Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 55

Thread: Is Edo Minato a Jinchuuriki? If so,will he give the other part of the Kyubi to Naruto?

  1. #16
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rarhyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,053
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Edo Minato a Jinchuuriki? If so,will he give the other part of the Kyubi to Naruto?

    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    I made a thread about this a while back but I doubt it at this point.
    I don't read every thread ^^'
    I would say two people one thought xD

    and don't understimate kishi's plothole no jutsu...

  2. #17
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kid Chameleone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    429
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Edo Minato a Jinchuuriki? If so,will he give the other part of the Kyubi to Naruto?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rarhyx View Post
    I don't read every thread ^^'
    I would say two people one thought xD

    and don't understimate kishi's plothole no jutsu...
    lol soo true.

    it was sealed in him before he died so by all means he should have it, but since it was purely chakra do you think he could use it? i mean naruto has the actual thing in him so i dunno if it needing a consciousness is necessary, itd be stupid if it was cause its just pure chakra and should be able to be used whenever but who knows we'll just have to see what he brings to the battlefield. im praying its more than a rasengan....

  3. #18
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,639
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Edo Minato a Jinchuuriki? If so,will he give the other part of the Kyubi to Naruto?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rarhyx View Post
    I bet the other half of kyuubi was already reborn into... Sasuke.
    http://www.mangapanda.com/93-28731-1...apter-460.html

    and that's the secret how the juubi and madara will be defeated.
    No that's sussano, look at his teeth, eyes, shoulders, and number of fingers
    It was also shown here

    http://www.mangapanda.com/93-31099-6...apter-462.html

    Then it was completed here

    http://www.mangapanda.com/93-44811-8...apter-478.html


  4. #19
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kid Chameleone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    429
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Edo Minato a Jinchuuriki? If so,will he give the other part of the Kyubi to Naruto?

    By all means he should be able too. itd be sick if he could use a dark form of the kyuubi like narutos flaming chakra cloak. seeing minato with a black and blue cloak like naruto kyuubi mode would be insane but im letting my imagination get the best of me lol

    probably wont happen but if it does itd be pretty cool to see. the thing is minato never trained it so he may not be able to use it and if he is oro doesnt know he sealed half in himself so i doubt he'd be using it forcibly. the rules of edo need to be specified asap cause its too open to possibilities, we dont even know its limits yet. does the person in control gain intel on all the jutsu they have or do they use them unwillingly? kishi needs to clear this one up cause ive been wondering about it for a while. they are given commands so i guess you have to know about who youre summoning to some extent... i dunno

  5. #20
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,820
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Edo Minato a Jinchuuriki? If so,will he give the other part of the Kyubi to Naruto?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rarhyx View Post
    I don't read every thread ^^'
    I would say two people one thought xD

    and don't understimate kishi's plothole no jutsu...
    I was simply making a note to show that I could agree with how you came to this conclusion, I wasn't asking you to go read it.

    And Kishi has had a ton of plot holes over the years. Reason being, because once the manga got complicated his lack of writing experience and skill shined through. He isn't even good at grasping at people's emotions anymore IMO like he was in part 1.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #21
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rarhyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,053
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Edo Minato a Jinchuuriki? If so,will he give the other part of the Kyubi to Naruto?

    Quote Originally Posted by Naruto2011 View Post
    No that's sussano, look at his teeth, eyes, shoulders, and number of fingers
    It was also shown here

    http://www.mangapanda.com/93-31099-6...apter-462.html

    Then it was completed here

    http://www.mangapanda.com/93-44811-8...apter-478.html
    what if susanoo is actually kyuubi chakra? xD
    (would atleast explain how sasuke was able to spam jutsus lately ^^

    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    I was simply making a note to show that I could agree with how you came to this conclusion, I wasn't asking you to go read it.
    I think we both misunderstood each other^^
    I thought you meant that I stole your idea or something like that

  8. #22
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kid Chameleone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    429
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Edo Minato a Jinchuuriki? If so,will he give the other part of the Kyubi to Naruto?

    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    I was simply making a note to show that I could agree with how you came to this conclusion, I wasn't asking you to go read it.

    And Kishi has had a ton of plot holes over the years. Reason being, because once the manga got complicated his lack of writing experience and skill shined through. He isn't even good at grasping at people's emotions anymore IMO like he was in part 1.
    yeah i find it so hard to connect with the characters these days. plus i feel like no one has really changed since part 1 and the lack of growth between characters and other being put on the bench(konoha 11) we lost some of the originality and such. although when reaching the end of a story of course the main characters are going to shine but itd be nice if he paid attention to some of the other characters and not let them go to waste like neji( yeah i said it). It became too focused on the uchiha-senju rivalry and such and make everything else look obsolete, you need a mega jutsu to fight the villains now days and not everyone has one so only certain characters are getting the light. its the same thing that happened in dbz, once super sayain came along fighters like yamcha and tien werent needed anymore. although the main characters are always gonna get the super abilities itd still be nice to get a good fight in from a side character every once in a while. they can grow through training not just heritage and plot no jutsu

    theres too much uchiha-senju, its hard to relate to super nins like hashirama and madara, were not all born geniuses, he shouldve stayed with the hard work theme. now it looks like u need to be uchiha, senju or have hashirama cells to compete.

    sorry to get off topic lol nah i dont think hes a jin its too late in the story and like why bother? he was built up as god tier anyway i doubt he'd need it

  9. #23
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    290
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Edo Minato a Jinchuuriki? If so,will he give the other part of the Kyubi to Naruto?

    Hi guys,

    I think many people are confusing the concept of Jinchuriki here. First, Minato cannot be a Jinchuriki because he does not have Kyuubi. In order to explain, I will use two concept that are explained in the manga.


    1. Jin and Kin bros were not true Jinchuriki

    When it was time for Naruto to receive the sealing Key, Gerotora explained that Kyuubi is a mass of Hatred. He continued to say that Kyuubi's chakra is infused with his will (Hatred) and that if Naruto fails to separate the chakra from the will, Kyuubi will emerge when Naruto will be absorbed into hatred.

    As you can see, the chakra Kyuubi was giving to Naruto in part 2 and begining of part 2 was infused with Kyuubi's hatred. It is the same as the chakra meat the Gold brother ate when they were absorbed by Kyuubi. This two could be considered as Jinchuriki because Kyuubi's will was in the chakra. However, I doubt they could actually transform into Kyuubi. From what we saw, it seems that they were only having hatred as Kyuubi. I mean that there is no evidence that Jin or Kin had a Kyuubi inside him as Naruto can communicate with a Kyuubi. I think they only have Kyuubi chakra mixed with their own without any sealing.

    2. Naruto using KM chakra

    Before Naruto took KM chakra, he had to negotiate with Kurama. When he took KM chakra, he separate this chakra from Kurama's will and consciousness. As you probably saw, this chakra is consciousless, and it has no hatred in it. It is a passive quantity and it can even be exhausted. If Naruto did not have the Kyuubi himself inside him, and was only possessing this chakra, Naruto would not be considered as Jinchuriki. The reason is that the chakra is mere energy. As evidence, we all saw that Naruto ran out of this chakra, but the Kyuubi was able to replenish it.

    4. The Yin chakra and Minato

    I have noticed that some people think that Minato can be Jinchuriki currently. Some other people are speculating about Sasuke taking the Yin chakra of Kurama from Minato or the death god. Though Kishi can make anything happen when convenient, I strongly think Minato cannot be a Jinchuriki and neither Sasuke can become a Jinchuriki of Kurama while Naruto is a Jinchuriki of Kurama. In the best case, both of them can use the chakra Minato sealed. This chakra is as passive as the one Naruto took from Kurama and does not contain any Kyuubi hatred or consciousness. Moreover, this chakra will be exhausted after some time, and will not be replenish because there is no Kyuubi inside Minato, (or will be no Kyuubi inside Sasuke).

    3. Why Naruto might currently have both Yin and Yang

    When Naruto fought with Kyuubi, it took Kyuubi's chakra. This chakra had the same form as Kyuubi, and we saw that it was mindless. Naruto absorbed this chakra into himself, but the chakra depleted after some fight. Then, Naruto had to wait for Kyuubi to give him new chakra. If the chakra Naruto took from Kyuubi was the Yang, then we can conclude that Kyuubi can replenish his Yang chakra. Similarly, we can conclude that Kyuubi can also replenish his Yin chakra.

    4. Are we saying that there are two Kyuubi?

    During Minato vs Kyuubi, the reaper seal took a chakra from Kyuubi. We can see that Kyuubi himself kept his personality, and was mad at Minato. It is the same as how Kyuubi felt when Naruto took his chakra as well. My point here is that there is only one Kyuubi - which is the one inside Naruto. MInato took His Yin chakra so that he can seal inside the baby, but nothing more - no consciousness or body. If someone were to take the old Yin, then this person will only be able to use the chakra form a while. He will not be able to see Kyuubi inside himself as Naruto does. After this person will run out of that Yin, he will become normal and lose all kyuubi power.

    Some images

    1. Minato taking Kyuubi's chakra. This is pure chakra and no mind, no fighting, etc. Only the user can use it as Naruto in KM chakra.
    Spoiler show


    2. Naruto takes Kyuubi's chakra. As you can see the kyuubi representation of the chakra is similar to what Minato took, and Naruto was standing when he absorbed it. These chakra is just power - no mind. We also saw that Naruto used it while Kyuubi was angry.
    Spoiler show

    Spoiler show


    Conclusion:

    Though Kishi has not shown yet, I think current Kyuubi has gotten enough time to replenish the chakra Minato stole from him in the same manner he replenish the one Naruto stole from him. In my opinion, I also think that having these chakra is temporary and cannot really make someone a Jinchuriki because the only Kyuubi is inside Naruto. In fact, no Kyuubi emerged when Orochimaru opened the seal because there was no consciousness or soul in the chakra Minato sealed. It is also clear that Minato does not have the chakra because if it was the case, Hashimara and Tobirama should be inside Hiruzen.

    ---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Rarhyx View Post
    I bet the other half of kyuubi was already reborn into... Sasuke.
    http://www.mangapanda.com/93-28731-1...apter-460.html

    and that's the secret how the juubi and madara will be defeated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    I made a thread about this a while back but I doubt it at this point.

    That is really funny. To think that you guys can really believe that Susanoo, an Uchiha signature god, that existed long before Sasuke was born is the rebirth of Kyuubi is really unacceptable. You guys should respect other's threads.

    The stone tablet contain intel on Susanoo and intel on how to control Kyuubi. This is the least I can tell you to help you come up with a better argument. On the other hand, I think that Sharingan is the result of sealing some sort of beast's chakra in the eyes of someone, though I don't know what beast it was. At least, from Perfect Susanoo, it seems that this beast (or god) was humanoid.
    Last edited by so6pww; February 01, 2013 at 01:26 PM.

  10. #24
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,820
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Edo Minato a Jinchuuriki? If so,will he give the other part of the Kyubi to Naruto?

    Quote Originally Posted by so6pww View Post
    That is really funny. To think that you guys can really believe that Susanoo, an Uchiha signature god, that existed long before Sasuke was born is the rebirth of Kyuubi is really unacceptable. You guys should respect other's threads.

    The stone tablet contain intel on Susanoo and intel on how to control Kyuubi. This is the least I can tell you to help you come up with a better argument. On the other hand, I think that Sharingan is the result of sealing some sort of beast's chakra in the eyes of someone, though I don't know what beast it was. At least, from Perfect Susanoo, it seems that this beast (or god) was humanoid.
    That scan that Rahyx posted, was from before Sasuke ever revealed he could use Sussano. We had no idea he even had it. Here is my post regarding the whole topic as to how it could be true. http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...ubi?highlight=

    Do I think that it's true anymore? As I said, I highly doubt that it can be possible at this point.

    Now you insult others opinion and contradict yourself on a daily basis. You are entitled to your opinion, and so is everyone else. But while you are right on some of your points, you are often incorrect and just babble bullshit.

    Example: On the other hand, I think that Sharingan is the result of sealing some sort of beast's chakra in the eyes of someone, though I don't know what beast it was. At least, from Perfect Susanoo, it seems that this beast (or god) was humanoid.

    The Sharigan is the devolved version of the Rinnegan. Aside from this being stated multiple times, just look at how Madara got the Rinnegan, he evolved it from the Sharigan. Not to mention, the Elder Son, who is the ancestor of the Uchiha, inherited his fathers eyes.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #25
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rarhyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,053
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Edo Minato a Jinchuuriki? If so,will he give the other part of the Kyubi to Naruto?

    Quote Originally Posted by so6pww View Post
    That is really funny. To think that you guys can really believe that Susanoo, an Uchiha signature god, that existed long before Sasuke was born is the rebirth of Kyuubi is really unacceptable. You guys should respect other's threads.

    The stone tablet contain intel on Susanoo and intel on how to control Kyuubi. This is the least I can tell you to help you come up with a better argument. On the other hand, I think that Sharingan is the result of sealing some sort of beast's chakra in the eyes of someone, though I don't know what beast it was. At least, from Perfect Susanoo, it seems that this beast (or god) was humanoid.

    where did I say kyuubi chakra = susanoo?
    I said that the remaining half of kyuubi could be reborn into sasuke, when he went rampage at the kage summit (or some time earlier)

  13. #26
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    290
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Edo Minato a Jinchuuriki? If so,will he give the other part of the Kyubi to Naruto?

    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    Now you insult others opinion and contradict yourself on a daily basis. You are entitled to your opinion, and so is everyone else. But while you are right on some of your points, you are often incorrect and just babble bullshit.

    Example: On the other hand, I think that Sharingan is the result of sealing some sort of beast's chakra in the eyes of someone, though I don't know what beast it was. At least, from Perfect Susanoo, it seems that this beast (or god) was humanoid.

    The Sharigan is the devolved version of the Rinnegan. Aside from this being stated multiple times, just look at how Madara got the Rinnegan, he evolved it from the Sharigan. Not to mention, the Elder Son, who is the ancestor of the Uchiha, inherited his fathers eyes.
    I am sorry if you feel insulted, but it wasn't my intent. I guess I am not allowed anymore to give my opinion. If something is funny to me, I feel like I have to say it. and if I think something is unacceptable, I express it. These are expression used in a discussion.

    Now, show me how my opinion is bullshit? How is it different from you thinking Susanoo is some kind of Kyuubi?

    Your reaction to my post is the reason I am usually strongly affirmative in my argument. You guys think Susanoo is some Kyuubi rebirth, but for you to not understand my point, you must have forgotten that Susanoo is a power generated by the Sharingan (the eyes of an Uchiha). Here, you should understand that we both think there is a beast or god as the source of the power. The only divergence in our respective arguments is that that you said it is Kyuubi, and I said it is unknown.

    From what we know so far, an external power can be in a human by sealing. Thus I suggested that originally, someone sealed some kind of beast in a person's eyes and this became Sharingan - and consequently all its power. Before you attack me, notice that the curse seal has the same symbol as the basic Sharingan. Note also that the curse seal responds to the sharingan. Then try to speculate on the fact that Sasuke might be going on the direction of the source of the power used in the curse seal.

    As matter of fact, we don't exactly know how Rikudo manage to give eyes to his elder son, and body to the youngest. Naturally, no one can achieve such genetic selectivity among his children. Thus, Rikudo might have used some Jutsu. Besides, we don't exactly know how the elder son eye became Byakugan and Sharingan. Thus, though you are mad, you should not lose track of what is logic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rarhyx View Post
    where did I say kyuubi chakra = susanoo?
    I said that the remaining half of kyuubi could be reborn into sasuke, when he went rampage at the kage summit (or some time earlier)
    You suggested that Sasuke's susanoo might be the result of Kyuubi rebirth. This is funny because you forgot that Susanoo has been around even before Sasuke's birth.

  14. #27
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,113
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Edo Minato a Jinchuuriki? If so,will he give the other part of the Kyubi to Naruto?

    Quote Originally Posted by katon_style View Post
    Before his soul was sealed by the Shinigami he already took half of the kyubi inside him and theorically that half of the fox should be Minatos soul.If we see other Edos like itachi and nagato they were revied in the state they were a little before their deaths so most probably minato is with the other half of kyubi right now and since( in my opinion) he will have a fight with his son he will pass it to him before he vanish just like gaara father.
    imo,that's not a jinchuriki seal,as hiruzen would have been a jinchuriki of the previous hokage . he just sealed the fox inside the shinigami's belly,where they would fight for ever. that's not really a jinchuriki,don't you think?

  15. #28
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rarhyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,053
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Edo Minato a Jinchuuriki? If so,will he give the other part of the Kyubi to Naruto?

    Quote Originally Posted by so6pww View Post
    You suggested that Sasuke's susanoo might be the result of Kyuubi rebirth. This is funny because you forgot that Susanoo has been around even before Sasuke's birth.
    1. this are two differently things.
    2. I said kyuubi might be reborn into sasuke NOT being his susanoo(and it was more meant as a joke)
    3. I thought that kyuubi chakra might have evolved into susanoo(sasuke's to be specific)

    you say sasuke's susanoo = every susanoo.
    thats like saying my Audi A1 is the same as your Audi R8 (which you will of course disagree)
    Last edited by Rarhyx; February 01, 2013 at 05:55 PM.

  16. #29
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    290
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Edo Minato a Jinchuuriki? If so,will he give the other part of the Kyubi to Naruto?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rarhyx View Post
    1. this are two differently things.
    2. I said kyuubi might be reborn into sasuke NOT being his susanoo(and it was more meant as a joke)
    3. I thought that kyuubi chakra might have evolved into susanoo(sasuke's to be specific)

    you say sasuke's susanoo = every susanoo.
    thats like saying my Audi A1 is the same as your Audi R8 (which you will of course disagree)
    Why are you causing yourself so much pain in making the obvious long by splitting it. No matter how you formulate it, my point here is that Susanoo is a power of the Mangyeko sharingan. It does not depend on something else. If someone does not have MS, he cannot have Susanoo. You can try to manipulate my statement as you want, or cling to something you think I said wrong. This will not change the fact that your analysis is not correct. Thought Susanoo can have different form from one Uchiha to another, they are all called Susanoo, and they are MS powers.

    Your Audit example does not fit the discussion. Susanoo across Uchihas varies as Audi 1 varies accross many copies due to fabrications. There is only one Susanoo, and it varies depending of the person who make it. If the person is edo Madara, he will take it to the perfect form. Itachi has different levels, and Sasuke too.

    ---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    imo,that's not a jinchuriki seal,as hiruzen would have been a jinchuriki of the previous hokage . he just sealed the fox inside the shinigami's belly,where they would fight for ever. that's not really a jinchuriki,don't you think?
    I don't even think they will fight forever. This effect can be applied to people with soul in my opinion. I doubt Hiruzen was fighting with Orochimaru's arms. Kyuubi chakra was mindless and cannot fight in my opinion. Wen Naruto took the chakra from Kyuubi, that chakra was passive and did not pose any problem to Naruto.

  17. #30
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Country
    Zimbabwe
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Edo Minato a jinjurichi?If so,will he give the other part of the kyubi to Naruto?

    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    No, for the same reason Sarturobi is not merged with the first two Hokages, he did the same thing to them that Minato did to the Kyuubi.

    We also clearly see 4 souls leave the Shinigami, the Kyuubi's no where to be seen. Not to mention, even if he was sealed in him, he wasn't sealed in the way we know how Biju are sealed to make Jinchuriki, so he'd likely have no control over the fox.
    The only thing that was inside Hiruzen is Orochimaru's arms. First and Second were sealed by Hiruzen's kage bunshins.
    Orochimaru's arms are back, so should be the rest of Kyuubi's chakra. Which is inside Minato.

    You do the math. Minato is most probably a pseudo-jinchuuriki.

New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts