Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Rate the Best Moment!

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Natsu and gang fighting their way thru the castle

0 0%
  • Rouge's shadow take over

2 2.94%
  • Gajeel's beatdown

4 5.88%
  • Gajeel pulling a Natsu move and eating the shadow

19 27.94%
  • Learning that Rouge (Raios) use to be Gajeel's disciple

6 8.82%
  • Gajeel's Dragon Force(?) mode

37 54.41%
New Reply
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail 318 Discussion/ 319 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 1337 haxor's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Well...

Gosh, that translation was awful! I couldn't get half of what the chapter was saying.

Anyhow, mad evil Gajeel brought back some good memories.

My guess is that the Dragon Slayers began awakening their past lives, the ungodly powerful magicians who slew thousands of dragons are finally coming out from their reincarnated shell and hence that 80 plus year barrier is beggining to make sense.

Only those with true dragon training actually have a second ancient and more badass personality, Laxus is already badass enough the way he is so no crazy power up for him.

What gave me satisfaction is that instead of using the power of friendhip, Gajeel used a know and tested strategy to justify his increase in power and that ended up bringing back his past self from the age of dragons.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member kuroSaki_Ichi's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 318 Discussion/ 319 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Murim View Post
    Another interesting thing is, that after entering DS Mode Gajeel remembered Rogue's true name Raios and that he was his disciple. Until now Gajeel seemed not to know him.

So maybe we gonna get some info about Gajeel's past and his age etc.
    I don't think he was suppressing his memory, he probably just didn't say anything.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yea i have been a bit dissaolpinted in mangapanda's transation
    but i did catch the general idea of.this chapter

Mangahelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ghostexiled's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What we may not see or understand yet... is that this "Shadow" power may of originally belonged to Gajeel and it was sealed off within someone or something. Now after sometime he unknowingly has fused back together with his previous powers... Iron Shadow.

Could be the same with Natsu... he is now Fire Lightning.

I am not saying this is TRUTH... just an idea.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ghostexiled View Post
    What we may not see or understand yet... is that this "Shadow" power may of originally belonged to Gajeel and it was sealed off within someone or something. Now after sometime he unknowingly has fused back together with his previous powers... Iron Shadow.

Could be the same with Natsu... he is now Fire Lightning.

I am not saying this is TRUTH... just an idea.
    that is certainly an interesting theory, it seems gajeel thrives in the darkness
    i think he would be an excellent villian i mean i dont want him to die obviously, but man he is great as a bad guy

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rarhyx's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO he is the Vegeta-version of the FT-verse...
    So this shadow thing might the same thing as the majin thing in DB ^^'
    When scum rules the world only more scum are born...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

I got no problem with Rogues power up either, it's not even his own for all we know!
    That's the deal for me, if it was his own power up, I would also prefer more development, however he's not even in control any more.. So Gajeel isn't even fighting Rogue, but someone completely else, using Rogues body.. What's the problem? I got a really hard time seeing it, we don't even know what the shadow is yet.

I like how Gajeel is not falling short on Natsu, we don't always see this in other shounens, and I find this a quality in Fairy Tail that I cherish, go Gajeel!! Damn he looks bad ass now
    Albeit I prefer that Natsu will remain the strongest, and not completely on pair with each others, but still in same league until toward the end of the manga.

I really liked this chapter, I had non stop fear for Natsu and the gang getting their magic powers drained from the gate, hell even believing the future Lucy is real and not someone in disguise or a manipulated future Lucy for that matter is getting tricky.
    What is she hiding? Why the tunnel of all places? does it lead to the gate? Below the gate? How did some of them get lost?
    I don't trust the future Lucy, whether she's manipulated or someone in disguise, something is completely off with her, and it really makes me curious!

Gotta admit, this Fairy Tail chapter was rather epic

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Morlun's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stevens41 View Post
    Why hasn't Laxus eaten fire magic? Well, probably because he is not a first generation Dragon Slayer.
    Also, he's never been stupid enough to try. Natsu is that guy.

And Natsu once tried to eat Laxus' lightning and just got sick, pretty much like when he ate the black flames the first time.

Maybe it's like Makarov said it back then, when the magic power is depleted, they can eat another element.

Quote Originally Posted by stevens41 View Post
    The whole thing about Rogue being Gajeel's diciple is a bit funny because one would think Rogue would remember something like that but oh well :-) Still a good chapter in my opinion.
    He does. He said he didn't expect Gajeel to remember, but he looked up to him. Gajeel has just shown that he remembers.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The action was very boring, and I don't see why anyone would have any interest in Natsu and Loki fighting fodder, but the ending of the chapter was awesome. Gajeel finally gets his own power-up, and now we're actually going to get more of a backstory on him. Didn't think Rogue was actually Gajeels disciple, considering how boring his story was last week and how shallow Sting's reason for beating Natsu was. Or the fact that we didn't know he had one. Gajeel eating Rogue's shadow is also MUCH much easier to stomach then Natsu eating God Flames and Laxus' Lightning.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rarhyx's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by exacta View Post
    Gajeel eating Rogue's shadow is also MUCH much easier to stomach then Natsu eating God Flames and Laxus' Lightning.
    explain...? please...?
    When scum rules the world only more scum are born...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member kuroSaki_Ichi's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rarhyx View Post
    explain...? please...?
    Think he meant for Natsu, he had to do that whole emptying reserve thingy......and Gajeel just sucked it in after a beating lol

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Da fuq. Don't tell me this is another Japanese mind fuck. If everything has been a troll from the start I'm flipping my desk. (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻

But no seriously Gajeel's new mode is bad ass - but what the hell does he know that he hasn't shared with natsu? My head hurts.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 100

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rarhyx View Post
    explain...? please...?
    Well, I didn't want to go in depth because it's wildly off topic, but I'll start with the God Flames first. First of all, from the moment they started fighting we had this whole "Godslayer" hype being jammed down our throats about how God Flames are stronger than normal flames and can't be eaten. This indeed proves true at first, but then Natsu can magically eat them by "emptying out his magical reserve". Bull. Also kind of kills the whole point of God Slayers, doesn't it? First God Slayer we meet fights with special flames that can't be eaten, and he gets defeated by.....having his flames get eaten. Yeah. Not exactly a cool or exciting way to end that fight. It's why I don't give a crap about God Slayers.

Next, Natsu is not supposed to be able to eat Laxus' lightning. He tried once and he got extremely sick. His fight with Laxus was one of the few in FT where Natsu doesn't defeat his opponent by eating something. So the idea of Natsu being able to suddenly eat Laxus' flames just because Laxus is cool with it is a bit nonsensical. The logic behind it also made no sense at all, Natsu at that point had little magic power left, and couldn't even scratch Hades. That being with the help of Erza, Lucy, Wendy and Gray. So why the hell would Laxus giving him all of his magic be a good idea? Makes absolutely no sense. Then Natsu actually gets to keep it for some reason. The whole concept was mostly bull.

So why am I cool with Gajeel eating Rogue/Raios' shadow? Well, first off, he's Gajeel, he's awesome and doesn't get enough screentime or attention. His spotlight is very often stolen by Natsu, it's about damn time Gajeel gets some kind of Dragon Force mode or something, he's the only Dragon Slayer aside from Wendy who hasn't. Secondly, there's nothing we can take from this manga that suggests eating shadow's should not be possible, although it is questionable since Gajeel is a Iron Dragon Slayer, not a Shadow Dragon Slayer. But still, the presentation is much more acceptable, especially since we had no reason to think Gajeel would lose this fight anyway, and he does deserve a power-up like this. Plus, Iron Shadow is a helluva a lot cooler than Lighting Fire, if you ask me. Lightning Fire always sounded dumb to me, and the way they combine together isn't really very interesting, though it does look cool. We'll see how Mashima combines Iron with Shadow.

Actually, seeing as how Rogue/Raios was Gajeel's disciple, he probably learned how to eat shadows himself, since he apparently mentored him or something.
    Last edited by exacta; February 07, 2013 at 06:30 PM.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Darkdrone's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Good god I hated this chapter.

Why Mashima? Why? Why must you constantly troll Gajeel more than any other character in Fairy Tail? When has Gajeel gotten a real fight ever since he lost against Natsu when he joined the crew? He is always getting side stepped and so outclassed by Natsu its not even funny. God the idea that Rogue got this random ass pull shadow coming out of no where because somehow Rogue realising that Lector is his friend is truly asinine.

Why was Natsu able tot take BOTH dragon slayers IN dragon force but Gajeel can't even take one down. Hell he couldn't even touch him nearly the entire chapter. WTF MASHIMA? Why did Gajeel train so long for? To get his ass handed to him by Rouge out of all people? I miss the days when it sorta impled Natsu and Gajeel were close in strength but Natsu was slightly stronger. Now its not even funny how far Natsu out classes Gajeel.

Him now eating shadow was stupid as well because instead of using what he trained for like everyone else, he has to rely on eating the shadow instead. Which implies his ENTIRE training was worthless because he now has shadow as his additional power.

Also notice how conveniently Rouge gets this sudden power up when he fights Gajeel but not Natsu. Jeez its like Gajeel is the series punching doll or something. Why didn't he realize Lector was his friend when he was getting his ass handed to him by Natsu? Why couldn't Mashima let Gajeel get this one and be challenged by someone else who wasn't owned by Natsu so easily? I would have MUCH prefered if Gajeel easily defeated Rouge and said something like "You're not on my level or Natsu's. Step it up and train some more to make this more challenging."
    Last edited by ghostexiled; February 07, 2013 at 07:26 PM.

"It’s not always the talented that wins! But the ones who won because they persevere!"

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrone View Post
    God the idea that Rogue got this random ass pull shadow coming out of no where because somehow Rogue realising that Lector is his friend is truly asinine.
    So you took the "third generation dragon slayers" stuff for granted without ever asking for its background? Even after we saw Igneel mourning about Skyadrum and Weißlogia? Fine. I guess Mashima just started to provide some additional information.

BTW, it's not Rogue that is fighting Gajeel atm.

Why was Natsu able tot take BOTH dragon slayers IN dragon force but Gajeel can't even take one down.
    Because Rios wasn't taken over by the shadow back then.

Him now eating shadow was stupid as well because instead of using what he trained for like everyone else, he has to rely on eating the shadow instead. Which implies his ENTIRE training was worthless because he now has shadow as his additional power.
    Without the mixed-element mode he'd be still much weaker than Natsu who's got the fire-thunder mode.
    Last edited by ghostexiled; February 07, 2013 at 07:26 PM.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast