Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Best Moment!

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Natsu and gang fighting their way thru the castle

0 0%
  • Rouge's shadow take over

2 2.94%
  • Gajeel's beatdown

4 5.88%
  • Gajeel pulling a Natsu move and eating the shadow

19 27.94%
  • Learning that Rouge (Raios) use to be Gajeel's disciple

6 8.82%
  • Gajeel's Dragon Force(?) mode

37 54.41%
New Reply
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail 318 Discussion/ 319 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member liductan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 318 Spoiler Thread

Honestly, as happy as I am for gajeel. DId he really have to eat the shadow to accomplish this? Ignoring this one SMALL detail. This chapter was off the chain, just like I thought it would be. Can't wait for the next chapter..!
    I have a black-belt in sarcasm, a degree in smartass and experienced in Bitch. Yep, I am damn ninja..

---you have been warned..

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Marzarret's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 318 Discussion/ 319 Predictions

This is what makes the First Generation of Dragonslayers superior from the succeeding Generations. They have a specialty to adapt to the other Dragon Elements aside from their own. Like Natsu that can consume the Fire Godslayer and the Lightning Dragonslayer magic, and now it is Gajeel that can consume the power of the Shadow Dragon.
    "Marine Admirals"

3. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

That was some cool stuff if I ever saw one. So it seems that the Shadow guy is the big bad? One of Zeref's minions or something else? Reminds of the stuff Jellal was possessed with.

That was some screwed up stuff from future Lucy - take them the other way to avoid the royal army just to run into the royal army?! She is either an idiot (which she shouldn't be, since she is Lucy) or she has ulterior motives.

One little thing that's been bugging me since last chapter - no way Fro would be allowed to just be on the battlefield casually, being a guild member. Probably author's intentional oversight in favor of the story.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MonkeyLuffy's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok,so no one here don't wonder how Gazeel got this power up?I was like O.O when Gazeel said"if natsu can do it,i can too"...WTF Gazeel,Salamander can shallow fire because he is a firetype dragon slayer,for god shake...Random power ups in this manga can make me crazy!:@

On the good part of the arc,i can't wait to see the 10.000 dragons!I really can't wait!
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic166772_2.gif

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

The chapter is great only in the last few pages I was ready to hate this chapter on what is happening with Gajeel being a punching bag then when he ate the shadow it started to get better and I think it is executed well because Natsu with lightning is still greater than Gajeel so he must have a power up...
    I know the power up in this manga is sometimes or always is BS but this isn't HxH or One Piece that is crazy great with details so I don't expect alot incase of power up I just enjoy it (Naruto has more weird powerup trust me)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Junior's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyLuffy View Post
    Ok,so no one here don't wonder how Gazeel got this power up?I was like O.O when Gazeel said"if natsu can do it,i can too"...WTF Gazeel,Salamander can shallow fire because he is a firetype dragon slayer,for god shake...Random power ups in this manga can make me crazy!:@

On the good part of the arc,i can't wait to see the 10.000 dragons!I really can't wait!
    I think that was more of a reference to how Natsu ate Laxus' lightning.

but I will admit it felt a little random.

"If Salamander can do it, I can too!"

That statement seemed to come out of nowhere. The process of ingesting another element was built up to be quite a big deal. In essence, they're taking a substance that's foreign to their body and forcibly integrating it.

That's supposed to be a pretty big deal.

Ah well, I wont complain. I love Gajeel's character and his fights are always pretty boss.

"Sword of The Iron Dragon's Shadow". Hah.
    2013 MH Resolution: Ignore the fanboys.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rarhyx's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Why random power up? It seem's you forgot that Natsu ate Laxus' lightning, didn't you?

and what Marzarret said seems plausible, maybe this is the difference between 1. generation DS vs 2. + 3. Generation

1. generation can eat other elements
    2. generation (dunno, forgot what was special about them)
    3. generation can activate Dragon Force whenever they want
    When scum rules the world only more scum are born...

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    I think that was more of a reference to how Natsu ate Laxus' lightning.

but I will admit it felt a little random.

"If Salamander can do it, I can too!"

That statement seemed to come out of nowhere. The process of ingesting another element was built up to be quite a big deal. In essence, they're taking a substance that's foreign to their body and forcibly integrating it.

That's supposed to be a pretty big deal.

Ah well, I wont complain. I love Gajeel's character and his fights are always pretty boss.

"Sword of The Iron Dragon's Shadow". Hah.
    The way I see it, he probably heard what Natsu did, so I wouldn't even be surprised if he actually asked Makarov or Levy about it.

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I found it hilarious that Rogue (or whatever's possessing him) now thinks that he's stronger than Gazille or Natsu, when most of his successful attacks came from blatant cheap-shots.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MonkeyLuffy's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rarhyx View Post
    Why random power up? It seem's you forgot that Natsu ate Laxus' lightning, didn't you?

and what Marzarret said seems plausible, maybe this is the difference between 1. generation DS vs 2. + 3. Generation

1. generation can eat other elements
    2. generation (dunno, forgot what was special about them)
    3. generation can activate Dragon Force whenever they want
    Μaybe im wrong,but Laxus gave his lacrima to Laxus,he couldn't steal it...He can steal powers,only if these powers are from his type...But he stole shadows?!I mean,come on,it was random...And what Marzarret said is a guess.Until Mashima explain it(something that it's not his style) it is random...And even if he explain it,my opinion is that these power ups are bad...Gazeel trained so he can face top fighters!It would be way more awesome if he face him with his own power...The thing with Mashima is that many times he can't creat a balance fight!At the start,Gazeel was playing with Rogue like he was a toy but then Rogue powered up,and Rogue play now with Gazeel...-.-

And what if Natsu eat a Fire,Lighting,stone,mud,air type magic??? -.-' Makarov and Gildtardz didn't become so strong by eating elements...Guess what,they trained,and thats why they are BEASTS!!!
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic166772_2.gif

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rarhyx's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Μaybe im wrong,but Laxus gave his lacrima to Laxus,he couldn't steal it...He can steal powers,only if these powers are from his type...But he stole shadows?!I mean,come on,it was random...And what Marzarret said is a guess.Until Mashima explain it(something that it's not his style) it is random...And even if he explain it,my opinion is that these power ups are bad...Gazeel trained so he can face top fighters!It would be way more awesome if he face him with his own power...The thing with Mashima is that many times he can't creat a balance fight!At the start,Gazeel was playing with Rogue like he was a toy but then Rogue powered up,and Rogue play now with Gazeel...-.-
    http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Lacrima

I doubt he recieved the lacrima...
    He doesn't steal the magic type, he just... eats it.
    And if he eats/uses another type (i.e. not fire magic) he is useless right after the fight because his body can't take it (isn't used to it).

http://www.mangareader.net/135-7216-...apter-101.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/221/3
    http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/249/8
    http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/259/9

So I'm expecpting the same from Gazille. IMO it wasn't random at all.
    Natsu eating a golden flame from Gerard was random, FT vs Hades was random... but not this.

And I don't think that Shadow is anything near human that's why Gazille got beat up and is now powering up.
    When scum rules the world only more scum are born...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member R3D's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

the thing is lightning is kinda similar to fire so it wouldnt be so farfetched when natsu ate lightning and able to use it instantly , but iron and shadow hasnt got like the same properties cuz iron is hard and solid while shadow is intangible so i dont get it how come gajeel can just eat shadow , its not like he ever tried eating shadow before , i mean who eats shadow ? and how do you eat it ? but it would be cool if when gajeel gets attacked than he become intagible then counters when a iron fist to the face X.X and im a gajeel fan !!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

His Gajeel's new image resemble me Brago from GashBell ^^

Why you are really wonder about Gajeel ate shadow?
    He'd never had it before doesn't mean he can't!
    I'm quite sure that later in the story, there will be a mixed power between dragon slayer^^

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MyuuMyuu's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the many reasons why Gajeel is my favorite among the dragon slayers (and probably among the all the men in Fairy Tail).
    He's just so frickin' badass, compared to everyone else, yet he's on the good site, but he's god damn fighting at his own conditions.

I don't get why people find his power up random. I mean, among all the power ups in Fairy Tail, this isn't really random compared to all the nakama-bullshit everyone pulls everytime. Also, Natsu eats lots of stuff to power up. When he fought against Jellal(Was it against jellal? Or do I remember wrong), he ate this...this...blue thingy. He got really sick afterwards, I remember. So natsu doesn't 'only' eat fire related stuff (god slaying magic, laxus lighting magic) So I don't see why Gajeel eating the shadow is random.
    I also believe Gajeel could win this fight without, but, as he said "If salamander can Do it, then I can too" . Natsu is Gajeel rival, so he just wanna prove to everyone (and probably himself) that Natsu goddamit aren't better than he are. I don't find it random at all, it makes sense to me and to Gajeel character and personality. I like this better than a "nakama" power up which fairy tail members always gets...

---------- Post added at 08:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by heavenchoas View Post
    the thing is lightning is kinda similar to fire so it wouldnt be so farfetched when natsu ate lightning and able to use it instantly , but iron and shadow hasnt got like the same properties cuz iron is hard and solid while shadow is intangible so i dont get it how come gajeel can just eat shadow , its not like he ever tried eating shadow before , i mean who eats shadow ? and how do you eat it ? but it would be cool if when gajeel gets attacked than he become intagible then counters when a iron fist to the face X.X and im a gajeel fan !!
    Natsu also ate other stuff to get power ups, like that blue thingy when he fought against jellal (It was against jellal, right?), so, I dont find it weird that Gajeel can also eat other things which aren't iron related. If Natsu can, all the first gernartion dragon slayers should be able to do it. As for how he ate the shadow.. well, how does rouge fight with the shadow xD? Its magic, I tell you! Magic!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My personal theory concering how that "power-up" works is either:

A) A 1st gen Dragonslayer can gain another Dragonslayer's power if they eat that Dragonslayer's element, though they probably need to have enough power to pull it off and it has to specifically be a Dragonslayer's power their absorbing.

B) A 1st gen Dragonslayer can get a new element by absorbing power from a DS Lacrima specifically. Both Laxus and Rouge use them so it's not entierly impossible. It would make things more complicated if that were the case though

New Reply
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast