Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Rate the Best Moment!

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Natsu and gang fighting their way thru the castle

    0 0%
  • Rouge's shadow take over

    2 2.94%
  • Gajeel's beatdown

    4 5.88%
  • Gajeel pulling a Natsu move and eating the shadow

    19 27.94%
  • Learning that Rouge (Raios) use to be Gajeel's disciple

    6 8.82%
  • Gajeel's Dragon Force(?) mode

    37 54.41%
New Reply
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 145

Thread: Fairy Tail 318 Discussion/ 319 Predictions

  1. #31
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 318 Discussion/ 319 Predictions

    Well, if rogue/raios was gajeel student, wasn't he a DS that time?

  2. #32
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MonkeyLuffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    Greece
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    67
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 318 Discussion/ 319 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Rarhyx View Post
    http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Lacrima

    I doubt he recieved the lacrima...
    He doesn't steal the magic type, he just... eats it.
    And if he eats/uses another type (i.e. not fire magic) he is useless right after the fight because his body can't take it (isn't used to it).

    http://www.mangareader.net/135-7216-...apter-101.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/221/3
    http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/249/8
    http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/259/9

    So I'm expecpting the same from Gazille. IMO it wasn't random at all.
    Natsu eating a golden flame from Gerard was random, FT vs Hades was random... but not this.

    And I don't think that Shadow is anything near human that's why Gazille got beat up and is now powering up.
    Dunno,maybe i was wrong about the lacrima,but im right about Laxus giving his element to Natsu...Natsu himself CANT,and we know that,HE CANT eat/swallow other elements except fire!Same with Gazille!Laxus was the one that lgave his magic to Natsu...And Natsu swallowing FLAMES(like the golden flames)is not random.It is what he is doing...Gazille can eat metals,thats fact too...But eating shadows?Hmmm...le me thing,NO!
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic166772_2.gif

  3. #33
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    141
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 318 Discussion/ 319 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by heavenchoas View Post
    the thing is lightning is kinda similar to fire so it wouldnt be so farfetched when natsu ate lightning and able to use it instantly

    What? Lightning is nothing like fire. YEs, lightning can *cause* fire when it hits something, but if you're going to use that logic, it's fine that Gajeel can eat shadow because his metal casts a shadow.


    Quote Quote:
    i mean who eats shadow ?
    A shadow dragonslayer

    Quote Quote:
    and how do you eat it ?
    Same deal as wendy. How do you eat "sky"? She doesn't, she consumes "Air". In the same way, gajeel/Rogue could just swallow "darkness" from places in shade.

    Quote Quote:
    Dunno,maybe i was wrong about the lacrima,but im right about Laxus giving his element to Natsu...Natsu himself CANT,and we know that,HE CANT eat/swallow other elements except fire!
    Except he can. He swallowed lightning. That's an absolutely indisputable fact. The limit that a dragonslayer can only eat their own element is gone. At the very least, it's clear that they can swallow other types of Dragonslayer magic, given the right opportunity.
    Last edited by Lozmaster; February 07, 2013 at 10:27 AM.

  4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #34
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Mauritius
    Posts
    1,546
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 318 Discussion/ 319 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyLuffy View Post
    Ok,so no one here don't wonder how Gazeel got this power up?I was like O.O when Gazeel said"if natsu can do it,i can too"...WTF Gazeel,Salamander can shallow fire because he is a firetype dragon slayer,for god shake...Random power ups in this manga can make me crazy!:@
    They only appear random if one doesn't read carefully enough.

    Using other magical power sources than one's own element is a pretty well established power up in Fairy Tail for like ... umh ... about ... uhm, no pretty much exactly 220 chapters, as well as using the other element a Dragon Slayer consumed.

    And yes. Natsu wasn't using flames back then against Gérard after eating Etherion...
    Last edited by hoeru; February 07, 2013 at 10:31 AM.

  6. #35
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Freid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Iron Fist Tournament
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,204
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 318 Discussion/ 319 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by heavenchoas View Post
    so i dont get it how come gajeel can just eat shadow , its not like he ever tried eating shadow before , i mean who eats shadow ? and how do you eat it ?
    I know right? It's not like we already have people eating wind, fire and lighting..........oh, wait......

    Anyway, I for one approve of this power up. Shadow and iron is an odd combination but I think shadow kinda suits Gajeels nature and I'm trusting Mashima to be creative with it....*fingers crossed*
    Last edited by Freid; February 07, 2013 at 10:36 AM.
    Predictions: Smoker | One Piece
    Why So Serious?

  7. #36
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MonkeyLuffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    Greece
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    67
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 318 Discussion/ 319 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Lozmaster View Post
    What? Lightning is nothing like fire. YEs, lightning can *cause* fire when it hits something, but if you're going to use that logic, it's fine that Gajeel can eat shadow because his metal casts a shadow.



    A shadow dragonslayer



    Same deal as wendy. How do you eat "sky"? She doesn't, she consumes "Air". In the same way, gajeel/Rogue could just swallow "darkness" from places in shade.


    Except he can. He swallowed lightning. That's an absolutely indisputable fact. The limit that a dragonslayer can only eat their own element is gone. At the very least, it's clear that they can swallow other types of Dragonslayer magic, given the right opportunity.
    Correct me if im wrong,but Laxus GAVE his power to Natsu,Natsu himself can't eat thunders...So thats what im saying ! And overall,that idea of many elements in DS,is bad...All DS will end up with 896786 elements in their power...Tell me this,is Makarov and Gildtarz fools that they trained themselfs to become so strong while DSs just eat elements and get stronger?And why Laxus didn't ate Natsu's flames?
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic166772_2.gif

  8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #37
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Selfia, Norad
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    598
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 318 Discussion/ 319 Predictions

    Geeze. This is a day early.

    Well, I really liked the chapter. Future Lucy leading them into the knights seems like a trap, and I like that. Rogue getting possessed was pretty easy to see coming, and it wasn't done poorly. Didn't foresee Frosch taking action, but I love that. Eating the shadows was cool too, because even if I'm not a Gajeel fan it's nice to see him catching up to Natsu. Just one thing that bugs me: Why did Rogue need a name change? We aren't going to have to start calling him Raios now, are we?

  10. #38
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member R3D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Singapore
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    588
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 318 Discussion/ 319 Predictions

    its more believable if you say gajeel absorbed the shadow , but eat it ? i still find it strange eating shadow lol ...

  11. #39
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Athrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    T.C.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    250
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 318 Discussion/ 319 Predictions

    It does seem plausible that this ability is a first gen DS only, because unless I missed a chapter or can't remember it, we weren't told by anyone with extensive knowledge of DS magic what would happen if a DS ate a dragon (?) element other than his own. All we was told is that DS can eat their own element to recover their magic and the only other things Natsu have eaten other than fire was a physical item (lacrima) and lightning.

    Quote Originally Posted by heavenchoas View Post
    its more believable if you say gajeel absorbed the shadow , but eat it ? i still find it strange eating shadow lol ...
    So we're ignoring Rogue?
    Last edited by Athrin; February 07, 2013 at 10:52 AM.

  12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  13. #40
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rarhyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,074
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 318 Discussion/ 319 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyLuffy View Post
    Correct me if im wrong,but Laxus GAVE his power to Natsu,Natsu himself can't eat thunders...So thats what im saying ! And overall,that idea of many elements in DS,is bad...All DS will end up with 896786 elements in their power...Tell me this,is Makarov and Gildtarz fools that they trained themselfs to become so strong while DSs just eat elements and get stronger?And why Laxus didn't ate Natsu's flames?
    Laxus not only gave it to Natsu but Natsu also ate it.

    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyLuffy View Post
    Dunno,maybe i was wrong about the lacrima,but im right about Laxus giving his element to Natsu...Natsu himself CANT,and we know that,HE CANT eat/swallow other elements except fire!Same with Gazille!Laxus was the one that lgave his magic to Natsu...And Natsu swallowing FLAMES(like the golden flames)is not random.It is what he is doing...Gazille can eat metals,thats fact too...But eating shadows?Hmmm...le me thing,NO!
    http://www.mangareader.net/135-7212-...hapter-97.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/219/17 (these weren't normal flames he had problem with eating them)
    http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/246/2

    he ate it...

    and guess what makorov and gildarts aren't DS. Natsu and Gazille also trained but this a "DS only" power up. I could also make expamples from other manga but it would be OT and will be deleted

    Quote Originally Posted by SerpentTailedAngel View Post
    Why did Rogue need a name change? We aren't going to have to start calling him Raios now, are we?
    I'll stick with Rogue^^

  14. #41
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kuza's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    271
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 318 Discussion/ 319 Predictions

    Not bad, firstly i thought "Oh, god, not again Gajeel, bro! Don't be FT's smoker", but then it turned out in an intresting way. My only concern is the source of this shadow. Lets see what could it be?
    -Zeref (pretty lame, giving the fact that Mavis didnt know what is that, though she's been on Tenrou island and should know Zerefs' aura/magic)
    -Acnologia (pretty lame also, cause acnologia most likely wont know their names and wont communicate with them UNLESS he has some plans towards Rogue).
    http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/318/24 bottom, 2nd from left reminds me of Acnologia,
    -Imp of Raven Tail? Could be, since Gajeel kinda betrayed RT and they would most likely gonna get him pay, why not make Rogue kill him?
    -Former master of Phantom Lord, Joze? Same idea, he could become an evil guy and operate from shadows, his magic was also shadow like. He has a reason to hate Gajeel, since he joined FT. (I rewatched phantom lords arc lately, thats why I've got this wild guess)

    What is given is this substance probably hates Gajeel, it is unknown for Mavis but seems to me its familiar to Jerar and co., so it might be something big or small. Anyway Mashima knows how to make mistery. Good chaper.

  15. #42
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wonderland 8
    Country
    Bahamas
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,936
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 318 Discussion/ 319 Predictions

    So, I was opposed to the presence of the shadow, some apparent random power-up for Rogue, just completely out of principle. And I find the idea that Rogue could seriously push Gajeel to be ridiculous after what we've seen. However, I think those things can be forgiven, because without those we wouldn't have this total badass version of Gajeel. Awesomeness.

  16. #43
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MonkeyLuffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    Greece
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    67
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 318 Discussion/ 319 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Rarhyx View Post
    Laxus not only gave it to Natsu but Natsu also ate it.



    http://www.mangareader.net/135-7212-...hapter-97.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/219/17 (these weren't normal flames he had problem with eating them)
    http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/246/2

    he ate it...

    and guess what makorov and gildarts aren't DS. Natsu and Gazille also trained but this a "DS only" power up. I could also make expamples from other manga but it would be OT and will be deleted



    I'll stick with Rogue^^
    well,i see your examples there(i remembered only the part that Laxus said that he gave his power to him)....But the whole thing with eating and power ups dont like it!Still we dont know why Laxus couldn't eat Natsu's flames...Also,can Natsu eat Gazille's metal?Also,As far as we know,Natsu didn't had a serious training...And as we see,they get power ups by eating things,so no need for training...Still dont like it...And the fight Rogue vs Gazille...Nah!At the begining Gazille beat Rogue,Rogue power up,Rogue beat Gazille,Gazille power up,Gazille beat Rogue(thats my guess) ... I expected more balanced fight when Rogue got the power up!:/
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic166772_2.gif

  17. #44
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kuza's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    271
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 318 Discussion/ 319 Predictions

    Guys don't forget that this particular shadow substance can be not Rogue's df power, it gave him a high power boost, so it's probably a kind of "help" from outside, which means it belongs to someone else. If Natsu could eat etherion, I don't see a problem with Gajeel eating some shadow substance that was meant to power up Rogue. After all Gajeel will have big time aftereffect, you'll see.

  18. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  19. #45
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Athrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    T.C.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    250
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 318 Discussion/ 319 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyLuffy View Post
    well,i see your examples there(i remembered only the part that Laxus said that he gave his power to him)....But the whole thing with eating and power ups dont like it!Still we dont know why Laxus couldn't eat Natsu's flames...Also,can Natsu eat Gazille's metal?Also,As far as we know,Natsu didn't had a serious training...And as we see,they get power ups by eating things,so no need for training...Still dont like it...And the fight Rogue vs Gazille...Nah!At the begining Gazille beat Rogue,Rogue power up,Rogue beat Gazille,Gazille power up,Gazille beat Rogue(thats my guess) ... I expected more balanced fight when Rogue got the power up!:/
    I don't really understand how you expected a balanced fight when Gajeel was already stronger than Rogue. A power up doesn't mean the gap got any closer. Also about eating to get power ups--all the time that Natsu got that power up was in crucial moments. You're making it seem that all Natsu have to do is eat, which I think you're wrong about.

    Honestly, I don't really know why everyone is setting invisible limits on this thing. As far as I'm concerned, a Dragon Slayer of only 1 type of dragon is pretty useless in a time where dragons are everywhere--there had to have been someone to have the ability to slay multiple dragons, using multiple styles.

  20. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts