Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Breaker : New Waves 104 Discussion / 105 Predictions

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkLordOfKichiku's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker : New Waves 104 Discussion / 105 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by braveheart655 View Post
    That was remarkably fast...

Anyway, some have said that they think Lone Wolf will see his master in Shioon. Now that the chapter is translated, I'm starting to agree that this'll probably be the case - he has lived his life the way he has so far to be able to meet his master, and now he has encountered Shioon, who reminded even Goomoonryong of that very same master, so...
    Last edited by DarkLordOfKichiku; February 08, 2013 at 01:11 AM. Reason: spelling errors

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GOOMOONRYONG's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice I was correct in my assumption about him being the student before 9AD

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner -Ronin-'s Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

nice story behind the bald, so he was called as Lone Wolf because he lost her master and school, and he continued alone, and he is into the SUC for meet her master again.

Surely he will become a Shiwoon's ally

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member blennz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i knew lone wolf wasn't a bad guy like the other s.u.c captains i said it when he first appeared he was drawn differently from the other captains

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ChaoticKen's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

So, my thoughts on some stuff. Fuck you MH, because you apparently logged me out while I was writing the post and I need to write it again?

About ShiWoon and the Black Origin Threshold:
    • The Black Origin Threshold does not grant magical skill copying powers. Bald-Head Bitch-Face doesn't believe that ShiWoon was copying his technique despite ShiWoon having copied his technique because he's fucking blind or something I guess as far as he knows, the Black Origin Threshold doesn't let you do that.
    • So magical skill copying powers may be a sign of ShiWoon's strength, which isn't really a surprise considering how fast he mastered the stuff that ChunWoo taught him.

Bald-Head Bitch-Face, UnWol and ChunWoo:
    • ChunWoo does not know about Bald-Head Bitch-Face, most likely. UnWol probably wasn't keen on telling him.
    • The majority of Murim does not know that Bald-Head Bitch-Face is effectively the Nine Art Dragon's sahyeong (elder school brother). After the incident with UnWol, the Alliance top members put a kibosh on anything related to the Black Origin Threshold. Plus, ChunWoo is more famous for his being the Nine Arts Dragon then being the pupil of UnWol, who is virtually unknown to most at this point.
    • It's unclear when Bald-Head Bitch-Face learned about ChunWoo's connection to UnWol. My personal guess is that he learned it after the events of The Breaker, when ChunWoo activated the Black Origin Threshold for the first(?) time.
    • My reason for believing so is as follows - UnWol was sealed away and virtually unknown to Murim after losing control of his Black Origin Threshold. Bald-Head Bitch-Face came out only after ChunWoo had become the Nine Arts Dragon and UnWol was dead. The majority of Murim didn't know ChunWoo's school, and ChunWoo pretty much vanished after that tournament, becoming a legend, so there was no way for Bald-Head Bitch-Face to meet ChunWoo or see his techniques. It was during the events of Breaker that ChunWoo made his reappearance in Murim, and the majority of Murim only saw him after he went to fight against the Alliance, where he activated the Black Origin Threshold.
    • ChunWoo was taught more than Bald-Head Bitch-Face. UnWol notes before killing himself that he and ChunWoo are the only two who know the secrets of the Black Origin Threshold. Bald-Head Bitch-Face was unaware about it until UnWol mentioned it right after knocking him out, and had he known anything about it he would have told the Alliance Chief to get UnWol free.

Other stuff about Bald-Head Bitch-Face:
    • Bald-Head Bitch-Face was in training for a long time. He most likely went into training soon after he realized he couldn't barter with the Alliance Chief into freeing UnWol, and came out AFTER ChunWoo became the Nine Arts Dragon. This is demonstrated by the fact that he doesn't register when the Fist Dragon mentions the Nine Arts Dragon, as well as his disbelief that the Fist Dragon was beaten by someone.
    • I'd say that by the time Bald-Head Bitch-Face came out of training, UnWol was already dead. The time between ChunWoo becoming the Nine Arts Dragon and UnWol dying is most likely relatively short, since freeing UnWol was the entire reason ChunWoo decided to take part in the tournament anyways, but we know how that went.

Presumed Chronology:
    • UnWol finds Full-Hair Bitch-Face, and trains him for six years.
    • UnWol is called by a bunch of dudes, loses control of Black Origin Threshold, kills them.
    • UnWol is sentenced to imprisonment, and has to leave Full-Hair Bitch-Face.
    • Full-Hair Bitch-Face tries to get Alliance Chief to free UnWol, but doesn't know anything about Black Origin Threshold.
    • Full-Hair Bitch-Face decides to become famous so he can meet up with UnWol again, and goes into training.
    • UnWol takes ChunWoo as his pupil in secret.
    • Some time after, ChunWoo participates in the tournament to become the Nine Arts Dragon, intending to free UnWol.
    • UnWol kills himself to protect ChunWoo, ChunWoo vanishes from public eye.
    • Bald-Head Bitch-Face finishes training, emerges and fights against the Fist Dragon.
    • Some stuff. I presume he finds out about his master's death, as well as the truth about the Black Origin Threshold?
    • Events of the Breaker.

