes the things a bit easier. At best case, a mafia is lynched. At worst, a townie with lesser observation skills demonstrated is lost and a strong mafia lives on. We won't be getting niichan even if he's a mafia in this turn, anyway. Faust and Xadyu are discussed mostly, but Faust's earlier excitement was justified by the theme of the game to a degree, while Xadyu's case is less proven than Frosty to go after him. In the end, I don't think Faust is a Mafia and we will probably be getting the head of a townie if we let niichan's proposed clue go. So, in the end, I'd say, following niichan's lead for now gives us the best result according to the game theory, since we have little chance to take down a mafia with other suspicions being mostly vague or just biased.

That's not a confirmation of niichan's side, though. But he played an impressive gambit and things aren't looking any better if we refuse.

Vote Kill FrostyMouse

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Sure, NN, sure. You're actually the only one who came after me.

You've debated that much? Don't try to switch your inactivity onto me. How is being gone the entire day, getting online about two and a half hours ago, reading the thread, and making a post or two count as me being online the entire day?

You can believe that it's just a falsehood, but in truth of fact, Gary starts out as my No. 1 suspect each and every Mafia Game.

I've never played with DD as a host, only with Evil. Evil has cut phases short on us before.

NN, you misrepresented my post in an attempt to make me look guilty? How does that not make you look suspicious? If I suspected you, wouldn't I have perhaps voted for you?
    That's why I said you wanted to make it sound like I suspect you because of a silly grudge. People seem to approve of the reasoning I gave so all the more reason to make it look that way.

It doesn't matter that much if you've been online the whole day, 2 and a half hours should have given you enough time to discuss some stuff besides the lame "the avavats here and the roles there". You either were too lazy to participate in a discussion or you weren't trying anyway/you couldn't come up with someting good because you're mafia. I strongly believe it's the second case because someone who's too lazy to participate usually doesn't post anyway but in your case it was:

Discussion -> Frosty stays silent
    Some comment about roles etc. -> all of a sudden Frosty makes a comment

and that's a noticeable pattern if you look at the posts you made so far.
    And Evil ending a Day one 10 hours earlier? Lol, has something like that ever happened? This is so unlikely and even if, I doubt he or in this case DD would have banned you. I may repeat myself but this sounds like a stupid reason to make a random vote and then disappear for some time. Heck, no one knows if this might even be a part of your strategy as no one can prove you haven't been online. The fact that you didn't participate in any discussion or at least tried to come up with your own theory supports my believe.

I don't really get the last part, saying I misinterpreted your post is a baseless statement and doesn't confirm anything. Obviously you vote for someone you suspect and you're my main suspect so I voted for you.

Thread Closed
Page 27 of 113 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 ... LastLast