Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Liar Game Chapter 168 Discussion/169 Prediction [Break Next Week. Returns 2/14]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Liar Game Chapter 168 Discussion/169 Prediction [Break Next Week. Returns 2/14]

This is the thread where you discuss the current chapter of Liar Game.
    24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Chapter 168 is out
    Last edited by Reclaimer; January 31, 2013 at 11:30 AM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liar Game Chapter 168 Discussion/169 Prediction [Break Next Week. Returns 2/14]

Spoiler show

Also, Kaitani isn't keeping to his 3-on-1-off schedule.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liar Game Chapter 168 Discussion/169 Prediction [Break Next Week. Returns 2/14]

Liked the chapter, though I would've liked some more build up to it.

Spoiler show

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Same here...Harimoto could've used some more buildup...especially since his position as leader was compromised, or well...revealed to be false...Kaitani did show us some shocked glances, a little bit of perhaps introspection, if you look carefully at the facial expressions, but still...I dunno....it seems a bit rushed...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Two things:
    -Failure doesn't cause cults to fall apart, it actually causes people to rally together. If Kimura really had Harimoto wrapped around her fingers, his sudden reversal isn't really accurate.
    -I don't know if there is any possible way Harimoto's group can turn the tables, but if there is and this is all a scheme to pretend to work together with Nao/Akiyama at the end before exploiting it, I would take back all of the accurate statements I've made about how far the series has fallen.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

The last page with Kimira actually begin angry at what Harimoto just did opens up a possible defection of her's from the group. She will be going solo I suppose, maybe even team up with Yokoya? Though I always felt that convo between Harimoto and Nao will take place, somehow Nao was also the reason why Harimoto converted. Plus add Abe and that plo tline worked out perfectly, but the next rounds I do hope that something from this one complicates things in the future.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah losing this doesn't really shake their core beliefs in any way, so I don't think they're about to disband.

I'm sure Kimura's gonna throw a fit and stomp off though.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    The last page with Kimira actually begin angry at what Harimoto just did opens up a possible defection of her's from the group. She will be going solo I suppose, maybe even team up with Yokoya? Though I always felt that convo between Harimoto and Nao will take place, somehow Nao was also the reason why Harimoto converted. Plus add Abe and that plo tline worked out perfectly
    Eh, I wouldn't say it worked out perfectly. Abe never really did anything, and villains reforming after losing is not particularly good writing.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

That's fine.
    It all kinda make sense to me, and I'm happy that they defeated the villains.

Now, the big problem is Yokoya.
    And apparently, he had figured out the way to win before the game even started, so he probably beat everyone else on his side already.

Next game will most likely be a decisive one between Yokoya and Akiyama.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Eh, I wouldn't say it worked out perfectly. Abe never really did anything, and villains reforming after losing is not particularly good writing.
    But it can not be denied that such an outcome was at least a bit hinted at, or foreshadowed, the whole demon thing with Abe was for this. Though it was a bit weird as to why Abe noticed they are in the Liar Game. So it was not completely satisfactory. And Harimoto was never a super villain, it was also hinted that him and Nao will sort of battle it out, and they kind of did, indirectly. Kimura vs. Akiyama and Nao vs. Harimoto, even though w expected Yokoya to duel while teaming up with Harimoto, perhaps ...

And why is Kaitani mixing the schedule, it's hard to keep track anymore? O_o

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    And why is Kaitani mixing the schedule, it's hard to keep track anymore? O_o
    It's probably because we are at the end of the arc and Kaitani is out of ideas on how to get through to the next arc. It also likely portends another long hiatus before the next arc.

New Reply