What are Bald-Head Bitch-Face's motives?
    • He feels betrayed by UnWol, who took another pupil while he was gone.
    • He doesn't like ChunWoo, who he feels usurped his place as UnWol's apprentice, as well as having been responsible for UnWol's death. Maybe he joined the SUC to find ChunWoo.
    • He doesn't like the Alliance, since the former Chief sealed UnWol away. SUC is basically screwing over the alliance, which fits in with his plans.
    • He's got a connection to Kaiser or some other shadowy dude maybe? He did somehow learn about the Black Origin Threshold. Considering that UnWol seemed to have removed all mentions of it from the school scrolls and never taught him about it, someone had to tell him for him to know as much about it as he does. So maybe he's under orders from someone in the shadows.
    • All or none of the above.

Q: Is Bald-Head Bitch-Face still a Bald-Head Bitch-Face?
    A: Yes.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Then bald bitch is jealous of Shiwoon because he learned BOT. He couldn't believe Unwol passed it to Chunwoo. Which in turn Chunwoo passed it to Shiwoon. I believe He is probably the strongest in SUC. Shiwoon will defeat him. God I hope so. Lone wolf was in disbelief that Shiwoon copied his moves. Hopefully Shiwoon will use lighting steps and seismic step.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticKen View Post
    So, my thoughts on some stuff. Fuck you MH, because you apparently logged me out while I was writing the post and I need to write it again?
    That has happened to me too, so if I write a loooong message, I'll usually copy it before trying to post it. However, IF you log in on the page that appears after your message fails to get posted - the page that asks you to log in again after informing you that you're no longer logged in - then your message SHOULD have gotten posted regardless.

Either way, you raise some interesting points! Makes this a very interesting meeting indeed - the meeting between the "old" and "new" school, so to speak (Goomoonryong hasn't claimed to belong to any specific school hiself, and Shioon hasn't either, being more of an amalgam of martial arts so far)...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Toby_Temple's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope Ha-Ill is just knocked-out..... damn..

So Dokhengrang was Unwol's student before Chun-Woo.

I'm just wondering, if Dokhengrang is still searching for his master then he does not know that Unwol is dead.
    NO to KUROSAKI ICHIGO USING a BOW!!!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

@ChaoticKen
    Great post. I was trying to write a shorter version but yours is definitely better

If Lone Wolf wanted to be famous why didn't he go after GMR himself? If this wasn't an asspull, he should have meet him in Breaker 1 either to follow or defeat GMR.

I just can't justify why does Lone wolf want to kill GMR's one and only disciple? For all he knows, Shioon is an unofficial member of Hyunwon clan. It doesn't make sense for someone like him to kill one of his kind. Also after the GMR vs Alliance fight and learning GMR can use BOT, Lone wolf should have understood that he can't beat GMR without BOT. So, if he really wants to follow GMR than why kill his disciple? Why not learn if he knows anything about BOT. Can you imagine what happens when he faces GMR and saying that he killed his disciple in cold blood?

Btw, it just beats me how GMR didn't use any of Hyunwon clan's official techniques (i.e. Lone wolf's techniques like freezing) in Breaker 1. This just makes me think more and more that this was such an asspull.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Also why did Unwol take a new student when he deserted his first student? It doesn't make sense unless Lone Wolf wasn't worthy.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Toby_Temple View Post
    I hope Ha-Ill is just knocked-out..... damn...
    He's probably just knocked out. Shioon might've held back unconsciously, since he seems to be focusing on those who attack him directly rather than those who just approaches him.

I just can't justify why does Lone wolf want to kill GMR's one and only disciple? For all he knows, Shioon is an unofficial member of Hyunwon clan. It doesn't make sense for someone like him to kill one of his kind.
    As Chaotic Ken said, it's entirely possible that he doens't know that Shioon is Goomoonryong's disciple - or indeed even that Goomoonryong was Unwol's master. Remember, the fact that Goomoonryong was Unwols unoffical second disciple might be known only to the masters who gathered at Unwol's cave that day...

Btw, it just beats me how GMR didn't use any of Hyunwon clan's official techniques (i.e. Lone wolf's techniques like freezing) in Breaker 1. This just makes me think more and more that this was such an asspull.
    I'm not so sure; Unwol might just have taught Goomoonryong a few basics, while the rest of it is just techniques Goomoonryong picked up here and there later (Seismic Step doesn't seem to belong to Unwol's school for example).

Quote Originally Posted by moeman View Post
    Also why did Unwol take a new student when he deserted his first student? It doesn't make sense unless Lone Wolf wasn't worthy.
    Remember Part 1 (Chunwoo's flashback to the cave after Shioon ate the Illwallsindan). He hadn't planned on getting a new disciple (just like Chunwoo never planned to teach Shioon in the first place), but Chunwoo nonetheless persisted and became the unoffical 2th disciple. And as I said above, it doesn't seem to be common knowledge in the Murim that Unwol was Goomoonryong's master...
    Last edited by DarkLordOfKichiku; February 08, 2013 at 02:04 AM.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

if he can teach 9AD why cant he teach lone wolf. teaching lone wolf would have easy because he has train him 6 years and Unwol have to train 9AD that 6 years thing again to 9AD.

u cant say lone wolf is not worthy because training himself he become more powerful then lots of strong fighters.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suraj5898 View Post
    if he can teach 9AD why cant he teach lone wolf. teaching lone wolf would have easy because he has train him 6 years and Unwol have to train 9AD that 6 years thing again to 9AD.

u cant say lone wolf is not worthy because training himself he become more powerful then lots of strong fighters.
    Remember that Unwol was expelled from the Murim for killing those masters with the Black Origin THreshold. He didn't want his disciple to throw away his future by following him into exile, that's all (he probably expected Lone Wolf to find a new master or something).

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ChaoticKen's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

If Lone Wolf wanted to be famous why didn't he go after GMR himself? If this wasn't an asspull, he should have meet him in Breaker 1 either to follow or defeat GMR.

I just can't justify why does Lone wolf want to kill GMR's one and only disciple? For all he knows, Shioon is an unofficial member of Hyunwon clan. It doesn't make sense for someone like him to kill one of his kind. Also after the GMR vs Alliance fight and learning GMR can use BOT, Lone wolf should have understood that he can't beat GMR without BOT. So, if he really wants to follow GMR than why kill his disciple? Why not learn if he knows anything about BOT. Can you imagine what happens when he faces GMR and saying that he killed his disciple in cold blood?

Presumably, by the time he came out of training, ChunWoo had already vanished from public eye. Remember, the Nine Arts Dragon reappearing in the Murim was a big event. ChunWoo vanished after the death of his master, presumably to plot his revenge on the Alliance.

There's nothing to say that he feels any sort of attachment to ShiWoon. Like I mentioned, he might actually resent ChunWoo, and by proxy, his pupil ShiWoon.

Also, we don't really know if what Bald-Head Bitch-Face is using now are his school's techniques or not. Maybe they're originals. ChunWoo was pretty much just content to spam Soul Crushing Strikes, and he was also using a cast for most of the Breaker, which would've put a damper on what he could do.

Also, that technique that ShiWoon copied seems hella situational. You gotta juggle a dude in the air (tripping or uppercut or something) then uppercut them into a ceiling (not possible when you're in open space) and then punch them when they come down from the rebound. Not something I see someone like ChunWoo using.

Quote Originally Posted by moeman View Post
    It wasn't a matter of worthiness. UnWol left him because he didn't want his pupil suffering for being connected to him. And after that, it wasn't like UnWol could go out and find his pupil, considering his exile, or vice-versa, since UnWol was hidden away by the Alliance. How ChunWoo found him and got to be trained by him is a story that's yet to be fully told.

Though it's not hard to come up with reasons why UnWol would train him. Some possible reasons are...
    • He foresaw great potential in ChunWoo, and decided to teach him and guide him on the right path.
    • ChunWoo sought him out, or happened upon him, and asked UnWol to teach him. He was so persistent that UnWol gave in.
    • UnWol was lonely. Dude was exiled to live alone forever, and had lost his only pupil.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby_Temple View Post
    So Dokhengrang was Unwol's student before Chun-Woo.

I'm just wondering, if Dokhengrang is still searching for his master then he does not know that Unwol is dead.
    I assume he knwos that UnWol is dead.

18. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

the question is why in the world Bald Captain loss all his hair? hahahaha

Bald Captain knows BOT but that is it he learned that when he was stunned and when the MMA chief wants some books about it..... i really think that is the only info he got for BOT and nothing else and maybe he heard what happen of the rooftop from other murims about GMR attacking with no form and he confirm some of his theories about BOT

and i really think that he is jealous to GMR because Unwol trained GMR to attain the BOT and remember that BLACK HEAVEN and EARTH techs are passed by selective inheritance and Unwol knows from the start that if he trained GMR he will die or GMR will die and that's why he selected GMR for that matter and GMR is the only one who know the cave's location (other than MMA) so Unwol has no choice to give GMR the techs even the book of BHET

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast