Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Best Moment!

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Natsu and gang fighting their way thru the castle

0 0%
  • Rouge's shadow take over

2 2.94%
  • Gajeel's beatdown

4 5.88%
  • Gajeel pulling a Natsu move and eating the shadow

19 27.94%
  • Learning that Rouge (Raios) use to be Gajeel's disciple

6 8.82%
  • Gajeel's Dragon Force(?) mode

37 54.41%
New Reply
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail 318 Discussion/ 319 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 318 Discussion/ 319 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by JunKisaragi View Post
    Hmm...all this talk about them eating stuff...

Timeline (geekmode ON):

1.) From accounts of other people, Natsu ate Laxus' lightning and got sick from doing so. It was said that he wasn't able to utilize said magic. This event was not shown.
    It was never said that Natsu was unable to use it. It was just said that he ate the lightning, was defeated almost instantly, and ended up sick afterwards. The "defeated almost instantly" part doesn't mean eating the lightning KOed him, or that he wasn't able to use it. It means that the gap between him and Laxus was so great Laxus defeated him easily regardless of whether or not eating the lightning did anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonsagara View Post
    I'm guessing this shadow is somehow related to Zeref. It seems that it was attached to future Lucy previously, when Jellal confronted her. Notice that he assumes that future Lucy is in a fight because he senses the shadow's magic energy. I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that it might also have something to do with the imp that was hanging around Obra previously, but slipped away after Laxus defeated Raven Tail. There was definitely something sinister about that little guy.
    Technically speaking, Future Lucy is in a fight at the moment. She's not really doing anything in it at the moment, but that doesn't mean she wouldn't have power flaring up in response to the threat.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rarhyx View Post
    I think it depends on the translator like Gazille/Gajeel, Gerard/Jellal, Erza/Elsa, Laxus/Luxus, etc.
    Well, I guess I wanted to know which translation was more faithful to the original. Reyos should start with レ while Raios should start with ラ. It's not an issue of "is this an L or an R?" or "was there supposed to be another consonant here?" Rey and Rai are different enough sounds that I don't get why they both showed up in scanlations. It's driving me nuts.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member FirenX's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Overall a pretty good chapter this week. What my 2 thoughts are:

Maybe that mysterious magic that Crime Sorciere feels every single year is Rouge or now known as Reyos.
    I bet he is posessed by Zeref's magic.

And ''Future Lucy'' lured them down there because of something.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kakashidad's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow,i was like...wtf when Gajeel seemed to be getting owned by that idiot Rios/rogue & his shadow.I mean come
    on Gajeel had already shown that he could sense where a shadow attack was coming from.When he and NATSU
    first took on the fake DS from sabertooth.And WHY has Rogue still not used his sword? maybe that was a mistake,
    lol.

But i knew it was a ploy by mashima,to invoke a senario that would foster the desired outcome...Gajeel actually
    showing his real worth!Although we have to wait for yet another issue for him to shine at last,lol.I must say by
    and large this was another EPIC issue...but if you don't like namaka power-ups or as some may say random power
    ups.Then this issue was a waste of time...lol.GET REAL.

It should of been apparent that whatever one dragon slayer could do.Another would be able to copy if the story so
    desired it.It's all down to strenght in the end.And whether one is weaker than the other to have such a ''random''
    power-up EXECUTED.

Laxus has been brought up as not needing to eat someone elses magic or unable to eat someones magic.In order to
    get STRONGER...lets look at this for a moment objectively.

Laxus,the beast that he IS...Is a SECOND gen dragonslayer...it's probably not within his capabilities to eat someone
    elses magic...And does he need to anyhow? the same would probably apply to the 3rd GEN dragon-slayers the first
    bit about not capable?

Master Markov and Gildartz,Are known BEASTS/MONSTERS that have already shown that they,even though worthy
    opponents are not yet up to the level of fighting REAL DRAGONS.Should not in all seriousness be brought into the
    same debate.

There's a reason that Markov sought out Dragon slayers,it will be revealed shortly..just have patient if you've not worked
    it out yet,lol.

In truth,Gajeels growth is slower than NATSU...that's why we got the ''if natsu can'' speach.But none the less it's there.
    I really didn't know that appearing to be a badness was any indicator of actual strenght,lol.Gajeel at the end of the day
    says as much to the shadow processing his former student/groupie,lol.I was a bully! i'll show you why i was feared.
    And not to be looked up too...

Natsu for all the cheapshots aimed at him.Stood up to those types.And made a believer out of GAJEELto the extent that
    he feared and ended up respecting Dragneel and entering fairy tail.Where true strenght laid.I strayed slightly sorry,lol.

The next issue might take a different direction,as it's entitled ''holy knight''.So Gajeel big moment,i suspect will be
    short lived(pissed off in advance).However it begs the question why did Mirajane run off to find YUKINO..and why
    Arcadois(spelling) took her and when off in a another direction?Half of that answer has already been asked/told in
    the previous issue...why has future lucy been ecconomical with the truth so far?

I suspect it has alot to do with ZEREF aura that surrounds her and what the shadow attached to Rogue is...To think
    that Mavis is witnessing that particular magic for the first time,should say alot considering?
    Last edited by kakashidad; February 09, 2013 at 05:29 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rarhyx's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SerpentTailedAngel View Post
    Well, I guess I wanted to know which translation was more faithful to the original. Reyos should start with レ while Raios should start with ラ. It's not an issue of "is this an L or an R?" or "was there supposed to be another consonant here?" Rey and Rai are different enough sounds that I don't get why they both showed up in scanlations. It's driving me nuts.
    In that case I can't help you

but I could imagine something like this:
    Gazille beats shadow out od Rogue and asks:
    "Hey Raios, you alright?"
    "yeah, thanks but call me pls Rogue."

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MonkeyLuffy's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

To get my point FT fans,it is supposed that DS magicians have to develope their magic power...I mean,Natsu and Gajeel had to go to dragon force and not find easy solutions with eating stufs...Same with Natsu,that was the whole point of their powers from the beggining of this series!It would be way better if they had developed their own power and not stealing/eating/swallowing magic from others...Gajeel would be awesome in dragon force,not like this iron-shadow character...It's like Mashima forgot the Dragon force power...He is ignoring Natsu's and Gajeel's element!Just no!
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic166772_2.gif

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FirenX View Post
    Overall a pretty good chapter this week. What my 2 thoughts are:

Maybe that mysterious magic that Crime Sorciere feels every single year is Rouge or now known as Reyos.
    I bet he is posessed by Zeref's magic.

And ''Future Lucy'' lured them down there because of something.
    I thought about that too, but then I remembered that Jellal said he recognized that weird magic when he saw future-Lucy.
    So most likely she was the one that was using that weird kind of magic, not Rogue.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Morlun's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    I thought about that too, but then I remembered that Jellal said he recognized that weird magic when he saw future-Lucy.
    So most likely she was the one that was using that weird kind of magic, not Rogue.
    Or maybe they are both using the same kind of magic. And if that's the case, then it is one more point in favour of the "Future Lucy serves Zeref theory."

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

hey
    good chapter. I know some ppl do complain that natsu and gajeel are stealing other people's ability but elementally speaking which element is which. In reality you have to steal other elemental magic to get the job done. Think about it for a minute, natsu to have fire he weilds both wind and electricity as you can't have combustion (fire) without oxygen class and you do require a spark (electricity to start it). Gajeel is an iron dragon but technically that's an earth element (Iron is actually a rock found in the earth and actually has a crystal structure). Lightening itself at the atomic scale is nothing more then static electricity between two charged atoms in the sky which then due to massive electrical potentials (magnetic attraction) hit the ground (not completely true but it gives you the idea), but lightning is not only a wind element, its a water element as well because air is a vapor mixutre of water vapor and other gases as well. So technically a dragon slayer if was "intelligent, geeky and powerful" enough could actually conquer every element; despite the fact that in anime this is never shown otherwise ( this statement is true for bleach as well). here's the ultimate proof, natsu's fire is considered close to inferno which becomes plume like at some point almost a solid-liquid state so he has controlled other elements without realizing it and even can change the state of matter. Think about lava, lava is considered fire's ultimate form, it really is a combo of wind/air( lets be honest the vapors from a volcanic eruption can kill you alone), heat, fire and melted rock (google lava and you'll see lots of melted rock) so here a whole sleuth of elements are being utilized. Being a pyro maniac and to keep the characters to being humans and not superpowered gods, this is not done otherwise you could imagine a crazy never ending battle. Even in this chapter, natsu throws away a set of guards just with the after force of his "wind" as a sonic boom which is a wind element but natsu figured out how to use.

Natsu and gajeel learnt from real dragons but were fairly young so didn't learn everything and so they got intelligent enough to start manipulating the secondary aspects of their primary elements to become more powerful.
    Last edited by amitnaruto; February 09, 2013 at 02:50 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyLuffy View Post
    To get my point FT fans,it is supposed that DS magicians have to develope their magic power...I mean,Natsu and Gajeel had to go to dragon force and not find easy solutions with eating stufs...
    Would you please finally care to read back the last 318 chapters, dear OP fan? What's Dragon Force good for if you don't have any magical power left to support it? Natsu's fight against Gerard and Zero clearly prove that, and it would have been a complete ass pull each time if Mashima forced them into DF when they were downed and overpowered seconds before.

So DS (and GS) have the unique ability to consume magic to replenish. They are the only ones being able to do that. You won't see Mira or Elsa pull something like that nor Gildarts nor Makarov. As "eating magic" is part of the DS/GS magic to replenish, it's only logical if DS/GS start to eat different elements when there's no other power source left. It's like vegetarians have to eat insects when they're starving - there's nothing else there to survive.

Same with Natsu,that was the whole point of their powers from the beggining of this series!
    In the beginning of the series, there weren't any high class mages, where it was necessary to eat other elements. But that changed in the Tower of Paradise arc.

In addition, Mashima explained through the Tenrou arc that all magic has one origin: The One Magic.

It would be way better if they had developed their own power and not stealing/eating/swallowing magic from others...
    Mages usually replenish from absorbing Eternano, but that needs time. It doesn't grow out of one's body from nowhere. (Ch.263)

Gajeel would be awesome in dragon force,not like this iron-shadow character...It's like Mashima forgot the Dragon force power...He is ignoring Natsu's and Gajeel's element!Just no!
    I guess you're just interpreting elements just within the narrow borders of other manga which is a pity, while Mashima already showed in Natsu's fight against Totomaru, that there's different kinds of fire, even something called "orange fire" which Natsu did not eat.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member JunKisaragi's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rarhyx View Post
    4.) no sideeffects, huh?
    www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/220/4

wendy healed him (also why his scarf returned to its normal color)
    It was not said if he passed out as a side-effect or due to exhaustion though. Although it is interesting to think that he may have passed out due to lack of magic power to utilize acquired magic. This is after all, Natsu pre-Second Origin. Anyhow, I guess that could also be counted as a side-effect, so you may be right.

Also, I seem to remember Makarov directing Wendy to heal Natsu's scarf as it was interfering with his recovery. But this is another story.

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Krono View Post
    It was never said that Natsu was unable to use it. It was just said that he ate the lightning, was defeated almost instantly, and ended up sick afterwards. The "defeated almost instantly" part doesn't mean eating the lightning KOed him, or that he wasn't able to use it. It means that the gap between him and Laxus was so great Laxus defeated him easily regardless of whether or not eating the lightning did anything.
    Although, I think the point is that he was unable to use it. I didn't elaborate as details were scarce (I could only think of it as being said by someone and not an actual event that was shown).

Anyhow, thanks.

Relax. Take a chill pill.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MonkeyLuffy's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Would you please finally care to read back the last 318 chapters, dear OP fan? What's Dragon Force good for if you don't have any magical power left to support it? Natsu's fight against Gerard and Zero clearly prove that, and it would have been a complete ass pull each time if Mashima forced them into DF when they were downed and overpowered seconds before.

So DS (and GS) have the unique ability to consume magic to replenish. They are the only ones being able to do that. You won't see Mira or Elsa pull something like that nor Gildarts nor Makarov. As "eating magic" is part of the DS/GS magic to replenish, it's only logical if DS/GS start to eat different elements when there's no other power source left. It's like vegetarians have to eat insects when they're starving - there's nothing else there to survive.

In the beginning of the series, there weren't any high class mages, where it was necessary to eat other elements. But that changed in the Tower of Paradise arc.

In addition, Mashima explained through the Tenrou arc that all magic has one origin: The One Magic.

Mages usually replenish from absorbing Eternano, but that needs time. It doesn't grow out of one's body from nowhere. (Ch.263)

I guess you're just interpreting elements just within the narrow borders of other manga which is a pity, while Mashima already showed in Natsu's fight against Totomaru, that there's different kinds of fire, even something called "orange fire" which Natsu did not eat.
    So,you didn't even said something about DF and how Mashima forgot this power for 2 arcs.And in the end,why Mashima had to give to DS magicians another unique ability?They have already this awesome,unique and beastly power from the start..The only thing that Mashima had to do is develop their ability to transform to their own will.All the other are unnecessary and useless.When Gajile saw how strong Rogue was after his power up,he had to transform into DF....And why the hell they had to waste all their magic power before they use DF?Gerard and Zero were 7 years before they "trained" and do a huge power up .But that's me,a disappointed reader that used to like DSs power when they used DF...
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic166772_2.gif

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

So,you didn't even said something about DF and how Mashima forgot this power for 2 arcs.And in the end,why Mashima had to give to DS magicians another unique ability?They have already this awesome,unique and beastly power from the start..The only thing that Mashima had to do is develop their ability to transform to their own will.All the other are unnecessary and useless.When Gajile saw how strong Rogue was after his power up,he had to transform into DF....And why the hell they had to waste all their magic power before they use DF?Gerard and Zero were 7 years before they "trained" and do a huge power up .But that's me,a disappointed reader that used to like DSs power when they used DF...
    There is literally no difference between "Dragon force" and using a second element of attacks, except for the obvious fact the attacks take on two elements and not just the one the dragonslayers learnt originally. The first thing anyone said about Lightning-Fire mode was erzas "It's just like when he ate Etherion!"

Besides that, it's extremely likely that Natsu and Gajeel will eventually learn to control dragon force in addition to the second elements. They can't yet, but it seems extremely unlikely that either of them could slay A dragon (Specifically Acknowlogia) yet, and I'm absolutely certain they (and wendy) will have to beat him by the end of Fairy tail, possibly with the help of other dragon slayers (Laxus, Sting, Rogue, and in much less likely, Cobra).

Still, it's not possible for them to activate dragon force as of yet. The obvious solution is that they somehow get Lacrima implanted into their bodies. Perhaps when they finally meet Igneel, Grandine and Metalicana they end up sacrificing themselves to become lacrima for the dragonslayers to fight Acknowlogia (and other dragons?)
    Last edited by Lozmaster; February 10, 2013 at 01:26 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Marche's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

My prediction for the next chapter of Fairy Tail:
    I believe that in the first part there will the match between Gazille and the strange shadow that posses Rogue.
    I believe that even thanks to Frosh Gazille will be able to beat the shadow, he will be able to free Rogue, while the shadow will not be completely defeated, it will only free Rogue but then perhaps after some time will possess another human (even if I would really like if Crime Sorciere will found it and will eliminate it definitively).

Anyways I am really curious to what Gazille will be able to do now.
    I really would like if Gazille will be able to vanish like the shadow here http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/318/13, or perhaps I should say better that he could became intangible, he could became untouchable, or at least only his attack could vanish.
    In this case, if Gazille will be able to do that there is the possibility that will be him the one who will defeat Minerva.
    Infact I believe that Erza will be defeated, she is not even able to stand anymore so I really can’t see her win against Minerva, for this reason before of this chapter I believed that the one who would defeat Minerva would be Lluvia, after that she and Gray will defeat Lyon and Chellia.

In the truth there is the possibility that Gazille will collapse immediately after defeating the thing that possess Rogue, or perhaps while he will fight Minerva.
    Anyways I really hope that in this will happen the point of Gazille will not be added to Sabertooth.

Anyways at the end of the chapter will be something related to Arcadias.
    From what Charle says here http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/318/7 http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/27570354/8 I don’t think that she is having a new sight of the future relating to the White Knight, she only worries for what she already saw.
    So there is the possibility that after that Natsu and the others will defeat all the soldiers Charle will say them what she saw in her vision, the role of Arcadias.

But perhaps we will see him in the present with Yukino, what he is doing.
    I believe that he will go to the place where there is the eclipse plan or to the princess, in one of this two places.
    Anyways I don’t think that Yukino is going with him at her own will, I think that after what everything happened she is now from Fairy Tail’s side.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Morlun View Post
    But basically, Natsu eating other elements is bad, but Gajeel is awesome so that's alright?

As for his spotlight being stolen by Natsu, well, it's expected. Natsu is the main character, Gajeel (as much as I like him) is not even in the main 5 characters.

The way you put it, you seem to consider Laxus' lightning different from Rogue's shadow; it is not. They are Dragonslayer elements. Natsu ate one that wasn't his, Gajeel ate another. Not because it was shadow, Raios was his disciple and Gajeel learned it a long time ago, but because (like Natsu) Gajeel was getting his ass kicked and needed a power-up.

There was also no reason to believe Natsu would lose to Zancrow or Hades either.

This was pretty much the exact same situation than Natsu eating another element, so I don't get why it would be ok for Gajeel and not for Natsu, since your reasoning seems to hinge on you liking Gajeel more than Natsu, and Iron-Shadow more than Fire-Lightning.
    I wrote two whole paragraphs explaining how Natsu eating Zancrows God Flames and Laxus' lightning directly contradicts stuff in the manga. It was wildly off topic and a waste of time, but geez if your going to respond to it and call me out on it at least read it then. All Gajeel eating shadows contradicts is DS eating other elements, which has been done many times already anyway by Natsu. How many fights has Natsu won by eating something? How many has Gajeel? How many times has Natsu gotten a power up? How many times has Gajeel? This is not a hard concept dude. This feels fresh. Well, in comparison to the fights we've usually been getting.

There are several reasons to think Natsu would lose to Zancrow and Hades. Gildartz speech made it sound like Natsu would encounter a fight that he would need to run away from, which ideally would then give him an opportunity to work hard and train, then come back stronger and win. Also, Charle's prediction about something awful happening. Everything worked out fine in the end though.....but that's why I don't trust Charle's predictions. She fooled me the first time, but that's the first time. It won't happen again.

Oh yeah, and there's this. http://www.mangahere.com/manga/fairy...3/c216/18.html

Yeah. Hades mopping the floor with Makarov without even getting a scratch or using his true power. Yeah. With all due respect to you my good sir, really good reason to expect Natsu to lose. Of course, back then, I had different standards for FT. Also, unlike the above scenarios, it's not exactly like anyone was expecting Gajeel to lose to Rogue here. Most probably expected Dragon Force, that's what I thought would happen.

And Lightning combined with Fire was boring...Natsu hits a guy, he gets burned, then he gets zapped with lightning. Sound creative? They're also two elements that are often combined in stories, and are technically similar to another. I'm just interested to see how Mashima will combine these two, iron and shadow. Hopefully he'll do a good job.

And so what if Gajeel's not the main character? That means he shouldn't be able to DO SOMETHING once in awhile? Dude. My standards......they aren't high.
    Last edited by exacta; February 10, 2013 at 04:22 PM.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast